Thoughts on Towable Trailers < 6000lb

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Hi:

I'm looking for a trailer that my existing SUV (2005 Nissan Pathfinder) can tow. I'm new to RV's/Trailers so I thought I'd ask everyone out there their thoughts on the different manufacturers / models in this category. I went to a dealer and saw a few gulfstreams (4500 lb). They seemed nice.

Thanks!
Andrew

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Coleman used to make a line of pop-up trailers called the Neon, Cobalt, Saphire (?) and one other. Great trailers that are now being made by Fleetwood and of course the names have changed. You'll find them listed under Fleetwood Folding Trailers. http://www.fleetwoodcampingtrailers.com/

I want one! One that I can handle on weekends without my husband to do all the work of towing and setting up our big trailer.

Every year we have a huge RV show in Tampa...this is where we first saw these trailers, close up and personal.

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

When I used to go to horse shows I pull along a pop up tent trailer, looked a lot like the current Fleetwood Destiny model. I was able to hook it up and pull it by myself, as well as set it up for housekeeping at the shows. Two big king size beds, and a single that you could make in the dining area. Only thing I didn't like was it didn't hold in the heat very well, and sometimes it was chilly on the coast. Mostly I enjoyed it pretty well during the years I had it. Sold it for about as much as we paid for it too. Since I had mine in the mid 1980's, I imagine they're even nicer now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.