Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: The FLOWERPOT Cafe' II - Join us for a cup of Flowers!

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 239, Views: 880
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2007
11:53 PM

Post #4123729

Hello and Welcome to The FLOWERPOT Cafe' II

This is a friendly place to come and sit down,have a cuppa and relax amongst other flower lovers.
It's been great fun playing with flowers at the 'getting to know you' show. Please keep posting on that thread so our new friends can introduce themselves to us, and if ever you want to 'tell us more about yourself, please do!

We are very pleased with the patronage at The FLOWERPOT Cafe and due to so many wanting to have a refresher, we thought is was time to open up a new store. Please excuse the bare walls and tables. Feel free to contribute arrangements, artwork, magazines, drinks, and any other decorating tidbits for our new Cafe'. This is an environment to nurture ideas and share advice, where no one is an amateur, just an arranger in training!

Hope you enjoy your visit and come back any time.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 26, 2007
3:10 AM

Post #4124422

Hello everyone!
WOWEEEEEEEEE! We're in the door, I couldnt have done it without you guys,you've all worked so hard getting this place open so fast. Lets just sit down and have a cuppa, you deserve it!

Fabulous idea finding this place Traci, I knew we were planning on explanding and this is perfect.! We are so lucky to have the florists shop next door, its a fantastic edition!
Maybe you could put one of those links to..
'Belles' The FLOWER shop

Cheer's everyone!

This message was edited Nov 4, 2007 6:24 PM

Thumbnail by terriculture
Click the image for an enlarged view.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 26, 2007
6:17 AM

Post #4124712

Glad you like the space. I may not be able to arrange flowers, but I do know my construction. You should have see what those guys thought they could pull over on me. Didn't expect a little girl like me to know what I was talking about. They were so embarrassed, they threw in some freebies. Go check out the loo, there are even places to highlight decorative soaps and towelettes. I am going next door to see the new florist again. You should check it out too. Here's the directions. Nicest little southern lady owns the shop and is in a bind. Maybe some of us could help out.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/784138/
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 26, 2007
1:09 PM

Post #4125147

Hi Traci, you are doing a great job! I love the way you told the builders what's what!
It's so good to have you around. The loos are brilliant, a real bit of luxury around here.
I think the minature perfumes would look nice in here!

Thanks for adding the florist's next door, she seems like a nice lady! I wonder what day she gets her flowers delivered?

I'm still waiting for the removal van to arrive, where have they got to?
and where the heck is Karma? no phonecall or anything, have you heard from her?

They say moving is stressful, I think I will just sit by the fountain and wait! It's a lovely relaxing feature, what great design ideas you have Traci, thankyou!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 26, 2007
1:14 PM

Post #4125175

Ah, the perfumes would be great in there, which I loved by the way. The lighting is perfect in here to show off the arts and arrangements. I am so glad you like it.

Last I spoke with Belle, she was really needing some help with flowers. She seems down on her luck and I thought we could cheer her up. I've got some lovely brugs to take to here. I finally found my camera and took pics, but I can't find the cord for the computer. I will share once I find it.

I spoke with Karma on Mid-south Forum a moment ago. She is here. She was asking a lady what the vase life of brugs was. lol.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 26, 2007
1:22 PM

Post #4125199

Hey there's no secrects here! so Karma was spotted eh ?gossiping about flower's while we have so much work to do here.
OK, well I won't comment on that, she probably has some sort of explanation!!!!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 26, 2007
1:26 PM

Post #4125212

She will use the excuse that she was exploring the proper care of brugs in vases. Terri, don't let her get away with it! I am actually going to go outside and brave the cold to see if any new flowers popped up since we had rain all week. I hope to find some goodies.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 26, 2007
3:55 PM

Post #4125795

What a lovely lady next door!

Hi Traci, No word from Karma yet then?
I hope she turns up soon because I will have to leave you for a couple of days!
I just popped into Belle's and got some flower's, they are conditioning in some water and flower food.
I'll leave them here.I don't have time to take the leaves off!
I will pop back later to see if madam has turned up!

love the alcoves, brilliant planning Traci.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 26, 2007
4:54 PM

Post #4125972

Okay, I've been at the old cafe fighting tooth and nail to keep it open! The demolition crew won and dh had to bail me out of jail.

Sorry, forgot to come back here after peeking through the window last night at our new cafe. Looking nice in here. Great work ladies. Sorry I was of no help to you this morning. So glad I was missed though. Can't get away with anything around here. . .we have a mole in our midst!

Overheard Belle next door talking to a customer. . .but I had no idea what she was saying. Sounded just like you, Traci!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 26, 2007
5:34 PM

Post #4126045

Karma WELCOME! Just in time, I've made a fresh pot of Glad pips tea.
I.m sure this place will be just as much fun as the last cafe'.!

gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 26, 2007
8:23 PM

Post #4126485

You all are too funny...i am packing packages to go out tomorrow...join you later (LOL)
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 26, 2007
9:00 PM

Post #4126617

Those language barriers. If you need me to interpret, I would not mind at all. Belle has a distinct country southern accent, where mine is a old southern accent. I will help in any way I can. So what do you think of the new place? A bit bare but lots of potential. I have been taking pictures, but can't post until I get the correct cord for my camera. Please drop by soon. You know how miserablely sad it was when Terri was gone. You both brighten up the place.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 26, 2007
9:28 PM

Post #4126699

Karma, did you hear that? she's coming back later, great! It's your turn to brew (by the way)!
Traci, I love our new cafe already, you have such great taste,and I think Belle has a great accent.
Hello Gessiegail,
come in , have a rest from all your packing! what do you think of the new place then? I know it's bare at the moment, but we are working on that! Thanks for coming to take a look and let us know if you need anything!

I can't stay long myself, I just came in to sort that bucket of flowers out.
Karma, I'm leaving some vases, put them where you think best or ask Traci to do it please!

I'll be back in for the late shift tonight, but I have a couple of days holiday already booked, so I won't be here on Sun or Mon. Hope that is ok with you guys at such short notice?

