Photo by Melody

Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict: Jeremy, what a saga!

Communities > Forums > Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict
bookmark
Forum: Article: True Confessions of a Gardening AddictReplies: 11, Views: 136
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Happy_1

Happy_1
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

October 26, 2007
1:28 PM

Post #4125220

As usual, I had to read every word and giggle all the way through. You are a master of plants and words and thank you for sharing both.

God Bless.

Hap
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 26, 2007
2:38 PM

Post #4125527

Man, just when you think you are so far gone as to be beyond any reasonable hope for help ... someone else shows you that you can, in fact, seep to much deeper depths than you thought were ever possible and here I thought the ladies who are over in seed snatching were slightly deranged, while at the same time being at least slightly amusing.

They do shoot canoes, don't they?
Garden4ever
Plymouth, WI
(Zone 8b)

October 26, 2007
7:26 PM

Post #4126325

OMG, this was the absolute BEST plant story I have ever read and I see so much of myself in there! Especially about the spending on the plants... credit, hiding pots, lol. I would have died and gone to heaven to get the cull packs you are talking of. All I can think of is, what store around here would DO that and where can I get my hands on them? Lol you are a master garden story writer and I enjoyed this so much. Thank you!
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

October 26, 2007
9:05 PM

Post #4126637

Loved it!

Hope to hear more about your derangement! Ya done good, Jeremy!

Shoe
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 26, 2007
11:01 PM

Post #4127014

Thanks all for your kind critiques and empathy with my gardening addiction! It is nice to know I am not alone in my obsession with plants.

Shoe -- if you want to know how VERY deranged I am, you can find my "Dead Piano" story in this thread, along with some other folks' hilarious home and garden misadventures.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/533770/

Jeremy
Raggedyann
Lawrenceville, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 26, 2007
11:08 PM

Post #4127040

Jeremy, you rule! There should be more people like you, (well there are and they are all here at DG) The world would be a much better place! Hope to meet you next time I come to Jax.

Susan
roybird
Santa Fe, NM

October 27, 2007
12:17 AM

Post #4127249

Nice article. thanks.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

October 27, 2007
12:46 AM

Post #4127326

After reading what must be the funniest thread I have ever read in the forums ( Dead Piano)...I have to thank you for a sore tummy (all the belly laughs!)

" I could see myself in him in a few more decades, the wild times long behind me"...
that had me falling out of my chair! Oh what a character you must be! What a great sense of humour so many of you have...remind me to tell you about the "Great Elephant Poo Heist" in the next couple of days ...my tummy can't take any more right now!
chrissy :)
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 27, 2007
3:12 AM

Post #4127776

That dead piano story was yours? ROFL, I read that a long time ago and 'bout died! Yep, I recognize the same writing style (insanity) in this one... LOVE it!
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 27, 2007
3:24 AM

Post #4127802

Yep, as a close observer of all of this I can say you covered it very well.
Sidney
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2007
1:23 AM

Post #4130590

Ya gotta read this one - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4130564
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2007
3:09 PM

Post #4131923

Very funny, Dyson!! Thanks for the link. Probably the response most of us would have in that situation.

I can see the story continuing --- the wife comes home and finds me crying. "What's wrong?," she asks sympathetically. I begin to choke out the words through my heavy sobs..."I was hiding in the garage, I saw..." Whereupon, before I can finish the sentence, she comes clean and admits all her indiscretions only to have me say, "That's not what I'm crying about! It's my mealy-infested Ficus! (but I do want a divorce)."

Jeremy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Plant Addicts Unite! chrissy100 35 Oct 29, 2007 1:19 AM
By request: Enlargeable photos - 1 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 4:54 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 2 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 6:43 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 3 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 5:23 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 4 JaxFlaGardener 2 Oct 27, 2007 5:04 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America