Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Vipslady
Sacramento, CA

October 9, 2007
4:41 AM

Post #4063870

My family moved into a new house in 1954. I was in fifth grade. I inherited the house in 1982 and am still living here. My Mother planted a crepe myrtle that is still here and we love it. However, in the back of the lot there was a plant that started to grow when we watered. We kept cutting "this weed" it out. We forgot about it at one point and it kept growing. It turned out to be a beautiful crepe myrtle. It is still growing. One year (probably in the 1960's) I gave my Mother a crepe myrtle for Mother's Day. It might have been this one. We even have home movies of her bringing a flower from the bush. All I know is that the crepe myrtle in the back of the lot was determined to keep living and it will be as long as my family have the property. Carol Swinehart Swanson in Sacramento CA

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Crepe Murder Mystery Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
your murdered crepe myrtle sunbug1 17 Oct 11, 2007 3:26 PM
My 'dead' crepe myrtle scottsmom 1 Oct 8, 2007 2:03 PM
Starting an Ireal Garden. boswell 3 Oct 8, 2007 11:19 PM
Thanks pupilpropogtr 2 Oct 8, 2007 9:51 PM
transplanting a crepe myrtle tubbyjoe 1 Jul 25, 2008 12:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America