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2007
12:15 AM

Post #4127243

I have decided I must have Gladiolus after all your wonderful arrangements. I was hooked on Delphenium, but those are so lush and vibrant.

Karma, just like a manager of a cafe. One day open and she is already going on Holiday. Leaving a laudry list of things to do as well. That's management for you. Ok, must find the cord as the rain brought out many wonderful wildflowers in the yard. I may attempt...A PETITE!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
12:55 AM

Post #4127348

Please get on with that Petite, I want to see it before I go on Holiday!

Ok Traci, there's no need to brag about the size of your house, we all know you live in a mansion, with all those rooms,you can't find the cord. ha ha ha! or do you mean the electrical LEAD for your camera.? nice one! I will have to remember that excuse!!!

I've just walked past a load of people looking in Belle's window, the dear has put my Autumn flower's on display.
What are we going to do? We need to attract customers of our own!
I don't know whether to put my new one in here or there now HELP!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
12:58 AM

Post #4127358

Someone left their handbag in the lounge, it looks like they've left a few coppers as a tip!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
1:27 AM

Post #4127456

I'm back with some flower Art.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
1:38 AM

Post #4127487

more flower Art.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2007
2:29 AM

Post #4127630

Well, I believe it was brought up in discussion that a thread was needed to showcase your past arrangements in order to pick out a portfolio. I believe that Belle's will be perfect for this as she has all those "floral people" dropping in. Who knows, Floral Designer Expertise' Karman may drop in. I hear the renowned Lady Jessygeel has been seen frequenting Garden Belle. A little know critic Pupelpro also shops here. No telling who many pop in to give you direction on which past arrangements you have made. And I am sure this will help Garden Belle with business. Consider it your sounding board for ideas. What do you think?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2007
2:51 AM

Post #4127687

Dropping by with a small something for the ladies room. It's in keeping with the new beautiful fall colors y'all have going in the cafe. Can't stay tonight for coffee. I promised Belle I'd bring in a couple of things for her new shop. See you later.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
3:27 AM

Post #4127810

Yes Karma! that is perfect for our Autumn look, it's so beautiful, a BIG thankyou! would mind making another 6 for the alcoves please?!

Traci, ummm but wouldn't it be a bit boring seeing all my old arrangements again? like old news? I would like all the people you mentioned to see my work though. I'm a bit tired now and can't think!
I need a coffee and a piece of that banana cake.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2007
3:58 AM

Post #4127869

6 MORE? Look who's the slave driver now! Terri, are you up early or sleeping late? LOL
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
4:01 AM

Post #4127874

That cake was lovely, really lovely.

Traci, glad I caught you, would you mind following me over to the Artisan's forum please? I have a favour to ask! I'm in the flower art thread. Thankyou!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
4:08 AM

Post #4127879

I'm doing this with matchsticks keeping my eyes open! up late you could say! Karma!
Here's another for the Autumn collection, Belle's flower's are in such lovely condition, don't you think?

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2007
5:24 AM

Post #4128017

Sorry I just got this. Will pop over now.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 27, 2007
11:00 AM

Post #4128216

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
Enjoy the Autumn platter and I'll see you in a couple of days!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2007
5:31 PM

Post #4129191

Lovely Terri. Have a good weekend.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2007
6:10 PM

Post #4129275

Hey Karma, looks like we are going to be busy taking care of the place by ourselves this weekend, and on opening weekend no less. You must check out what our Miss Terri has been doing on the artisan site. I love it!! She really needs to do something with this, wouldn't you agree. Even if it were prints, I think people would love it.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/754561/
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2007
10:48 AM

Post #4131353

Well, here I am slaving away at 545 am while the boss lady is on "holiday" and senior supervisor is nowhere to be seen. I'm taking my coffee break soon so where did you two put the floral mags?

Traci, I definitely agree. I'm already making a list of all the ones I want. . .starting with the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pics for my walls. They don't have to be prints. I wonder if she's got any of those pressed? Then you'd have an original that would last for a long time. Well, gotta get back to my coffee break. . .I mean work.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
1:28 AM

Post #4145069

Hi everyone! How are things around here?
I see you have both been rushed off your feet!
Take a break now and have a look at some of the mags!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
1:31 AM

Post #4145081

Hydranga special!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
1:35 AM

Post #4145094

Autumn designs

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
1:37 AM

Post #4145103

modern!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
1:40 AM

Post #4145121

So glad you are back! Hope the holiday went well. I love the hydrangea arrangement. Of course, it would have blue delphinium in it. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for those seeds. I guess I will have to break down and buy them.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
1:56 AM

Post #4145181

Hello Traci, nice to see you tonight, I thought you were out playing trick or treat when I got back!
How is everything? Do we have anything good to eat today? I'm starving!!

Karma was looking for the magazines!!!!! how could she have missed the new book area it's huge! good planning putting that in there Traci!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
1:59 AM

Post #4145200

This may be a nice platter for the menu?

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
2:01 AM

Post #4145206

Well, I have brought lots of candy for the table. Teensy scored tonight, but I am afraid I will be the one eating it all. People could not resist her. As soon as I get the ^@%@& cord for my camera, I will have to post pics of the Good Witch. I must say, she was precious. I could use the extra weight anyway. Slowly, lbs by lbs, I am gaining. I never thought it would be this hard. lol.

