Photo by Melody

Weather: November Daily Weather, Time for a garden nap.

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 287, Views: 1,842
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2007
2:46 PM

Post #4146736

This is the mildest fall I personally czn remember since I left El Paso 30 years ago.
Last week I sent jcangemi a Birthday wish. She was one of the 'starters' of this continuous thread here. She replied that she was pleased the long growing season was over.
I ask if she "grew for a living"?
This is her reply
Quoting:I'm co-chair of a 2.5 acre demonstration garden for UC system Master Gardener program in Fresno County. That entails coordinating all areas of the garden which includes 2 very large areas of drought-tolerant perennials, an orchard, vineyard, berry patch incl blueberries, summer tomato patch w/60+ varieties, composting program for entire garden, an AAS demo garden (one of three in the central valley), a cut-flower garden, lawn demonstration, a no-barriers garden for the physically challenged, a children's garden, and my section which I totally take care of: 25 raised beds of veggies, year round. That's some of the growing parts of the garden. Add meetings, shopping, stocking, and other aspects of the program, and I was extra busy this year. We graduated 80 new MG's in April and I was one of the mentors for a team of 5. That has kept me hopping and officially ends Nov. 1. I also teach some classes for MG program and co-chaired a large fundraiser event in the garden in September. With my daughter's baby and some attendant problems in February and my Mom in the hospital for 3 weeks in July, 2 construction projects I'm involved in, and an adult ed class twice a week for cabinet making, hubby, aging parents of both of us, go-to person for several people, . . .you see why I'm not posting. But, I see daylight at the end of the tunnel. I lurk, just don't jump in, as I end up spending too much time at it, as I enjoy the camaraderie and love the global aspect, especially on the weather thread. See you there soon. Janet

Now that's busy!!!
Here in Jax;
73.2 F / 22.9 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 66 F / 19 C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 74 F / 23 C

Please come by with your pictures and family musings. I may not personally comment, but I feel like this is a garden fence we all talk over.
Big Hug to all,
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 1, 2007
3:38 PM

Post #4146875

61(F)< Bright blu Skies

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 50%
Wind: 0 (N) at 7mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.15in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 34F
Yesterday's High Temp: 69F
Dew Point: 44
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 63
Wind Chill: 63
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 43F
6hr High Temp: 50F
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 1, 2007
4:53 PM

Post #4147170

Nicely cool this morning. They are calling for Santa Ana winds on Saturday. :-( I don't know how much more our mimosa tree can take. It has some serious cracks in it. It's our only real shade tree so I'd hate to lose it, but maybe then DH will get me a persimmon tree. I would really like an Empire apple tree, but I don't think it's cold enough here for that variety.

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on November 01, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
57 F / 14 C
Clear
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 53 F / 12 C
Wind: Calm

Sharon, I don't know what that thing is in the river. My guess is that it is the remains of a lock. Also, I am surprised that you have trouble growing roses. Maybe the humidity is the problem. Here, I think they would grow wild if they could get enough water. Oddly enough, I have never seen a rosebush at an abandonned homesite, but maybe they can't survive wildfires.

I think Gallatin had three or four children so I don't know why so big a house. Later owners added on behind what you saw in the photo so the house is at least 50% bigger than in looks in that facade. This is one picture from inside the house. I think the fireplace was one that Gallatin brought from Paris. I don't know who that is in the painting. The furniture does not belong to the house and is not from the Gallatin time period. It is Robert E. Lee's furniture and is being stored here while his house is being refurbished. (Apparently Friendship Hill normally does not have any of its own furniture to display.) I don't know how Roberty E. Lee would feel about his furniture being north of the Mason-Dixon Line but it is saving the government a good deal of money to keep the furniture here rather than put it in storage.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 1, 2007
6:58 PM

Post #4147587

Quoting:I don't know how Robert E. Lee would feel about his furniture being north of the Mason-Dixon Line but it is saving the government a good deal of money to keep the furniture here rather than put it in storage.

LOLOL, Kelli!!!

It was a very common practice, back when there were servants enough to keep things running smoothly, to have lots of company in and out all of the time for extended weekend parties. People who had enough money to be socially active in a hoity-toity sort of way, had BIG houses with lots of bedrooms in which to house many people at any given time. That pretty much petered out after the Depression and WWII. I don't know if people didn't have the time/money after that, or if it was just too hard/no longer acceptable to keep servants, but at any rate, the social structure changed immensely after WWII.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 1, 2007
8:10 PM

Post #4147766

Sugarweed - love the quote from Janet; seems the old saying of "ask a busy person to do something, and it will get done", would apply. What a wonderful person to know. The photo is just beautiful.
Marylyn~interesting info and sure would make sense.
kelli~ I've enjoyed your visit back east and the different places you visited. Very nice. Hope the winds won't be as bad as while you were gone. Take care.
Dyson~not dark here, but gray again, brighter than dim though. The 61 and blue skies sounds ideal.
38* gray, sunrise 9:28 sunset 5:56
5:42 sunset yesterday; from the deck.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 1, 2007
8:27 PM

Post #4147820

Good afternoon :-)

It's raining hard and windy - there's another storm coming through tonight. Currently it's 37F, 24 mph winds from the east gusting to 40 mph.

Kelli - Halloween isn't observed here in Iceland. Great photos from your Pennsylvania trip :-)

Sharon - I went to the store looking for pumpkins but they were out - it's something you don't normally find here - I think I saw them for the first time for sale last year. So I had to get creative to make a 'Jack-o-lantern' ;-) There's no trick or treating here.

marsue - thanks :-) The girls look very pleased with their new hats - very pretty :-)

Wow Kiska - gorgeous photo :-)

What I brought back with me from the time I lived in the US is making caramel apples for Halloween. Selma Rn's class had a Halloween party in their English class - they were the only class in the school that got to have a Halloween party. They thought that was very cool ;-) Because Selma got to bring a costume to school - Hildur Eva got all excited about Halloween too and thought it was terribly unfair that she couldn't also wear a costume to school. lol So they put on their costumes when we got home last night and we made caramel apples for desert and lit our 'Jack-o-lantern' in the kitchen window. That was about it for our Halloween.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 1, 2007
10:09 PM

Post #4148100

64(F), darkening.

Have a good eve all.
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 1, 2007
10:49 PM

Post #4148184

Total dark - almost Dyson Dark, but the evening dark has a different texture - you know it won't get lighter.
Currently 55 deg. A grey day lightening to brilliant sunshine this afternoon and working outside weather. At this rate I will be done BEFORE it snows.

It is a witchin' time of the year - so watch out!! Think I'll rev up the ole broom and go for a spin. LOL
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2007
12:28 AM

Post #4148499

Come on by and pick me up!!!
;)
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2007
1:10 AM

Post #4148682

Sidney What an amazing picture to begin the new thread! Thats beautiful!
Kelli I hope your Mimosa makes it. They are such glorious trees. I know I dont need it, but I want the fireplace.BAD!
Kiska Beautiful sunset!
Rann Theres no trick or treating much here either. Its a very disappointing reality now. Great Jack-o-Lantern!

72.0 F / 22.2 C
Clear
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 65 F / 18 C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4.8 km/h / 1.3 m/s from the NNE
Wind Gust: 10.5 mph / 16.9 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 73 F / 23 C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16

High surf advisory in effect until 5 PM EDT Friday...
Coastal Flood Watch in effect through Friday afternoon...
Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am to 8 PM EDT Friday...
Rest of Tonight
Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers early in the evening. Lows in the lower 60s inland...in the mid 60s coast. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2007
2:23 AM

Post #4148950

Cold in the mornings and decent during the day. Our thermometer said 20 something this morning. It felt like it too.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2007
2:39 AM

Post #4149010

Brrr, pepper!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2007
2:43 AM

Post #4149018

Yep!!! lol
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2007
3:55 AM

Post #4149204

Watch it Pepper, don't jinx us.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2007
7:26 AM

Post #4149399

Dark, 45(F)

Relative Humidity: 70%
Wind: 0 (N) at 0mph
Pressure: 30.24in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 43F
Yesterday's High Temp: 70F
Dew Point: 33
Heat Index: 42
Wind Chill: 42
6hr High Temp: 55F
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 2, 2007
9:06 AM

Post #4149436

Good morning!

Thanks Sharon - can you guess what it's made of ? ;-) lol

Pepper - stay warm! 20F ?? Brrrrrrr!

It was windy and wet last night, less wind this morning, 13 mph gusting to 26 mph. It's warmed up to 44F and it's raining.

Here's a photo of the girls in their costumes :-) Hildur Eva was a tarantula ;-)

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2007
9:26 AM

Post #4149452

Pepper - I 3rd that Brrr! LOL!!
Rann - If it's not a pumpkin then it's a darn good imitation! What is it made of? The girls look adorable in their costumes!

It's really nice outside right now! I truly hope the weather stays like this through Thanksgiving. It would be nice to have a cool one for a change.

66.6 F / 19.2 C
Clear
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 58 F / 14 C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h / 1.8 m/s from the NNW
Wind Gust: 8.3 mph / 13.4 km/h
Pressure: 29.88 in / 1011.7 hPa (Steady)

High surf advisory until 5 PM this afternoon...
Coastal Flood Watch through this afternoon...
Lake Wind Advisory until 8 PM this evening...

Today
Mostly sunny and windy. High 73. North winds 20 mph and gusty.

Taken yesterday at lunch. Is that blue in the sky? It's been so long I thought I had started seeing everything in black, white and shades of gray!

Thumbnail by MySharona

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2007
12:12 PM

Post #4149665

Mornin! The weather is like Dyson's, only a little chillier w/ 38.

I hate that I've missed Halloween w/ you all, but we've been doing punkins & such.

Great pics, everybody! There's been so much variety! :D
Sidney, such a beautiful start to the thread! :D
Kiska, Love that sunset! :-O
Dyson, Glad to know that it was Dark at your house! (can't imagine it being anything else)
Rann, Precious girls! Love the costumes! Did you make them?
Sharon, Glad the sky is clearing up for you all...I was worried there for a little bit w/ Noel.
Pepper...are you getting the "Big Chill"? Sounds a little early! Is it?
Kelli, that house is Huge! You're always teaching me some sort of history! :D THanks! :D

Here's some trivia...
In the continental United States, what time of day could you *not* see a rainbow on the horizon?
a) Just after sunrise
b) Around noon
c) Late in the afternoon
d) Right around sunset

Have a Good Day! All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2007

Post #4149670

Oh! Here's a JW update! :D

Thumbnail by music2keep

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2007
12:53 PM

Post #4149789

Joey, I'm gonna say B and awwwwwwww... He's adorable. :-) The pumpkin and mum display is gorgeous!!

Rann, is that an orange or grapefruit? You did a great job!! And your girls are sooo cute in their costumes!

Well, our humidity is definitely back, and it is getting back up into the 80s during the day. We'll have another chilly front come through next week and the highs will only be in the 60s.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CDT (60 min ago)
Temperature 57 F 14 C
Dew Point 54 F 12 C
Humidity 89%
Pressure 30.12 in 1019.9 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 6 mi 9.7 km
Current Conditions Mist
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 54.0F / 12.2C
6 hour max temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 63.0F / 17.2C

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 2, 2007
1:50 PM

Post #4149971

Sharon and Marylyn, thanks - it's a honey dew melon ;-) lol Doesn't last as long as a pumpkin would have but it did the job.

Thanks Joey - I didn't make the costumes - that honor goes to my mom. The tarantula costume was made according to my nephews specifications - so he's the author of that one although mom did all the sewing. I think he was 5 when she made it. JW is so precious! :-)

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 2, 2007
4:08 PM

Post #4150339

Brisk this morning (our version of brisk) but it will warm up later.

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on November 02, 2007
55 F / 13 C
Clear
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 52 F / 11 C

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 2, 2007
4:54 PM

Post #4150523

Joey - Thatnks for the JW fix! He is darling! I'm going with B too. Love the display!
Rann - A honeydew? Wow - it's great!
Kelli - That is brisk for you! That would be brisk for me too! LOL!!

67.8 F / 19.9 C
Overcast
Humidity: 56%
Dew Point: 52 F / 11 C
Wind: 5.0 mph / 8.0 km/h / 2.2 m/s from the North
Wind Gust: 11.6 mph / 18.7 km/h / 9.8 m/s
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa (Rising)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 1900 ft / 579 m

We're back to cloudy and a tad foggy, but the temp is so nice! I'm looking forward to playing in the dirt this weekend!

Going back to January - tired of the gray!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 2, 2007
5:05 PM

Post #4150556

Sharon, you'll notice that our nights get a lot cooler than yours. It rarely freezes but routinely gets down into the 50s a lot of the year and into the 30s and 40s at night in the winter. They say that gives CA citrus a more complex but less sweet flavor than FL citrus. A few varieties of apples can be grown here. Does anyone grow apples in FL?
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 2, 2007
5:16 PM

Post #4150592

32*/snowing - Sunrise will be in half/hour at 9:31 but will be a no-show due to the heavy cloud/snow. loss of 5m 53s daylight today.
m2k~ what nice display; love seeing the mums, too. (used gold/bronze mums as colors @ our wedding; way back:)) JW "our" sweetie, so precious.
kelli~glad to see there's no wind yet; hopefully it will stay that way awhile. Hope you enjoy the cool weather; have a fireplace?
MySharona - love the looks of January; what a peaceful pic. The sea gulls add to the scene.
rann- your mom did a great job as did your nephew for thinking it up. Very cute.
Today is much like this from Jan.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 2, 2007
5:19 PM

Post #4150601

We have a fireplace but we hardly ever use it. Unless it is rainy, it doesn't stay cool all day.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 2, 2007
6:50 PM

Post #4150853

My internet service was down for a while so I am behind on my DGing! I won't try to scroll up to see what's been happening--it would take too long for me to catch up. Just wanted to check in and say it's another beautiful day in the neighborhood where I am. DH has been busy gathering moss covered rocks from some property we own in another county. I 'll post a picture to show you what he has done with them. We are working on a lasagna bed to have ready for planting in the spring.

Here's the weather for our area:

Current conditions as of 12:55 pm CDT

Partly Cloudy
Feels Like: 63
Barometer: 30.24 in and falling
Humidity: 30%
Visibility: 7 mi
Dewpoint: 30
Sunrise: 7:30 am
Sunset: 6:13 pm

BTW, Rann, I did take time to look at your little tarantula--she is the cutest spider I have ever seen! Both of your girls are precious.
Joey, JW is precious, too!
Everybody have a great day!

This message was edited Nov 2, 2007 1:53 PM

Thumbnail by marsue

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 2, 2007
7:20 PM

Post #4150937

Marsue - thanks ;-) Love the looks of that new bed!

Sharon - thanks - I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I've wanted to make one of those "lanterns" for years but always thought I needed a pumpkin ;-) lol

Kiska - brrrrrr! I see the snow's back. Thanks :-)

It's 43F, stopped raining and been dark for over an hour ...
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2007
7:46 PM

Post #4151042

58(F), totally bright blu skies...
no kneed to report farther.

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2007
8:29 PM

Post #4151176

Just popped in to push some WV tourism...
/ezine/multimedia.php

Be back later! :D
Joey
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2007
8:45 PM

Post #4151225

There is WV tourism?

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 2, 2007
9:43 PM

Post #4151405

Joey,thanks for the picture,little JW is so sweet! Love your ornaments!
Sharon, wonderful sky,though grey!
Rann, how cute are the girls!
Kiska,oh, no,already like January? They forecasted snow on Tuesday in Bucharest, grrrrrr!
Meanwhile, it was Dyson dark here too,just a few rays of sun,especially at sunset.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2007
10:00 PM

Post #4151461

Yous'e folks really know how to show me my place, now I am going to have to figure out how to run this camera - sheese like I did not have enough on the plate.

about 55 - thats all your gett'in (like you need more information).

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 2, 2007
10:54 PM

Post #4151644

See? It warmed up a good bit.

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on November 02, 2007
81 F / 27 C
Clear
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 51 F / 11 C

A Wind Advisory remains in effect from 9 PM this evening to 2 PM PDT
Saturday.

Areas of northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to near 40 mph
will develop between midnight and sunrise Saturday before
diminishing Saturday afternoon. In addition... the winds may
create local blowing dust and ash in vicinity of the recent burn
areas... with visibilities reduced at times. The strongest winds
will be over the eastern Ventura County and western Los Angeles
County valleys.

... Red flag warning remains in effect from 10 PM PDT this evening to
8 PM PST Sunday for the San Fernando Valley due to gusty north to
northeast winds and low humidities...

A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will create
explosive fire growth potential. Please advise the appropriate
officials or fire crews in the field of this red flag warning.

DH cut away part of the mimosa tree yesterday. It looks kind of awful but should look better in the spring after it leafs out again.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 2, 2007
10:57 PM

Post #4151660

This is the crack in the trunk. The tree leans. It has always leaned. It it also completely hollow.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 2, 2007
10:58 PM

Post #4151665

And to end on a cheerful note, here are some of my squashes as Thankgiving decorations.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2007
11:02 PM

Post #4151683

It got dark again :( Neat pumpkin pic though.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2007
12:11 AM

Post #4151915

Kelli Ive only heard of one apple farm in Lake City, but I dont know if it has produced anything. Awww your poor Mimosa. Theyve always been a favorite of mine. The scent of the blooms (to me) is kind of similar to the scent of the Mandevilla.Love the pumpkin/gourd/corn display!
Kiska Snow!! BRRRRRR!
Marsue I love the way the garden looks. Keep us posted on the progress.
Joey Thanks for the link
Dyson Hysterical!!
Adina Beautiful sunset!

67.8 F / 19.9 C
Overcast
Humidity: 41%
Dew Point: 43 F / 6 C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h / 0.9 m/s from the North
Wind Gust: 5.4 mph / 8.7 km/h
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa (Rising)
Clouds: Overcast 4500 ft / 1371 m

High surf advisory in effect until 10 am EDT Saturday...

Rest of Tonight
Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly cloudy after midnight. Cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph near the coast and 5 mph inland.

Not the best picture, but sunset on the way home

This message was edited Nov 3, 2007 8:26 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 3, 2007
2:07 AM

Post #4152310

Today was nice. 60s. Will be in the 40s tonight. Later next week we will be back in the 20s for lows and 40s for high. Found my winter clothes and got them out and ready.

