Really cute goat photos

Upper Marlboro, MD(Zone 7a)

I've been lurking for quite a while, but decided I had to share these adorable goat photos... I took my baby goat to the public library that my mother manages. One of her librarians was giving a talk on spinning and the fiber arts, and my mother decided the goat (although a Pygmy, not a fiber goat) would be a good visual aid. The children loved her, and she was very well behaved, even falling asleep in one girl's arms!

Thumbnail by AnnaB264

I love this one... she's stroking the goats head like a dog.

Thumbnail by AnnaB264

Here she fell asleep... she started to totter backwards when the girl went to move.

Thumbnail by AnnaB264

With Mama Goat. I'm in the center with the blonde hair (you know, the only one that isn't under 10 yrs. old!)

Thumbnail by AnnaB264
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Pygmy goats are so cute and they have great personalities. Thanks for sharing these photos with us.

I'm thinking of dressing up my goats for Halloween... if I do, I'll be sure to post photos!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

As a pygmy owner I agree: cute, and great personalities! Who couldn't love a baby goat? Thanks for posting the cute photos. What a wonderful experience for all and who knows what interests you perked in those young minds by taking the time to bring in your animals?

I'm waiting for the Halloween costume photos!!!

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

OOOhhh! I love how the kids will climb in your lap! I miss mine! I had to sell them when we were building our house which was three years ago. My DH and I have been discussing getting a couple pygmy does and a buck. I raised Saanans, Oberhaasli and nubians so pygmies would be a first. Your pics are an inspiration to me to do more than talk about getting them!!!
Can't wait to see the halloween costumes!!

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

OOOhhh! I love how the kids will climb in your lap! I miss mine! We sold ours when building the house
:(
My DH and I have been discussing getting a couple pygmy does and a buck. I raised Saanans, Oberhaasli and nubians so pygmies would be a first. Your pics are an inspiration to me to do more than talk about getting them!!!
Can't wait to see the halloween costumes!!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

In the interrim: I sadly announce the death of my most beloved pygmy goat, Frosty. He was about 13 and took ill and perished all in one 16 hour period. Poor little guy! Not enough time for the vet to even call me back...... He was the most social and vocal of the goats and will be sorely missed.
RIP Frosty. This is the hardest part of owning an animal, no matter what type.

Thumbnail by Poochella
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I agree, loosing them is the hardest part. What a cute little guy.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Thank you Mary E. He was a wonderful little pet!

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

I am sorry for your loss. He'll stay in heart! The favorites always do.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

You are right there saananSandy- we have lots of fond memories and I thank you for your sentiments. In the two days following Frosty's demise, his littermate and best buddy had been acting feeble, although back to his usual self now, thankfully.

When I review the photos by AnnaB above, suddenly I want a couple new pygmy kids next spring!

My DD had a bunch of her college friends visit this summer. You'd think Brad Pitt was in the pasture rather than Frosty. Look at the cameras and the attention!

Thumbnail by Poochella
Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

I'm sure his littermate misses him terribly.
And I don't know about you but I'd rather hang around and take pics of the goats than hang out with Brad!! Much more entertaining!!

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I would have to ponder Brad Pitt vs a Pygmy goat, for just a few seconds, but Buddy is winning out right now. He has also taken ill and I'll start a new threat to get goat folks' input on helping to save him. It's been a rotten couple of weeks.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

'm so sorry for your loss. :(

here is my granddaughter, Elizabeth petting her first goat this fall.

Thumbnail by notmartha
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Hi notmartha,
She is one lucky girl! How can one look at that goat face and not see the smile? I hope Elizabeth has a long and enjoyable life filled with animals.

Thanks for you sentiments as well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images