Photo by Melody

Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict: Absolutely Wonderful!

Communities > Forums > Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict
bookmark
Forum: Article: True Confessions of a Gardening AddictReplies: 4, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

November 1, 2007
12:46 AM

Post #4144878

Jeremy: I just came across the "Articles" area for the first time last week. At that time I didn't have the time to sit and read any of the articles. Well, tonight I decided to peruse a few of them. I just have to say ... You are not only a gardener my friend, but a talented writer too! Very, very enjoyable! You have a way with words. Loved every paragraph and Thank You for the enlargeable photo's too!

Well done!

Oh, and a"Quack" "Quack" to Mr. Gilbert too ... he's a cutie! Many years ago there was a lady here in town who had a tropical fish business kinda out in the country and they had a pet goose named "Goosifer" who was friendly to some and chased other's and would bite!! I've heard of watch dogs, but c'mon a watch goose??!! It got to the point where I was afraid to go on their property because I was afraid of being bitten!
planthappiness
Oklahoma City, OK

November 1, 2007
2:18 PM

Post #4146640

Wow, what a great article! It really made me happy to read and learn that I'm not the only person totally over the edge & loving it. I'm getting more so every day & I can see myself in your writing, but I continue on in my plant euphoric state. What a high!!!- may it never stop. Thanks so much for sharing.
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2007
1:32 PM

Post #4149915

Thanks, all, for your kind comments. I'm glad you were able to find some affinity with my affliction with plants.

PlantLadyLin -- the "goosifer" story is great! What a wonderful name for a goose from the dark side. I've heard that geese can be vicious and do make good sentries to ward off unwanted visitors. Fortunately, Gilbert is more of a gentle soul that is just hungry for companionship and occasionally mistakes human toes in open soled sandles as juicy worms to be gobbled up. Perhaps he knew the maillady was just bringing more bills and past due notices and he was doing his job in keeping her at bay? LOL

Jeremy
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

November 2, 2007
1:44 PM

Post #4149957

LOL. Everyone needs a "Gilbert" if he can keep those bills away from the mailbox!
sprigsntwigs
Hendersonville, NC
(Zone 7a)

October 14, 2011
3:39 PM

Post #8849085

This article consoles me in SO many ways! I'm not alone. . . My hubby of 6 months went to the golf course early one morning and I knew it was the perfect day for a plant scavenger trip. Took off to the big box store and scored big on all sorts of mark downs and was proud as a peacock with my beautiful bargains. Getting the "mother lode" in my car was definitely a challenge as I was driving a 1972 (bright yellow) convertible VW. I put the top down, stuffed the trunk, the front seat, the back seat, under the seats, but I succeeded. I enjoyed the 2 men sitting on the sidewalk betting whether or not I'd get my treasures loaded. A I approached home, I noticed hubby out watering his beloved grass. That rascal came home early! He said, "I looked up and saw a rolling yellow shrub coming down the street." Darn it! I got caught with my loot. Had really hoped to sneak it all in the back yard, but now my antics don't surprise my better half, he has come to accept me. Digging in the dirt, pulling weeds. Tells everyone he knows what my behind looks like most of the time as I'm always bent over pulling weeds or planting. If we have to have an addiction, aren't we lucky?! Life is GOOD!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: True Confessions of a Gardening Addict Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Plant Addicts Unite! chrissy100 35 Oct 29, 2007 1:19 AM
Jeremy, what a saga! Happy_1 11 Oct 28, 2007 3:09 PM
By request: Enlargeable photos - 1 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 4:54 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 2 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 6:43 PM
By request: Enlargeable photo 3 JaxFlaGardener 3 Nov 4, 2009 5:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America