Sunset at work a few weeks ago.

Thumbnail by pepper23

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 3, 2007
2:07 AM

Post #4152312

Good Evening All!
The temp is cooling off a bit. It's down to 41, but we're to get down to 30.

Yes Dyson...there is tourism! :D (you rascal!) The governor wanted to have our state logo to say "Open for Business", (makes us sound desperate) and changed it to that, but the populace voted to have it stay "Wild and Wonderful"...Tourism is the best business in the state. "No kneed to report..." LOL!
Thanks Marsue, You have a nice looking bed there! :D
Thanks Adina! That's a Great looking sunset pic! Between you & Sharon, I don't have to take any! :D
Kelli, Sorry about your Mimosa...I hope that it survives. I know around here it wouldn't. I think that they are gorgeous & anything that attracts hummers is #1 in my book! :D Your Pa. shots are absolutely Great! I think I know what those "pillars" are in the river. We have some here...they are old pillars that held the rail road tracks. I certainly hope that you don't get any more fires! :-O
Thanks Kiska! I guess I could share the little "critter" w/ ya! :D And your shot from January looks Great! I'm ready for the "white stuff"! :D
Thanks Sharon, Your shot from January looks Marvelous as well! It's so neat seeing both ends of the spectrum! :D And you're welcome for the "fix"! :D
Rann, Thanks. Your mom did a Great job on the costumes! :D So Cute!
Marylyn, Thanks! :D

The answer to the trivia is...B
Too see a rainbow, your back needs to be to the sun, and the sun needs to be low in the sky.

The color is about gone...

Good Nite All! :D
Joey

The

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2007
12:32 PM

Post #4153089

Joey - Next thing you know you're going to see white in place of the colors! I love snow, but I don't think Jeff would ever live where it snows again. :(

It's going to be a picture perfect day!!!

53.1 F / 11.7 C
Clear
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 42 F / 6 C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the NW
Wind Gust: 5.4 mph / 8.7 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Rising)
Clouds: Clear -

High surf advisory in effect until 10 am EDT this morning...

Today
Sunny. High 73F. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Yesterday

Thumbnail by MySharona

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2007
1:52 PM

Post #4153274

Very bright, blu skies, 39(F)

Looks like all the rain produced by the hurricane fell to the east of us :(

Relative Humidity: 76%
Wind: 0 (N) at 0mph
Pressure: 30.09in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 39F
Yesterday's High Temp: 59F
Dew Point: 30
Heat Index: 37
Wind Chill: 37
6hr Low Temp: 31F
6hr High Temp: 38F
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2007
2:23 PM

Post #4153393

Buddy just called, has to work today, there goes the pickup truck needed for the LOWE'S trip. Now what am I going to do all day? Guess I'll caulk windows to try and lesson the escape of warm air but I really wanted to build that wall today, danged hillbilly truck owning buddy.
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 3, 2007
5:20 PM

Post #4153912

Oh gee. I've been over-scheduled the past few days. I pulled up the thread and thought, "Oh good, not too far behind." Then I realized a new thread had been started. Silly me. So I'm waaaay far behind. So I'll just say Hello! ..and then back up and start reading. :)

60F and sunny. It was 44 at 8 this morning - pretty cold from my perspective.
Low tonight, 39F. Looking forward to an extra hour of sleep tonight!
Deb
(Sky at sunset through a soon-to-be leafless Crape Myrtle.)

Thumbnail by DebinSC

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2007
6:10 PM

Post #4154033

It was down below 60 again this morning.
I have a new AC/Dehumidifier/Heat Pump.
It is entirely contained in a rolling unit that has 2 hoses going to the window.
It has a remote and heats and cools well.
My problem is I haven't figured out where I want the temp in Celcious(sp?)
Sidney
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2007
7:09 PM

Post #4154171

Sid there should be a way to change the reading/setting to Fahrenheit If you can not find it d-mail me the make/model number and I will research it. - Dy and then the rest of the name.

If not I can give you a converter now. - F to C or vise versa thinger.

Is thinger a word? It needs to be.
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2007
7:19 PM

Post #4154199

I'll give Google a chance, thanks Dyson. Just easier to complain than read the directions. I can, however try to keep a "Wonder about?" list and e-mail to you every AM.
LOL
Big Hug
Sidney
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2007
7:54 PM

Post #4154265

Speaking of a complaint - I came home from the store, to find 3 danged hillbilly cats on the front porch - they were, of course the same 3 danged hillbilly cats that were on the porch when I left the house 18.543 minutes before, but I figure I should still be able to complain about it. Anyone need one of these beast? (they are good mice'ers as long as not over-fed).

67(F) under a watch of some sort from the hurricane - but the wx is perfect for outdoors activity.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 3, 2007
10:22 PM

Post #4154635

It was fairly windy earlier today but not now.

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on November 03, 2007
86 F / 30 C
Clear
Humidity: 15%
Dew Point: 33 F / 1 C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h / 2.6 m/s from the SE

We went hiking. I'm beat.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 3, 2007
10:24 PM

Post #4154638

The twisty things are turritella fossils. They wash out of the ground and accumulate on the road in this one spot.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2007
11:05 PM

Post #4154755

Kelli...86 and rugged country...I can see why you're a bit tired from your hike. I had 50 and a steady wind for my bike ride this afternoon. It's just about time to move indoors.

Joey...Are you still employed at the fish place? I went up to Lake Erie this morning to see if the steelhead trout were running. They were! As you know it's considered a world-class fishery and people come from all over the country to fish it. I prefer fishing the bigger streams--It's much more scenic and a lot less crowded but we have not had enough big rains for the fish to swim very far upstream yet.

Here are a few photos.

Once they make it past the fishermen and into Trout Run they are safe--They are in nursery waters and off limits.

early_bloomer

This message was edited Nov 3, 2007 7:12 PM

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2007
11:07 PM

Post #4154766

The fishermen are lined up at the mouth of the stream. They were doing quite well today. It was not uncommon to have 3 or 4 fish on at a time.

early_bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2007
11:10 PM

Post #4154771

This view, taken from a breakwall, shows the shoreline and the fishermen. There was a large school of trout in front of them, afraid to swim past and into the stream.

early_bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2007
11:11 PM

Post #4154777

A stringer of fish.

early_bloomer

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 3, 2007
11:57 PM

Post #4154911

Those are huge fish! My cousin went fishing up there a couple weeks ago but didn't catch anything.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2007
12:33 AM

Post #4155009

Kelli...Your cousin was probably a bit too early in the season. The fish stay out in the lake until the cool weather and rains come.

early_bloomer

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2007
3:16 AM

Post #4155572

Helluu!!

E_B! What Great Shots! Those are some gorgeous fish! :D No, I don't work at the Trout Lodge anymore...long story. Thanks for the Shots! :D I would rather hit the larger streams, as well...crowds are just not my thing.
Kelli, What are "turritella fossils" ? Are they an ancient sea type fossil? You've peaked my curiosity. I would be beat too if I had hiked in the sun at that temp! I get hot & sweaty goin' in the winter!
Deb, What a beautiful sunset sky! :D
Sharon, Sorry to hear that Jeff is not into snow. I like all the changes in weather & color that are offered. And a guy told me today that he heard that we are supposed to get a rain & snow mix on Tuesday night. I haven't heard it (on tv), but you never know! :D

Good nite!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 4, 2007
3:54 AM

Post #4155678

A turritella is a seashell. They still exist, though in warmer water than we have here now. There several species. I don't know if the fossils are of living or extinct species. They are not all that ancient as far as fossils go. They are from the Miocene era.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2007
10:28 AM

Post #4155896

Dark, 41(F)

Relative Humidity: 52%
Wind: 280 (W) at 8mph
Pressure: 30.03in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 31F
Yesterday's High Temp: 67F
Dew Point: 28
Heat Index: 45
Wind Chill: 41
6hr Low Temp: 49F
6hr High Temp: 57F
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 4, 2007
1:24 PM

Post #4156187

Great pictures everyone. We were out of town yesterday so I haven't caught up with this thread yet, will do so later. DH is up and time to have coffee with him. Took a quick photo of sunrise and mist rising behind the trees. Trees are still green, you will notice.

Current conditions as of 6:53 am CST

Fair
Feels Like: 49
Barometer: 30.21 in and steady
Humidity: 86%
Visibility: 5 mi
Dewpoint: 45
Wind: WSW 6 mph
Sunrise: 6:31 am
Sunset: 5:11 pm

Thumbnail by marsue

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2007
11:07 PM

Post #4157720

Good evening!

Great photos everyone! EB - those are some nice looking trout! :-)

It was pretty nice yesterday - not very windy and not wet. Today was windy and wet however. Now it's 26 mph gusting to 46 and 39F. Sunrise was at 9:20 ans sunset at 5:09.

Have a good evening all :-)

Rann

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 4, 2007
11:58 PM

Post #4157854

3:pm~~ Weatherwise it's gray, as is most of Nov/Dec/Jan, but it's up to 39* so it's warm out. Sunrise just got earlier w/the time change, for today 8:36 sunrise and sets at 4:48.
rann - glad you had nice day yesterday; sure helps to get one once in awhile :)
Very pretty sunrise, marsue; weather looks pretty good, too.
E_B ~~ nice to take us fishing; looks like a good time there.
kelli~thanks, too, for the armchair hike; the best kind somedays :)
Dyson~ did it ever get light?
DebinSC~~very ambitious undertaking, playing catch-up here, isn't it ?:) I like the way the leaves are barely hanging on in the picture. very pretty.
Taken in July.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 5, 2007
12:18 AM

Post #4157921

E_B: Liked your trout fishing series. Something I know nothing about, so very interesting!
Kelli: I always enjoy your hikes. :)

51F and totally dark. That extra hour of sleep this morning was nice, but I hate to see that sun setting so early. Kiska and Rann are thinking, "Ha! You don't know what dark is!" LOL. I have to complain, though. Now the wait begins for solstice.

I brought in the rest of my tender tropicals today, since our temps are supposed to dip into the upper 30s overnight for the first time mid-week. 40s tonight, tho. Orchids still out on the porch in bloom at least. :)
NO RAIN. Forecast is for a sunny, dry, and cool week. Sigh.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 5, 2007
12:52 PM

Post #4159254

Great fishing photos, E_B!
Kiska, loved that photo--are those ferns in the background?
Deb--great shot of the geese. We have a flock of geese in our neighborhood. There is a pond just to the north and east of our area where they hang out. They fly over every morning and evening. I would love to see some photos of your orchids. I have 3 orchids but none are blooming right now.

We went for a drive yesterday afternoon. It looks like we won't be getting a whole lot of color in the leaves unless the weather turns cooler soon. I took this shot along one of the country roads. You can see the pine trees and then just a bit of color on beyond them.

Yesterday was a beautiful day--another forecast for today.
Temp on my backporch at 6:47 a.m. is 58*F.

Thumbnail by marsue

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2007
1:55 PM

Post #4159505

Good morning! I was at a church women's retreat this weekend, so I'm just catching up. :-) The weather was gorgeous all weekend and is continuing today. Tonight the clouds are moving in and there is a 20% chance of rain and tomorrow the high is only going to be in the 60s. We're flirting with fall, but it hasn't REALLY moved in yet. LOL

This picture is of the camp I was at, though I took it at another retreat 3 years ago. I didn't bring the camera this year.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:38am CST (13 min ago)
Temperature 63 F 17 C
Dew Point 60 F 16 C
Humidity 94%
Pressure 30.12 in 1020 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Visibility 3 mi 4.8 km
Current Conditions Mist
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 62.1F / 16.7C

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2007
3:06 PM

Post #4159757

Bright sunny blu skies, 52(F)

Relative Humidity: 54%
Wind: 240 (WSW) at 3mph
Pressure: 30.12in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 42F
Yesterday's High Temp: 62F
Dew Point: 30
Heat Index: 46
Wind Chill: 46
6hr Low Temp: 34F
6hr High Temp: 44F
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 5, 2007
4:51 PM

Post #4160101

7:30am, dark but still warm at 35*. Sunrise at 8:39 Sets at 4:45.
Last year at this time there was a lot of snow here at the house, now we have to go about 10 miles up the road to snow.
DebinSC - the geese are very pretty in that setting. Dark is dark and you can "complain" all you want :)
marsue~ that's a nice looking drive; there are ferns in the photo. They grow very large in the woods; lots of rain during the summer and long daylight have a lot to do with it, I'm sure.
Marylyn_TX~~looks as if you were in a gorgeous setting; I like your use of the phrase, "flirting w/fall"...very descriptive.
Saturday~Lazy Mt. (from our driveway). DH took this one.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 5, 2007
7:31 PM

Post #4160632

Kiska,that is amasing!
E_B, thanks for showing us Lake Erie and the fishing ...the fish are so many!Doyou take the fish back into the lake after you catch it?
Deb, beautiful sunset!
Kelli,great pics !
Pepper,love that lake,great pic !
Marsue,wonderful trees!
Forecast says it's getting cooler and expecting snow tonight,only 40!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2007
11:50 PM

Post #4161565

I have had a nice 3 day weekend! Traded a day with a co-worker, Jeff took Justin to Rockport to see DFIL and I had the house to myself - for 3 days. Ladies you know what I'm talking about! I got to c-l-e-a-n house! Made the Goodwill run this morning. No one will know anything is gone for at least 4 months! LOL!!!
Sidney We were in the upper 40s last night. I am lovin it!!
Dyson I believe thinger can be a word. Its related to thingy! Keep those hillbilly cats! You get rid of them youll have mice out the wazoo!
Kelli The pics are great! I had to look up turritella shells. We have a zillion of live turritellas here. I find the shells all the time on the beach.
E_B Those fishermen are cheating! LOL!! Great picture series! How is your Jeff?
Joey Jeff was raised in Beaver County, PA, which is why he cant stand long snowy winters anymore. I was raised mainly in the South (except for several years overseas) which explains why I love any cool/cold weather I can get! I love all seasons, but have never really had to tough it out as an adult in real winter! Therefore, per Jeff, I just dont know how hard it really is! LOL!
Marsue I love the misty morning picture!
Deb I feel your pain. I hate that it gets dark so early now. Makes for a very long evening. Your geese are pretty!

58.5 F / 14.7 C
Clear
Humidity: 49%
Dew Point: 39 F / 4 C
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Rising)

Tonight
Mostly clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 48 coast. East winds 5 mph shifting to the west after midnight.

I took Prissy to the beach yesterday to look for sharks teeth after the recent Nor'easter. No such luck. Look at this shore line!
Marylyn Where was the retreat held? Beautiful lake!
Kiska I love the Lazy Mt. picture! Its gorgeous and saved as background! Be sure to tell DH Great job!
Adina Looks like Fall is almost over in your area. How is your mom doing?

Thumbnail by MySharona

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2007
12:48 AM

Post #4161764

Quoting:I love all seasons, but have never really had to tough it out as an adult in real winter! Therefore, per Jeff, I just dont know how hard it really is!

I do "know how hard it really is" - and I don't miss it in the slightest either!!! LOL

The retreat was at Crier Creek (http://www.pinecove.com/retreats/crier-creek.php), a non-denominational Christian campground about 80 miles west of here... Just far enough away from Houston to be able to see the stars clearly at night. :-) Our church has held its yearly women's retreats there for the past 4 years or so, and it is fantastic - gorgeous scenery, great friends, good speakers, excellent cabins, and oh, the food!!! (drooling at the memory...) I'm already looking forward to next November! :-)

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2007
12:56 AM

Post #4161795

It is raining, the first since the October deluges. Grass is green and glowing as are other perennials. It is rough cooking for 2 people after spending years cooking for 8. I made 3 meatloaves yesterday and a big roaster full of stuffed red peppers. Most will get froze for later meals.

Today I was loafing, my body is used to working and running the wheelbarrow. I need to get out tomorrow and DO something. LOL
Currently 54 deg.low tonight 48 Deg.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2007
12:57 AM

Post #4161804

Marylyn - The last time I lived in a "hard winter area" was when I was a 16 - 18 y/o in England. I didn't have to deal with the day to day winter life, I just enjoyed it! The adults dealt with the snow, ice, etc!!

Priss did not enjoy the shells!

Thumbnail by MySharona

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2007
1:42 AM

Post #4162009

Today was in the high 50s and really, really windy. Not a real nice day. Tomorrow only in the 40s. Brrr!!

Here is another pic from where I work. This is facing another direction and that is the arbor there in the back on the right.

Thumbnail by pepper23

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2007
10:45 AM

Post #4162910

Pepper - You work in a very pretty area. The arbor is huge!

46.2 F / 7.9 C
Clear
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Steady)

Today
Sunny until late afternoon then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2007
10:55 AM

Post #4162920

Dark, 50(F)

Relative Humidity: 71%
Wind: 260 (W) at 6mph
Gusts: 18mph
Pressure: 29.88in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 34F
Yesterday's High Temp: 66F
Dew Point: 40
Ceiling: 3600ft
Heat Index: 49
Wind Chill: 46
6hr Precip: 0in
6hr Low Temp: 52F
6hr High Temp: 58F
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2007
11:50 AM

Post #4163021

We had a light shower earlier, not enough to matter w/the ground-water level, I do not think it will even show on the gauge, but it may have helped the thirsty plants some.

Thumbnail by Dyson

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 6, 2007
12:16 PM

Post #4163135

Good Morning Everybody! Sorry I took so long to get back. It took me forever to do the voting! :D Decisions, decisions! So Many Gorgeous pics to choose from! :D

Everybody here has gorgeous pics!, but I need to go back & do the reading.

The weather? We had some rain yesterday & last night ~ about a 1/4 of an inch. The high today will be in the lower 40's, with some light snow this evening! :D

Some trivia for the day...
The Sun is the source of most of our heat here on Earth. How hot [in degrees Fahrenheit] is the surface of the Sun?
a) 10,000
b) 50,000
c) 100,000
d) 500,000

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2007
2:19 PM

Post #4163515

The wind is blowing fairly hard and the leaves are falling like snowfall, I'm still cleaning windows, which makes it easier to watch the leaves fall.

47(F) - windy
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 6, 2007
4:47 PM

Post #4164068

Joey, I have a cactus just like that and mine is blooming now, too.

