Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict: Ahhh

Communities > Forums > Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict
bookmark
Forum: Article: True Confessions of a Gardening AddictReplies: 1, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
patholden
Chesapeake, VA

October 29, 2007
4:14 PM

Post #4135654

I didn't know there were other people like me, except for the ones I meet at the close-out shelves, but we don't share the full extent of our addiction as Jeremy did. The worst part is when the emptied plastic pots are discovered, though hidden, and the new "finds' are found, sort of tucked in with the ones that are STILL not planted, but loved. Have crept out more and more into "my husband's" lawn. It is a power struggle! Thanks, Jeremy, for detailing all the "symptoms," of which I have every one...and maybe even more! I think I'll give my husband this article. At least we haven't got the manure pile ripening, though we did once have l8 truckloads of mulch from tree trimmers dumped!
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 29, 2007
6:27 PM

Post #4136098

Been there, done that, too, with the mulch loads, Path. I only took one truckload though. The tree company was surprised I wanted it because it was mostly ground up palm fronds from the trees in front of the symphony hall where I was working in subscription sales. It turned out to be some of the best mulch ever! Slow to decay and no seeds to sprout!

Thanks for your empathy with my addiction!

Jeremy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Plant Addicts Unite! chrissy100 35 Oct 29, 2007 1:19 AM
Jeremy, what a saga! Happy_1 11 Oct 28, 2007 3:09 PM
By request: Enlargeable photos - 1 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 4:54 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 2 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 6:43 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 3 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 5:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America