October's Daily Weather. Still trying to cool down.

Okeechobee, FL(Zone 10a)

78.3 F / 25 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 66 F / 19 C
Wind: 7.6 mph / 12 km/h from the NE
Wind Gust: 11.0 mph / 17 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa
Had about 1" rain this morning
Please come by often and post your weather and wonderful pictures.
I failed to say this is one of E_B's great photos from this last week.
He's found us some color!

Sidney

This message was edited Oct 22, 2007 1:55 PM

Thumbnail by sugarweed
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Sharon, I did go for my walk. Nothing noteworthy to tell you about there. I just got around to asking about the grader. I did do some looking on the internet and it closely resembles the 1901 Champion model. http://www.championantiquegraderclub.ca/photo.htm If it is that old, I feel sorry for the horses that had to pull it.

Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on October 01, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
81 F / 27 C
Clear
Humidity: 24%
Dew Point: 41 F / 5 C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h / 4.1 m/s from the SSE

Thumbnail by Kelli
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Kelli - You should contact a local historian (or someone like that) to let them know the location of the grader. If you're right it's an antique.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good eveing! :D We had a gorgeous day w/a high of 78*. A little on the breezy side, but very nice.

Kelli, I have got to say...that machine is massive for a horse to pull! My guess is they Had to use draft horses or even oxen to maneuver those things. That sure is a lot of steel for regular sized horses to pull. I would much rather see the pics you post instead of the movie stars! :D
Sidney those sure are lovely fall colors! :D How is your back? Take care.
Kiska, That boat is really neat, DH was courious how it got into the woods, too. Did some one haul it there or do you think that it could have actually been a shipwreck?Sharon, Too bad about the moss, but I've gotta give the little critters credit...."inventive" is truely the word! :D
Adina, your house is really shaping up! and glad to see that your DH is really happy about it! :D
Deb, Love that Fern! :D Do you have a pic of it 'unfolded'? I know that some take a while to 'unfold' & some go at it pretty fast.
E_B, Great shot as always...neat lighting! :D

Have a great evening! ;D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Good Morning!

Sideny - That's a gorgeous picture! Where did you take it?
Joey - I kept staring at the plant wondering "what wrong with it?"! I started laughing when I realized what the little wrens had been up to. I thought they were making a nest in the plant like they did last year!

Lake Wind Advisory in effect until 8 am EDT this morning...
High surf advisory in effect until 3 am EDT Wednesday...
Coastal Flood Watch in effect through this afternoon...
Wind Advisory in effect from 8 am this morning to 8 PM EDT this evening...

77.2 F / 25.1 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 71 F / 22 C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4.8 km/h / 1.3 m/s from the NNE
Wind Gust: 6.7 mph / 10.8 km/h
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 79 F / 26 C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 3200 ft / 975 m
Mostly Cloudy 6000 ft / 1828 m

Today
Very windy. Mostly cloudy with showers likely and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Northeast winds 25 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

This is supposed to be the last day of the winds. YAY - I feel like I like in The Valley!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dark, 56(F)

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 86%
Wind: 0 (N) at 0mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.33in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 47F
Yesterday's High Temp: 76F
Dew Point: 50
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: 1700ft
Heat Index: 54
Wind Chill: 54
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 55F
6hr High Temp: 67F

(Zone 3b)

6:30 am, dark and rainy, 40*.
`morning, Dyson -
About the old ship; I've learned that it was hauled there 20 or more, years ago. It is fairly close to the road and at that time, it was just large, cleared area. The person that placed it there, has since passed away. The trees have come up and hemmed it in now. This old cabin was close to it.
Sidney - the photo is wonderful; such rosy colors in such profusion, is beautiful.
music2keep -- 78 yesterday, not bad~~
MySharona - Batten down the hatches once more:) at least the end of the wind is in sight...what a pretty sight, too, to see the butterfly happily perched on the blossom.
Old cabin near the ship.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

We've have lots of rain today at times very heavy. Still raining. We need it so I haven't complained!

