In May of 2006 I posted pictures of a snake that showed up in my toilet after I had taken a hot shower.
Recently, my son spent 2 days in the hospital after being bit by an identical snake.
I was never able to get a positive ID of this snake.
He definitely had two fang marks on his finger. All this time we were thinking this was a harmless snake. The Fire dept snake expert was not able to ID this snake either. He said it looked a bit like a cottonmouth and a bit like a Copperhead, but not really like either. It was tested and did have pit-viper venom. He took the snake live with him to the hospital, as it wouldn't let go of his finger for a while. When he got it off he placed it in a small pet pac and took it for ID. Do we have another type of venomous snake?
My son has fully recovered now. The fireman took the snake. We don't know it's fate.