Photo by Melody

Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict: By request: Enlargeable photos - 1

Communities > Forums > Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict
bookmark
Forum: Article: True Confessions of a Gardening AddictReplies: 3, Views: 278
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 26, 2007
11:33 PM

Post #4127117

This if the view of the first 8 racks of bargain plants. The photo is an overview of my driveway, taken from atop my garage.

Jeremy

Thumbnail by JaxFlaGardener
Click the image for an enlarged view.

pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2007
12:41 AM

Post #4127313

Can I live in your driveway?
Darlacooper
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2009
11:51 PM

Post #7238679

You can't see over those hedges now! lol
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 4, 2009
4:54 PM

Post #7240766

Hi, pupil! Since the driveway photo was taken, the collection of distressed and recuperating cull pack plants was replaced by a free load of about 30 cu yds of horse manure that my neighbors were willing to tolerate for about a year prior to the point when I finally found the time to spread the well-composted horse manure around my yard. There would probably be room in the driveway for you now, if you could find space amongst the shrubs and plants I've purchased over the past few months (including two loads from a nursery going out of business sale in the past few days). With winter freezes soon approaching, it seems out of whack to be putting these plants in the ground now, but there will not be room in the greenhouse because I've collected more and more bargain orchids.

The fun (and work!) never ends when you can't resist buying a bargain plant! LOL

Here's a photo I just took this morning of my backyard. For those desiring a garden tour, please bring your own machete. LOL

Edited to add: Darla is speaking from her experiences of visiting my yard and she is correct -- it is amazing to see the azalea hedges so low and neat! They are now about twice that size (frequent and liberal applications of Starbucks used coffee grounds have kept them hyped up -- see my article on coffee grounds http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1501/ ) and they have become engulfed in vines of Confederate Jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) and Star Jasmine (Jasminum nitidum), a very invasive morning glory (Ipomoea cairica) that I made the mistake of bringing home a seed to plant, along with some Air Potato vines (Dioscorea bulbifer) that I haven't had time to eradicate, and a touch of wild cucumber that I haven't positively identified yet.

My garden motto: No square inch shall go unplanted! LOL

Jeremy

This message was edited Nov 4, 2009 12:07 PM

Thumbnail by JaxFlaGardener
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Plant Addicts Unite! chrissy100 35 Oct 29, 2007 1:19 AM
Jeremy, what a saga! Happy_1 11 Oct 28, 2007 3:09 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 2 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 6:43 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 3 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 5:23 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 4 JaxFlaGardener 2 Oct 27, 2007 5:04 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America