76.5 F / 24.7 C
Light Thunderstorm Rain Mist
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 74 F / 23 C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h / 0.9 m/s from the ENE
Wind Gust: 5.8 mph / 9.3 km/h / 9.8 m/s
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 77 F / 25 C
Visibility: 3.0 miles / 4.8 kilometers
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 900 ft / 274 m
Mostly Cloudy 1600 ft / 487 m
Mostly Cloudy 4000 ft / 1219 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. Showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then a chance of showers after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to near 30 mph this evening...decreasing to 5 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Lake Wind Advisory in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening...
High surf advisory in effect until 3 am EDT Wednesday...
Flood Watch in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening...

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

sunny/dark clouds over Lazy Mt., 47*. Very pretty.
MySharona - what a variety of rain/wind coming your way:) Your rainy street looks nice with light behind the clouds...
Beneath the clouds is Lazy Mt; about an hour ago. ( 3pm)
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Dyson dark.
Raining (!) lightly since about 5 pm. Less than 1/10" so far.
Humidity 91%.
Hi today was 83.
Lo tonight 69.

Joey: I'll take a pic of that whole fern tomorrow.
E_B: You are sooo good with light.
Sidney: Where's you find those red trees?
Sharon: My thought of "what's missing" was first squirrel then wren. I've caught both pulling out fibers at one time or another. It's cool because you can follow and see where they're building the nurse.
Kiska" Ooh, I love that yellow trees under the dark sky!

It rained on my roses. :)
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dark, 62

Yesterday, the governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia requested a state of emergency be granted from the federal Government because of the drought and it's effect on agriculture.

Relative Humidity: 81%
Wind: 0 (N) at 0mph
Pressure: 30.21in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 52F
Yesterday's High Temp: 79F
Dew Point: 55
Ceiling: 5500ft
Heat Index: 61
Wind Chill: 61
6hr Low Temp: 70F
6hr High Temp: 79F

Okeechobee, FL(Zone 10a)

I think I found those red trees in Pa. last October.
It's wet and still warm here.
76.6 F / 24.8 C
Light Rain Mist
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 77 F / 25 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 29.85 in / 1010.7 hPa
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Todays news on water levels:
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=7159811

Kiska Gorgeous picture!
Deb got rain! YAY!
Dyson Im still dancing! Seriously, I hope you get rain soon.
Sidney I thought that picture came from PA it looks like the area DH is from.

75.7 F / 24.3 C
Light Rain Mist
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 74 F / 23 C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 75 F / 24 C
Visibility: 6.0 miles / 9.7 kilometers
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 1900 ft / 579 m
Overcast 6500 ft / 1981 m

Today
Mostly cloudy early in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

All of the watches and warnings are over, we still have red tide. The bunnyrainmeter has recorded 3" at our house for the last 2 days.

On the way home from work yesterday

Thumbnail by MySharona

Went outside about 45 mintues ago and this is what I saw!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

7am, beautifully dark with the Big Dipper/North Star overhead, the other stars just glittering...the first time in months to have seen that sight.
31* and icy....
I'm happy to be sharing the sky/weather here w/you all ~~thanks for the kudos...
Wow - MySharona - just love what you captured yesterday - the sunset is awesome...
Deb - the rose is equally awesome...so beautiful.
Dyson - I hadn't realized the extent of the drought till now; hope fall will bring relief..
"Here today, gone tomorrow" some of the trees were holding on the leaves.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kiska: I guess you do get tired of constant daylight. I love the night skies. (31 - oh my!)
Sharon: That's an amazing looking sky. Rainbow at sunrise? Wow!
You've gotten alot of rain. Seems it's either drought or deluge!
We've now had about 1/2" since last evening.

It's pretty warm and muggy, though. I won't complain. Low humidity and cooler temps feel good, but if I have to put up with heat/humidty as a trade off for rain, I'll take it!

Dyson: I will join in with Sharon on some manic rain dancing for you!
Deb

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Wow,great pictures ! Still warm and dry here. Expecting rain during next week-end. I have a new job, in another office,not the messy one. October colors !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Kiska and Deb - Yes taken this morning around 7am. The sky turned this beautiful gold as I was checking on the plants and when I turned around I couldn't believe my eyes! I ran inside and grabbed the camera.
Adina - Congratulations on the new job! Very pretty colorful leaves! I'm envious, we don't get much of that around here.

