Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Gloriosa lily

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Sorry, I don't know the real name, and a little too rushed before work to look it up.
She is starting to set seed as you can see. Anyone want a few seeds when they are ready?

Thumbnail by Braveheartsmom
Naples, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh mine is blooming too, must go check for seeds!!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Jenny...I would LOVE some seeds!!!!! OH YES!!! Mahalo!

Carol

They're yours Carol! Saving some for you too Christi!

Sydney, Australia

Aren't they Gloriosa lily? ...beautiful, some critter or other ate mine!

Sydney, Australia

Oh golly of course you know that ...we don't have names ... just called gloriosa ...please excuse my nanna moment ...I have been out spreading sugar cane mulch around the place and I am itchy as heck ...got it in my hair ...up my noise ...in the underwear it's really
a horrible feeling (a great mulch though) ...well off to the shower ...I am such a dill!

Cool using cane as a mulch - all our left over burgass (sp?) is burnt for electricity.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

That is an amazing flower! If you happen to have any extra seed I would love to have some! Thanks, Misty

Misty, welcome! The seed is yours, they are not quite ripe yet but send me your addy....
Jenny

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh that is awesome! I will have to look up more info on these then! Sending D-mail. Thanks again! Misty

Camden, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Jenny,

Beautiful flower! I'd love to have a few seeds if you have any extra.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

would love some if you have any left plmk and thxs

Happy to share! They make a big tuber with age and so come back in all but the harshest climates, I think. If not, I know that they can be dug and stored like any tuber...
Need your addys!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

One of everything, please! LOL You have my addy already. :)

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

HI Jenny...I am BAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaack and up to my ears in plant work!!! Any time convenient for you to send the seeds...go ahead... and thanks so very very much!!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

That is gorgeous! If you have any seeds left I'd love to have some!

My cutting from the brug is just going to town! Huge leaves, got root bound in it's little pot so had to repot it! I'll have to take a picture! It's really growing!

Jeanne

Jeanne, so glad your brug is doing well, which one made it? I just got some cuttings from a dear lady, Dott, who kindly shared some rather special ones with me, will share the wealth once they are big enough. They are just leafing out now, so maybe the spring? Will post when they are ready to take cuttings...
Got everyones addies re the glory lilies. They will be on their way as soon as they are ripe. Opened one yesterday and they are still green, so it's a waiting game! I have never seen another plant that clings on to things with the end of the leaf curling like a tendrill before - amazing!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I will wait patiently as I know that it will be beautiful coming from your beautiful land! Misty

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Mitch brought one of his brugs over about 3 weeks ago. Right in front of me he cut it into 12 pieces. I almost died. We filled a very large bowl planter with MG soil and stuck them in. Wooooweee. Today one has a small leaf. I may have brugs next year after all. Planted seed from OnaLee's Seeds in Florida this past Spring and now have 4 plants. Still small but from a seed...about 3' tall.
I have no idea what color any of them are.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

BHM, the Strawberries and Cream is the one doing very well!

Christi, are y'all leaving tonight or in the morning? Be carefull driving! Our prayers are with you!!!!

I am going to my daughter's for awhile, will be back later this evening.

I'm looking forward to seeing y'all tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!!!!!

Jenni, wish you could be here too....you too Carol!

Jeanne

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Leaving about 4:30 AM. We don't drive very well in dark anymore. Will need your prayers. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

LouC

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.