Photo by Melody

Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden): Delightful!

Communities > Forums > Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden)
Forum: Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden)Replies: 6, Views: 68
Add to Bookmarks
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2007
5:00 AM

Post #4109415

They are so pretty and cute--wonderful pictures, too! I'm not out west anymore, but it is fun to see all the migrating birds come through here. I always thought they would enjoy mealworms, but never got around to providing them. Thanks for the reminder--it would be fun to watch them eat those!
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

October 22, 2007
11:07 AM

Post #4109661

I've seen little yellow birds in the early spring around a huge maple tree next to my bird feeders. I often wonder why I never see them at any other time of the year. It never occurred to me that they could be migratory. I wonder if my yellow birds could be Wilson's Warlbers! Oh, I must be prepared to take pictures of them if they come back to my yard next spring. Thank you, Deb, for opening my eyes wider.
Mid-Cape, MA
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2007
12:36 PM

Post #4109904

Great pictures and information, Deb! Wish I had your expertise with a camera and as a bird watcher. I've just planted a bird and butterfly garden, and have hopes for luring more of these fascinating beauties. More importantly, you have inspired me NOT to develop a "wild" area of my yard, but rather, to leave it "for the birds!" Thank you.

Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 22, 2007
4:10 PM

Post #4110566

Deb, You did it again!!! Such a lovely article, great information and so poetic too.
We need more of these to inspire us.
Waxahachie, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 22, 2007
5:47 PM

Post #4110941

Fantastic article, Deb! I, too, love to watch birds and other wildlife. I agree that when they choose my place to visit, it is a great compliment. Can't wait to meet you next week!!
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

October 22, 2007
9:49 PM

Post #4111810

I am not a birdwatcher, except for the raptors...those fascinate me. So it is a clear testament to your skills with words that I thoroughly enjoyed your article. Thanks for giving me a new viewpoint and doing it in such an entertaining manner!
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 23, 2007
2:50 AM

Post #4113142

Aww you guys are so precious!!
Thank you for all the kind words. It is the angle that keeps me a diligent gardener. More to care about than just my aesthetic preferences. It's like getting up to feed a crying baby to me and keeps me on fire and dedicated to tend my garden.

Much gratitude to ya all!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Well Done! pelletory 2 Oct 22, 2007 12:50 PM
Can anyone identify a similar bird? helen181 0 Oct 22, 2007 2:36 PM
Your little bird story.... tabasco 1 Nov 16, 2007 8:53 PM
Treasure in the archives angele 5 Sep 22, 2009 2:37 AM
HOST GARDEN RegalEagle 1 Nov 12, 2010 8:24 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America