Karma has been in such a rush lately, she probably breezed by the new section. I guess it will take us a while to get use to the new layout. Have fun, relax, and try not to spend too much time reading. We need ARRANGEMENTS!!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
2:03 AM

Post #4145218

I would eat the roses and smell the grapes.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
3:35 AM

Post #4145622

I love celosa!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
3:59 AM

Post #4145692

Is that the flower that looks somewhat like a brain? Don't laugh, but I don't know!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
4:03 AM

Post #4145704

correct! brain flowers yes I like that. hahaha! oops sorry I laughed!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
4:05 AM

Post #4145711

No apologies necessary. I couldn't think of a more accurate description and believe I will convince my DH that he needs to go to the grocery, florist, and ask for "brain flowers". Could be fun! ;^>
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
4:17 AM

Post #4145735

Do you think old Belle next door sells Brain flowers?!
Good luck sending the DH for brain flowers! you never know he might come back with some!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
5:06 AM

Post #4145811

If anyone can, it will be him. I do think I will have to devise some sort of sneaky plan. Give him the first 4 letters or so and tell him they look like brains, they will know what you are talking about. I don't know if he would speak to me after that. lol.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
5:18 AM

Post #4145827

They are quite easy to grow here in the summer. I have grown the feathery type of brain flowers before but not the actual brain type!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
5:27 AM

Post #4145847

I am not sure I want Brain Flowers growing in my garden. Unless, they gave me more intelligence, then I would grow them everywhere!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
5:51 AM

Post #4145870

just thought I 'd make you a nightcap before I go to bed!

It's called... A bit of fluff
The flower arranging ladies refer to gypsophilia in this way rather unkindly for some reason.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
5:55 AM

Post #4145874

Thank you and sleep well. I will enjoy the refresher and then tickle Teensy's nose with the feathers to wake her up.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
5:06 PM

Post #4147216

Where's Karma today? I bet she's gone back to the old place again!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
6:24 PM

Post #4147487

I see our sister cafe' over on the Artisans has started a new thread already! Those Artists are so hungry!

Much quieter in here, nice to have time to relax and enjoy a read.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
6:30 PM

Post #4147502

I like this one!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
9:05 PM

Post #4147925

Just leaving some flowers for you Karma!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
9:09 PM

Post #4147938

Looks like I am going to have to get on the ball!! New arrangements by...the end of the weekend. I Promise. We need many more flowers in here.

Karma, get you rear over here or no Brugs for you!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
9:43 PM

Post #4148026

some more for you to play with!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
10:25 PM

Post #4148134

I've made a new cocktail for you to try!
It hasn't got a name yet, any ideas?

Ingredients, conifer,phlox,anemone and daliah.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2007
11:34 PM

Post #4148322

How about the Daliah Dazzler. Maybe the Phlox Fizz. Or the Caribbean Conifer. Finally the Knock you on your A@@ Anemone. I couldn't come up with a good acronym. I personally like the last one!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 1, 2007
11:39 PM

Post #4148335

It looks like a lime something or other to me!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 2, 2007
12:03 AM

Post #4148394

Pink Limeade?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 2, 2007
3:02 AM

Post #4149079

sounds good to me!

Traci, I thought you might be able to find somewhere for this display to go, It lights up!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 2, 2007
3:06 AM

Post #4149088

Preparing for the Fireworks display? I have a wonderful clear glass vase that it would be perfect in. Here you go. Just pop it in and I will put it by the hostess stand. My our cafe has become fancy!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 2, 2007
3:07 AM

Post #4149093

Gerberas and lilies.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 2, 2007
3:10 AM

Post #4149103

Thankyou for the offer of the vase sweetie, but it has it's own stand!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 2, 2007
3:31 AM

Post #4149149

A basket for ouside?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 2, 2007
6:42 PM

Post #4150843

Hi Guys, I'm just putting the new sign up outside...

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2007
7:35 PM

Post #4151002

Just stopping by to drop off this basket of autumn fruits. Will be back tomorrow, I hope.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 2, 2007
7:41 PM

Post #4151021

Thankyou Karma, that's lovely!

I wanted something healthy, we have far too many cakes!
PerennialGirl
Winnipeg, MB
(Zone 4a)

November 3, 2007
5:35 AM

Post #4152760

Terri luv the new sign!! Very chic!

Karma your basket looks delicious! Where are the figs?

:) Donna
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 3, 2007
9:42 AM

Post #4152879

I'm off today, but forgot to turn off my alarm. . .so I'm here for my morning coffee. . .couldn't go back to sleep. Sorry for going MIA. . .too many things going on this week in the home front.

Terri, thanks for finding the mags. I looked all over for them! All those arrangements were great. I never got into buying a subscription. . .they're so pricey.

"Karma, get you rear over here or no Brugs for you!!". Crap. . .am I too late?????? How can I make it up to y'all?

Donna, thanks! Love figs. . .don't know anyone around here that will give me some. I thought about stealing from my neighbor's empty lot, but he hasn't returned to cut his grass in forever. . .not sure what's lurking in there. I caught him taking my pears one time so we would be even if I could get my hands on the figs.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 3, 2007
4:12 PM

Post #4153748

Thanks Donna!, You should see it at night it's neon!
Karma, Good morning to you! We really need more arrangements for the cafe',
I have the keys to Belles next door, we can go in there and have a play around if you like?
Where's Traci?, I need some help with the new play area, any ideas?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 4, 2007
1:05 PM

Post #4156127

Morning. I have old arrangements for the cafe. . .but no new ones. Do you want those? I've seen Traci around. . .just not here. Yes, my turn to tattle!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 4, 2007
4:30 PM

Post #4156821

Morning!
What do you mean old arrangements? We hardly have any, this whole cafe needs much more in it!
We have so many little nooks and cranies in here to fill, I would love you to bring yours in.

I'll just have a coffee and see if Traci turns up. Belle loves her doesn't she?!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 4, 2007
5:20 PM

Post #4156956

Bringing in some artwork for the walls..

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 4, 2007
5:26 PM

Post #4156969

flower collage made with leftovers!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 4, 2007
5:31 PM

Post #4156979

Last one for now, I must go and cook!
A painting for the wall.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 4, 2007
7:48 PM

Post #4157219

Haha, Karma, nice try. Terri KNOWS where I have been. :^P.

Terri, I love the painting. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! I wonder if you could paint some tiny wall vases and attach, so "if someone bought it" They could alway put flowers in it. Just a thought.

I have much cleaning to do on the house. I will down this double expresso and be off. I'll drop in later.

