Photo by Melody

Article: Does Money Grow On Trees?: THE MONEY TREE

Communities > Forums > Article: Does Money Grow On Trees?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Does Money Grow On Trees?Replies: 4, Views: 66
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FLASHKY
Boston, KY

October 8, 2007
10:13 PM

Post #4062450

DOES ANYONE SELL OR TRADE SEEDS? PLS LET ME KNOW, I THINK THESE ARE SO COOL. MY GRANDMA IN IND USED TO HAVE ONE OUTSIDE, SHE GAVE ME A TON OF SEEDS AND THEY WERE LOST IN A MOVE. SHE IS NOW GONE
THANKS
SUSIE
jadajoy
Newport News, VA
(Zone 11)

October 8, 2007
10:25 PM

Post #4062482

Yes,
I can send you some seeds . Just send a dmail :-)
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

June 19, 2010
4:25 AM

Post #7901955

FlashKY
I use to sub over at the Boston elementary school a lot before I moved. The county finally put in a new septic system that involved planting sweet flag over the area that would ordinally be the lateral lines and fenced it off. It was a new way of fixing problem drain areas, pretty neat.

I also loved the kids over there- all the people were so very nice and they all have their oyster supper once a year which was always so much fun. (well most of the kids were nice there was that one kid that drove me nuts even when he grew older I would run into him at the Old Kentucky Middle school and then he showed up at the high shcool too) I am pretty sure he is in jail now.
My bestest friend, past neighbor, and partner in gardening lives on Ice Town Rd. Oh how I miss seeing her everyday.
Joyce; Loved your article. I especially loved you description of your Dad and the effect it left on him growing up in the depression. My parents too grew up in the depression way back on a creek. They watch every penny they spend too. Every time I buy anything - like 2 years ago I bought thornless blackberries and I they told me every since that I am not going to have a pot to piss in - also an old phrase left over from depression. It is hard to imagine the hard life they had with no electricity, no cars, the hardest part I think was that they went to bed at night in the winter, in a house with no insulation, and unheated.

However, they sure did seem to enjoy my first crop of blackberry cobbler.
jadajoy
Newport News, VA
(Zone 11)

June 19, 2010
12:13 PM

Post #7902950

Ha! yes.."you didn''t have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out!" Another one was " you're going to end up in the poor house"..I always wondered where the poor house was...lol

I guess it was desperate times, although, my grandfather was a preacher and they never go hungry :-)

Joyce

Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

June 19, 2010
3:21 PM

Post #7903429

Preachers
Earned their way by providing comfort in a time of trouble when there was not other comfort ot be had. This I am very sure.
My mother still takes about Brother Anderson, and how he was part of leading my grandfather to Christ.
Hard to believe my grandfather never came to Christ till he was way up in his 30's. Mom swears the night that grandpa became a Christian, Brother Anderson came to their house and the sky at dark lite up all night like the angels in heaven were rejoicing.

Yes, preachers brought comfort. Sounds like your father was one MORE MAN!

I think I read some where years later there was some kind of unusual event at that time that caused the northern lights to be exceptional. I wondered if that was what Brother Anderson and my grandfather witnessed that night?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Does Money Grow On Trees? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful Lunaria Jax4ever 13 Sep 24, 2007 4:31 PM
Lunaria Sass10 1 Sep 24, 2007 12:07 AM
The Money Tree pupilpropogtr 1 Sep 25, 2007 10:09 AM
ELEPHANT EARS...LEAVE OUT OR TAKE IN KY FLASHKY 2 Aug 24, 2010 11:01 AM
Great! Sharran 3 Jun 14, 2010 10:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America