Something a little different here this morning.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on November 06, 2007
51 F / 11 C
Fog
Humidity: 100%

The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a
dense fog advisory... which is in effect until 10 am PST this
morning.

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2007
5:57 PM

Post #4164329

Current conditions as of 10:55 am CST

Sunny
Feels Like: 54
Barometer: 30.42 in and falling
Humidity: 30%
Dewpoint: 23
Wind: N 8 mph
Sunrise: 6:33 am
Sunset: 5:09 pm
It is forecast to get down to 33*F in our area tonight. That is a first for the season and we may experience our first real frost. Brrrr! I can't really complain, though, because we have had some gorgeous autumn weather this past month.

Pepper, you have a great view from where you work!
Sharon, is that a fin sticking up out of the water in your photo? A shark, maybe? Yikes! LOL
Love, that cactus, Joey. I have a white one but it is not blooming yet. Can't complain as it bloomed three times this past year!
Dyson, neat charts! I can't say that I knew what I was looking at though! LOL except the temp and dewpoint.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 6, 2007
8:52 PM

Post #4164877

29* 11:30am, light but no sunshine. Sunrise was at 8:42 this morning and sets at 4:42.
pepper~ageeing with others; you work in a beautiful setting.
MySharona~ little Prissy wants picked up:) what a beach-full of shells; bet it made quite a crunch when walking.
Dyson~at least the plants had a little something to tide them over till it really rains. What does "wind" 260* mean?
m2keep~are you looking forward to snow? I'm still working on voting, so difficult, isn't it? Love the cactus blossom. A.
kelli ~ sounds really cool, but with the fog, must feel even cooler.
se_eds~bet it's quite a change in cooking habits :) At least now you've got dinners ready at a moments' notice.
Sunset yesterday.
hi marsue~seems it's time to get ready as well for cool weather. I'm impressed that your cactus bloomed 3X, that's wonderful.

Thumbnail by kiska

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 6, 2007
9:03 PM

Post #4164893

Sharon,thanks for asking,mom is well,I just went to hers and brought her the meds.
The beach looks great even now and Prissy is as cute as ever!
Is getting warmer...under a huge maple !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2007
9:11 PM

Post #4164920

260 = 260 degrees w/ 0 deg. (or 360 deg depending on if your glass is empty or full) being north. 180 would be from the south.

50(F) bright, w/a good breeze.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 6, 2007
11:04 PM

Post #4165225

Quoting:...(or 360 deg depending on if your glass is empty or full) being north.

LOL, Dyson!!!

Wow, how often do you get fog like that, Kelli? I hope you didn't have anywhere to go this morning.

marsue, I didn't notice the "shark" in Sharon's picture until you mentioned it! Yikes is right! (Well, if it is a shark... LOL) Your sunset pic is gorgeous. :-)

We had another chilly front come through. It's going to get down in the mid 40s tonight and will only be in the 60s tomorrow. We're going to walk to the school that we vote at as soon as DH is home. The bunnies can either play outside or come into the auditorium with us and run up and down the steps in the bleachers while we take turns voting. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 4:53pm CST (6 min ago)
Temperature 69 F 21 C
Dew Point 48 F 9 C
Humidity 46%
Pressure 30.25 in 1024.3 mb
Wind Speed 15 MPH 13 kts
Wind Dir N 360
Ceiling 7000 ft 2134 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Mostly Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 63.0F / 17.2C
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2007
11:32 PM

Post #4165310

Dark, 45(F) wind has died down.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2007
12:12 AM

Post #4165486

Joey Beautiful Christmas Cactus! Mine havent bloomed yet. Im going with A. For some crazy reason I remember the internal temp of the sun is around 27 million degrees! Why do I know this?
Dyson I have a bunch of windows that need cleaning!
Kelli You had rain and fog within a 1 month time frame! LOL! Did you take pictures?
Marsue LOL! Thats a surfer in a wet suit heading out! He does look like a fin!
Adina Im glad your mom is doing well. I love the tree picture!
Marylyn Were on the same weather front. Its going to be Fall here for a couple of days. Im so excited! Ill actually get to wear a sweater!

67.6 F / 19 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 48 F / 9 C
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Rising)
Clouds: Few 5000 ft / 1524 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Lows 43 to 48 inland...around 50 coast. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Prissy is happy now!

Thumbnail by MySharona

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 7, 2007
12:17 AM

Post #4165501

Dyson - now I understand- I'll check "my" weather site to see if the winds are posted in that manner. North is good unless the winds are coming from Siberia; then it's a bummer. I'm sure you recall those winds:)
Just looked at the weather site, and there it is, listed under the aviation weather.(60* ENE)
3:15 - - 29*/ gray continues to rule the day. Snow in the forecast.
adina~the fallen leaves look so pretty. I'm glad your mother is doing well.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 7, 2007
12:19 AM

Post #4165513

MySharona~now that's one happy puppy :) How did you manage to get such a great pic? Quick, pick out a sweater for fall :))
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
12:22 AM

Post #4165527

kiska - how well I remember the north winds, and the destruction they could bring in short order to a peaceful community.

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2007
12:51 AM

Post #4165608

Helluu! As Dyson said, the wind has died down, finally! It was really hard to drive in! The high today was 42 & the wind chill in Bluefield was 28! But the sun was out!:D The clouds are rolling in now to give us a little rain/snow mix.

Kiska, Thanks...And yes I'm ready for the snow...I think that snow is more benificial that rain. (seeps in)... I heard somewhere (long ago) that snow contains a lot of nitrogen. Yep, I had an aweful time voting...I couldn't make up my Mind! :D
Adina, I LOVE that Maple! What kind is it? I'm so glad that your mom is doing OK! :D
Sharon!!! The pic of Prissy is Priceless! :D A shark? :-O
Kelli, That cactus is the funniest thin...I bought it as a Christmas Cactus & it always blooms in early Nov.

The answer to the trivia is...A
The surface of the sun is about 5 times hotter than molten lava.

Have a Great Evening!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 7, 2007
1:45 AM

Post #4165828

Joey: Oops! I got here too late to get my trivia guess in. (Would've been wrong.) Pretty cactus. Mine is just budding for the first time. :)
Adina: I love that maple tree.
Kiska: Love the snowy mountain.
Marsue: Here's a weird shot of one of my orchids that is blooming. It was dark when I got home, so this was taken "by flashlight". :)

Totally Dyson dark and 58. They SAY it's going to get down to the mid 30s tonight. So I guess I'd better bring those orchids inside. Sigh.

If the low temp is 35, the humidity is 43%, and the dew point is 37, will there be frost???
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2007
2:48 AM

Post #4166166

Today was a nice, chilly, sunny day. Was supposed to be colder but it was what it has been. 50s.

Here is another pic from work. The arbor in the last pic can hold 50 people. It is a popular spot for small weddings. This pic is just to the left of the arbor. If look in the other pic you see a tree with a bit of the sun on it . This is closer view of that area.

Thumbnail by pepper23

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 7, 2007
3:35 AM

Post #4166320

Great sunset photo, Kiska, and Hi back to you! :o)
Joey, that grandbaby is sooooo cute! I imagine there is lots of sugar under that little chin!
Sharon, your Prissy is too funny--such a cute pic and I am so glad that wasn't a shark in your other photo! LOL
Adina, that is certainly a pretty park you have there--is it close to your house? Glad your Mom is well.
That is one gorgeous orchid, Deb. I don't have one that color. I have a Dancing Lady that is yellow and I have a purple phaelenopsis (sp?) and I can't remember what the other one is because it hasn't bloomed in a long time--don't know what its problem is. Maybe if I fed it, that would help?
Pepper, no wonder people like to have weddings at the arbor in your photo--it is a beautiful site for an outdoor wedding. DH and I were married outdoors (23 1/2 years ago) at a friend's house (in February--brrrr). There was a pond just beside her driveway and we had purple mums lining the driveway--it was the "aisle". The song we played for the wedding party's entry was Piano Concerto #1 by Tsychowski. (That spelling doesn't look right but it is--I looked it up) It was very effective. Anyway, I digress. LOL (I do that a lot)
Y'all have a good evening!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2007
10:52 AM

Post #4166838

Kiska We were playing get your toy and she started dancing and smiling! She reminds me of Jack Nicholsons The Joker (Batman)! Great sunset picture.
Joey You had snow! No only a surfer in a wetsuit! Awww Look at our boy! Hes precious!
Deb Great picture of the orchid! I dont know if the equation = frost, but it does = very cold in my book!
Pepper That is a great spot for weddings!
Marsue We all digress at times! Your wedding sounds like it was lovely. Hopefully you werent freezing in the February!
49.5 F / 9.7 C
Clear
Humidity: 38%
Dew Point: 25 F / -4 C
Wind Gust: 9.6 mph / 15.4 km/h
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa (Rising)
Windchill: 48 F / 9 C

Today
Mostly sunny...breezy...cooler. High 62!!!!! North winds 15 to 20 mph.
I just heard it's 39* in Waycross (about 80 miles North)! Brrrrr!

I never can remember the name of this butterfly, but taken yesterday. It's on the "powder puff" plant (in the Mimosa family), but no scent. :(

Thumbnail by MySharona

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2007
12:02 PM

Post #4166890

21* outside right now. And dark.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 7, 2007
12:37 PM

Post #4166958

Current conditions as of 5:55 am CST

Clear
Feels Like: 36
Barometer: 30.42 in and steady
Humidity: 70%
Dewpoint: 27
Sunrise: 6:34 am
Sunset: 5:08 pm
It was actually 32*F on my backporch at 6 a.m. today. Brrrr! I guess that qualifies as our first freeze of the season. I haven't been out to check my plants. I'll do that later when it warms up somewhat.

That's a good picture of the yellow butterfly, Sharon, and the pretty mimosa-looking plant. And no, we didn't freeze when DH and I got married even though it was February. The weather was actually pretty mild but the next day it snowed and sleeted! Guess we got married just in time to have an outdoor wedding! LOL

It will warm up today to near 60*F and be even warmer the next two or three days. Yay!
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2007

Post #4166995

Good morning!

Today it's fairly calm - only 4 mph from the south, 43F and raining. No complaints here. Yesterday was very windy and wet. The weekly "tremor" report states that 226 small earthquakes were recorded in the past week, most under 3 on the richter scale.

Sunrise was at 9:29 and sunset will be at 4:53.
Deb - I know what you mean about it getting dark too soon this time of year ... it seems to me it wasn't that long ago that sunrise was around 8 am and sunset around 6 pm ... I don't know what happened there ! lol I guess time flies by ... When is sunset in your part of the world?

Great photos everyone!

Rann
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
1:16 PM

Post #4167059

37(F) Sunny, bright, blu skies,

Wife 1 (Melody) returned from Calif. (visit w/son 1) and posted pics - 249 of them.

This is granddaughter -

Thumbnail by Dyson

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 7, 2007
1:27 PM

Post #4167086

Beautiful granddaughter, Dyson! Aren't granddaughters the greatest?!! 249 photos, huh? That ought to keep you busy for a while! LOL
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2007
5:46 PM

Post #4168011

Marsue Your first freeze! Brrrr!
Rann You get a weekly tremor report? Im surprised at how short you daylight hours are.
Kelli Do you get a weekly tremor report?
Dyson Your granddaughter is just beautiful!

Sunrise here at 6:44am Sunset at 5:34pm

59.0 F / 15.0 C
Partly Cloudy
Dew Point: 32 F / -0 C
Wind: 6.0 mph / 9.7 km/h / 2.7 m/s from the North
Wind Gust: 13.0 mph / 20.9 km/h / 8.7 m/s
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Falling)
UV: 7 out of 16
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
5:48 PM

Post #4168020

Two posted ... wife 1 & wife 3, think there are a few more (wife 2) but have not heard from her in quite awhile. Maybe she needs to get in touch? Or maybe not.

It is all good - 49

What do you tell the grandchild about the other grandchild? step cousin?, distant relative? Impartial but need too know.

sign me too many grandkids.

What do you tell the current spouse about the grandkids? I know you can tell them the grandkids from the first marriage are their grandchildren also, but what about the second Marriage children etc. - I am more than confused. I know - stop getting married, but that does not work this late in the game.

This message was edited Nov 7, 2007 2:57 PM

This message was edited Nov 7, 2007 2:59 PM

This message was edited Nov 7, 2007 4:01 PM

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 7, 2007
9:03 PM

Post #4168612

Dyson, your GD is beautiful! You know what they say : the more,the merrier!LOL
Joey, thanks, JW looks so healthy and beautiful! Would you give him a kiss on that cheek for me?
Sharon, aweeeeeeeeeeeeee, sweet Prissy!
Marsue, thanks, the park is 5 minutes away from my building. I know every path,my kids played there too and I walk Boss there everyday.
Deb,what a beauty!
I don't know this maple's name,but he is one of the biggest in our park!
It's been very cold, 28 in the morning and only 41 during the day, it's been snowing this evening,more like sleet.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2007
9:10 PM

Post #4168642

adina thank you and the image of the tree is fantastic!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 7, 2007
9:37 PM

Post #4168755

dyson, now I am confused, too! LOL My DH and I have 8 grandchildren between us--4 are his and 4 are mine but they are all really "ours". Plus we have "grandchildren" that we claim from friends--one of them is 12 years old and she told DH (Pa Buddy) that even though she loved her 'real' papaw that she would always love Pa Buddy better (He has been the only stable male role model in her life since she was born). That statement made both of us cry (DH and me)!
Adina--beautiful tree. Brrr--it's cold over your way, isn't it?--Just talking about sleet makes me cold!

I have spotted a beautiful tree just down the road from my house which has yellow leaves all over it--one of the few really pretty autumn-colored trees around here this year. I have to go out later to pick up some RX's and I will take a pic of it when I do. Last year we had a really beautiful autumn with all the different colored trees but not this year--so sad! :o(

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 7, 2007
9:39 PM

Post #4168761

Thanks, here's the sunset yesterday.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 7, 2007
9:44 PM

Post #4168781

Marsue,same here about the trees !
This morning sunrise.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 7, 2007
9:45 PM

Post #4168785

The moon I saw before !

Thumbnail by adinamiti

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2007
9:50 PM

Post #4168803

No way to catch up. Hate to be so impersonable.

44* and a chilly day for Iowa.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 7, 2007
10:06 PM

Post #4168864

A few minutes later it was more color.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 7, 2007
10:17 PM

Post #4168894

Sharon, do I have a weekly tremor report? No, but I can go to a USGS web site and see all of earthquakes for the past seven days.

Nice pictures, Adina.

I won't give you all the usual Van Nuys report because it does not represent here. Here, it is 82Fand sunny at 2PM.

Here is a PA picture. This is a church in Ohiopyle. That's all I know about it.

Thumbnail by Kelli

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 7, 2007
11:02 PM

Post #4169000

adina, pretty sunset and sunrise photos. It seems that sunsets and sunrises are beautiful all across our world!
Beautiful old church, Kelli!
It is hard to catch up sometimes, isn't it, billyporter? :o) You are cooler there than we are. Right now it is 52*F on my back porch.

I snapped a couple of pics of trees when I went out a little earlier.
Here's the one with the yellow leaves only they look more orangey in the photo--must be the angle of the afternoon sun..

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 7, 2007
11:03 PM

Post #4169005

and here is one down the street in the other direction from my house

Thumbnail by marsue

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 7, 2007
11:19 PM

Post #4169050

The first one is a ginko, but you might already know that.
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 8, 2007
12:13 AM

Post #4169206

Sharon: Your butterfly is a sulphur and I'm pretty sure it's a "Cloudless Sulphur".
Rann: OUr sunrise/sunset times are the same as Sharon's. Comes up bout 645Am and sets round 530PM. Too late and too early, imo! LOL
Dyson: What a gorgeous little granddaughter!
Adina: I do love that maple tree. Pretty sunrise, too.
Marsue: Wow! That's an amazing yellow tree.

No frost last night, but ...
Currently at 715PM, it's 46F on my back porch. Freeze warning tonight. (Too early for that, too!)
Deb
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 8, 2007
12:35 AM

Post #4169299

kelli: were you referring to the first tree picture I posted? If so, I did not know what kind of tree it is.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2007
12:38 AM

Post #4169308

3pm ~ sure wish this gray day would finally produce the predicted snow. It's 34*, very windy and clouds 3/4 down the mtside. Very dim light.
Dyson~ your gd is so pretty;
Prissy sure was having fun, and you did well getting that expression on "film" :)
adina~looks nice there, the moon/sunrise/sunset pics are very nice. Sleet, not so nice.
marsue~oh so pretty; the golden leaves are just beautiful.
kelli~the church is picture perfect, the setting is just great.
rann~"fairly calm" sounds ok :))
Like there, quakes are frequent but only those in this area, of 2.5 or more, are reported on the local weather site. Today's list has a 2.8; a 3.2; and a 2.5.
12-06
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 8, 2007
12:57 AM

Post #4169375

Good pic of the hockey players, Kiska. Is any of your crew on that team?

Tomorrow afternoon my DH and I have to drive up to my MIL's house 65 miles from here. We will spend the night with her so we can have her to the Surgery Center in Conway-35 miles from her house--by 9 a.m. on Friday. They will put a scope down her throat and look around in her stomach to see if she has an ulcer that has not shown up in previous tests.
Anyway, it will probably be Friday night before I will be able to "talk" with you guys again.
Have a good day tomorrow and Friday, too.!

Here's our local forecast:
Tonight: Generally clear. Low 36F. Winds light and variable.
Tomorrow: Mainly sunny. Warmer. High 69F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow night: A mostly clear sky. Low near 45F. Winds light and variable.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2007
1:15 AM

Post #4169424

Today was cooooollldd!! This morning it was 21* although there was only a light frost on my truck. lol. Heavy frost on ground though! It warmed up to low 50s but I still had to wear a coat cause the wind was so cold at times.

Took this last month on my way home from a RU.

