New buys this weeK!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

You know the ones that jump into your basket!!!!
You don't have the heart to put them back on the shelf,especially when you hear take me, take me home daddy!!! Please!!!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

The tag!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Did someone say bromelaids??

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Another

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

together

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I think you have an addiction, Don. One that many of us share. Looking forward to your sharing the winter adventure. I STILL need a greenhouse. Purchased a duranta myself just today.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Wow Don...those are way cool! They don't even sell any like that around here! Enjoy!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Lou!
Who Me!!!LOL Nah!!!! Just enjoying life is all!!!LOL

Marcy,I know way cool,expensive tho!!
3 plants took a 100 bill!!!!

Whats money if you can't enjoy it!!!!

Sydney, Australia

Building another room in the greenhouse are we TM?.....maybe a penthouse suite?

They are beautiful!

There are many ways to spend $100.00.....many wasteful and foolish ways.....this has not been one of them :)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LOL I agree!!!!!
Penthouse suite is in the other greenhouse,which is housing a few other bromes,nothing
fancy smancy as these thou!!!

Kwajalein, Marshall Islands(Zone 11)

Very cool! Though I agree with LouC....Don, you need a 12 step program....

Sydney, Australia

No you don't!

Now Chrissy, don't be an enabler! The first step is to admit one has a problem.

Hi, I'm Shari and I am a plant addict. Yep....that I am! And proud of it!!!

Sydney, Australia

Being addicted to your garden would be like saying you are addicted to your home........after all your garden is an extension of your home.....outdoor rooms .....we don't say we are addicted to to home hence garden addiction is a fallacy
Addicted to beauty ? yes
Addicted to joy? yes
Addicted to love yes
Addicted to peace yes

So we are just decorating!

We are a funny lot though ....we complain about the petrol ....the price of bread....the groceries....all the time ...but decorating? it does not register as expensive....why? because it is priceless in relation to the joy it gives.

Might as well face it we're addicted to ............love.......might as well face it.......we're addicted to.........

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Like the song says!!! LOve will keep us together!!!
Well Thats the way I feel about plants,the more the merrier!!!!
Yes I'm addicted and proud to admit it!!!LOL

Besides keeps me out of bars and chasing wild women!!
Well the bars anyhow!!!LOL

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow! Guess I used a "bad" word. I share the affliction in a big way so it was not a slam.
You are right, Chrissy. Whenever I spend money on the yard I tend not to count it. Same as when Mike spends money on groceries. Necessary to maintain life. Keep it up, Don.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Gardening is one of the most expensive hobbies..It can make ya or break ya..LOL...

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Nice sized bromies Don, now where on earth are you going to put them?
Gardening can be an expensive hobby - but what a way to go!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

What a haul, Don....! Love the Vriesias...my favorites along with the Neos!!!!

Don't let them mess with you...$$$$ is $$$$. Joy is mana for the soul.

Carol

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LOL,NOTHING MAKES ME FEEL BETTER THAN SPENDING LOTS OF MONEY ON BUYING NEW PLANTS!!!!

I feel like I saved another plant from someone not watering or overwatering!!!!

Brave heart always a place in my heart and garden,for someone or something!!!!
So everone has a place of joy!!!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL. If I had known you were looking for a bromelaid I could have sent you several from here at work that were in the compost pile. They were HUGE too. Still good plants they just have no use for them anymore.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Had they already flowered?

Sydney, Australia

Pepper you take them home and plant them up they throw pups!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Then mail them to me!!!!!LOL

Sydney, Australia

Planning on buying the house next door to fit them all in TM?
are you enjoying your new guests.......the little green frogs live in mine.....hope you had a nice Dinner last night.
Hey Pepper do you rescue some of the discarded plant? some of my best things are rescued ones.I love the challenge of reviving very expensive plants that have been thrown out!

Yes, I rescue plants all the time. I get freebies the greenhouse doesn't want then the gardeners will throw plants in the compost pile that they don't want.

TM, if you really want those bromelaids I will see if they are still there and get them out. I may not be able to get any because they used the backhoe to push it all in. I will look again tomorrow.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Naw,thats fine,but next time,check to see if the babies are still there,the mother will eventually die, and the babies will be the future plant to flower.
I'll gladly pay you for shipping them to me.

Will do!

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

Don,
That one on the right is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you know the name of it, so I can look it up and try to find one for me garden. :o)
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where on earth did you find it???
Janet

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hi Janet,

Well the tag just says Purple Haze.

Good luck,local nursery had it,
Don

Sydney, Australia

hi everyone....we have had scalding hot dry dry winds again today.....hey pepper look at my 6 pots dragged out of the bin at work by my daughter in law....you can't tell from the pic but they will be beautiful in my jungle ....just need some tender care!.....happy me...sorry to hear of the trouble with the weather folks ....I saw it on the news last night very nasty! on the US weather map!

Shari your article on your Island was wonderful.....(you could make a great tv series about it I think).....I haven't commented as I did not want to jump the gun again like I did with the plumerias!

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Chrissy, I think you did jump the gun - WHAT? Another Shari article that we don't know about yet?

Sydney, Australia

Oh no Whoops but I didn't comment yet.....sorry we are a day ahead of the US......you will have it tomorrow....look for it it is lovely :)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Wow,,out of the trash bin!!!!
Lucky you!!!

Sydney, Australia

Yes 6 of them all trimmed up and talked gently to .....they are little darlings....honestly fancy throwing stuff like that out! they already look good!
Wonder if they will be chucking out some broms next....I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Chrissy - now that I understand what is going on, you won't catch me unaware...you comment any and all you want to. I love hearing both good and bad comments...at least it means people are reading my articles!! ☺☺

Your re-cycles look wonderful! Lucky you!

I just collected an eight ft. schleferra from a couple that are leaving...had just the perfect spot in the garden for it....I don't get too many new ones anymore, because I am trying to concentrate on the seeds and cuttings I am getting from DG friends, but this I just couldn't resist. I'll post a pic later.

Sydney, Australia

Love umbrella trees!
Loved your article!
Love saving the recycles!
Gotta plant up a large quantity of Fox tail palm seeds.....have you seen them .............big red ones!
Got lots and lots of baby fruit on my fruit trees !despite terrible weather and fires (up all around the old churches)

Oh happy me:)

Hope you all are enjoying your day/evening/morning......whichever.....you will never have it back again!

I have a beautiful pot of foxtail ferns, but they are green...I've ...oh never mind, you said foxtail palms! Oh, I bet they will be wonderful!

So sad about the fires....

Must go plant some lovely brugs that Jenny sent me!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh Chrissy, Not those beautiful churches you showed us.....

Sydney, Australia

oooooooh lucky gal.....love them! been busy with the paint brush hoping for babies.......not that much available here so I am hoping to "invent some"........I have just planted out the cordylines and they look great I can hardly wait until they grow a little (or a lot!)....hmmmm foxtail ferns ...never come across them they sound interesting.
Have Fun!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.