New home in KY, News ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I was thinking a new thread would be in order.
Can't imagine what more could happen there.
Bernie

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I am so curious about this big news! :)

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Maybe she is getting a new pet or adopting a child or moving back to Louisiana (nah!), or has struck oil on her property or.............................

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

I'm getting a lot of chuckles out of the response to my 4 little words.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hi folks,
ya'll are too funny.

It is humbling at what happened to us last week, I don't even know where or how to start.

Readers Digest version:

We were scrambling to get heat (propane) for our new home, but the cost wasn't what we needed at this point in our life.We had been trying to save the money, but life kept happening. Hubby was putting in lots of hours overtime, but it just wasn't enough. Faced with having to move back into the camper for heating reasons, someone heard about our situation in a weird way. They went to the propane company and paid for everything. I received a phone call from the propane company wanting to know where I lived because they had a work order that had been paid out. I cried the whole time giving him directions to our place. Now, we really will be warm this winter.

God has been so faithful to us in so many ways, it makes my head spin.

It is so hard to be in the position we are in...having to accept help from strangers. We've always, in our marriage prior to Katrina & Rita, been able to take care of ourselves. My husband and I are hard workers and have never asked for anything, but yet our needs keep getting met in weird ways. It just blows me away. It is still hard for me to talk about.

Crossville, TN

Lisa....someone is "paying it forward"...isn't that lovely. Jo

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

I never thought I'd be so happy to hear that Lisa has gas!

(Well...ya'll know what I mean...).

Congrats, Lisa and Family. Ya'll will be warm as toast with room to move this coming Winter!

Shoe

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

LOL, Shoe, what a 'stinker' you are! Lisa, that's great news! With all the horrible things going on in the world, it sure is wonderful to hear that there are still good people doing good things.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

How wonderful for you! Praise the Lord! The Lord provides for our needs when we put our faith and trust in Him.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Lisa, could you maybe sell some of those delicious-sounding pralines I kept hearing about before the roundup (that I didn't make it to)? I would certainly buy some as Christmas gifts, as my native New Orleanian family can't get them here!

none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

hooray Lisa
I usually lurk in this thread time to time and am glad i did this time.
I remember being at times iwth finacial strain, i had to make decisions ,heat ,food, or pay a bill. Being a single mom.
I have been blessed with some good fortune and though at times it makes me uncomftable. I find blessings in it to help others as i was once helped.
God leads us to those who need us most and vice a versa :)
i m so glad to hear someone found you. Warm hearts all around you this winter Lisa
best wishes
sue

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

That's wonderful, you guys! Shoe, you're too much!! LOL

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

LOL@Shoe.....! I'm happy I will be having gas too!!

taynors, thanks for sharing your story.

KyWoods, I used to sell my pralines at the Farmers Market in Thibodaux before we moved up here. I hope next year to be involved in the Farmers Market here. I didn't know your family was from N.O. how'd I miss that? How long have they been gone from there?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Lisa, I remember a time when you still lived in La and you were amazed that funny lookin' trucks delivered gas to people's homes, "complete with a hose that plugs into their house" (or something to that affect)!

Now, look at ya! ♫Movin' on up....♫. You have your very own tank and each month a funny lookin' truck will swing by to fill it up for ya!

This Winter is gonna be SO much different for ya'll than last year was! (I hope it snows a lot; nothing better'n playing in the snow then coming inside to a warm kitchen and having hot chocolate and bake brownies!)

Hugs to all.
Shoe

Crossville, TN

Oh Shoe! How poetic!! (and true). Let's all go to Lisa's for a Snow Party!! Jo

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I am all for that. What day?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Jo, you're only looking for the brownies.
Bernie, sitting here licking my lips at the remains of chocolate chip bars!

Our building is taking shape, this was Sunday night.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Did someone say, "chocolate"?

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Lisa, my parents, sister and I left N.O. in about 1960, and moved to Kansas City, Kansas (from hurricane zone to tornado zone!), then moved here to northern KY in 1964. We visited several times, but I haven't been there since my grandmother died in 1983. What I miss most besides family, are the crawfish and crab boils and the Elmer's Gold Brick easter eggs!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

ah Elmers..how 'bout Hubigs Pies? gotta miss those. oh, and snow balls..yum.

So, if ya'll moved in '60 you missed Hurricane Betsy then. I remember Betsy.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

forgot to add: Bernie, what 'cha using the building for? It looks great ..

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Yep, we missed Hurricane Betsy. Don't remember Hubigs Pies, but I asked my Mom, and she does. They have "sno-cones" here at only a couple little shacks, and they're pretty good, but the closest I've found were the "shave-ice" in Hawaii--nice, finely shaved ice.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Lisa, maybe it's the fact that you and your DH don't ask for help that you get the help.

Shoe - you got me laughing so hard and I so need it.

I heard chocolate too!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hi, Lisa,
The existing building is our cabinet shop. The addition on the end is a place to store done things. The space along the back will be a staining & varnish room.
We have lots of work lined up.

Nice when people help out without asking. Only help I can find thinks they need to be paid!

Have a nice evening,
Bernie

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Lisa THAT'S Wonderful!

Ric

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Bring on ol' man winter, I have gas!!!!!!

Thumbnail by justmeLisa
Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Ta-Da !!!

WooooooHoooooo :)

Dea

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Yay! And back to bare feet, too! Yay! (Again!)

Congrats!

Shoe

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Hooray!

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Gotta love that picture!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

gotta love having gas. :0)

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

How nice to see you sitting on top of the propane tank with that big smile! Praise the Lord!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

First thing she does to celebrate is get tanked...

Hitch your wagon to the stars, girlfriend! :D

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

LOL @ gardenwife! Good one!
Yes, Lisa, good to see your smiling face.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Yay, Lisa has gas for the winter! You'll be surprised how much more fun the winter can be when you have a roomy toasty place to go and thaw ;~) I'm so happy for you and the family.

Lana

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

YIPPEE, LISA!!!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Ra!

none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

great pic Lisa
I saw a shirt at Wally something about gas . If i see i will send it to you Lisa lolol and it had a can of beans on it too.
Oh it said " i have gas , don't make me use it " hehhhehehe
i will keep my eyes open for it. for you's
shoe crack me up
best to you Lisa
I saw in country woman mag that a lady painted her propane tank a pink pig
best to you
sue

Crossville, TN

Lisa, you look like a "genie" sitting there...Love & Hugs

Jo

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I remember Betsy well. I remember going into the yard during the eye and then having to go back inside for the second round. She really packed a wallop.

I grew up with propane tanks. Actually used to be butane. I always put my saddle on them and rode that "pony" from sea to shining sea.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images