Thumbnail by pepper23

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 8, 2007
1:55 AM

Post #4169558

We are still getting intermittent frosts. Nothing hard yet. Currently 35 and winds have died down a bit.
Dyson, what a beautiful healthy looking grandchild. My DH and I have grandchildren and greatgrandchildren from two marriages. They are all our stock, and our family. I think sometimes you do the world a favor when you mix and stir those genes a bit. LOL
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2007
2:03 AM

Post #4169605

marsue~wishing your MIL well w/exam; been there,done that and it all paid off. Have a safe trip.
The player in the blue jersey, w/ 9 showing, is our oldest gson.
se_eds~ glad the winds have died down; sure going strong here.
pepper23~what a pretty evening pic. very nice. RU/as in DG reunion?
dark, cold and windy...some moisture now so hopefully it's going to become snow.
Kiska
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2007
2:08 AM

Post #4169630

Yep, RU stands for Roundup and it happens somewhere all the time. It is a gathering of DG members who get to meet and really become fast friends.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2007
4:01 AM

Post #4170080

Adina...Some release the fish while others keep them. A lot of people have them smoked. I really like your pink and blue sunset photos.

Sharona...Jeff is doing well and recovering much faster then normal. Your dog photo is a hoot!

We had our first lake effect snow of the season yesterday. We didn't get much but just to the north of us they got hammered pretty good. Lots of trees down, accidents and power outages. The fall colors are still good here--kind of unusual for this late in the season.

I've been wanting to check out the bike trail at Ohiopyle State Park so I camped overnight Sunday and it was extremely cold. Went for a long bike ride the next morning and the autumn scenery was very nice.

Photo : Sunrise over Ohiopyle State Park

early_bloomer

This message was edited Nov 7, 2007 11:01 PM

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2007
4:02 AM

Post #4170084

Along the trail...

early_bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2007
4:03 AM

Post #4170093

And finally, some fall color last weekend near my home.

early_bloomer

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2007

Post #4170562

Adina I love your pics! The tree Amazing!
Kelli The church is beautiful!
Marsue The gold tree is glorious! I hope your Mother does well on her medical tests.
Deb And that is why I can never think of the name of the butterfly Cloudless Sulphur just doesnt sound like a butterfly name to me! LOL!!
Kiska The hockey players look like they are having a great time!
Pepper Brrr Im cold just thinking about your temps! Love the sky pic.
E_B Your pics are always wonderful! Once again I cant pick a favorite!

50.7 F / 10.4 C - My porch thermometeris reading 45*
Clear
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 31 F / -0 C
Wind Gust: 10.1 mph / 16.3 km/h

Today
Partly cloudy and breezy near the coast. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds 10 to 15 mph inland...15 to 20 mph along the coast.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2007
11:00 AM

Post #4170566

Dark 26(F)

Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 28 F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 2.0 mph
Pressure: 30.29 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2007
11:27 AM

Post #4170589

Good morning!

It's cold and breezy this morning, 39F and 11 mph winds gusting to 26 mph. It's partly cloudy so there is some intermittent sunlight which is pretty nice ;-)

Great photos everyone! Sorry I don't have time to comment on each one.

Sharon - yes the weather service has a weekly earthquake report on their website - they also have a map with recent quakes.

Rann

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 8, 2007
11:49 AM

Post #4170616

Good morning! Talk about frost! We have a massive one! I'm glad I covered my mums! My deck has a white sheen to it.

Sharon, Your White Ghost is looking so Good! :D
E_B, You continually amaze me w/ your Pics! WOW!
Deb, What a Beautiful Orchid! And you used a flashlight?
Adina, What a Beautiful Maple! :D
Marsue, Hope that your MIL's EGD goes well. Love the trees! Really pretty.
HI Sally! :D
Dyson, You have me confused, too! LOL ~ But your GD is a real pretty girl! :D
Kelli, What a pretty Church! Most now days are bricked.
Rann, Is it normal to have lots of tremors? But I know that you have the geothermal thing goin' on...Oops, guess you answered that question, while I was typing! :D
Pepper, You certainly have a Gorgeous setting for work! :D

Fair 25F
Feels like: 25F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 25
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 6:54 AM
Sunset: 5:18 PM

Todays weather trivia is...
What type of weather typically causes the most deaths each year?
a) Lightning
b) Tornadoes
c) Flooding
d) Extreme Heat
(didn't we ahve this one not too loong ago?)

Have a Great Day! Al!
Joey

This message was edited Nov 8, 2007 6:51 AM

Thumbnail by music2keep

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2007
8:11 PM

Post #4172315

11am, snow/wind and no sunshine. But, a great day anyway~~It snowed last night, but not at the moment, so at least it's nice and clean again.
35* and dripping.
E_B~~what a beautiful setting for your bike ride.
MySharona~it looks as if the plant has been hand-carved from soapstone; very pretty.
M2K~~ bet you had a windshield to scrape with such a heavy frost. Has is warmed up? If that's Peter's Mt., it's looking just wonderful.
rann~hope the winds die down a bit; sure does add a lot to the windchill.
Thanks, pepper, Roundup, not reunion, makes more sense.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 8, 2007
9:44 PM

Post #4172680

68F and semi-sunny here at the house.

Updated: 12:51 PM PST on November 08, 2007
60 F / 16 C
Haze
Humidity: 72%
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h / 2.6 m/s from the SSE

DH got his new car today. Our first choice in color was red. They didn't have that in stock and DH didn't feel like waiting around so he got the green. The car is a Honda CR-V. You can see a tiny bit of my car in the lower left corner. It is so short compared to DH's car, I feel like I'm sitting on a skateboard.

Thumbnail by Kelli

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2007
11:35 PM

Post #4173140

Joey Thanks! Frost Brrrrr!!
Kiska The berries in the snow is so pretty!
Kelli Love the new ride!

58.1 F / 14.5 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 37 F / 3 C
Wind Gust: 3.1 mph / 5.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Steady)

Tonight
Mostly clear. Low 43 coast. North winds 5 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2007
1:02 AM

Post #4173456

I could not believe 22 deg on the porch this AM. Guess this is the first 'killing' frost we got. Quickly warmed up, cooled down and is currently 29 degrees. Predicted showers/snow showers for the next 2 days. Then up into the 50's for next week. typical fall weather.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 9, 2007
2:29 AM

Post #4173764

Went back up to the 60s today. Will be there most of the week. Back into the 50s for a couple days but that's it. Bizarre weather. lol.

Here is the companion pic to the last one. Same place, same day just a few degrees over to capture the sun.

Thumbnail by pepper23

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 9, 2007
3:08 AM

Post #4173881

Sharon: 'Cloudless sulphur" - so odd; that's why I always remember it! LOL.
E-B: More amazing light and color from you. Beee-utiful.
Pepper: Love that pic. We're supposed to warm up similarly over the weekend. Weather!
Se-eds: 22~!? Yikes.
We didn't get our freeze they predicted last night. Low was 33F. Expecting frost tonight. Then warming up again.
Currently 38 and clear skies. (Still - no - rain.)
Sunset this evening...
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2007
9:15 AM

Post #4174525

Good morning!

It's 40F, raining and almost calm :-) Only 4 mph from the south, gusting to 11 mph.
Sunrise will be in about 20 min at 9:36 and sunset will be at 4:47.

Deb - since the sun's setting before 6 pm - you're allowed to complain ;-) lol Did you get a freeze ?

I managed to fracture a bone in my left foot on Wednesday so I'll be limping around for the next 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately my right hip is acting up too - so I'm having a hard time sitting as well. Which is the reason I haven't had much time at the computer lately. On the bright side I didn't get a cast so I can still go swimming ;-) It was VERY cold limping out to the pool yesterday. LOL And to top it all off DH is on a business trip until Saturday so I'm alone with the girls ... It hasn't been a very good week ...

Great photos everyone!

This photo was taken yesterday around 3:45 pm.

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2007
10:49 AM

Post #4174561

Se_eds Oooooh 22* Brrrrrrr!
Pepper Great picture!
Deb Great picture too! Love those pink skies!
Rann Another great picture! I hope you recover quickly from your injuries. I know this is easier said than done (esp w/DH out of town), but try to take it easy. Do you have any Advil or Aleve you can take for the aches and pains?

44.8 F / 7.1 C
Clear
Dew Point: 41 F / 5 C
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Rising)

Today
Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

We've dropped a couple of degrees since I've been up. It's 43* on the porch now. I just liked the way the light was hitting the trees.

Thumbnail by MySharona

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2007
12:00 PM

Post #4174641

Thanks Sharon :-) I can get some rest while the girls are in school - I'm parked in the Lazy Boy ;-) lol Great photo! :-)

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2007
5:00 PM

Post #4175573

Aren't Lazy Boys great??
So far it's sunny and still no need to even cover the coleus.
Sharon is keeping everyone posted on my weather too.
I so enjoy the pictures and as I have been collecting hand dyed cottons as backgrounds for those senic quilts. The pictures inspire me.
I will certainly ask final permission if I duplicate any one picture.
Just beautiful here.
Chilly in the morning, but sunny all day.
My guess is Tornados, Joey.
Sidney
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2007
5:08 PM

Post #4175599

Sunny, Bright Gray Skies 49(F)

Looks like all of the moisture is going to miss us again.

Sue wants cornbread to go with the crock-pot of chili I made yesterday. So I guess I need to go make cornbread or face her wrath when she gets home.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 9, 2007
8:02 PM

Post #4176151

Sharon,love the sun looking like a star!
Deb,Pepper, such beautiful skies!
Rann, I'm sorry to hear about your leg and hip,take care and rest,we'll be waiting until you can post safely! I'm sure the girls are helping you a lot!Great pic!
Kelli,your DH's car is great,love the color!
E_B, wonderful pics!
Joey, you have such a beautiful view on those mountains!
Kiska,love your snow pics! Quakes?!I'm scared of them! We have small ones too frequently,but also some big ones which scared the @#$%^&*(out of us!
Marsue,such beautiful colors!
So cold here too, forecast is we're expecting hail and strong wind tomorrow...yeah,on week-end!
Here's yesterday's sunset!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 9, 2007
10:18 PM

Post #4176560

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on November 09, 2007
66 F / 19 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 56%
Dew Point: 50 F / 10 C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h / 4.1 m/s from the South

I have a bunch of narcissus bulbs - just a wild guess, I'd say there are 25. They are either paperwhites, single tazetta narcissus, or double tazetta narcissus, or any combination of the above. Some bulbs are blooming size, some are probably not. They naturalize in this climate. Also, I have a handful of sparaxis - again, some blooming size and some not. If anyone wants them, they're yours for the cost of postage (money order or currency). If you're interested, D-mail me with your zip code and I'll find a box and weigh them and tell you what the postage will be.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2007
11:58 PM

Post #4176852

Dyson How did that cornbread turn out? I made some a couple of days ago to go with my homemade red beans & rice.
Adina Gorgeous sunset! Try to stay warm this weekend. Sounds like the perfect time to snuggle up with a good book!

52.7 F / 11.5 C
Clear
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 32 F / 0 C

Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 40s inland...in the mid 40s coast. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

One of our canopy roads.

Thumbnail by MySharona

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 10, 2007
1:07 AM

Post #4177063

Sunset will be in less than an hour; 4:35; loss of 5m23seconds; the day has been gray, in the 30's, so not bad for this time of year. Icy parking lots and our driveway are real bother and we could use a lot more snow.
rann~ get well soon; does the swimming help w/hip pain? Take care and I'll bet the girls love to help you. I like your pic and see the streel lights were on.
MySharona~what pretty drives; the canopy is fantastic.
Love the sunset Adina; such brilliant color is quite beautiful.
Dyson; yumm to the cornbread; we're doing crock pot roast w/veggies. There are usually 7 for dinner, sometimes more, and with 2 hockey games tonight, crockpot meal is perfect.
kelli ~ oh how I wish I could take advantage of the offer; they are such pretty flowers. Nice looking new car in the garage; I noticed yours, too :))
Sugarweed~collecting hand dyed fabric must be a very interesting quest. Have you collected at all the towns you've worked in? All over the country?
Holly making herself right at home at DH desk.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 10, 2007
1:11 AM

Post #4177072

Rann: No freeze and no frost either. I like it when the weatherman gets that part wrong. It'll happen soon though since there are no clouds - at all - to keep things warm. Sorry to hear about your injury. Must be difficult to deal with a busted left foot when you're right hip is hurting. I hope you heap up soon!
Adina: Wow - great fiery sky! Stay warm and cozy.
Joey: I'm guessing "excessive heat". ??
Kelli: Sounds like you have nice calm and comfy weather.
Sharon: I love those roads with the big old oaks. Very pretty.
Kiska: What a pretty cat. Why do they always want to sit on your paperwork. I've always wondered that.

49F and still...and dry...and Dysondark.
Highs going to be in the 60s and lows round 40 for the weekend. So no more frost/freeze warnings for a bit.
Need rain!

This is that same orchid that I shot by flashlight the other night. It's in the kitchen now with much better lighting. :)
Deb

This message was edited Nov 9, 2007 8:13 PM

Thumbnail by DebinSC

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 10, 2007
1:17 AM

Post #4177097

Deb~~ohhhh that's pretty. Love the rich color. Good question, why do cats love paperwork including the newspaper :))
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 10, 2007
1:29 AM

Post #4177148

RAIN! we are getting Rain!
Dark, 48(F) & Raining

The cornbread and the chili came out good.

Relative Humidity: 71%
Wind: 240 (WSW) at 5mph
Pressure: 29.97in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 28F
Yesterday's High Temp: 48F
Dew Point: 40
Ceiling: 6500ft
Heat Index: 49
Wind Chill: 47
6hr Low Temp: 50F
6hr High Temp: 54F
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2007
2:32 AM

Post #4177373

High temp was 42 dropped down to 37 degrees and has been windy and rainy all day. We'll take it. We had an all day rain and it is still raining - not gully washer type, just gentle persistent cold soaking rain. It is supposed to last all night and maybe into tomorrow morning.

Why couldn't it have done this when it was warm and sunny????

It was the kind of a day to plant daylily seeds in shoeboxes. I needed a day like that.
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 10, 2007
2:57 AM

Post #4177454

Yay! Rain in VA and PA!! Gives me hope. :)
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2007
10:32 AM

Post #4178029

Good morning!

Thanks for the well wishes - my foot has improved a lot - doesn't really hurt that much if I don't put pressure on the fractured part of it ;-) The hip is giving me more pain - it's really suffering from the added pressure of the injured foot. t was a bit better yesterday so I'm hoping it'll keep improving ... the Lazy Boy IS great ;-) LOL

It's nearly calm, partly cloudy and 40F. Winds from the north at 4 mph gusting to 11 mph. There is a possiblity of some rain showers today according to the forecast. Looks like this could be a temting day to go outside and put up a few more shelters around my roses if it stays dry ... I really need to get those done.

Sunrise was at 9:39 and sunset will be at 4:44.

Deb - beautiful orchid :-) Mine are starting to flower too ;-) You're so right it's very impractical to injure a left foot when the right hip is out of order ... lol

Kiska - I love the photo of Holly. Cats pick the strangest places to take a nap in ;-) lol

Sharon - great photo - love that canopy :-)

Adina - beautiful sunset !

Hope you all have a great day! DH is coming home today - what a relief that will be :-)

Rann

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2007
10:45 AM

Post #4178038

Kiska Im making crock pot - pot roast tonight! Bought the roast last night price. I love a deal! Holly looks comfy on the desk. They do love to get right in your working area! She looks like Baxter and Boos mama Sweetie. She was a sweet heart. I love the drive to work.
Kelli If you have any left over bulbs let me know!
Deb Because were paying too much attention to something of than them! Its all about The Cat! LOL!! Right now I have Baxter to the left, Callie on my lap and Boo to the right. Sigh. At least my lap is warm! What I dont understand is why Baxter feels the need to chew up parts of my newspaper grrrrrr! The Dendrobium is beeeyouteeful!
Dyson YAY! RAIN! How exciting! I think Dyson needs to post his chili recipe. What do yall think?!
Se-eds A good soaker! I love them!
Deb- Hoping you get some much needed rain too soon!

50.0 F / 10.0 C
Clear
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 33 F / 1 C
Wind Gust: 4.9 mph / 7.9 km/h
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers (I always wondered, How do they know the visibility if it's DysonDark?)!! LOL - just kidding!

Today
Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

We missed a heck of a sunset last night all shades of yellow and orange. DH was exhausted after work and I knew I was going to miss it (too busy hitting the sales - I love a good sale). Darn, maybe tonight well have a pretty one.

All those beautiful curls are gone and in place is a handsome young man. I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 10, 2007
11:10 AM

Post #4178056

40(F) Dark & the rain stopped, I'll go out and look at the gauge after the widely scattered intermittent light period passes for the morning.

Actually Sharon, I worked on a piece of equipment (long ago and far away) that we referred to as a "fog finder". A bulb is fired with a strobe of modulated voltage, next to that, w/optical separation a photo sensor collects the light which is reflected back by any type of cloud cover. The signal from the photo sensor is run through a comparator circuit to eliminate spurious light sources and the amount of signal left would determine if there was enough fog present to engage the "Fog Horn" on the lighthouse or buoy the equipment was mounted on. Because of the modulation/elimination system the equipment worked day or night. Of course now they just use RADAR.

Relative Humidity: 63%
Wind: 310 (NW) at 9mph
Pressure: 30in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 38F
Yesterday's High Temp: 54F
Dew Point: 32
Ceiling: 4700ft
Heat Index: 44
Wind Chill: 39
6hr Precip: 0.01in
6hr High Temp: 50F

Edited to say: now at 7:00am Light, overcast & the rain gauge indicates that we picked up .1 in of rain, everything outside is wet & cold.

This message was edited Nov 10, 2007 7:01 AM
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 10, 2007
1:21 PM

Post #4178276

Dyson: The cold part doesn't sound so good, but the wet part is great!
Sharon: He is indeed a very handsome young man. Seems to happen all of a sudden, sometimes, doesn't it.:)
Rann: 40F is pretty good, isn't it? Glad your foot's improved but don't overdo it in the garden. Let DH take care of the roses when he gets home! ;->

Arizona Sunny and 47F. Heading up to a balmy 68. Soaker hose is on.
Going to plant some bulbs and pansies.

