Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Fall and Winter Gardening: Timely information!

Communities > Forums > Article: Fall and Winter Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Article: Fall and Winter GardeningReplies: 4, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2007
4:03 PM

Post #4027090

So many folks think that gardening is over when autumn comes. It's one of my favorite times...less heat and humidity...and gazillions fewer bugs!

This was a good read with lots of information.
gloria125
Greensboro, AL

September 28, 2007
6:31 PM

Post #4027616

Thanks, Melody.

I hope some folks, at least those in the 7, 8, & 9 Zones will at least try some radishes and lettuces in the up-coming season.

As for me, I just found some Swiss Chard "Bright Lights" seed that I hope to get in this weekend. And also some kale. I thought they would make a beautiful composition, and I can eat the plants if I want to.

This message was edited Sep 28, 2007 1:33 PM
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

September 28, 2007
9:40 PM

Post #4028249

I don't do much in the way of vegetables, but my DD does, and so I read your article with great interest. We certainly don't have to worry about the frost and snow that other zones contend with, but you had so much other information! The seed catalogs, books and links to our own DGers were great information. Well done Gloria! Interesting, and informative - and I loved the vege pics!
gloria125
Greensboro, AL

September 28, 2007
10:05 PM

Post #4028321

I love the purple carrots. I ordered the seeds and can't wait to grow them.
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

September 28, 2007
10:10 PM

Post #4028335

Another round of dandelion greens coming up now - excellent article for those who don't yet know the joy of late of late fall harvests :)

Thanks !!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fall and Winter Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
help Podgie 7 Oct 29, 2009 2:00 AM
Veggies and Flowers in the Winter? gloriag 0 Sep 30, 2007 4:01 AM
Great information... Sharran 4 Oct 27, 2009 4:37 PM
New Eliot Coleman Book is Out gloria125 2 Oct 27, 2009 8:10 PM
Plant turnips too early! Liquidambar2 2 Oct 29, 2009 1:54 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America