Photo by Melody

Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict: My own addiction...

Communities > Forums > Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict
bookmark
Forum: Article: True Confessions of a Gardening AddictReplies: 2, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Pyewacketcat54
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 29, 2007
11:29 AM

Post #4134749

I too have the plant addiction,and a old house one to boot. I bought an old house(1925)and since, I have put just about every penny and spare moment into either bringing the yard back to it's former beauty,or adminstering some much needed tlc to the house.Between the two,my friends and family now just shake their head,and wonder what it is that drives me to work late into the night,putting in a pond,or ripping out the old wallpaper on the ceilings,and replacing it with tile.I sometimes wonder myself,but as I try to get the dirt out of my nails,or the paint out of my hair, I know I have found my Nirvana... we should all be so blessed.
I too am only limited by my bank account,and feel the same sadness when I have to leave my world for the workplace,thankfully I do have a job I love,working with animals. Hats off to all who share the addiction,garden hat of course!

Thumbnail by Pyewacketcat54
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2007
5:54 PM

Post #4150717

Thanks, pyewack, for sharing your own saga. It sounds like we are kindred spirits. I'm finding, though, it gets more and more difficult to sustain the drive to renew, restore, and remodel. I'm at the point of just wishing I could walk away for a few months and come back to find it all magically perfect, just as I imagine it, but then I think most of the fun is in the effort. But I'm willing to try the other method if I could be so lucky as to ever win one of those "extreme makeovers."

Jeremy
Pyewacketcat54
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 12, 2007
11:43 AM

Post #4184668

I totally agree with you about the fun part, And the walking away for a few months too...it does sink into every fiber of your being doesn't it?Everything you look at, shopping,sleep,LOL.I have taken a hobby up,mosaics,to try to get some relaxation,but now I'm looking to see what I can do to the house with it!
I have an old space heater that is one I've never seen,and it's in an old mantel,I'm redoing that,playing with the idea of using some tile there,took the old wood molding off ,and covered the rest with a new surface of plywood.BTW,I have a new toy,air compressor and nailers...scary stuff to me,but I am learning!:) I have had heat/ac installed,so it's more for looks,but I like it.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Plant Addicts Unite! chrissy100 35 Oct 29, 2007 1:19 AM
Jeremy, what a saga! Happy_1 11 Oct 28, 2007 3:09 PM
By request: Enlargeable photos - 1 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 4:54 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 2 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 6:43 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 3 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 5:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America