Deb

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2007
2:58 PM

Post #4178571

Good Morning! We have a damp morning w/42. The rain-o-meter says 1/4 inch. A great morning for cutting up deer meat! :D DB got one & I'm so glad that he likes to share! :D

Cloudy43F
Feels like: 35F
Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 34
Humidity: 70%
Visibility: 7 miles
Wind: 15 mph NW
Sunrise: 6:57 AM
Sunset: 5:16 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Dyson, The chili & cornbread sound good! But I'll need to do something w/the deer meat...Stew! :D
Deb, I hope you get some rain soon...want me to do some dancin'? :D That Orchid is Stunning! :D
Kiska, We had one Heck of a frost! I went out & turned all the heat buttons on high & left it runnin! ~ So much for "going green"! Love the red berries against the snow! :D Really makes me think of Christmas! :D And Miss Holly looks totally relaxed! :D The mountain pic is East River Mtn. It is separated from Peters Mtn. by the New River. I think eons ago they used to be the same mtn.
Sharon, I hate you missed the sunset, but the "no-more-curls" pic is great! It looks as if he misses them! ;) And the "shady lane" pic is Great! :D
Rann, Glad the foot is getting better! & DH is coming home! :D What kind of shelters do you put over your roses?
Kelli, Love DH's new ride! I think those are really neat. Will he let you ride? ;)

The answer to the trivia is...C
Drownings, caused by flash flooding continue to be one of the most deadly weather hazards.

Todays trivia is...
Scientists have discovered forms of lightning that leap from the tops of storms towards space. What are they called?
a) Elfs and gnomes
b) Ball and chain lightning
c) Sprites and pixies
d) Inverts and ionites

Have a Great Weekend! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 10, 2007
3:05 PM

Post #4178595

Joey: looks like I'm going to get today's trivia wrong, too! LOL. I guess, "C" - Sprites and pixies. And yes, please dance. Here's the same orchid back lit this morning. I love the translucence and the way it changes in different light.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2007
3:21 PM

Post #4178648

Oh! Deb! And I thought the other 2 pics were Great! WOW That shows every vein! :-O And I'll do some major dancin'!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 10, 2007
3:51 PM

Post #4178787

Good morning and it's good to see that the rain is there for some places that need it. Maybe Deb, for you too.
It's 30*, dark with sunrise at 8:51; sets at 4:28. loss of 5m20seconds.
rann~glad you're doing better and that your DH will home. The Lazy Boy seems like a great place for most of the day.
MySharona~~being surrounded by your kitties sounds very pleasant. The haircut really looks great; he is very handsome.
Dyson~~so that's how a fog horn works; love the explanation; not that I fully understand, but did enjoy it.
m2keep~~thanks for the name of the mt..the New River is the more historical one, isn't it? Learning some of the geography of DG friends is an additional benefit; now, weather trivia is something else altogether>)) how about D?
Deb~~the blossom just can't go wrong; what a beauty in all types of light.
Just before sunrise 9:'ish. (but not today's photo)
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 10, 2007
5:54 PM

Post #4179148

Rann, I'm glad your foot is improving. It's an awful thing when you can't get around.

Great orchid, Deb. I've thought about trying to grow one here but I think it is too dry, at least for part of the year. I know I could mist them, but I won't be a slave to my plants.

It's sunny, so it will warm up.

Updated: 8:51 AM PST on November 10, 2007
56 F / 13 C
Clear
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 48 F / 9 C

... A fast moving storm system will bring some rain to southwestern
California Sunday...

... Potential for strong winds and very low relative humidities over
portions of southwestern California Sunday night through Tuesday...

Typical weather system for this time of year - a wimpy rain shower followed by Santa Ana winds. (I can't imagine that Saint Anne - traditional name for the mother of Mary - likes having her name associated with these winds.)

Floss silk tree logs - perhaps the strangest thing you'll see today.

Thumbnail by Kelli

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 10, 2007
6:02 PM

Post #4179170

kelli~not only strange, but lethal looking as well. What will you replace it with? Looks like quite a storm brewing w/that forecast.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2007
6:03 PM

Post #4179175

Thanks everyone - We're all adjusting to the new haircut!
Dyson Interesting! I had no idea it was that cumbersome of a job before radar. How long did it take to get the readings (before radar)?
Deb Yes it does! Now I look up at him and hes only 15! Ill help Joey with the rain dance. Love the latest pic of the dendrobium!
Joey Justin is feeling a little bald right now! LOL! Its quite a change for him as well. How is our JW doing today? Your mountain pics are gorgeous! I really think the answer to this is C, but scientists will give them some term like D. So I say C&D are one and the same! LOL!!
Kiska Great picture!
Kelli I agree! That probably is the strangest thing Ill see today! At least you'll get some rain (hopefully).

71.6 F / 22.0 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 36%
Wind: 5.0 mph / 8.0 km/h / 2.2 m/s from the NW
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 77 F / 25 C
UV: 5 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 4000 ft / 1219 m

I would much rather be outside playing with the butterflies than going to work for a couple of hours. :( Boo kitty snoozin'!

Thumbnail by MySharona

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 10, 2007
6:43 PM

Post #4179272

Thanks everyone for advice,I sure did what you suggested,but only after we came back from a visit to another deposit where we went to search for the tiles and floors, on a very bad rain...yuck!
Se-eds,seems like our weather too! It has been raining all day and we're expecting sleet tonight,ugh!
Sharon, we were about in the same situation when my DS finally decided to cut his long tail!LOL Fine young man you have there!Cute Boo!
Kiska,is it already getting dark?
Rann, glad to hear you're feeling better and DH coming home!
Deb,love that red orchid!
Here's a picture of what we chose for our livingroom floors,terraces,baths and kitchen floors and walls.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 10, 2007
11:21 PM

Post #4179924

Kiska - What will we replace the floss silk tree with? At this point, probably nothing. The stump is still there and there is not place to put anything to any side of it.

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on November 10, 2007
67 F / 19 C
Clear
Dew Point: 47 F / 8 C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the SSE

We went to a cactus and succulent show at the Arboretum. Here a some pictures.

starfish flower

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 10, 2007
11:22 PM

Post #4179928

I think these are all dykia (and I don't know if I spelled that correctly).

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 10, 2007
11:23 PM

Post #4179934

general landscape view

Thumbnail by Kelli

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2007
11:25 PM

Post #4179938

Adina - Nice looking tiles! Good job!

We went to dinner at Sliders then took Prissy to the Marina. She loves to "go" anywhere! I can't pick a favorite picture. So y'all can do it for me! LOL!

62.8 F / 17.1 C
Scattered Clouds
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1 km/h
Wind Gust: 4.5 mph / 7 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Rising)
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy this evening...then mostly clear. Lows mid 40s inland...in the lower 50s coast. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

There were a bunch of people flying kites at Sliders. Here's a picture of quite a few!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 10, 2007
11:25 PM

Post #4179939

rose garden

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 10, 2007
11:26 PM

Post #4179944

a bunch of geese - A lot of geese and wood ducks spend the winter here.

Thumbnail by Kelli

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2007
11:30 PM

Post #4179951

Kelli - I love the starfish flower! Great pics!

Here's one sunset

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2007
11:31 PM

Post #4179957

These 2 seagulls were fussing at each other

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2007
11:32 PM

Post #4179960

Another sunset

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2007
11:35 PM

Post #4179969

another!

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2007
11:36 PM

Post #4179972

Jeff & Prissy

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2007
11:38 PM

Post #4179977

Bretts Cafe

This message was edited Nov 10, 2007 8:09 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2007
11:38 PM

Post #4179983

As we were leaving - one last picture

Thumbnail by MySharona

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 11, 2007
1:06 AM

Post #4180325

Kelli, like the starfish flower. I used to have a collection of stapiloids (sp?) Beautiful flowers but some of them smelled really bad.ugh!

the rain has stopped and we are in for 2 or 3 days of temps in the 50-60's. I need to put compost around the clematis vines.
Currently 40 deg, no wind or rain.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 11, 2007
2:42 AM

Post #4180682

Dark, snowing heavily at last; but still up to 31*. It's going to be another wet, heavy snowfall.
kelli~ seems you'll be doing some landscaping around the stump. I really enjoyed visit to the aboratorium; just beautiful.
adina~the tiles look great; how nice it must be to able to choose exactly what you want for your rooms.
MySharona~you've really put us to the test~~so many gorgeous photos, and, it's nice seeing Jeff and look forward to meeting you both next summer. Lucky little Prissy, too.
Today's surprise visitor; there were two, only one posed, very briefly. It was just beginning to snow at 2pm when this was taken.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2007
2:46 AM

Post #4180709

High 50s today, mostly sunny til late afternoon. Light wind til almost dark then it picked up. Still not bad out.

A bit of fall color at work. Pic taken one early morning and I am facing north. I was in my golf cart headed to the Chapel.

Thumbnail by pepper23

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 11, 2007
10:17 AM

Post #4181287

Kiska - Your moose are back! Prissy had a grand time sniffing everything on the dock. She's so cute. We look forward to meeting you as well. I'm very excited about the trip this summer!
Pepper - Great picture! It's nice to see all the colors. We only get green, yellow and brown (once in a while I'll run across some reds).

61.7 F / 16.5 C - Feels cooler than 61*
Clear
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 35 F / 2 C
Wind Gust: 4.9 mph / 7.9 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Rising)

Today
Mostly sunny. Patchy fog early in the morning. Highs around 70. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. The porch thermometer show 57*.

Thumbnail by MySharona

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2007
12:38 PM

Post #4181436

Good Morning! We have another monster frost this morning. It looks like snow in my neighbors yard!

27F
Feels like: 27F
Barometer: 30.3 in
Visibility: 3 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 6:58 AM
Sunset: 5:15 PM

Adina, You have picked some great looking tiles & indoor siding for your new house! :D I really can't wait to see it finished! :D
Kelli! Great Pics! Love them all. I was thinking that after your stump dies...you could plant some succulents in the stump! They would be most happy there! :D
Kiska, An adult moose! :D Is the baby still around?
Sharon! You've done it again! Great Shots and I saved 2 of them for a desk top, but I haven't figured out how to get JW off! LOL!
Pepper, You Do have some color coming! Hope you get somemore so you can share! ;)

The answer to the trivia is...C!!! :D
These have been filmed by space shuttle crews and sometimes are captured by satellites. No scientific names here!

Have a Great Veterans day! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2007
1:22 PM

Post #4181521

Extremely bright blu skies, 36

Sue wants to go out for breakfast this morning, & since it is too cold to do anything else.

Relative Humidity: 85%
Wind: 310 (NW) at 3mph
Pressure: 30.36in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 35F
Yesterday's High Temp: 51F
Dew Point: 28
Visibility: 6mi
Heat Index: 32
Wind Chill: 32
6hr Low Temp: 29F
6hr High Temp: 36F
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 11, 2007
2:03 PM

Post #4181590

It certainly is hard to catch up when you have been away for 3 days! I'll just say "Great photos everyone!"
Update on MIL: Nothing major--no tumor or ulcer but several little problems. She does have a hiatal hernia, which we already knew. They won't do anything about it given her age--81. Also, the opening from her esophagus into her stomach is smaller than normal so she has to cut her food into small pieces and chew it thoroughly. She is also anemic, possibly caused by AVM's in the stomach. (Too technical to explain). She will continue on RX iron tablests plus B12 shots weekly. The doc did do a biopsy on the lining of MIL's stomach because it was red-looking all around (He showed us photos--amazing what they can see with that tiny camera!) We'll have the results when we take her back on the 26th. As the doc said, nothing major, just several "little" things. She is also to continue on Nexium. I've probably given you all more info than you wanted--LOL! Thanks for the prayers on MIL's behalf.

Here's the forecast for our area for today:

Today: A few showers early, followed by isolated thunderstorms during the afternoon. High near 75F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Tonight: Partly cloudy early with increasing clouds overnight. Slight chance of a shower through the evening. Low 59F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Everybody, have a great day!
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 11, 2007
2:20 PM

Post #4181622

Dyson said..
Quoting:Sue wants to go out for breakfast this morning, & since it is too cold to do anything else.

There in a nutshell, is why I always gain weight over the winter! LOL!

44F and very bright and dry.
hi today, a lovely 65.
No frost or freeze on tap for the upcoming week (no rain either).
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 11, 2007
3:19 PM

Post #4181777

Well it looks like Sharon, Deb, and me are all under the same weather dome. It didn't get very cold here, Not going to hit 70 supposedly.
I do have a few plants that are subject to "wind chill" as they are on the street and in a long tunnel of wind.
However many are in "micro-climates" around the house.

I am loving all the pictures here. I have to look at them everyone before I start my reply as I loose it otherwise.

Rann, I stepped through an old back porch floor about 3 years ago. I was so thankful I didn't break my foot that I didn't realize I'd really hurt my shoulder. Thankfully it has fully recovered. I have noticed with the time and the heavy work I have done the last 29 years that I don't spring back near as fast. Hopefully your hip will come around quickly.
66.9 F / 19.4 C
Clear
Wind: 5.8 mph / 9 km/h from the NNE
Wind Gust: 5.8 mph / 9 km/h
I did derive that my heat should be set at 24ºC to be just right from my Canadian climate engineering machine. LOL
No freezes, a few yellow leaves.

Kiska, The Quilt show inspired me and 10" squares of hand dyed were $8.
I am having better luck on ebay. I have been collecting fabrics for the last 10 years from every where just saving for retirement. My middle room is entirely for fabric and craft supplies. I am going to be washing and drying some everyday through the winter.
30 years ago almost to the date I did about 20 Batiks. I have also ebay purchased dyes that I was familiar with so I can do some of those.
Have a wonderful Fall day
;)
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 11, 2007
4:16 PM

Post #4181969

7am, 29*, dark, however, the snow is doing well at reflecting any light so it's very pretty, sunrise:8:55 set: 4:30.
After dinner, it was just me and 6 yr. GD, so I went outside and scooped up a bowlful of snow, brought it back and topped it w/choc syrup, cinnamon sugar and whipped cream; I wish you could have seen her look at me as if I was top chef. That bowl of snow made us both very happy.
sugarweed; With the years of collecting, bet you can hardly wait till retirement to dig into the fabric and start creating. Certainly sounds like an awesome collection. Batik is so intriguing and pleasing to look at.
marsue~glad all went well, more or less, and hope the other results will be fine, too.
Deb~looks like a good day going on weatherwise. Seeing the group of gorgeous orange leaves amongst the green, is very pretty.
Dyson~breakfast out is a good thing :) Blue skies are equally good.
pepper~how nice to see that scene each day you go to work.
m2k~Sounds like it's time to start allowing time to scrape the windshields before heading out. Certainly nice to see though with the magical changes in all it covers. Love the photo, too.
We haven't seen the little moose, but evidence is that one has been here, stripping the leaves from the raspberries and currants and nibbling twigs.
MySharona~what a view; and highs to the 70's sounds quite tolerable.
taken yesterday; the black and white days are pretty in their own way.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Indy
Alexandria, IN
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2007
4:19 PM

Post #4181982

Thunderstorms this morning with over an inch of rain so far...chilly too.

Except for some greens and broccoli, things are done outdoors...except for the leaves which are slow to come down.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 11, 2007
6:47 PM

Post #4182395

Thanks guys,I hope I can get the tiles I want because we haev to pay some more for those.
It's been so sunny today,but windy! Sleet forecasted tonight again.
At sunset.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2007
7:01 PM

Post #4182455

Good evening!

It's been cloudy and fairly calm earlier today, now the wind's picking up and it's started raining. 24 mph winds from the SE, gusting to 44 mph and 43F.

Adina - the tiles look good! :-) Pretty sunset too :-)

Sharon - great sunset photos!

Thanks Kelli - great photos from the arboretum. Very interesting succulents.

Thanks for the well wishes too Sidney. I'm getting really sick of the hip pain - the foot isn't that bad at all. Although the Lazy Boy is very nice - I hate the fact that I'm not getting anything done while I'm parked in it ... Someone asked if the swimming helped - it sure does since it's the only excersise I can get in the state I'm in ;-)

Hope you all have a great day :-)

Rann

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 11, 2007
7:12 PM

Post #4182478

Rann, sorry you're hurting , lucky your DH is at home and you can rest...I hope!

I just received these clouds pictures and wanted to share it with you...Sharon, I know you'll love it! This is what they said:

Jorn Olsen works for the Dutton-Lainson Co. in Hastings,
NE, and lives by Heartwell Park next to Hastings College
The stadium lights are at the Hastings College stadium
just east of his home.
The clouds are called Mammatus clouds... They do not
precede a tornado, or foretell a storm, but are formed
when the air is already saturated with rain droplets
and/or ice crystals and begins to sink. The worst of the
storm is usually over when these kind of clouds are seen.
They are quite rare, but really beautiful.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 11, 2007
7:14 PM

Post #4182485

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 11, 2007
7:17 PM

Post #4182493

Thumbnail by adinamiti

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 11, 2007
8:21 PM

Post #4182692

Joey 27*!!!! Brrrr! Glad you like the pictures we really enjoy going the to watch the sunsets. What kind of flower is that?
Dyson How was breakfast?
Marsue Welcome Back! So glad your MIL is doing well. Well keep her in our prayers.
Deb I always have to shed that winter coat in March!
Sidney I cant wait to see the quilt!
Kiska A true snow-cone! Sounds delicious! I would have had the same look on my face! We never made it to the 70s. We stayed around 67-68 most of the day. You didnt take the picture in black and white? Very cool!
Indy Welcome! Send some of that rain to Dyson and Deb!
Rann Enjoy the pampering while it lasts! Although I do hope your hip and foot heal quickly.
Adina WOW! Those clouds are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

67.1 F / 19 C
Scattered Clouds
Dew Point: 38 F / 3 C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3 km/h from the NNE
Wind Gust: 6.7 mph / 10 km/h
Pressure: 30.27 in / 1024.9 hPa (Falling)
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4500 ft / 1371 m

Remember the picture I took of Jeff with his head in the shark about a month or so back? The "shark" is on the left side of the picture - you can see the tail sticking up in the air. It's been there for years. The employees of the marina keep it painted and maintained. It's quite the tourist attraction!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 11, 2007
8:27 PM

Post #4182713

We've been getting a little bit of drizzle, and I do mean little. If it keeps up like this all day, we might get a gallon of rain in the barrel. Note that it is never warm when it rains here.