82.6 F / 28.1 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 69 F / 20 C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h / 0.9 m/s from the East
Wind Gust: 5.4 mph / 8.7 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 86 F / 30 C
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2600 ft / 792 m
Scattered Clouds 15000 ft / 4572 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Patchy fog late in the night. Lows in the mid 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

It was still pretty dark when I took this. The Cardinals didn't see me. They flew right past me so close I felt the breeze they made and landed on the fence. I snapped the picture and then they flew away.

Thumbnail by MySharona

I wish we had cardinals but they don't live here.

Kinda hot

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on October 03, 2007
85 F / 29 C
Clear
Humidity: 15%
Dew Point: 32 F / 0 C
Wind: 14 mph / 22 km/h / 6.2 m/s from the South

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sharon: I've noticed that Cardinals are the night owls of the birds in my garden, too. They are the only ones that come to the feeders at twilight. Neat shot.
Joey: This is the whole fern that sprouted that little fiddlehead I posted a couple of days ago. I don't know yet how cold hardy it is so it's been in a pot all summer so I can move it in when it gets too chilly. "Macho Fern"

It hasn't really stopped raining since this time yesterday. Yahooooo! It's been nice and slow and steady. Total over 24 hrs of 1.5". I hope you get something similar Dyson.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Okeechobee, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, my yard got about 6" at least.
Back is getting better, but is still letting me know I'm not 18.
Love those shots Sharon.
Sidney

Deb Thats a beautiful rose picture you posted earlier! We have Cardinals all day long, but they show up in spades at dawn and dusk. Did you know the young fiddlehead fern can be eaten? Have you ever eaten any?
Sidney 6!! Did you get any flooding? I bet your grass is going to go crazy!! For the most part our rain was slow and steady and soaked in really good.

77.4 F / 25.2 C
Light Rain Mist
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 74 F / 24 C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1013.8 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers
Clouds: Few 1000 ft / 304 m
Mostly Cloudy 2200 ft / 670 m
Overcast 3100 ft / 944 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then numerous showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

It was steamy and muggy yesterday after the rain and its going to stay that way for a while. :P

I saw my first monarch yesterday, but I didn't get to the camera fast enough. So here is one of my GF's, there are about 10 now that hang around Lady Margaret.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Wonderful photos everyone!

Sharon - amazing shots of the golden sky. That photo of the cardinals makes me miss them so much - I love those birds :-) I get a bit "homesick" for Fl when I see them ;-)

Kiska - wonderful photos - very interesting about the ship. So neat how the trees have penned it in over the years.

EB - awesome shots - wonderful scenery you have there :-)

It's raining (still), just a bit breezy, about 17 mph from the SE gusting to 22 mph. 50F.
Sunrise was a 7:45 am, sunset at 6:48 pm.

Here's the birthday girl :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

And here she is in her new "blades" :-) I'm surprised at how quickly she's getting the hang of it :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Blu skies with widely scattered intermittent clouds, 66(F)

Major accomplishment so far today - wearing real shoes (I had been bedroom shoes cause of foot & ankle swelling since the surgery). Think I'll try and run the riding mower around the front yard a few laps. If I am lucky when I get it started, it will start to rain!

Relative Humidity: 81%
Wind: 30 (NNE) at 5mph
Pressure: 30.21in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 61F
Yesterday's High Temp: 84F
Dew Point: 61
Ceiling: 4000ft
Heat Index: 67
Wind Chill: 67
6hr Low Temp: 64F
6hr High Temp: 67F

Okeechobee, FL(Zone 10a)

Well Sharon I can tell you've never seen the yard here. I belong to The Dead Lawn Society and do have some grass.....mostly where I don't want it.
Water got to curb once or twice, but no flooding in this 70 year old development. My house built in 1943 has never been flooded.
Itermitten sun.
Sidney

(Zone 3b)