Karma, bring your flowers!! Old, new, dead, it doesn't matter.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 4, 2007
10:13 PM

Post #4157587

Terri, neat collages. Traci, you spolied my tattle. No fair! No fun.!

Well, here's a rerun of an arrangement with gerbers.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 5, 2007
5:39 PM

Post #4160264

Hello!
Good idea with the wall vases Traci!
Karma, thanks for bringing in the Geberas, I love that one.
Next time would you bring the black coffee? please.

I'm busy making arrangements, what are you too up to?!!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 5, 2007
8:44 PM

Post #4160925

Trying to type as fast as I can so I can go pick up Peyton. Grandma has him today. . .daycare closed for a memorial service. Can't wait to see your arrangements.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2007
1:34 AM

Post #4161984

Funny you should mention Peyton, I have a teensy little set of topiary trees for the play area, with lentils for stones.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2007
1:45 AM

Post #4162020

I thought this rug might look cosy somewhere!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2007
1:51 AM

Post #4162042

and 1 more with Gladioli.
I think I'll sit down and have a nice cuppa now, is there any banana cake left? or some of those delicious fancy cakes I saw in the sister cafe yesterday? why have they got those by the way?

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2007
1:54 AM

Post #4162054

Sorry, breezing through. Have to put "kid" to bed. Here you go and hope you are having fun! Don't fret over the size of this. It is low fat!

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2007
2:54 AM

Post #4162289

That was delicious Traci, I don't worry about my waistline, have you got anything else? I'm still a bit peckish!
where's Karma? always floating in and out these days!
Do the kids play hopscotch?

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2007
6:36 AM

Post #4162784

Hi terri, I remember playing hopscotch...this one is great.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 6, 2007
10:38 AM

Post #4162902

Love the new flower art Terri. Peyton will come by this afternoon for a game of hopscotch. He's sleeping now, and I have to go to work. Trying not to be late. . .so addicted to dg. Remember that idea with putting bamboo in a grid like fashion? It would look just like what you have with the roses, except with little flower arrangements on it. Much easier to do with silks. . .it's lightweight and doesn't require water. I have to find time to make one to show you!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2007
4:10 PM

Post #4163933

WELCOME SHARRAN! Thankyou for coming to our FLOWERPOT cafe' it's lovely to see you here.We don't have a huge gallery, but there is room for more! We have a good selection of food and drinks,magazines to look at and there's always a friendly atmosphere. Of course, we try to change our flowers daily! (help needed) hint hint!!
You can use the hopscotch at 3am if you like, we do!!!

Thankyou Karma! I would really like to see that bamboo arrangement sometime!, I will need to see it, because I don't have much imagination and I can't visualize it!

Thanks for showing me how to make this design Karma, I'll see if Traci can find the time to give us more detail about the layout of this cafe' I never know where to put things do you?

Would you look at that!, it's only fallen off the shelf!, TRACI...###//#de#BuildersAgain##!!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2007
4:14 PM

Post #4163950

I think it's ok, not too much damage done!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2007
4:17 PM

Post #4163960

Well if you weren't so cheap on the budget I could have gotten better materials. I will fix it and get you a blueprint of the store so you don't get lost.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2007
4:51 PM

Post #4164092

Have we got any goodies to eat? I'm starving!

This message was edited Nov 7, 2007 12:01 AM
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2007
11:44 PM

Post #4165375

I am dead weary. I have been in the yard all day. Here ya go. Help yourself.

Does anyone know how to dry leaves? I found a ton of beautiful purple and red leaves in the back yard and would like to press (?) them to dry so teensy and I can do some fun stuff. also thought it would look good on wrapping paper.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 6, 2007
11:51 PM

Post #4165401

Thankyou Traci, that looks tastey, you know I love puddings!
I haven't tried to press leaves or flowers, but I would love to have a go. There is some beautiful virginia creeper down the road, hanging there over the wall, practically asking for a trim!
You need to relax and have a cuppa!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 6, 2007
11:52 PM

Post #4165406

Traci, press them in a large heavy book like an encyclopedia. Do people even own these anymore? Or you can make one with two pieces of wood. Align them together and drill holes at each of the four corners. Lay tissue paper between each layer of leaves. Cut two pieces of cardboard. . .to be continued. . .have to go.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2007
12:08 AM

Post #4165472

The cardboard will serve to cushion the leaves between the tissue paper. Paper helps absorb moisture from the leaves. . . thus accelerating the drying process. Here's the order. Like a sandwich. Wood, cardboard, tissue paper, leaves (laid out singly never overlapping another leaf), tissue paper, more leaves, tisue paper, more leaves (get the picture?), tissue paper, cardboard, wood. Using screws (longer screws will give you lots more space in between), screw the two pieces of wood together. I don't know what you call it. . . the thing that will hold the screw and keep the mess together. . .is it a nut or washer or something? Let me try to find a pic of the device I used to own. Very cool to have. If you make a big one, you can press all kinds of stuff! Like you said, they would look wonderful on wrapping paper. I have a box of dried leaves in christmas colors that I plan to use for xmas presents. The leaves are almost translucent.

Hi Terri! How are you? Didn't get a chance to say: I didn't believe you when you said "because I don't have much imagination and I can't visualize it!"

Edit with link: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/leafflowpres.html

I forgot to say too. . .you can preserve leaves in glycerin: I tried it once a long time ago. I wanna say it looks real and comes out 3D, not like pressed flowers. http://www.ehow.com/how_5454_preserve-leaves-with.html

This message was edited Nov 6, 2007 6:14 PM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2007
12:19 AM

Post #4165510

Hi Karma, thanks for the info on the drying leaves etc. Get you with your fancy ideas for presents, dried leaves and such like!! fabuloso!
Panic stations for the flower club tomorrow! I DON'T know what to do!
I might go into Belles later and try some ideas out.
Although most of my containers are in the greenhouse and there are spiders inside
and it's dark and a bit scary!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 7, 2007
1:09 AM

Post #4165708

Karma, I had one of those years ago when I was a kid and never used it. They are called wing nuts. I think I will try to make one tonight. I am pretty sure I have tissue paper and know I have the others. Will let you know how it turns out.