Updated: 11:51 AM PST on November 11, 2007
58 F / 14 C
Haze
Humidity: 75%
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h / 2.6 m/s from the SSE

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2007
10:36 PM

Post #4183122

Adina - WOW! Those clouds are amazing! I've never seen anything like it, thanks for sharing :-)

Thanks Sharon - beautiful photo of the marina :-)

Deb - sorry I forgot to answer your question earlier ... 40F isn't bad at all for November ;-) I did manage to wrap up 5 roses yesterday ... DH isn't of much use in the garden so I'll have to take care of the shelters myself. Fortunately the temps will be above freezing all next week .

Joey - you asked what I used for sheltering the roses : up until now I've used burlap. I'm experimenting with insulation wool this year for the most tender ones. I've heard it makes good shelters - we'll have to wait until spring to see how they work out ;-)

Kiska - nice to see the moose are back :-) Glad you got some snow finally - it does make everything brighter :-) Nothing but rain in the forecast here for the next week unfortunately :-(

Rann

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 11, 2007
10:55 PM

Post #4183202

Great leaf photo, Deb.
Sharon, as usual your sunset photos are stupendous!
Kiska, I had to look twice to find the moose's antlers--at first I thought it was a bear--LOL. I was watching Iron Will on the Hallmark channel last night and it made me think of you and Alaska and the Iditerod (sp?) dog race.
Hope you are soon feeling better, Rann. I fell out my back door back in 1993 and turned my left foot under-- immediately a knot come up on the top of my foot like a tennis ball. Took 6 weeks of PT and I hobbled around on crutches for a while. I certainly empathize with you.
Adina, those are the most amazing cloud formations! Reminds me of the Pillsbury Doughboy--do you know about the Pillsbury Doughboy, Adina? If not, any of us here in the U.S. can explain it to you. I hope your selections for the tiles and flooring all turn out exactly like you want them to. We will look forward to seeing pictures once they are installed.
Today was a gorgeous day so DH and I drove over to some property we own in another county about 35 miles from here. That property is covered with moss-covered rocks which we are using to line our flower beds. We picked up a truck load of rocks or rather, DH picked up a truckload of rocks. I also took a couple of photos which show the remaining bit of color on the trees. We have not had a very colorful autumn this year, unfortunately. Here's the first photo.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 11, 2007
10:57 PM

Post #4183213

Here's another photo of the trees on our property.

Thumbnail by marsue

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 11, 2007
11:18 PM

Post #4183280

marsue~the colors look fine from here, but if it's not what you're used to, I understand.
The nearby town of Wasilla, about 12 miles, is home of the Iditarod. It was founded by two local residents in 1967. Joe Reddington was/is known as the father of the Iditarod. Dorothy Page was the Wasilla historian.
28*~~Snow is piling up and the driveway will need plowed again :)
rann-glad you're feeling well enough to get the roses protected. Very important job to be done.
kelli~bet the rain smells great; and if it's a gallon that falls, so much the better. Is it raining in the area that you go hiking, or too soon to know?
MySharona~yes, I do recall the photo, and I recall showing my young Gkids and they were awe-struck; very pretty photo/marina. No, I don't need to use black/white, nature does it far better than I ever could.
adina ~what an unusual and awesome set of cloud photos; thanks for sharing those.
I did convert this one to black/white just for fun.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 11, 2007
11:36 PM

Post #4183350

Kiska, it should be raining in the area where we go hiking. If anything, they get a little more rain than we do.
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 12, 2007
12:06 AM

Post #4183485

That should make for a prettier walk later on.
;)
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2007
1:41 AM

Post #4183885

Adina - what a beautiful and unusual set of cloud pictures. Thanks so much for sharing.

Dyson - It doesn't hurt to go out for breakfast. I took my DH out for lunch today - as he is a WWII veteran - 81-1/2 yrs.old. We had absolutely delicious ground sirloin burgers on fresh made Italian rolls with cheese, onions and tomatoes and lettuce. No cholesterol counting today.

This AM was wind still, 40 deg and I was out spreading composted manure around the clematis vines. I was disappointed with their progress this summer - new in spring - so hope this will help them next year.

It is supposed to be wind still and a tiny bit warmer tomorrow. Maybe I can get garden beds diagrams done. - Before the snow covers up the labels. LOL
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 12, 2007
2:01 AM

Post #4183946

Se_eds you and DH are an inspiration. The Clemantis are pretty firm with first year they sleep, second year they creep, and third year they leap.
They are certainly worth waiting for.
Sidney
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 12, 2007
2:08 AM

Post #4183973

se_eds~from the heart: thank you's to your husband for his service.
Hope you get the diagraming finished before the snow flies.
kelli~as sugarweed says, bet the rain will start things greening up quickly.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2007
9:45 AM

Post #4184567

Good morning!

It's raining, just a bit breezy and 46F now at 9:40 am. 6 mph winds from the south, gusting to 11 mph. It's starting to get light out - sunrise will be in 6 min. at 9:46 and sunset will be at 4:38 pm.

Kelli - glad that you got some rain :-) Does seem a bit chilly there ;-)

Kiska - I hope I manage to get them all done ... I have so many left. That's what I get for planting far too many roses! lol ;-)

Have a great day everyone!

Rann
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 12, 2007
12:09 PM

Post #4184706

Dark. Supposed to rain and be in the 60s.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2007

Post #4184715

Light w/clouds 47(F)

Relative Humidity: 56%
Wind: 0 (N) at 5mph
Pressure: 30.27in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 29F
Yesterday's High Temp: 54F
Dew Point: 32
Heat Index: 47
Wind Chill: 45
6hr Low Temp: 44F
6hr High Temp: 49F
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 12, 2007
12:29 PM

Post #4184735

Kelli Its never warm here when it rains. Why?
Rann Thanks! Ive never heard of insulation wool. Something Ill have to learn about. Good Luck with it!
Marsue Thanks! I think your Fall colors are great!
Kiska The moose pic in black and white is great! There is more definition to it.
Se_eds I agree with Sidney you and your DH are inspirations! A heartfelt Thank You to your DH. God Bless.
Sidney Thanks for the 1-2-3 reminder! I knew there was one, but couldnt remember how it went.

52.9 F / 11.6 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 90%
Pressure: 30.33 in / 1027.0 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 4.0 miles / 6.4 kilometers
Clouds: Few 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Highs in the lower 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 12, 2007
12:41 PM

Post #4184751

Good Morning! All! We have an ove-cast morning with rain last night!:D A much warmer night! With the killing frosts that we've had the last few days...it's time to bring in my Elephant Ears & store them.

Cloudy48F
Feels like: 44F
Barometer: 30.3 in
Dewpoint: 39
Humidity: 71%
Wind: 8 mph SW
Sunrise: 6:59 AM
Sunset: 5:15 PM

Deb, I'm dancing!...and I hope that you get some of this rain we are getting...we're supposed to get it thru Friday! :D Are those Elephant Ears? Such a Beautiful color! WOW!
Dyson? are you getting any of the rain?
Thanks, Sharon... I have no idea what that pretty little flower is. It's wild & down by the river. Your Marina! Pics! Wow! They keep getting better & Better! :D
Adina...I have Never seen cloud formations like that ! :D Wonderful! and Thanks for sharing! :D
Thanks, Kiska... Snow! :D & 'Meese'! I love the black & white effect! :D I'm glad to hear that the baby is still around...and at your house he will have plenty to eat! :D
Marsue...You've got some great color going on there! Some color is way better than 'none'! :D
Kelli, Wow! It really does cool down when you get some rain! :-O
Rann, please take care...and maybe with DH home you will be able to get a little more rest. :) The covers for the roses sounds very interesting. I don't have roses, but have been contemplating it...as they seem to be very hardy.

Todays trivia is...
What device do meteorologists use to measure relative humidity?
a) Anemometer
b) Barometer
c) Hygrometer
d) Radar

Have a Great Day! All! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2007
1:22 PM

Post #4184868

Joey: pretty cactus blooms. I'm guessing "C" for the trivia answer.
Se_eds: I echo what Kiska and Sharon said about your DH's service to his country: Thank you!
Kiska; great black and white photo. P.S. are "meese" dangerous to humans? I would think so just because of their great size.
Rann: can you get that foam plumber's insulation where you live? winterrobin in N.J. told me it was good to wrap aroung tree roses to protect them during the winter. Probably wouldn't work for regular roses, though, because of all the branches going every which way.

It's overcast here but warm: 60*F on my backporch at about 7:08 a.m. We may get some rain today--haven't had any in about 3 weeks and it is getting dry. Nothing compared to the drought in Georgia, Alabama and some of the places where some of you guys live. If you need rain, I pray that you will get it.

I took this photo a few minutes ago. These two trees are in the yard behind the house which is across the street from me. You may also notice the little tree that is growing up through the pampas grass in their front yard. I suppose they intend to let it keep growing. :o)

Thumbnail by marsue

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2007
1:56 PM

Post #4184974

The answer is "B".

marsue you have to check out:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/268893/
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 12, 2007
2:17 PM

Post #4185061

Well, I thought I made a long post yesterday, but it seems to be m.i.a. Darn!
Joey: I'm guessing C-hygrometer.
Sharon: I love your marina sunsets. I can almost hear the water lapping on the hulls and the rigging clinking against masts. Ahhhh.
Indy: Please send your rain east and south when you're done with it! :)

Sunny and 46F.
Hi today 69
Lo tonight 43
No rain forecast.

This little climber is still bloomin'
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2007
3:45 PM

Post #4185372

Dyson--thanks for the link on the "moose matador". I have been ROTFLOL ever since I read it!
and now I have my answer to the question: "Are moose dangerous?"
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 12, 2007
4:07 PM

Post #4185451

I am not exactly sure why is is never warm here when it rains. It probably has something to do with the systems coming from the north. The best systems come from Alaska. (Here that, Kiska? Send rain.)

The wind is roaring like a waterfall.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on November 12, 2007
67 F / 19 C
Clear
Humidity: 34%
Wind: 16 mph / 26 km/h / 7.2 m/s from the NNE
Wind Gust: 26 mph / 43 km/h / 11.8 m/s

DMIL is coming on Friday to stay for a week. I need to get the house cleaned up. Ah, yes, the glamour never ends here in Hollywoodland. ;-)
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 12, 2007
8:32 PM

Post #4186145

26*F~~very fine snowfall; there's about 6" and this won't add a lot to it. With luck, it will remain from now till next spring.
Sunrise: 8:58 Set: 4:27..
kellie~~sure wish we could help you out; maybe later :)) The howling winds would not be pleasant; hope nothing comes of them.
rann~~windy/raining; hope you don't need to be out in it too much.
Deb~~the yellow rose is gorgeous; hard to imagine, though, blooming this time of year. Wishing rain your way, too.
marsue~~if the link is the one from weezingreens in Seward, it's quite accurate...the trees are beautiful, close to being finished for the year?
pepper~are you off today? It's so nice to be able to see the area in which you work and I've enjoyed the pics you've posted.
Dyson~~light yet?
m2k~~B~ love the gorgeous cactus blossom; very delicate looking.
MySharona~~I'll use your sky today, ok? ~~wow. Ours is gray but it is light out.
Lilac in winter bloom. (yesterday)
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 12, 2007
11:54 PM

Post #4186723

Deb- Im dancing too! Looks like you might get some rain soon.
Joey Thanks. Neither of my Thanksgiving or Christmas cacti are blooming much less budding : ( The trivia question = A what?!! LOL! I am clueless Im going with the C because its the weirdest word in there!
Marsue I love the Fall pics! Keep them coming
Deb Your little climber is beautiful!
Keli So glad I dont have to deal with all that glamour! LOL!!
Kiska You can use any picture you want! Im happy to share pictures of the area where Im blessed to live. I love the lilac blooming in the snow!

62.6 F / 17.0 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 53 F / 12 C
Pressure: 30.27 in / 1024.9 hPa (Steady)
Clouds: Few 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Areas of dense fog after midnight. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Lows in the lower 50s inland...in the mid 50s coast. Light northeast winds.

Thumbnail by MySharona

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 13, 2007
1:15 AM

Post #4187046

Today got to almost 70 before noon then temps started dropping and the wind picked up. Cloudy all day too wih occasional mists.

Kiska, I had to work today but have tomorrow off. If I remember I will drive around and take pics. I could have used the camera at work cause I really noticed the fall color with all the cloud cover. Didn't have to wear sunglasses for the first time in I don't know how lond. lol
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 13, 2007
3:30 AM

Post #4187571

Thanks~~No matter how you look at it; the sky is gorgeous, MySharona..
pepper~have a wonderful drive and it's going to be nice seeing what's there.
Light snow;dark; 27*
July~~Wildflowers
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2007
10:01 AM

Post #4187995

Light rain, dark, 56(F)

Hope the rain continues.

Relative Humidity: 55%
Wind: 260 (W) at 10mph
Pressure: 30.09in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 43F
Yesterday's High Temp: 73F
Dew Point: 43
Ceiling: 11000ft
Heat Index: 59
Wind Chill: 59
6hr Low Temp: 59F
6hr High Temp: 63F

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 13, 2007
10:19 AM

Post #4188003

Kiska - LOL! I knew I should have looked at that picture closer before I posted it! Here it is right side up!

DysonDark

56.3 F / 13.5 C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 54 F / 12 C
Pressure: 30.24 in / 1023.9 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers
Clouds: Few 1000 ft / 304 m
Scattered Clouds 5000 ft / 1524 m

Now
Through 8 am...areas of fog will generally reduce visibilities to around 3 to 5 miles. Some dense fog is likely in a few spots with visibilities of less than half a mile. Motorists should remain alert for sudden changes in visibility and allow a safe stopping distance between you and other cars.

Today
Partly cloudy. Areas of fog early in the morning. Patchy dense fog with visibility one quarter mile or less at times is possible early in the morning. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2007
12:56 PM

Post #4188226

It will be cloudy today with a 30% chance of showers and a high of 77*F. We didn't get any rain at our house but about 4 miles away where my DGD goes to junior high, they had quite a rain shower for a short period of time. At least somebody in the area got some rain! LOL

It seems that our trees have finally decided that it is autumn. As I was out running errands yesterday afternoon, all the local trees seemed to have just "popped" with color overnight.. However, most of the really big oaks are still somewhat green and the others are just turning brown.

Kiska, that is quite a lilac "bloom". and I love the photo of the little flowers.

Sharon, I knew our world was somewhat "out of kilter" and your first photo proves it! LOL --another great sunset, BTW, or is that the sunrise?

Looking forward to more of your photos, pepper.

Tonight is the BIG GAME for my DGS, Zachary, age 7. His team went 11-0 and tonight they play in the SUPER BOWL at the high school field. Big stuff for these little guys. But my DH, aka "Pa Buddy", is more excited than the little guys on Zach's team. You would thing it was the "real" Super Bowl"! LOL I'll let you all know tomorrow who wins as I know you are all eagerly awaiting the outcome. LOL
Have a good day, everyone!

woodspirit1

woodspirit1
Lake Toxaway, NC
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2007
1:09 PM

Post #4188264

it was 50 deg. here at 8 a.m. Very warm here in the mtns. at 3200 feet. We are in a terrible drought, in a place where we normally get 80 inches of rain a year. With the extreme drainage in the mountains, we are seeing stressed trees, especially the locust trees.
When I moved here 35 years ago, we would get frost late September or surely by October 15. Now it's November. Last year we picked a few raspberries on Thanksgiving. Tooo much global change
sugarweed, I thought you lived in Charlotte and here you are posting from Jacksonville. I will never figure you out.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2007
1:24 PM

Post #4188307

Well it rained just enough to get everything good and damp, not enough to show in the gauge (or help the water table) but it is overcast, and they say there is a 40% chance of more showers today. Oh water where art though?
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2007
3:39 PM

Post #4188738

We had a bit of rain this morning and then the sun came out for a little bit. I went out and took some photos which I will share with you.

This is a view from my driveway looking north.

"a bit of rain"---that's a really technical meteorological (sp?) term! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2007
3:43 PM

Post #4188751

This is a view across my back yard toward the big oak tree on the left. The trees in this photo are not in my yard. Right after that "bit of rain" the mist was rising between the trees. You will notice that the grass is no longer green due to the heavy frost we had last week.

edited to say that I forgot this was a close-up--you can't see any grass in this photo--LOL

This message was edited Nov 13, 2007 9:45 AM

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2007
3:47 PM

Post #4188761

and here is one more--a close-up view of the pear tree right on the edge of our property in our back yard. This particular "pear" tree does not bear fruit and it has inch-long thorns on the larger branches. We would cut it down except that it is pretty in the spring and fall and it is one of two trees in our yard.

Thumbnail by marsue

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 13, 2007
9:47 PM

Post #4189870

Hot and dry, but not very windy.

Updated: 12:51 PM PST on November 13, 2007
87 F / 31 C
Clear
Humidity: 16%
Dew Point: 35 F / 2 C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h / 3.1 m/s Variable

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 13, 2007
11:26 PM

Post #4190156

Good evening!

Today was dry for a change and fairly calm as well - so compared to what we've been having lately a very decent day :-) Got some more roses wrapped up, still have a lot more to go. There's a feeze in the maps for Saturday with some hefty winds to go with it so I'll have to try to get things wrapped up before that time! Fortunately my hip's slowly improving so I'm out of the Lazy Boy ;-)

Today's high was 39F. It's now 37F, calm. It was cloudy all day. Sunrise was at 9:49 and sunset was at 4:35.

Sharon - I don't know if insulation wool is the right term - it's used for insulation in buildings.

Joey - thanks.

Marsue - thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind if I need more insulation ;-)

Have a good night all!

Rann
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 13, 2007
11:42 PM

Post #4190204

Rann: Glad you're feeling like being out of the Lazy Boy! :) And a calm day as well.
Marsue: You have some very nice fall color there. We feel the same way about our Bradford pear tree. It looks great for 2 weeks in spring and 2 weeks in fall. Otherwise...well, they don't tend to live long so if it goes, we'll plant something else.
Can't wait to hear how the big game goes!

