Photo by Melody

Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden): Delightful!

Communities > Forums > Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden)Replies: 6, Views: 68
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2007
5:00 AM

Post #4109415

They are so pretty and cute--wonderful pictures, too! I'm not out west anymore, but it is fun to see all the migrating birds come through here. I always thought they would enjoy mealworms, but never got around to providing them. Thanks for the reminder--it would be fun to watch them eat those!
Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA
(Zone 8a)

October 22, 2007
11:07 AM

Post #4109661

I've seen little yellow birds in the early spring around a huge maple tree next to my bird feeders. I often wonder why I never see them at any other time of the year. It never occurred to me that they could be migratory. I wonder if my yellow birds could be Wilson's Warlbers! Oh, I must be prepared to take pictures of them if they come back to my yard next spring. Thank you, Deb, for opening my eyes wider.
CapeCodGardener
Mid-Cape, MA
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2007
12:36 PM

Post #4109904

Great pictures and information, Deb! Wish I had your expertise with a camera and as a bird watcher. I've just planted a bird and butterfly garden, and have hopes for luring more of these fascinating beauties. More importantly, you have inspired me NOT to develop a "wild" area of my yard, but rather, to leave it "for the birds!" Thank you.

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 22, 2007
4:10 PM

Post #4110566

Deb, You did it again!!! Such a lovely article, great information and so poetic too.
We need more of these to inspire us.
Josephine.
broncbuster
Waxahachie, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 22, 2007
5:47 PM

Post #4110941

Fantastic article, Deb! I, too, love to watch birds and other wildlife. I agree that when they choose my place to visit, it is a great compliment. Can't wait to meet you next week!!
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

October 22, 2007
9:49 PM

Post #4111810

I am not a birdwatcher, except for the raptors...those fascinate me. So it is a clear testament to your skills with words that I thoroughly enjoyed your article. Thanks for giving me a new viewpoint and doing it in such an entertaining manner!
debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 23, 2007
2:50 AM

Post #4113142

Aww you guys are so precious!!
Thank you for all the kind words. It is the angle that keeps me a diligent gardener. More to care about than just my aesthetic preferences. It's like getting up to feed a crying baby to me and keeps me on fire and dedicated to tend my garden.

Much gratitude to ya all!

debnes

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Well Done! pelletory 2 Oct 22, 2007 12:50 PM
Can anyone identify a similar bird? helen181 0 Oct 22, 2007 2:36 PM
Your little bird story.... tabasco 1 Nov 16, 2007 8:53 PM
Treasure in the archives angele 5 Sep 22, 2009 2:37 AM
HOST GARDEN RegalEagle 1 Nov 12, 2010 8:24 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America