It's tomorrow, Terri. A photo finish. Take a flashlight and wear boots.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2007
1:43 AM

Post #4165819

WING NUTS!!! Yippeee that's it!!! Keep us posted on your press. Wanna see it when you're done.

Be careful in there terri. I would say good luck tomorrow, but you don't need luck. . .you've got skills!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 7, 2007
2:24 AM

Post #4166056

It's not getting done tonight. I can't keep my eyes open. I'm off to bed, after I read the other 12,335,472 threads.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2007
5:38 AM

Post #4166632

Still don't know how you do it and still exude so much personality and wit. I should be asleep, but here I am sleepsurfing again. It's 5:30 for Terri, wonder if she's up?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2007
6:01 AM

Post #4166661

I'M up!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
6:05 AM

Post #4166668

what time is it for you, terri? early or late?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2007
6:07 AM

Post #4166671

Hey terri. Do you ever sleep? How is the fireworks going?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2007
6:07 AM

Post #4166673

6am here, what time where you are? midnight? or midday?
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
6:09 AM

Post #4166676

midnight for me, a bit after actually...Karma might be the same, not sure. I am in western Kentucky.

fireworks??
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2007
6:16 AM

Post #4166680

Midnight here too. Fireworks is the theme of the month for the flower club. Link for you Sharran http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/762297/
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
6:20 AM

Post #4166684

thanks, Karma...i think i read that earlier in the week when I found all these great art works, promptly forgot it. and thanks for letting me join you, all of you, for a little while. I love any kind of art, and this is very special work, creative and makes me smile.

how cold is NO tonight?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2007
6:25 AM

Post #4166686

I haven't done anything yet!!! I wiil only have from 4pm to 7pm to get the thing made and go.
oh and cook in between!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2007
6:30 AM

Post #4166693

56 degrees tonight sharran. Are y'all freezing tonight?

Terri, it takes me an hour to get flowers. . .have you at least bought the flowers?
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
6:37 AM

Post #4166703

supposed to get down in the 20's tonight. Yikes!!!

here is something you might be able to use in your shop. it is a little flat, of course, not 3D like all of yours, but I think it would be nice if you have a bare spot on the wall somewhere.

Thumbnail by Sharran

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
6:40 AM

Post #4166704

and another...
only if you have the open space, of course...and don't mind a newcomer to your shop. You can use this one too,if you would like.
It is a little different, though, so you can say no and I won't mind.

edited to correct spelling...

This message was edited Nov 7, 2007 12:41 AM

Thumbnail by Sharran

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
6:45 AM

Post #4166708

This is my friend who plays the piano...he will play for you and your customers, no charge, but his music might bring in some new customers when they hear it...

This message was edited Nov 7, 2007 12:45 AM

This message was edited Nov 7, 2007 1:59 PM

Thumbnail by Sharran

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
6:48 AM

Post #4166712

I simply can't spell tonight.

OOPS!!! I forgot to bring in his chair...

Thumbnail by Sharran

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2007
6:48 AM

Post #4166713

Sharran the first one is gorgeous! The second had me looking twice. Wow, that is an awesome piece of artwork. The 3rd is beyond words. You are really GOOD. I bet terri's going to want you to display it in the artisian forum. Here's a link sharran: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/artisans/all/
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2007
6:49 AM

Post #4166714

Didn't see the chair there when I posted. Did you make that yourself? The details are incredible. Love the swans.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
6:50 AM

Post #4166715

OOPS again, sent the wrong one...
here it is...

It was the freshly painted chair, had to give it the finishing touches, now didn't I??

Thumbnail by Sharran

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2007
6:53 AM

Post #4166718

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow. . .for a lack of words. You are a genious, sharran.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2007
6:58 AM

Post #4166720

Terri is going to die when she sees this. I have to get to bed now. Will check in tomorrow morning before I leave for work. Good night.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
6:58 AM

Post #4166721

thank you Karma...I like to do fun things. here's another chair, a very old one...you can take your pick.

No, I didn't make the chair, but did save it from a scrap heap...on its way to oblivion, and had to rebuild a couple of slats and sand and paint and and...it took awhile, but was worth it. I think we cross posted Karma, sorry...

Thumbnail by Sharran

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2007
6:59 AM

Post #4166725

Karma, I'm hoping to get a chance to go and get some in my lunch break! I'm not very organised AGAIN!!

Sharran, or may I say SSsshhhhar? You have said many kind things about my flower stuff. Thankyou.
As I was typing this, you posted with some art, I'm going to send this one and go and have a propa look.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
7:01 AM

Post #4166726

Sleep well...thank you for all the kind words...i wish I could do with flowers what you and terri do, and what pupilpro does with words/
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
7:03 AM

Post #4166732

Hi, terri, didn't see you come in, and you can call me either Shar or Sharran...either way I will answer.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 7, 2007
7:18 AM

Post #4166745

I;m so glad you brought your work into our cafe' ! please stay here and be our Artist in residence.
I love the weirdo one! and the chairs! Is that flower Hibiscus? lovely rich colours and a superb composition!
LOVE IT ALL.
Ok I supose I won't mind if you go to the Artisans cafe as Karma suggested, but WE want you!!!!
Thanks for brightening up our Cafe, I'm sure Traci will find the best spots for them.
TRACI< make sure you put the spotlights on the weirdo one!!!

we will be bringing you thankyou treats and it's free drinks.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 7, 2007
7:54 PM

Post #4168366

Sharran, I am so glad you posted your pictures. I get to brag to everyone, SHE ALREADY SHOWED SOME TO ME IN A D'MAIL :^P. I have been so crazy trying to do 1000 things at once, I haven't been able to write back. I will D you this evening. The others I haven't seen are amazing and I have just the right places to hang them. The piano is...well, fantastic sounds to blaise'. I think I need to go to the dictionary and find some new words to express how much I like the really exceptional items. I am honored that you will let us hang them in here. Weirdo is good!! I like weirdo thingys. That is a wonderful painting.

