Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!: SCALLIONS/GREEN ONOINS FROM SCRAP

Communities > Forums > Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!Replies: 2, Views: 53
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FLASHKY
Boston, KY

October 8, 2007
10:04 PM

Post #4062414

I TAKE A SHARP KNIFE & CUT THE ROOT AND A 1/4 " OFF MY STORE BOUGHT GREEN ONIONS AND PLANT THEM IN MOIST SOIL AT MY KITCHEN WINDOW, THEY WILL REGROW OVER & OVER. OR YOU CAN CUT OFF WHAT YOU NEED LEAVING THE ROOT AND THAT 1/4" IN THE DIRT AND IT WILL SHOOT UP AGAIN. MY BROTHER LIKES THEM FOR BLOODY MARY'S AND I LIKE FOR MEXICAN FOOD AND GARNISHES. I HAVE ALSO PLANTED IN A SHADED OUTSIDE FLOWER BED AGAINST THE HOUSE AND THIS WORKS TOO
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

October 8, 2007
11:14 PM

Post #4062680

Well, for goodness sake, THAT is new to my brain! Thanks, Flashky.
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 9, 2007
12:28 AM

Post #4062977

Great idea! Buy scallions once and have them for a lifetime! My way of thinking!

Jeremy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
growing pineapples ringbearer31 11 Dec 31, 2010 7:46 AM
Golden gardening opportunities... podster 8 Oct 8, 2007 11:33 PM
Pot size? imapigeon 3 Oct 15, 2007 1:49 AM
Pineapples billowen 0 Oct 8, 2007 8:37 PM
My pineapple pic Islandshari 9 Oct 12, 2007 4:04 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America