Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: An introduction to Aloe Flowers, part 1 of 5: Aloes A-C: Zone envy!

Communities > Forums > Article: An introduction to Aloe Flowers, part 1 of 5: Aloes A-C
bookmark
Forum: Article: An introduction to Aloe Flowers, part 1 of 5: Aloes A-CReplies: 6, Views: 56
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2007
4:24 AM

Post #4155713

Ooohhh, how I wish I could grow such wonders. I do have a couple of the small varieties as houseplants, but... Incredible pictures of incredible plants! I had no idea about all those wonderful flowers.
Does the inexpensive one commonly sold everywhere as a "burn plant" ever bloom? I've had mine for years, and it makes babies, but not blooms.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

November 4, 2007
8:02 AM

Post #4155842

yes, it blooms, but not terribly interesting flowers.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2007
1:23 PM

Post #4156184

Zone envy here too. I'm amazed at how stunning these are!

The Kniphofia has somewhat similar flowers to a few of your beauties, but the huge diversity of these aloes are amazing!

Thanks for another great article. Can't wait for the rest!
Sashagirl
Davenport, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2007
2:30 PM

Post #4156394

This was a very exciting and informative article!
It opened up a whole new realm of plants for me. I've always been familiar with our "burn plant", but had no idea these other beauties existed.

Bravo! Well done!

Sasha
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 4, 2007
2:48 PM

Post #4156460

They have said it all for me. Thank you for yet another wonderful and informative article.
Did not know these others even existed.

Christi
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

November 4, 2007
4:24 PM

Post #4156797

Yes, indeed. Excellent article. Thoroughly enjoyed all the pics! I had no idea that there were that many varieties of aloe or that it flowered so beautifully. I, too, have the familiar house plant.

Thanks for the enlightenment. Also enjoy your artwork.

~jan
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 4, 2007
5:39 PM

Post #4157001

Great pictures! Aloes are one of my favorite plant genera.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: An introduction to Aloe Flowers, part 1 of 5: Aloes A-C Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Aloe World plaizndrt 2 Oct 5, 2011 1:07 PM
Aloe's lophocereus 0 Nov 8, 2007 1:47 AM
Need a photo of Aloe cameronii var. dedz juper 1 Apr 28, 2010 8:19 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America