Photo by Melody

Article: Hummingbirds, Nature's Kamaikazes: Information and tips to enjoying them: Part 3: attractive plants

Communities > Forums > Article: Hummingbirds, Nature's Kamaikazes: Information and tips to enjoying them: Part 3
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hummingbirds, Nature's Kamaikazes: Information and tips to enjoying them: Part 3Replies: 0, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lobelialady
Griffith
Canada

November 5, 2007
2:47 PM

Post #4159683

I bought a Dropmore Scarlet Honeysuckle mistakenly thinking that it was the scented variety... I was wrong, the colours are a lovely hot red with orange stamens... but, no beautiful scent. This does not matter to the hummingbirds however. these little zingers put on an air show above this honeysuckle that is mesmerizing... Lots of "chit...chit...chit" and squabbles, but the thing that I thought most interesting, this summer, was the size of these birds...this year they all seemed to be miniatures...tinier than any I had seen before... Are these young birds or is this normal? .After reading your interview with Mr. Hilton, I realized that one or two had to be immature males(without the red throat) but even the mature males seemed very small. Am I imagining this or has anyone else made similar observations?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hummingbirds, Nature's Kamaikazes: Information and tips to enjoying them: Part 3 Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great article! critterologist 4 Oct 11, 2007 8:55 PM
Kamikaze? renwings 2 Oct 11, 2007 10:11 PM
Hummingbird - Question Nibor760 1 Oct 16, 2007 12:37 PM
Hummingbird feeders Char1 1 Oct 16, 2007 12:37 PM
Finches ora 1 Oct 16, 2007 12:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America