I LOVE rescued furniture. That is my area of art. Antiques and restoration. I will have to get some of mine and show it to you.

As far as arranging goes, I am trying to learn. Learn with me. I have done two simple ones. I have got to get some supplies such as oasis foam, floral wire and, oh, flowers. I love learning, and they give good ideas on your arrangements. Have you seen the thread for simple arrangements? Karma had me move one flower and it made the world of difference. There are no bad arrangements, just works in progress.

Good luck Terri and don't forget pics. I am going to have a double expresso and jet.

Later.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2007
9:15 PM

Post #4168663

Traci, I was thinking the same thing last night when I first saw Sharran's artwork last night. I felt so honored to be the first to view it in the cafe. I AM jealous that you got a private viewing!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
10:03 PM

Post #4168848

Dear Karma, the next one will be just for you, promise.

You will be so surprised!! But thank you, you all are very gracious.
Later...
shar
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
10:15 PM

Post #4168891

OK, Karma, just for you...sitting on a bookshelf, will get it down for you.

Thumbnail by Sharran

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
10:19 PM

Post #4168907

Terri, the first flower that I sent was one of my red daylilies...my favorite. This last one is who knows...I made it up as i went. I like to do contrasts.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 8, 2007
12:27 AM

Post #4169261

Sharran, another piece which is resplendent (like that word). My favorite is the first, followed with a tie by all others. lol.

Terri, when you get back, tell us how it went.

Karma, beat ya here!!:^P
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2007
12:45 AM

Post #4169330

Great word, P...
Love it!! thank you.

In a rush, later.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2007
1:06 AM

Post #4169398

Sharran, I LOVE my painting. GORGEOUS!!! Thank you. Now, everyone look away. . .have to find a way to sneak this one out.

I've got bragging rights now...got a private viewing of one of Shar's paintings. I'm not telling what it is. . .but another GREAT piece. Thanks Sharron! My friend Milissa, is a floral designer/floral artist. She paints mostly flowers. Here is a pastel she did with my favorite colors and one of my favorite flowers. . .cymbidium orchids. I will have to introduce her to this forum. She will love it.

Sorry the pic is so bad. . .it's custom framed.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2007
1:20 AM

Post #4169431

It's beautiful...I too love the green! I am sure you can already tell that.

do encourage your friend to take a look and share her work with us. i hate to hang around on these walls all alone. those of us who love flowers MUST have an outlet that involves flowers just to get ourselves through the winter, ya think??

sorry about the caps on this keyboard...it is new and they don't cooperate. I could take time and go back and re key...but that's no fun, so it will stay as is.

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2007
1:28 AM

Post #4169454

LOL, I thought you were emphasizing MUST. I took down her email address to give her a link to the cut flower forum, but now I have to go find it. Will go right now before I forget again. See ya later.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2007
1:46 AM

Post #4169519

Yep I was...easier to use with the caps lock key in place...

"MUST have an outlet."...as in obsession.

Later, too...
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 8, 2007
3:31 AM

Post #4169999

Hi! Great things are happening in here!
I'm going to sleep all day tomorrow, then come back and see!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 8, 2007
4:48 AM

Post #4170206

Maybe a subconscious slip of the fingers!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 8, 2007
8:52 PM

Post #4172470

Morning! What a lovely day! How are you all?

Gosh, the artwork in here is very chic, high class stuff! Thankyou Sharren and Mellisa (I like the sound of her) imagine having a REAL floral designer in here!!! That would be fantastic.

Traci, #/.'2'#2"%*# resplen,.;]//267683'/# dent what? arty lingo booooooooo!!!!!
Didn't you like your cake for supper last night then?

Karma, thanks for showing the pastel form mellisa, it's lovely, hope you can get her to join us!
I'll be bringing a new magazine in for you later, join me for a cuppa!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2007
12:09 AM

Post #4173233

Karma, that painting is wonderful. Very nice friend you have there. Wish some of my friends were artists and gave me paintings.

Terri, it is not art lingo. Here is the formal definition.

adj. Splendid or dazzling in appearance; brilliant

Better?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
12:20 AM

Post #4173274

Thanks Traci, Sorry,I don't understand big words sometimes, thanks for the explanation.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2007
2:56 AM

Post #4173844

Went to walmart this evening and strolled by the flowers. Picked up, put back, picked up, and finally put back. Why do the have to be sooo expensive????
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
3:03 AM

Post #4173864

If you lived next door, I'd give you flowers everyday Sweetie!

SO now you decide to come out to play! when I should be in bed. It's 3AM here. this always happens! wish we were
nearer in time zones!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
3:28 AM

Post #4173926

I'm bringing in the new Flower Arranger magazine, there are some nice one's in this issue,and some good articals.
These shoes are absolutely resplendent, don't you think?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
3:59 AM

Post #4174001

The winter edition

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
4:01 AM

Post #4174005

contents!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
4:04 AM

Post #4174011

I love shoes!

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2007
4:07 AM

Post #4174017

Love the shoes, terri...are you planning to sleep tonight??

On my way to Nashville early in the morning...will see you folks tomorrow night when I return. You all have a good evening and a good Friday...don't get into trouble while I am gone!!!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2007
4:08 AM

Post #4174019

I would say the are more multifarious and innovatory. But that is just my opinion.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2007
4:09 AM

Post #4174021

Good night Sharran!!! Terri, go to bed.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2007
4:10 AM

Post #4174031

PP, you are getting tooooooo far out there. You trying to impress or something?? Don't even have a dictionary handy.

OK, so I am impressed!!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2007
4:11 AM

Post #4174037

Nite to both of you...sweet dreams.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2007
4:12 AM

Post #4174039

Thank goodness I have a Thesaurus online. HAHAHA!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
4:20 AM

Post #4174066

Share the knowledge Babe!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
4:21 AM

Post #4174071

Traci, you are on a roll with all your big words. I swear I was not here before I dmailed you last.