Was sunny and 75 today. Only going down to 50 tonight. So we have a couple of days before autumn returns. Yay.
Now, if it would rain, it'd be perfect. Nothing in the forecast tho.
Deb
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 13, 2007
11:54 PM

Post #4190231

Marsue Great pictures! How did the game go?
Kelli - Im sweating just reading your temp! This is the most comfortable November in the area for at least the last 5-6 years. Im lovin it!
Woodspirit1 Welcome! Im so sorry to hear about the weather changes you are experiencing.
Joey I think we need to start dancing faster!

65.3 F / 18.5 C
Mostly Cloudy
Dew Point: 56 F / 13 C
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Falling)
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. Light winds.

We're going to get a bit warmer, but then cool down on Thursday.

Kiska - Don't look at the next 3 pics...anole alert!

This little guy has been hanging out in the shell I found a couple of years ago. Here he is getting a little sun time in.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 13, 2007
11:55 PM

Post #4190235

Dang - there's that human again"!

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 13, 2007

Post #4190236

Dang - there's that human again!

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 13, 2007

Post #4190237

Maybe she won't see me in my new house

Thumbnail by MySharona

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 14, 2007
12:06 AM

Post #4190263

Sharon: I love those little anoles. That last pick is so cute with him peeking out to see if you're still there. :)
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 14, 2007
12:12 AM

Post #4190278

Deb - Thanks - he's got the perfect spot there by the fountain.

The mystery of the double post...how does that happen?! LOL!!

Thumbnail by MySharona

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 14, 2007
12:52 AM

Post #4190397

Sun came briefly, but, now at 3:30; less than an hour till sunset and it's in hurry to be gone so the clouds have helped out. 30*F so still pretty nice.
Sunrise: 9:01 with a loss today of 5m13seconds.
rann~glad it's been faily nice there, too, and that your hip is doing better..
marsue~very pretty driveway view and the other places look great, too. Good luck to the kids in tonight's game.
woodspirit~sounds like lots of changes; but at least berries in Novemeber would be a real treat, not enough to counter the dryness, but something.
Dyson~every little bit counts somehow, just wish you get more rain to some real soaking.
MySharona~thanks for the heads up:)) I cringe when I see women with a pin in that shape, on a coat/sweater. And, then, Deb says they are so cute, so now I'm thinking I should take a look:)) briefly.
Palmer, yesterday afternoon. There was no traffic , so this is a stopped, windshield shot.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 14, 2007
12:56 AM

Post #4190416

My DH appreciated your comments and says your welcome. We had RAIN all afternoon yesterday and all night. Just a good steady slow moving storm that really soaked everything but did not run off. Total 1/2". We are so thankful as it will help restore the ground water. This AM the rain stopped and it warmer up to 63 degrees, bright and sunny, no wind. I got a chance to spread lime. Next year I will get the pellatized stuff so I don't look like a snowman when I am done. This can soak in all winter. Supposed to have a nice day tomorrow due to weather moving up through W. Va and the south. Then a really cold front sweeping in from the northwest.

I need to do one last Daylily bed - about 35' X4', weed, cut back, check labels and make a map. I don't mulch until the ground freezes so the mice and voles can't hide in the mulch.

More rain due to come on Thursday.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 14, 2007
1:04 AM

Post #4190451

se_eds~~that sounds like a very impressive flower bed; bet it's worth every bit of work.
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 14, 2007
1:18 AM

Post #4190497

Kiska: I think they're cute, but I don't want to be responsible for your cringing right into an anxiety attack! :O Don't look if you don't want. Just take my word for it. ;->
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 14, 2007
1:25 AM

Post #4190520

Deb~~No problem :)) my problem for whatever reason:) I did scroll up and look; still here doing fine:)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 14, 2007
2:51 AM

Post #4190817

Today was a nice day. Sunny, low 60s with very little wind til the end of the day. Then it picked up again. I got a bunch of pics but don't have time to download til tomorrow.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2007
9:22 AM

Post #4191332

Dark, 53(F), dry

Relative Humidity: 89%
Wind: 290 (WNW) at 5mph
Pressure: 30in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 56F
Yesterday's High Temp: 65F
Dew Point: 47
Visibility: 9mi
Heat Index: 50
Wind Chill: 48
6hr Precip: 0in
6hr Low Temp: 55F
6hr High Temp: 57F
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 14, 2007
10:49 AM

Post #4191378

Kiska - LOL! I can imagine how you aren't used to anoles anymore since they don't survive in your area. I love that they eat bugs, but I have to say it really upsets me when they get a butterfly. :(
Deb - I think they are cute too. They cause no harm (except to bugs)!

57.4 F / 14 C
Clear
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 55 F / 13 C
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 4.0 miles / 6.4 kilometers

Now
Through 8 am...areas of fog will generally reduce visibilities to around 3 to 5 miles. Some dense fog is likely in a few spots with visibilities of less than half a mile. Motorists should remain alert for sudden changes in visibility and allow a safe stopping distance between you and other cars.

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Highs around 80. West winds 5 mph shifting to the southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Yes, I just pouted when I saw the high temp today! A front will be moving through though so I can't pout much! Heading home from work

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 14, 2007
12:36 PM

Post #4191498

RAIDERS WIN SUPER BOWL--28--0! HOORAY! and now you can all breathe a sigh of relief--LOL
Those little guys sure looked small on that big field and the y played the whole 100 yards--normally they only play on 80 yards.
Sharon: so that is an anole, huh? --and all this time I have been calling them 'lizards', Ha!
great sunset photo as usual.
Kiska, would you believe our high temp was close to 80 yesterday afternoon? Would have melted your snow in a hurry!
It is supposed to be warm today, in the 70's, but cooling down over the next 2 or 3 days. I'll get the "real" forecast later.
DH has a doctor's appt. at 8:30 so we'll be out and about early this morning. Everybody have a good day!
Here's a photo of toothless Zach with his Super Bowl trophy--it is a little fuzzy-camera wasn't acting right--but you can still see it good enough.

Thumbnail by marsue

woodspirit1

woodspirit1
Lake Toxaway, NC
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2007

Post #4191539

I meant to post that being overloaded like jcangemi was part of what brought on my clinical depression. I thought I was enjoying myself, doing stuff that I loved and was worthwhile, but it got me. You take the weight of world on your shoulders operating at that level. Then all of sudden you can't do anything, you lose all your energy and feel helpless. There's a lot of worry and anxiety when you're involved in too many things. Just keeping track of appointments becomes hard.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 14, 2007
1:56 PM

Post #4191694

Yayyy, Raiders!!! :-)

Rann, I'm so glad you're feeling better. Please be careful and take lots of Lazy Boy breaks so it continues to improve.

Sharon, those anole pics were great! :-) I think they're really cute, too.

Woodspirit1, it's a fine line between being productive and being overwhelmed, isn't it? I hope your depression is being kept under control now. I've had small tastes of that dark dark hole, and it's a very bleak place to be. (((((((((hug)))))))))))) Thanks for popping in. :-)

Our weather looks a lot like Sharon's again, plus a few degrees. We're going to have a chilly front move through tonight, so it will be in the 70s tomorrow and through the weekend.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:44am CST (3 min ago)
Temperature 70 F 21 C
Dew Point 68 F 20 C
Humidity 94%
Pressure 30.00 in 1016 mb
Wind Speed 3 MPH 3 kts
Wind Dir S 180
Ceiling 100 ft 30 m
Visibility 1 mi 1.6 km
Current Conditions Mist
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 69.1F / 20.6C

Today Partly cloudy. Areas of fog early in the morning. Highs in the upper 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers after midnight. Cooler. Lows in the 50s. West winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening becoming north 15 to 20 mph after midnight.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 14, 2007
2:28 PM

Post #4191803

Thanks Marylyn and everyone else - I'm taking a "Lazy Boy break" as I'm writing this ;-) lol I'm really trying to be careful ... which is a bit tough for me since I'm so impatient and have a history of overdoing it ;-) lol So far so good though. I got some more roses wrapped up this morning - I think I'm done with all the ones that get the insulated housing this winter. The rest will just get burlap.

It's been calm so far today, 0 - 6 mph from the east. It started raining while I was outside - a very fine misty kind of rain you hardly notice until you're all wet. lol Fairly warm too , 41F. There's a depression heading our way with wind and rain later today or tonight.

Marsue - congrats on the raiders superbowl victory :-) ! GS looks so happy with his trophy :-)

Sharon - your resident anole is so cute. Very nice house he's got there too! :-) lol I second Debi - love the last one of him peeking out.

woodspirit - hi! Hope you're feeling better. I know that dark place from personal experience as well - my helth problems have triggered depression quite a few times. Swimming is what helps me, along with gardening of course ;-)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rann

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 14, 2007
4:28 PM

Post #4192189

I know where you're coming from, woodspirit. I had to quit my job because too much stress over too long of a time was doing me in. (((Hugs)))
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 14, 2007
5:59 PM

Post #4192474

As is reported on the weather forecast, remaining warm @ 30*. Highs to the low 30's.
at 6 this morning, the pale green glow of northern lights slowing pulsing and changing shapes, was a great way to start the day.
Sunrise at 9:02; Set 4:18. loss of 5m:10seconds.
What a cute champion, marsue. Congrats to the team.
It's good seeing that you're resting a bit, rann. Must be difficult, though, with family and last minute gardening projects.
MySharona~I don't mind fog and the way it changes the scenery, but, to drive in, just hate to. Hope it lifts soon for your area.
Marylyn_TX~~it does look much like MySharona's weather for you. The stronger winds at least come later.
Yesterday, as I turned into the driveway, momma and calf moose crossed in front of me and wandered on through in the woods..good to see them again.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 14, 2007
6:06 PM

Post #4192504

Marsue YAY! Congratulations to the Super Bowl Winners! Hes adorable as with his snaggle teeth! I hope you DHs appointment goes well.
Wookspirit I pray that you are doing better. Im glad youre here with us so keep us posted!
Kiska I dont like driving in the fog either. You never know when someone thinks you see them and you dont. So glad the moose are still around!

75.4 F / 24.1 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 34%
Dew Point: 45 F / 7 C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the East
Wind Gust: 5.8 mph / 9.3 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 77 F / 25 C
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4000 ft / 1219 m

Isaboo enjoying Lady Margaret!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 14, 2007
9:58 PM

Post #4193367

It was a good day to shampoo the carpets. They dried within three hours.

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on November 14, 2007
90 F / 32 C
Clear
Humidity: 15%
Dew Point: 37 F / 3 C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the North

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 14, 2007
11:56 PM

Post #4193740

Kelli - Want to come over and do my carpet? I hate that chore!

65.1 F / 18.4 C
Scattered Clouds
Dew Point: 55 F / 13 C
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa (Steady)

Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 50s. Southwest winds 5 mph.

I took this on the way home from work. I like everything about this picture!

Thumbnail by MySharona

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 15, 2007
12:00 AM

Post #4193749

Kelli: Hard to imagine 15% humidity. 3 hours? Amazing!!
Marsue: Let's hear it for the Furniture Store Raiders! LOL! He looks very proud.
Woodspirit: As others have already said, been there and done that. I hope your depression has passed. If not, it will, so hang on. :)
Kiska: I wanna see pictures of your northern lights!!
Sharon: Are you anoles the same as our Carolina anoles? Do they turn green when they get excited? (Like in my pic?)

There does seem to be a warming trend this week doesn't there? Our high today hit 78F! It was beautiful.
Low tonight only expected to be 57. Best of all...drumroll...a whopping 60% chance of rain tomorrow. Yay!! Oh please let the weatherman be right! (Edited to add: the rain is coming with a cold front, back down to near freezing at the weekend, they say.)
Deb

This message was edited Nov 14, 2007 7:02 PM

Thumbnail by DebinSC

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 15, 2007
12:15 AM

Post #4193787

Deb - The anole pic I posted is a Cuban Anole. I've named them Juan! We also have the native anoles that are that lovely shade of green and can change colors to match their surroundings. I've named them Jack!
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 15, 2007
12:20 AM

Post #4193808

Ah, I see. We don't have any Juans. Ours all seem to be Jacks. :)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 15, 2007
1:48 AM

Post #4194113

Got to 52* today and verrry windy. It wasn't too bad this morning but right after lunch the wind picked up and we were all shivering. Cloudy today too. Low supposed to get to 29* tonight which means starting my truck early tomorrow and scraping my windows. I would just let them melt but my heater isn't quite that good. lol. Takes 15 mins or so to fully melt all the frost.
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 15, 2007
3:42 AM

Post #4194490

I can't believe that it is still 54 degrees and raining a slow steady rain. Wow! Was cold and blustery this AM.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2007
10:12 AM

Post #4194953

Dark, 55(F), drizzle :-)

Will check the rain gauge when it is light enough (about 6:50 am)

Relative Humidity: 72%
Wind: 260 (W) at 16mph
Gusts: 29mph
Pressure: 29.65in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 49F
Yesterday's High Temp: 71F
Dew Point: 46
Ceiling: 3600ft
Heat Index: 55
Wind Chill: 55
6hr Precip: 0.03in
6hr Low Temp: 58F
6hr High Temp: 65F

The fallowing charts are from a personal weather station about 3 miles from here. I am mainly concerned with the rainfall chart at the bottom.

Thumbnail by Dyson

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2007
10:24 AM

Post #4194957

Good morning!

It's a wet and breezy day here. It's just getting light out now at 9:50 am. It was still pitch black at 9 am. Makes it really hard to get the day started ... I think it's just about time to get some lights up outside to brighten things up a bit. No snow in the foreseeable future. It's 50F, 18 mph winds from the south gusting to 26 mph. The humidity is 98%. Sunrise is at 9:55 and sunset will be at 4:29.

Debi - what a cute anole :-) Such a pretty shade of green ;-)

Kelli - 15% humidiy is hard to imagine. Even harder to imagine the carpets drying out in 3 hours! lol

Sharon - Isaboo looks very regal there and that's a gorgeous sunset! :-)

Kiska - wow you've got a lot of snow already :-) You're right it's very hard not to overdo it with all the things that need to be done. I have a really bad habit of putting things off so they tend to pile up. Which causes a lot of stress when the pile gets too big ... I really need to make the pile a bit smaller before all the Christmas preparations pile on top of it! lol

edited to add : Dyson - glad you're getting some rain :-)

So I'm off to get busy ;-)

Rann

This message was edited Nov 15, 2007 10:26 AM
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 15, 2007

Post #4194979

It's DysonDark! I'll be thankful for this time change since it's forcing me to relax more in the evenings! Our weather change will begin around noon today. Well get windy and cool.

Pepper Already scraping the windows! LOL! Brr!!
Se_eds Thats the kind of day well have tomorrow! Brrr!
Rann - Thanks! I let some chores pile up because I don't really enjoy them. But now that it gets dark so early I'm having to face the music. :( Sigh

58.1 F / 14.5 C
Clear
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 54 F / 12 C
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1013.8 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 8.0 miles / 12.9 kilometers

Today
Patchy fog early in the morning. Increasing cloudiness with isolated showers by mid-morning...then scattered showers in the late morning and early afternoon. Decreasing cloudiness and becoming breezy by mid-afternoon. High 72. West winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts to near 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Tonight
Clear...colder. Lows in the upper 30s inland...in the mid 40s coast. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

I hate to admit this, but our next door neighbor put their Christmas decorations up last week. A tad too earlyfor me. Hmmmm

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 15, 2007
1:05 PM

Post #4195234

Current conditions as of 6:55 am CST

Fair
Feels Like: 44
Barometer: 30.31 in and rising
Humidity: 41%
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: 21
Wind: W 6 mph
Sunrise: 6:42 am
Sunset: 5:02 pm

We had a pretty good rain yesterday afternoon around 2:15 p.m. Thunder and lightning, too, but it didn't last long.
A cold front came through and has cooled things off considerably. Sun is shining this morning, though.
Have to go pick up DGD and take her to school--that's a weekly "to-do" on Thursday mornings. Her mother has an exceptionally early call on Thursday mornings so I help out.
--Back later to comment on everybody's posts and photos..

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 15, 2007
1:29 PM

Post #4195369

Good Morning Every Body! :D We have had some good rain! 1" overnight! Now we're to get some cold weather...maybe some snow! :D

43F
Feels like: 35F
Barometer: 29.8 in
Dewpoint: 37
Humidity: 81%
Wind: 16 mph WNW
Sunrise: 7:02 AM
Sunset: 5:12 PM

Dyson, I hope that you got some of this rain! :D
Deb, I'm still dancin'! I hope you have gotten some of this rain, as well.:D I know that anole's are small, but yours looks really Huge! 'Guess it's the pic. :)
Sharon, What another Great Shot! :D And Boo is so pretty! as she (?) is enjoying Lady Margaret!
Kiska, Looks as if the snow is there to stay for a while...while it piles up! I'm ready to see more moose pics, too! :D BTW, JW loves his little moose! :D He laughs & "talks" to it! :D He has just started to "try" to reach for things! LOL But he doesn't know how to make his hands do what he wants, yet! :D Those 2 little arms just go swingin' around! It's as if he's thinkin' ... "how do I get to it!" Such concentration! :D
Marsue, Glad the little boys won! :D He's so Proud in his posing! :D
Rann, Glad that you are feeling better! Question...when do we get to hear the story about the trolls ? That was so much fun! :D
Adina, do you have any Christmas legends?

Have a Great Day! All! :D
Joey
(must take new pics!)

Thumbnail by music2keep

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 15, 2007
1:32 PM

Post #4195387

Oh! I forgot the trivia! :-O

The answer to the last trivia was...C
A hygrometer measures how much moisture capacity the air has.

Todays trivia is...
What kind of precipitation will you *not* see if the temperature in the cloud is above freezing?
a) Sleet
b) Freezing Rain
c) Snow
d) Hail

:D
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 15, 2007
5:05 PM

Post #4196140

Trivia question - I'll say B, though I don't really know.

Pretty warm for this time of day. Even in the summer this would be pretty warm for this time of day. We go through this every year. It will cool off significantly for a while and then get hot again. I guess it's our version of Indian Summer.

Updated: 8:51 AM PST on November 15, 2007
77 F / 25 C
Clear
Humidity: 24%
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h / 4.1 m/s from the North

Sharon, I'll send DH right over to shampoo your carpets. (He does it, not me.) I don't know if he hates it or not. He's never said. One thing he does hate is ironing. (He irons his own clothers. I have him well-trained.) One day he said to me, "You know the seven woes that they mention in the Bible? One of them is ironing."

