Livestock Guard Dog Available

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Hope I don't get in trouble for this. Our rescue has an Anatolian Shepherd livestock guardian available in eastern KS or within 1000 miles of there. His situation is urgent, he's in a shelter. Looks like he was picked up at a sheep auction so likely he's been with sheep. My ASD was too until I got him and trained him to goats. Worked with him about 2 weeks to make sure he would be ok with them. Anyway, hope I'm not breaking any rules just knew people have been having problems with livestock predators. Here's the info I have on him and you'd need to fill out an adoption app at www.nasrn.com You can even foster to adopt to make sure he works out for you. We want to place our dogs in the best home for them, in this case it would be a working home where he can guard livestock/farm.

"KANSAS (southeastern): URGENT
Trapper is a young male Anatolian that was dumped and abandoned at a local sheeph auction. Apparently his services were no longer needed. :-( He is now in a shelter and his time is almost up. Trapper is in desperate need of a foster or adoptive home. He's very scared in the shelter, most likely he has always been on a sheep ranch. Please let us know if you can foster or adopt this big guy.
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9464998 "

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

WVdaisy...........I just went on Petfinders and read about Trapper......that is just wonderful that he is being trained in what he loves to do and will find his forever home soon.

Deann

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

WvDaisy

Here is a pic of my 10mo pup. His coloring makes his look a bit like Trapper. His name is Cowboy and he will be a good guard dog for the barn. His mom is a bull mastiff / boxer cross. His dad was passin' through. LOL

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

We have some really great foster homes though never enough of them :( Cowboy has the droopy jowls of the mastiff/boxer which is a giveaway to his heritage ;) His dad could have been a lab or mix of lab/shep.

Lana

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I suspect a shepherd mix also. We had one of his brothers that looked quite a bit different than him, though it is possible there was more than one male in the mix. His brother had a medium coat, was sorrel colored and had a more pointed muzzle with a black mask. He left home and never returned. I hope he found a home with kids. He was one wild unit. LOL

none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

Ohhh why did you let me see this thread WV ! :)
i am looking for one but not at this time, we are still building our home and we are in a apt right now.
Im a sucker for adoptions
i will pass along the message to others in my neighborhood. we 're a bit far ,but you never know who has a friend or releative in that area.
sue

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Taynors, I have just the dog for you! She not ASD as far as I can tell, most likely german shepherd/lab. She's great with kids, doesn't chase the chickens, bunnies, or cats. Is completely housebroken and doesn't need a lot of outdoor time. Her name is Honey and she's been my foster dog since this spring.

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy
none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

awwww she is so cute
i won't be able to get a dog until Summer . No house yet :( but i will keep you posted :)
thanks
sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images