Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Landscape: Flagstone patios: rock walk/patio by Calif_Sue

Communities > Forums > Landscape: Flagstone patios
bookmark
Forum: Landscape: Flagstone patiosReplies: 4, Views: 427
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
casualdigs
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 6b)

October 7, 2007
10:14 PM

Post #4058582

My husband and I have been thinking of doing something like this. We are always bringing home rocks and pieces of "stuff". I also saw a patio in a magazine where the owner/creater had embedded flat, steel weights from an old weight lifting set within the flagstones. I also do mosaic. Do you have any tips for using various peices in a walk or patio?

Calif_Sue

Calif_Sue
Northern California
United States
(Zone 9a)

October 25, 2007
6:45 AM

Post #4121222

Sorry to take so long to get back here.
If you scroll down beneath the images, you'll see that these were taken on a garden tour so I can't be of any help with suggestions.
Catnipia
Sarasota, FL

February 15, 2008
5:49 PM

Post #4542348

There is an outdoor shopping "village" where I used to live up north and it is quite pleasant. For their walkways they embedded all sorts of objects in the drying cement. Everything from clock parts, a half-pair of scissors, old tools (wrenches, pliers), marbles, cogs, etc. - and it must be less fragile than it looks, because hundreds of people walk over it everyday and it still looks great after almost five years - including Michigan winters.

I'd love to try this too.

LC
drumlin
Rockport, ME
(Zone 5b)

February 20, 2008
12:35 AM

Post #4561815

Wow...do I feel a new trend in recycling coming on?? I've never heard of using "found" objects for a walkway, but it makes so much sense...opens a lot of possibilities.
lilianrose
Eastpointe, MI

February 27, 2008
8:55 PM

Post #4597293

Dear Catnipia,
I live in Michigan, and I would be interested in learning where this outdoor shopping village is as I am interested in seeing it.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

-

Other Landscape: Flagstone patios Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Rock Path element0353 0 Dec 26, 2007 4:44 AM
paving stone walk way adekunle 0 Apr 4, 2008 6:48 PM
pathway michaelasgarden 1 May 19, 2008 2:05 AM
Amazing djkentuckyham 0 May 30, 2008 2:43 AM
unique pathways & patio! I_LOVE_ROSES 0 Jun 24, 2008 3:58 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America