Now back to my glamourous Hollywood life. Today I need to clean the bathroom and the kitchen, and do laundry. -Just letting you know that there are normal, everyday people with everyday chores even in L.A. We just don't have to shovel snow. ;-)

I haven't added a picture recently, so here is one of my Thanksgiving cacti, which is like Joey's. The lable says it is called Thor Nille.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2007
5:22 PM

Post #4196192

Kelli - I would lov to see you shovel snow - so when you get the chance take a pic for us!

50(F), bright only got 1/10th of an inch of rain last night :-(
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2007
5:25 PM

Post #4196204

Very pretty November cactus Kelli :-)

Joey - you'll have to wait 'till December ;-) lol I think the first one comes along on Dec. 12th to be exact.

Sharon - I know what you mean ;-) These everyday pesky chores seem endless don't they. I have the "joy" of having two very efficient mess makers ... I need to train them better to pick up after themselves - I can't keep up. The younger one is especially proficient in spreading things around the house ... lol

My orchids are bursting into bloom :-) Here's one of them.

Thumbnail by rannveig

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 15, 2007
5:45 PM

Post #4196253

Marsue , Joey, Dyson So glad yall got some rain!
Joey Some anoles are really pretty long. Some of ours have grown to 7! I need my weekly JW fix. Give him smoochies for me!
Rann Yes please post the stories again! I have 3 mess makers here. Aye-yi-yi seems like I do laundry everyday. Love that phal!
Kelli OMG I laughed so hard about the 7 woes! Very pretty cactus.

72.5 F / 22.5 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 58%
Dew Point: 57 F / 14 C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h / 1.8 m/s from the WNW
Wind Gust: 9.6 mph / 15.4 km/h
Pressure: 29.85 in / 1010.7 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 76 F / 25 C
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 2600 ft / 792 m
Mostly Cloudy 3400 ft / 1036 m
Mostly Cloudy 4100 ft / 1249 m

Rest of Today
Breezy. Mostly cloudy with scattered showers in the late morning and early afternoon...then decreasing cloudiness late in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to near 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30 percent.

The front is moving through now.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 15, 2007
5:53 PM

Post #4196272

Dyson, I have shoveled snow in my PA days. I was the oldest kid by far so I had to help my dad with that.

Great orchid, Rann. I don't think they'd like the 15% humidity here. I'm not all that keen on it myself, but it beats shoveling snow. ;-)

Sharon, DH says that another one of the seven woes is putting the dishes away out of the dishwasher. I told him that he doesn't have to do that. (That is a task that either one of us would do, whoever saw that it needed to be done.)

Unless the computer is in the bathroom, I'm not getting the bathroom cleaned here, am I? I don't now of anyone having a computer in the bathroom but my parents have a bookcase in the bathroom. I kid you not.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2007
6:13 PM

Post #4196317

Kelli, I had no doubt that you had shoveled your share of the white stuff, Just wanted to see it done in LA - I have the same request in w/my son & he is yet too reply.

50(F) - real windy, gust near 30mph.

Thumbnail by Dyson

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 15, 2007
6:26 PM

Post #4196358

22*~~becoming a brighter shade of dim; sunrise was at 9:05; set: 4:16; clouds/fog to the base of the mts. Steel gray is the color of the day so far.
Deb~~http://www.fairbanks-alaska.com/northern-lights-alaska.htm
From this site you can access wonderful photos and lots of info about the n.lights; and when to visit for the best viewing.
Rann~like Joey, I'm looking forward to the Christmas trolls as well. Your orchid is beautiful.
Kelli~ Dh seldom ironed, but I did start sending it out after about 30 years of a boring job:) the cactus is as gorgeous as the orchid..very pretty.
M2K~~makes me smile to read about JW reaching for the moose; so glad he likes it. "B" Love the "old" pic..
MySharona~highs of 72 is looking quite good from here; just about right it seems to me. Isaboo is very cute.
Dyson~that a sad looking chart at the bottom~hope there'll be an improvement soon.
se_eds~ has it improved by today? yesterday could've been a marsue "soup" kind of day.
marsue~thunder/lightning would be an exciting weather day; does it happen often?
Washington DC- Sept., '04 Gson & me
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 15, 2007
7:45 PM

Post #4196613

The cool down has begun!

64.0 F / 17.8 C
Light Rain
Humidity: 53%
Wind: 7.0 mph / 11.3 km/h / 3.1 m/s from the NW
Wind Gust: 13.4 mph / 21.6 km/h / 14.9 m/s
Pressure: 29.88 in / 1011.7 hPa (Falling)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 2500 ft / 762 m
Mostly Cloudy 3500 ft / 1066 m
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 15, 2007
8:00 PM

Post #4196651

Wow.. Our humidity is lower than Kelli's! I'm not sure I've seen that happen before.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 12:53pm CST (60 min ago)
Temperature 67 F 19 C
Dew Point 21 F -6 C
Humidity 17%
Pressure 30.36 in 1028 mb
Wind Speed 14 MPH
G 20 12 kts
G 17
Wind Dir NNW 340
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
Remarks No remarks this hour.6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 57.0F / 13.9C

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2007
8:05 PM

Post #4196665

42* and windy both today and yesterday. I hung clothes out and my fingers got cold.

My old dial-up takes forever to enlarge pictures and then go back to the thread. I'll have to look at the small version I guess.

Kiska, very nice DC photo. I'll never get there so now I've at least seen a building :))

Dyson, you're all over the charts :))

Kelli, you're parents are my kind of people :))

Sharon, I love your dark gloomy clouds.

Rann, I love your orchid!! It's gorgeous!

Kelli, I'll take your 77*. Winter is coming and if I didn't need it to feel so glad to see spring, I'd never have winter again. I love the color of your cacti bloom!

Joey, I'll guess D. I love the yellow leaf against the green fern. Jw is adorable! I can just ''see'' his concentration.

Marsue, so nice you're close enough to help DD out with DGD :))

Sharon, I feel like the days are so long since the time change. I like standard time so much better! I get more done! Uuhhh, we put our lights up this week too, and the wreaths. I still have to wrap the trees. We won't light them till the second week in December tho :)) Love the sun... set?

Rann, I can't imagine it being dark that late in the morning. It would be disorienting!

Dyson, I was suprised by the news reports on how dry everyone was in the southern states. No water really scares me.

Seeds, I envy your rain. We've not had any for quite a while now.

Pepper, you have more frost than us. Strange, since you're south of me.

Deb, I hope you enjoy your beautiful day and get rain!

Sharon, I like your picture too!

Kelli, wish my carpets were clean too.

Well, I think I caught everyone at least once.

Fall asters and DH.

Thumbnail by billyporter

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 15, 2007
10:05 PM

Post #4197119

Woke up to 1/2 in of rain overnight and 52 degrees - rather warm. Rained buckets full all day until about 4 PM when the sun came out and the temperature quickly started falling. We are getting cold air from the North/northwest. Currently 38 degrees. We must have got over an inch but I had put the rain gage away so can only estimate. We are very fortunate to have this extra water. The ground is thoroughly soaked.

Hope the next round of rain goes south. Have a SIL in W. Va, and they could use more but will probably get snow instead.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 15, 2007
10:23 PM

Post #4197195

bp~your yard is just beautiful; the flowers look great and looks like a wonderful place to relax.
se_eds~so glad the rain was enough to be beneficial. Hope it does move south, too.
25*, no sunshine has made it through the clouds, but it seems bright enough for a winter day.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2007
10:51 PM

Post #4197304

Seeds, I'm happy for your rain!

Thanks Kiska, I do enjoy the chairs under the tree. 25* is our overnight temps. With the wind it felt about that cold these last few days!
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2007
10:54 PM

Post #4197316

Totally dark, 46(F).

We only got a little rain, not enough to puddle in the driveway. Showed about one tenth of an inch in the gauge.

The wind direction was indeed "all over the chart".

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2007
11:15 PM

Post #4197362

:))

38* and dusk here.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 15, 2007
11:45 PM

Post #4197470

Kelli I agree with your DH on the dishwasher unloading! Ill load it, start, but someone else better empty it! Gotta spread the chores around. They get the chores I dont enjoy! LOL!! A bookshelf in the bathroom! I better not let my DH read that! OMG I can just imagine his comments Kellis parents have one in theirs! Sheeesh!
Kiska I love that picture of you and your GS in DC. Its been a while since Ive been to the capital. Will have to plan a trip soon.
Sally Ill be pulling out the lights, etc this weekend an begin the pick through. It just seems so early. I found out my neighbors are having their Christmas a little early since their GKs are coming in. I much prefer the standard time as well. They are all sunsets. I cant get to the beach or marina in the morning. DH will detour once in a while when taking Justin to school. I have the same watering can and LOVE your arbor! Wow!
Se_eds You are blessed to have the rain! I cant water the lawn since we are under a freeze warning tomorrow night.

59.4 F / 15.2 C
Clear
Humidity: 26%
Dew Point: 24 F / -4 C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h / 1.8 m/s from the NW
Wind Gust: 7.8 mph / 12.6 km/h
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa (Rising)

Tonight
Partly cloudy early in the evening then clearing. Breezy...colder. Lows in the upper 30s inland...in the mid 40s coast. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.

Freeze watch in effect from late Friday night through Saturday morning...

Yeah - you read that right and at this time it's not just inland - it's coastal as well. I've got my plant blankies ready to drape. Red leaf on my car

Thumbnail by MySharona

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 16, 2007
12:01 AM

Post #4197535

Evening, all!
The good news: the dancing must've worked. It rained today!! A grand total of 1/2". I'm thankful for that, but they had predicted more. oh well. The front has passed and it's cooling down here, too. Yesterday the high was nearly 80. Tomorrow it will be 60.
Joey: My anole was big - as anoles go, but including his tail, he was only abtou 6" long. And yahoo! I'm on a roll - got two trivia questions in a row. :) I'm guessing C-snow.
Sharon: I noticed the first Christmas TV commercial on Nov. 1! Come on! Oh, and me too - hate to unload that dishwasher. LOL.
Kelli: Very pretty cactus bloom. Mine's got buds but it's taking its time.
Dyson: Sorry you didn't get more rain.
Rann: Beautiful orchid. That must cheer you up on a dark day. It must be very difficult to get up when it's so dark in the morning.
Kiska: Thanks for the northern lights link. Going to go take a look.
Billy: Hope you get rain soon.
Took this thru the windshield on the way to work this morning. Took me a while to figure out what that white stuff was; then I remembered. Rain clouds!
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 16, 2007
12:17 AM

Post #4197603

Deb - We're in the same weather pattern!

I keep forgetting to tell y'all that my Thanksgiving and Christmas cacti are budding!
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 16, 2007
12:19 AM

Post #4197615

Sharon: Yes we are, and our forecasts are nearly identical. (Before I go to bed the next few nights, I'll do my "no freeze!" chant.) :)

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 16, 2007
1:39 AM

Post #4197973

Evenin' Folks! :D It's Dyson Dark and we have the wind too! I just sent it on over to Dyson, cuz I didn't want it! :D The wind chill is supposed to be in the "teens" tonight! Yep! Brrrr...

Cloudy36F
Feels like: 26F
Barometer: 29.9 in
Humidity: 69%
Wind: 16 mph WNW
Sunrise: 7:02 AM

Kelli, Love your cactus! Thanks for the name... I was so confused with it blooming in November! :D
Sally! Love the Asters! Wow! I love your yard! :D All my color has gone. :(
Rann, I can wait...If I may, I'd like to save the stories & pics for JW...Your Orchid! :-O WOW!
Deb! You have storm clouds! :D Did you get rain?:D
Thanks Kiska...he loves that little thing. And we got a really good laugh today! JW was snoozin' pretty good & all of a sudden he started laughing out loud! :D It was a loud HaHaHa laugh! :D
Sharon, That's rather cool for this time of year...or is it? Glad you got your things covered...after this week end I'll need to get my E-Ears in...& plant my mums...if I can figure out where to put them. And I need to take time to take some more pics...This Math is about to get to me. Gotta get to the home work! Ugh...It's only one problem, but it has 3 answers! It's gonna take 2 pages of paper!
Dyson, sorry about the rain...I thought for sure that you would get more than that! But like I always say...'some is better than none'! :D

The anwer to today's trivia...(Deb! You're on a roll! :D) C!
Snow crystals only form in a cloud where the temperature in the cloud is below freezing.

Nite All! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 16, 2007
2:06 AM

Post #4198074

Yes Joey, we got just under 1/2" of rain!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 16, 2007
3:05 AM

Post #4198332

We get more frosts here than we get snow. Really hate that. lol. I want snow-but no ice.

Today it only got into high 40s and was windy most of the day. Tomorrow supposed to be back into the high 50s again. Thanksgiving is supposed to only be in the 30s so far.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 16, 2007
6:21 AM

Post #4198790

Icy fog is building up on everything; should be really pretty in the morning. 17*/foggy
Music2Keep~~what fun to hear JW having a funny dream. Don't you just wonder how a baby has a sense of humor? The weather seems to have turned to winter very quickly there.
DebinSC~not only did you get some great looking clouds, they even produced; good news.
pepper23~Deb/Dyson got some rain, maybe you'll get some snow.
MySharona~~a freeze watch; doesn't sound good for citrus trees.
August this year: Alaska Railroad trip to Seward from Anchorage.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 16, 2007
9:10 AM

Post #4198878

Good morning!

It's 8:40 am and Dyson Dark, raining and fairly calm. 49F, 4 mph winds from the west, gusting to 13 mph. Humidity 97%. Sunrise will be at 9:59 am, sunset at 4:26. Tomorrow we'll have sunset after 10 am ... that means time to get some lights up in my book ;-)

Deb - you're right it's very difficult to get crackin' when the mornings are so dark. Even when I'm up it feels like too early to do anything because of the darkness ;-)

Sharon thanks :-) I actually lost my patience with them yesterday. I told them to cleam up their rooms ... an hour later the mess was still there and they were watching TV!! I told them they got 10 min. and then I'd throw everyting out that was still on the floor. That sure got them cracking ... don't thing I've ever seen them move so fast ;-) lol

Kelli thanks :-) I dont think Id like 15% humidy either cant be good for your skin can it? And I hate unloading the dishwasher too ;-) lol Bookcases in the bathroom ??? Wont the books get soggy ?

Sally thanks So glad you could drop by :-) Youre right it is disorienting ;-) Your asters are gorgeous and your garden looks so inviting :-)

Joey youre welcome to save the stories for JW ;-) Sounds like he had a funny dream :-) Too cute!

Kiska its really getting cold up there! Please get a photo of the frosty fog if you can - sounds so pretty :-)

Thanks everyone for your comments on the orchid :-) My november cactus shows no signs of budding . I might have to water it ;-) lol Here's another orchid. I've got 5 and they're all flowering now :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2007
10:13 AM

Post #4198912

Dark not that anyone would be surprised, 39(F)
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 16, 2007
10:56 AM

Post #4198933

Deb I really dont mind the freezes since they kill the bugs. I just dont want it to freeze for a week solid! No fear of that here! A couple of 8-10 freezes a year will do for me. Congrats on the rain!!
Joey I have one word for you BRRRRRRRRRRRR! LOL!! Yeah its a little early for us, but Im not complaining. Its nice not having 80* weather. I hope it stays cool through the holidays! Crossing fingers!
Kiska Just one more thing the prices will go up on. Were having an electricity rate increase again this year. That makes 2-3 in the last 1 years.
Rann LOL! We sound like my Mom! LOL! Ive said that many times! If its still on the floor when I come back in, its going in the trash! It works though! Your orchid is fantastic! Reminds me, several plants need to come in tonight.
Dyson - It's still dark here too!
Sidney - Better get ready to wrap! Even St. Mary's is under the freeze watch.

42.1 F / 5.6 C
Clear
Humidity: 39%
Dew Point: 19 F / -7 C
Wind: 5.0 mph / 8.0 km/h / 2.2 m/s from the NW
Windchill: 39 F / 4 C

Today
Mostly sunny...breezy and cooler. High 59F. Northwest winds 15 mph.

Freeze warning in effect from 2 am to 8 am EST Saturday...

It's 41* on the porch. Yikes! We received only sprinkles yesterday, but it was nice for a change of pace. It looked like we were going to have a nice rain storm, but nooooo.

Thumbnail by MySharona

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 16, 2007
12:38 PM

Post #4199081

Good Morning! Yes, it sounds like winter got here all of a sudden...Bluefield got an inch of snow, Beckley got 1", but they also had black ice which caused lotsa accidents.
But at least the wind has died down.

Cloudy32F
Feels like: 24F
Barometer: 30 in
Dewpoint: 21
Humidity: 60%
Wind: 9 mph W
Sunrise: 7:03 AM

Yeah! Deb! You finally got some rain! Ya want me to keep it up? :D
Dyson, LOL! Every time you post & say that it's dark, I look ot see what time you posted! :D ~ Not that I doubt you...I just wonder what time in the a.m. you were up! The next time I even think that your gonna get some rain I'll still keep up the dancin'. I really thought that you would get some of this last stuff. It seemed to be heading right your way!
Thanks Rann, The stories will be fun for him in the up-coming years... :D OHHHH...Those Orchids! One of these years I'll get the nerve to have one! :D
Kiska, The weather does sound as if winter is here, but they are calling for 50's for the 1st of next week! and wet, wet for Thanksgiving!
Sharon, I gave JW some smoochies from you! and some more from Kiska, Marylyn, Deb, Sidney, Sally, Rann, Kelli...everybody I could think of...they are so much fun to Give! :D

Todays trivia is...
If your house doesn't have a basement, where is the safest place to be in a tornado?
a) Near a window
b) In the corner of the house
c) In an interior hallway
d) Near large furniture

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 16, 2007
1:01 PM

Post #4199151

Joey - Love the fern! The answer is C.
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 16, 2007
3:24 PM

Post #4199620

First off as to todays trivia.
I pick E. In the ground floor bathtub with a sofa cushion over me!
The plumbing is usually poured into the foundation and often the only thing left standing is the bathtub. I grew up in 'tornado alley'. The flat panhandle of Texas.
Here's a brand new thread! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/790855/
Come on over.
Sidney

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America