6:45 - Dyson Dark -- 28* Did I hear the weather forecast say "mixed rain/snow" showers?:)) can't be......
Rann - SelmaR`un is just beautiful- and what a beautiful assortment of cakes. She looks cute with the pink blades and pink outfit.
Dyson - big step today for you, yay --shall I hope it rains when you get outside:)?
MySharona - not to answer for Deb, but here, we pick wild fiddleneck fern in early June; even have a cookbook named in their honor - love the Lady Margaret and how it attracts the butterflies - keep the camera ready for the monarchs......
taken 2 weeks ago at a nearby lake....
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good afternoon, everyone! It's been a busy busy week again here. Today we finally have an "off" day, which I celebrated by finally getting the garden in the front yard cleaned out. I had a sort of "cottage/native plant" theme this year, which looked really nice in May and June but turned quickly into jungle with all of the rain in July. I am moving some of the plants into the backyard along the fence line, and getting rid of some others.. We have a round up next month in College Station, so hopefully I can find people to take some of them. :-) Next spring I need to find some plants that are a little better behaved - or at least shorter. LOL

Selma Run looks very happy and grown up in those skates, Rann.

Did you just say the "s" word, Kiska?? Yikes.. (shiver...) Yep.. I'm sticking to the lizards. LOL

Sidney, I'm glad your back is feeling better. Please keep taking care of yourself!

You, too, Dyson. Have fun on the mower, though. :-)

How's our baby doing, Grammy Joey?

I'm glad you're getting some rain, Deb!! It's about time, too.

Sharon, that rainbow pictures was amazing!!!

Kelli, are you ready for the game(s) tonight? I'm rooting for the Indians and Cubs, so both teams are pretty sure to lose in their first series. LOL We don't have cable, so I can't actually watch the games. Hopefully I'll be able to find one on the radio.

I'm sure I missed people.. Hi, to Adina, E_B, Pati, Blooms, Ric, billyporter, and.. well, everyone else, too!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 12:53pm CDT (63 min ago)
Temperature 88 F 31 C
Dew Point 64 F 18 C
Humidity 44%
Pressure 29.90 in 1012.6 mb
Wind Speed 7 MPH 6 kts
Wind Dir NE 40
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 90 F 32 C
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 66.0F / 18.9C
6 hour max temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 88.0F / 31.1C

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi,everyone,I enjoyed your wonderful fall pics! In Bucharest is still dry and warm,no cloud, no wind ! We're waiting for the announced rain on week-end!Can I ask you for another rain dance ?I had to water the garden again .Look what blooms I have !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Adina: Wow! Very nice fall bloomers!
Kiska: s-n-o-w???
Dyson: Startin up the mower is frequenly a way to bring rain. Did it work for you?
Rann: Someone did some baking! She looks very cool in her blading gear. (Who plays the guitar?)
Sharon: GFs are becoming my favorite b-fly. I haven't been able to get one with wings open yet. Still trying. I've only seen two of them so far.
Sidney: I like that "Dead Lawn Society" . LOL! I could've been a member this summer. I watered everything except the lawn this summer. I'm amazed there's any green left.

Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 71 F / 22 C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the NE
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h
Pressure: 30.11 in / 1019.5 hPa (Steady)
Clouds: Few 3600 ft / 1097 m
Mostly Cloudy 9000 ft / 2743 m
Current temperature: 77F
Deb

Adina, nice morning glories! You must be really looking forward to when your house is finished and you can have a big garden.

Marylyn, yes, I've been watching the games. I'm rooting for the Rockies, Diamondbacks, Indians, and of course the Angels.

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on October 04, 2007
72 F / 22 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 55%
Dew Point: 55 F / 13 C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h / 4.1 m/s from the South

This morning we went hiking at a place called Peter Strauss Ranch. You can read about it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Strauss_Ranch (The article mentions a swimming pool and dam. The pool hasn't been used in years and the dam washed out in the 1960s.) It's a relatively small place, more of a poking around place than a hiking place.

The house

Thumbnail by Kelli

The house is used by some conservation organization.