I emailed Milissa, but she hasn't responded. She's not into all these new electronic stuff, so I may have to pick up the phone and give her an old fashion call.

Thanks terri, for the new editions. I won't have time to look at them in depth. Trying to finish all the new replies tonight and go to bed. Peyton is sick and the Doc put him on antibiotics for his ear infection and breathing treatments. She scared me a bit when she ordered for an RSV screening and chest x-ray. Thank God the tests were negative. I got dh home to help. . .but here I am. Shame on me.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
4:22 AM

Post #4174073

Hi terri, we posted at the same time. Got the red letters!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
4:23 AM

Post #4174074

Oh Sharr have a lovely day! maybe I will maybe I won't...sleep that is!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
4:27 AM

Post #4174086

Karma, sorry to hear Peyton is unwell, hope he gets well soon and you can rest.
They pick up all kinds of bugs when they go to nursery!! What out for nits,...yuck!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
4:31 AM

Post #4174095

Thanks Terri, he's still eating and sleeping pretty well. I think his pedi was being cautious or maybe she joined a new group of drs she had to make them some money?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2007
4:32 AM

Post #4174101

Quoting:What out for nits,...yuck!
...WHAT????
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
4:32 AM

Post #4174104

Hahaha, I don't even ask anymore.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2007
4:34 AM

Post #4174112

Just mention the word garden and will get Terri rolling!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
4:35 AM

Post #4174113

garden
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
4:35 AM

Post #4174114

Head lice dear, haven't you heard of them?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2007
4:36 AM

Post #4174116

I've heard of head lice and nitwits. But those are two different things.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
4:37 AM

Post #4174117

Most nitwits have head lice.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2007
4:37 AM

Post #4174120

Hahahaha!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
4:41 AM

Post #4174127

and make sure you wash the pillows!!!!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2007
4:42 AM

Post #4174132

OK, I am going to vote on photos in the contest. I will check back later to see if you are all still nuts...I mean around.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
4:48 AM

Post #4174148

My mom sprayed my sister's hair with roach spray for head lice. We were in the US for maybe 5 years. RAID was good for everything. . .but what does this have to do with cut flowers? Who knows.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2007
4:50 AM

Post #4174155

Cut flowers...sprayed hair...hair cut...There is always a link...CUT!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
4:53 AM

Post #4174162

So sad. . .I guess you can call that a link.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
5:09 AM

Post #4174214

Cut flowers!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
5:28 AM

Post #4174265

2 sleep or not to sleeeeep ? that is the question.
I have to wake Katie up for school in an hour, not much point going to sleep now!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
5:30 AM

Post #4174269

No flowers!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
5:37 AM

Post #4174279

Terri, have to go to bed. Been fun staying up a little tonight. Thanks.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
5:42 AM

Post #4174291

Ok I'm going too. nighty night.sleep tight watch the bugs don't bite!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
5:45 AM

Post #4174294

But the head lice will.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
6:07 PM

Post #4175835

Happy hairy sunflowers! HELLo is anybody here?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
9:43 PM

Post #4176452

New Flower Arranger designs for winter!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
9:45 PM

Post #4176456

designs from Canada

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
9:47 PM

Post #4176462

Inspiration from Canada

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
9:50 PM

Post #4176466

Not just Mosses

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
9:52 PM

Post #4176477

Great British designers!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
9:54 PM

Post #4176485

hahahahaha!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
9:56 PM

Post #4176490

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
9:58 PM

Post #4176498

Pure white

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
10:00 PM

Post #4176500

Last one for now...

I'm going to find food!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
10:05 PM

Post #4176517

Terri, that last one is excellent. Great for the Lake category! Thanks for all the new articles. Can't read it but lovely arrangements.

Did you find food yet? How about some cake with fresh fruit?

Thumbnail by karmaplace

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2007
10:05 PM

Post #4176521

Wonderful terri...great photos, lots of inspiration.

And what's on the menu today??
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2007
10:08 PM

Post #4176530

Ahhhhh, Karma...drizzle a little chocolate over those strawberries...yummy!!!!!! Can I paint that one too? But I need it in real life to get really inspired...think you can ship it out??
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
10:14 PM

Post #4176548

Sorry Sharren but I asked first, so it's mine!!
Hello guys!
Karma that looks absolutely delicious, did you make it youself? and if so 10/10 for presentation. I'll have some cream with it please! and chocolate sauce and do you know what would be nice,some thinly sliced banana with it.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
10:20 PM

Post #4176564

Good idea sharran. . .yummmm, how about chocolate covered strawberries? I can't ship it. The UPS guys will eat it first!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2007
10:22 PM

Post #4176571

Rats!!!

I am drooling...
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
10:22 PM

Post #4176572

Yummmm. . .banana cream cake. Yes I made it and thank you. I've perfected the whipped icing since that one.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
10:33 PM

Post #4176600

I'm just bringing in my old dahlia cake!

karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2007
10:37 PM

Post #4176607

Are dahlias edible. . .so pretty I just want to eat it up.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 9, 2007
11:46 PM

Post #4176819

Of course not! never eat them!!!!
I only make flower food... sorry!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2007
1:25 AM

Post #4177126

I bought flowers today!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 10, 2007
1:32 AM

Post #4177163

NO WAY! you're kidding me!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2007
1:35 AM

Post #4177177

Nope, now to spend 8 hours trying to put one flower in.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 10, 2007
1:46 AM

Post #4177208

Just gather a load of vases and containers, play about, take pictures as you go!
Don't get bothered about making something perfect, I don't!
Are you going to show me what you bought, before you make something?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2007
1:49 AM

Post #4177216

WTG Traci! I'm turning in really early tonite due to my lack of sleep last nite. You girls have fun. . .will catch up tomorrow.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2007
1:49 AM

Post #4177217

Sure, let me catch up on some posts first.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2007
1:50 AM

Post #4177223

Better bring an arrangement tomorrow. AND, I WON LAST NIGHT! HAHAHAHAHA

Your pkg went out today too!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2007
1:53 AM

Post #4177236

Wooooohooooo. . .do I get to listen to Pink Floyd when it gets here. . .or did you decided not to waste him on me? Rub it in Master Neversleep. You win tonight too.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 10, 2007
1:55 AM

Post #4177247

Traci, what did you win? CONGRADULATIONS!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2007

Post #4177249

Crap, forgot Pink. It took me ALL DAY to get four pkgs out. I will never do that to myself again. He will have to come next time.

