Help a newby please?

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

There is a resturaunt that I purchase from near my home. It has a big plant in the front of it that looks like the datura pictures on this forum. The blooms are white and bell shaped and the plant has a kind of mounding habit. It is now getting thorny looking seed pods all over it. It is hardy here where we have extremely low temperatures for months at a time. Is it a datura? The resturaunt has given me permission to harvest as much seed as I want. How do I tell when they are ready to be harvested? What do good seeds look like as opposed to useless seeds? How do I get this started and take care of it? They said it is a very easy going plant and that they even had to mow it down when they did some work near the building. It receives no special care there.

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!