Thumbnail by Kelli

cactus garden

Thumbnail by Kelli

Rann Selma Run is a stunning young lady! Looks like shes really enjoying the blades. She did a great job decorating her cake. Actually all the cakes look delicious! I want recipes!
Dyson Thats wonderful news! How did your day go in shoes? Did you get your lawn done? Any rain?
Sidney Why is your lawn dead? You are so lucky you havent had any flooding. So many areas in Jax have lately. I really dont miss living in Jax at all.
Kiska Wow - there is a cookbook for fiddleneck ferns?! Isnt that something! We dont get them here I believe were too far South, but I could be wrong. What do they taste like? Very pretty picture. Snow does not compute!
Marylyn Great to hear from you! Sounds like youve been busy. Ive got to get in the yard, but it keeps raining. Were a tad soggy right now.
Adina Your vines are gorgeous! Great collage!
Deb I love the GFs theyre very friendly will land on your hand, shoes, wherever! Their chrysalis lookslike a dead leaf about 1 long and brown. Be careful when youre pruning or moving things around. Ill try to find one and take a picture for you.

Now
Through 730 PM...scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms will continue to develop move across northeast Florida. The showers are moving northwest to north at 10 mph. Thunderstorms will move through Ocala...Sparr...Rainbow Lakes Estates...Cross Creek and Micanopy. Flooding of low lying areas should be expected along U S 301. Along with...brief gusty winds...dangerous lightning and heavy downpours with thunderstorm activity.

Flood Watch in effect through late tonight...

75.7 F / 24 C
Light Rain
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 72 F / 22 C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3 km/h from the ENE
Wind Gust: 7.8 mph / 12 km/h
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa(Rising)
Heat Index: 76 F / 24 C
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 900 ft / 274 m
Scattered Clouds 4800 ft / 1463 m
Mostly Cloudy 7500 ft / 2286 m
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft / 4572 m

Tonight
Numerous showers and thunderstorms early this evening...then scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Lows in the mid 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Taken yesterday - GF on the baby hummingbird vine (it just started blooming).

Thumbnail by MySharona

a view from the trail behind the house

Thumbnail by Kelli

This is the swimming pool. It is said to accomodate 3,000 people and was the largest pool on the west coast when it was built. It has an island out in the middle.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli - I LOVE Peter Strauss! What a great way for him to preserve the property.
Deb - here is an old picture - it's not great but you get the idea of what the caterpillar and the chrysalis look like.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Helluuuu! :D
We had a little rain today (still had to water the flowers) & the temp was 86*! 86* is hot for a normal summer! Oh, well....

Dyson? Did you get all of the rain? I saw on the tv weather map & thought it was headed your way. Did it reach you? 'Hope so.
Kelli, What a great place to go walking! Wow! Love that Cactus Garden! :D Was it you who asked about that one flower that I posted (I think so)...It's a Snapdragon.
Sharon! Love the rainbow! Gee! :D I reacon that everything is getting ready to come south. My hummers haven't left yet, tho. They are usually gone by the end of Sept., but today they were fighting over the feeder, as usual.
Marylyn, JW is doing great...grown 1 inch since the 15th of Sept & gained over 2 pounds. I think that we have a little pig on our hands! :D He was staying up all hours of the night, so the past 3-4 days we've been changing his schedule for him. Grammy's wearing him out & then giving him a bath, just in time for our supper; he's sleeping until about 3:00a.m. The best part is that he is cooing & smiling, without being asleep! :D
Rann, Selma Run is really growing up! She's a very pretty young lady! :D Those cakes look really good...what kind are they?
Sidney, glad to hear that your back is improving...keep up the good work! :D I don't know what a "Dead Lawn Society" is either...I working toward a "no-grass/all flowers" yarn , myself! :D
Deb, I love the fern! Wow! You should see if you can get an ID for it to see how hardy it would be. And the Rose is Bee-u-ti-ful! :D
Adina, Love those MG's! Have you started planning your flower beds for your new house? :D
Kiska, I love those Fall colors! Wow! The Lazy Mt. is something Else! :D

Have a good evening!
Joey

(another dragon)

Thumbnail by music2keep
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sharon: Thanks for the pic of the GF "baby clothes". Now I know what to look for because I plan to plant for them for next season.
Joey: that fern is Nephrolepis biserrata 'Macho' (aka, Giant Sword Fern) and it's supposed to only be hardy to 9b. Since I'm 8a, I am pushing it, probably. But I may try keeping it outside pretty far into winter and just watch it carefully. It can get really big, I'm told.
Kelli: Another great tour. Thanks!

We've had nearly 2" of rain over the past 48 hrs. Nice and slow.
Deb

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.