Terri, Karma doesn't know who Pink Floyd is!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2007

Post #4177250

She was trying to get the last word in on a D-mail. I stay up all night and she could hang!!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2007
1:42 PM

Post #4178345

Traci meant I couldn't hang. Nope, I sure can't. I love sleep. Anyway, I thought I would have so much to catch up on this morning. . .where's everybody?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2007
2:35 PM

Post #4178509

I stayed up looking for seeds all night. DH found them right when he got up. Now I am going to take a two hour nap!!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2007
4:49 PM

Post #4178970

Traci, just 2 hours? You are the energizer bunny, aren't you?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2007
5:24 PM

Post #4179077

Never did. Sorting seeds and planting plants, cleaning house and playing with Teens. I will go to an early grave!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 10, 2007
5:28 PM

Post #4179085

me too!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 10, 2007
5:35 PM

Post #4179111

Hey Karma, would you be able to help me make some naughty chairs please?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2007
7:36 PM

Post #4179407

How do I make chairs naughty? Spank it?
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2007
8:15 PM

Post #4179467

I just scrolled down and literally spit my drink out!! Good one Karma. Where's your arrangement? Hmmmm, Hmmmm
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 11, 2007
1:20 AM

Post #4180373

I know there isn't a deadline. As soon as you bring in your parallel, I will bring in my fireworks.

I'm so excited. . .I might get to play with flowers and get paid for it for a wedding in December. She's going with a fall theme. . .my FAVORITE!!! I can't wait to meet the bride. I hope she doesn't turn out to be bridezilla. . .or else I am NOT doing it. No wonder I don't have any wedding jobs.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
1:22 AM

Post #4180378

I am showing parallels right now. Would you like a picture of it?
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 11, 2007
1:45 AM

Post #4180460

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
2:27 AM

Post #4180600

Are you sure. The are flying parallels.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 11, 2007
2:29 AM

Post #4180606

Some parallels are for you.

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 11, 2007
2:38 AM

Post #4180665

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 11, 2007
2:44 AM

Post #4180698

Golly Terri, must you always outdo me? LOL LOL LOL Yours look way more interesting than mine!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 11, 2007
3:05 AM

Post #4180770

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
4:10 AM

Post #4180984

Going different ways but parallel to each other.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
4:11 AM

Post #4180985

Parallel cultures.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
4:12 AM

Post #4180988

Parallel brugies!!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
4:13 AM

Post #4180994

Parallel lamps from perpendicular cultures.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
4:14 AM

Post #4180995

Parallels and Perpendiculars

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
4:16 AM

Post #4181001

Different races, but parallel lives.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2007

Post #4181002

PP, you are too clever for words.
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007

Post #4181003

Parallels come to light!

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
4:17 AM

Post #4181005

To many perpendiculars and parallels to fathom.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
4:19 AM

Post #4181006

Thanks Sharran. They have been on me to do a parallel arrangement, so I have to go a bit overboard.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2007
4:39 AM

Post #4181085

Do parallel clouds count??
A sunrise from my trip to Nashville on Friday.

Thumbnail by Sharran

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
4:42 AM

Post #4181094

Ohhh, natural paralells. How beautiful. Almost ying and yang.
I vote they count and I am the only one here.
I am going down stairs to try to do an arrangement.
Wish me luck!
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

November 11, 2007
12:23 PM

Post #4181416

Traci, what's the one with parallel races, but parallel lives about? I'm racking my brain for an interpretation, but it is too early in the morning. Did you actually go to sleep? And. . . .won't you quit teasing us with all your parallels. BTW, I would love to see your house. It is filled with really great art.

Sharran, lovely sunrise. Did you start out early, or drove through the night? Either way, nice to catch the sunrise on your roadtrip.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2007
3:42 PM

Post #4181838

Early departure. Nashville is only about an hour and a half from me, but I had an early appointment. And you are up
wayyyyyy too early!!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 11, 2007
6:19 PM

Post #4182298

Wow Traci, Great ideas for parallels there! That's what we like around here thinking outside the 'box' and all that!
Something has happened, when I come to this cafe' thread the 'skip to new' it has gone away from my screen.
Looking at what flowers have gone into this FLOWERPOT cafe it's quite sad! WE NEED FLOWERS HERE!!!

I neeed some help to make some flower chairs for some naughty people that I will be inviting to our cafe'.
I will be expected to provide at least 10 chairs! Any help would be much appreciated!
Shar, would it be ok if we use your chairs and do you have any more?
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2007
6:58 PM

Post #4182444

OK, terri...but we need a new thread...this one is outta whack!!!! A new one might change it back to normal.

I will look around for more chairs...

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
7:03 PM

Post #4182460

Little time. Starting new thread. Will be back later in the day.

Here is the new thread. I'll explain what happened later, by Karma & Terri's fault!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/789341/
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 11, 2007
7:12 PM

Post #4182479

Hi Sharr, I can't even see how many posts or views we have!!!
Thanks for helping me with the chairs! I plan to have an exhibition of naughty chairs in the FLOWERPOT cafe'.
A couple (at least for Traci) but I don't think Karma is one of the naughty ones!
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2007
7:14 PM

Post #4182484

Crap, I am sooo late. Scroll to the right. 831 views. GO TO THE NEW THREAD!!!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America