Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Bradford Pear Tree (To plant or not to plant): Great Article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Bradford Pear Tree (To plant or not to plant)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Bradford Pear Tree (To plant or not to plant)Replies: 2, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JanetS
Braselton, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 14, 2007
1:21 PM

Post #4081171

[quote] In spring they were abloom with pretty white flowers like those of a real pear tree, though their scent is nothing like real fruit blossoms at all. [/quote]

Funny story.. a couple of years ago, when the trees were in bloom, my Brother and I were at an Arboretum near my home. They are beautiful in full bloom! He could hardly wait to stick his face into those blooms...and if you could have seen the look of shock, when he realized they SMELL terrible! LOL I laughed for several minutes! They are certainly not Cherry Blossoms. He stills talks about how shocked he was by the terrible smell of those beautiful flowers!
debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 14, 2007
4:35 PM

Post #4081692

Ah Janet!!
That is such a hilarious story!! I can imagine the look on his face.. ROFL!!

Thank you!

debnes
JanetS
Braselton, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 15, 2007
2:41 AM

Post #4083801

;)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Bradford Pear Tree (To plant or not to plant) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
reminds me of the Norway Maple! carrielamont 4 Feb 27, 2008 8:03 PM
New Start LouC 15 Sep 18, 2010 7:37 PM
Super informative - thanks! Dea 7 Oct 17, 2007 1:40 PM
trinity pear cathy4 1 Oct 14, 2007 6:12 PM
Bradford Pears phantomasc 1 Oct 21, 2007 11:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America