Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

This vine is growing over everything in the forest behind my land in the Texas Hill Country. I wish I had pictures of it when it flowered but just noticed it. The pods look very much like a cucumber but have a milky-white liquid coming from the stem end when cut and the pods are hard, woody and full of seeds. It seems to be pretty invasive.

Thumbnail by Saladbowl
Buffalo, NY

it almost resembles a milkweed.I believe part of the solanum family.that would be my best guess.

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Now this is interesting. I'll be watching and waiting.

:-)

(Zone 1)

I have no idea what it is but I love those variegated leaves! Can't wait to hear what it is!

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Hello,

Can't help but to ask more
about your plant, I'm thoroughly interested!

When you say the pods are woody and full of seeds, could
you tell us more about the seeds? Are they flat and papery,
fluffy and feathery, etc?

Karen Marie

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks to"nitejasime" I do belive this is a milkweed, specifically Honey Vine. Try this link to see it better. This is another picture of the pods. I will try to take a picture of it when the pods open.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/68440/

Thumbnail by Saladbowl
Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Very cool, thanks, nite!

Have fun with your vine, Kgirl!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I've this vine on my woodland backyard. Last year I've seen one seedpod. But so far this year I havn't yet. The leaves on mine aren't variegated. And the seedpod is smaller about the side of an okra, pictures above appear as big as a small cucumber? So far I haven't seen much straying seedlings, but when I do. Weed-b-gone will be needed. The seedpods are interesting though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.