Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Crocosmia

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I am looking for pink and yellow crocosmias. Anyone have them and if so would you be willing to trade or at least point me to your source? :}

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

PINK!!!! Did you say PINK - oh my gosh!! This is the first I've heard of it! Better write that one down.......

Hampstead, NC(Zone 8a)

Would love to find same. Try bulb.com. Has a list of all the places that sell bulbs. List is huge and I havn't had time to go through the whole list, but it's a place to start. Am "watching" this site to see if you have any luck. Best to 'ya.

Macclesfield, CHESHIRE(Zone 8a)

Zany,

I have a dwarf crocosmia that is a yellowy orange colour - any interest ?

El Tel

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

ELTEL! I would love to have a couple of yours. My Lucifers seeds are ready to mail out now if you want some. Also ready are the Variegated Tree Mallow seeds. If you would like to make a swap of it?

Hey Crocosmia experts! I am not very familular with crocosmia, but I receive some in a trade. Problem is, she sent me two plants, and I am not sure which is which. Does
Crocosmia have bulbs or tuber roots?
Thanks!
Susan

Hampstead, NC(Zone 8a)

Bulbs and the bulbs make baby bulbs and they make more! 'Course the seeds drop too, but I'm not sure how long it takes the seeds to come up. Want more? I've got plenty of them.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I just pulled up some of the orange and found it interesting that there were small bulbs forming along the roots of the plant. I do not think I have ever seen a bulb that reproduced in this manner before.

La Center, WA

I have a friend in the UK who is sending me seeds from Crocosmia 'Culzean pink'. If I can get them to grow, I may have a few seeds next year. Or maybe baby bulbs?
So lets have this seed swap again next year too!

Hampstead, NC(Zone 8a)

Please include me in this! would love pink. Thanks. And Zanymuse, I think these babies can reproduce faster than tribbles!

Germantown, MD(Zone 7a)

You can find a photo of Crocosmia Culzean Pink at this website. Lots of Crocosmia I have never heard of. Did anyone find the pink for sale anywhere??

http://theafricangarden.netfirms.com/page7.html
Ree

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

There is a Pink one called Crocosmia Rosea................. but it is actually a Tritonia!!!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Ah... Mark you do get around. Link them to your site so they may drool over your collection. Cindy

Hi Cindy

Yep I sure do.................. good idea, then if anyone else looks they will see the link!!

www.simplesite.com/crocosmia

Mark

Nelson, NH(Zone 5a)

I would be interested in any crocosmia besides Lucifer as well. Check out my trade list. I just love this flower, but of course up here you have to remember to dig them up(which I have definitely forgot in years past!) Same with Dahlias if anyone has any. Thanks!-Kath

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

If anyone is interested I have these crocosmias for trade:
emily mckenzie
george davidson
babylon
meteore
I'm looking for peonies and coneflowers mostly, especially razzmatazz.

Shirley

Hi Shirley

Crocosmia grow ok in your area???????????
You have D-Mail

Mark

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

shirley you have dmail.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.