Photo by Melody

Article: Crepe Murder Mystery: Starting an Ireal Garden.

Communities > Forums > Article: Crepe Murder Mystery
bookmark
Forum: Article: Crepe Murder MysteryReplies: 3, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
boswell
Zachary, LA

October 8, 2007
6:55 PM

Post #4061869

A friend gave me a rather large start of a beautiful ground cover he called Wandering Jew.
Not previously acquainted with it, I was startled to see it's rapid growth - could be called invasive. Found a spot beneath a clump of Live Oaks & Crape Myrtle where nothing else seemed interested in taking root. I placed a border around the area, and called it my Israel Garden into which I transplanted the Wandering Jew. It will soon be a sight to behold.
jadajoy
Newport News, VA
(Zone 11)

October 8, 2007
8:22 PM

Post #4062101

I love the idea of an Israel Garden! Wandering Jew is indeed a rapid grower and is also a great indoor hanging plant. I might try some under my Crepe :-)
Watersdeadtrees
Valrico, FL

October 8, 2007
11:09 PM

Post #4062665

Hello From Florida, I Loved the story'Crape Myrtle ',Thank You. While driving to the Dr. Office this past spring I noticed that they had removed two very large Crape Myrtle's that where in pretty bad shape. The fire ants added with some kind of fungus had just about destroyed them. Feeling like I must at least try to save them--After getting permission--I took them home. Note: they where at least 5years old. I have an acre of land so I found a spot Far from the rest of my Plants/Trees=Friends just to make sure if they had something fatal it would not be spread to anyone else. I treated their illness aggressively cutting them back to just the strongest limbs then soaking the entire plant/tree with soap and water and gave them a few prayers. I honestly didn't give them much a chance,But to just let them die on the side of the road was not something I could do. After a few months I saw the first bud pooping out of the steam, They have even bloomed ( A little) . I have a good feeling they will be a site to behold next spring...All I can say is>...Never give up!!
jadajoy
Newport News, VA
(Zone 11)

October 8, 2007
11:19 PM

Post #4062694

You done Good! wow!
I'm sure they will reward you with beautiful blooms once they fully recover!
I'm impressed.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Crepe Murder Mystery Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
your murdered crepe myrtle sunbug1 17 Oct 11, 2007 3:26 PM
My 'dead' crepe myrtle scottsmom 1 Oct 8, 2007 2:03 PM
Thanks pupilpropogtr 2 Oct 8, 2007 9:51 PM
Mother's Day Crepe Myrtle Vipslady 0 Oct 9, 2007 4:41 AM
transplanting a crepe myrtle tubbyjoe 1 Jul 25, 2008 12:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America