Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Introduction to Agaves: Thx from a Newbie - ? Agaves vs Yucca ?

Communities > Forums > Article: Introduction to Agaves
bookmark
Forum: Article: Introduction to AgavesReplies: 1, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
HoustonRick
Houston, TX

October 22, 2007
4:41 PM

Post #4110684

This was one of the first and best informational posts I've read (although I've been admiring the tropical images you have contributed). Thanks for a wonderful overview. A probably dumb question, but I'm just landscaping a bare palette &, with all plants 70% off at the end of Houston's summer, among the great values I found, I bought numerous agaves & yuccas which have some similarities in appearance. Your thoughts on their similarities & differences - also, they would seem like excellent plants to juxtapose, do their cultures mix well?

Thx,

Rick

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2007
7:32 PM

Post #4111338

very well indeed... nearly the exact same, though Yuccas, in general, seem harder to rot from overwatering that do some Agaves.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Agaves Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
And what an obsession it is! podster 11 Oct 20, 2007 1:16 AM
podster and palmbob ceeadsalaskazone3 0 Oct 19, 2007 1:23 PM
great article-thanks dreamingflowers 5 Dec 7, 2012 9:26 PM
Plant names, genus effjayy101 1 Jun 1, 2008 3:23 AM
Agave? d1no 1 Nov 4, 2008 6:14 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America