Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Native American Honeysuckles and their cultivars: Thank you, Glynis

Communities > Forums > Article: Native American Honeysuckles and their cultivars
bookmark
Forum: Article: Native American Honeysuckles and their cultivarsReplies: 6, Views: 73
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
McGlory
Southeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2007
3:35 PM

Post #4181820

We don't see many honeysuckles here, but I think they're supposed to grow here. I'll do more research. Thank you for a lovely article and the warnings about possible invasiveness. Trumpet vines are the big invasive one here. Thank you again! I need to get me some trellises...

Lori
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 12, 2007
1:44 AM

Post #4183899

Thanks for the great article!! I wish more people would grow this.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2007
3:36 AM

Post #4184198

I have a couple of these, and this article has made me resolve to get more. They are great plants!
KaperC
No. San Diego Co., CA
(Zone 10b)

November 12, 2007
6:53 PM

Post #4185858

Hmmm...you've got me thinking about where I can put one. Thanks for the great article!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

November 18, 2007
2:40 AM

Post #4205180

Glynis, does this mean that my honeysuckle vines are invasive? I didn't buy them because they were or weren't native; I just liked the color. Is there a difference between the vines and "bush" honeysuckle?
xx, C
DiggerDee
Ffld County, CT
(Zone 6b)

November 1, 2009
2:58 PM

Post #7229879

Adding my thanks for this article, Glynis! I love honeysuckle but have hesitated to plant one due to invasiveness. Now I know of another option. Thanks!

Dee
Fitsy
Hayesville, NC
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2009
1:30 PM

Post #7233054

Glynis , thank you so very much!! I love honeysuckle, but am fighting the
Jap kind that is trying to smother me and mine.
Fitsy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Native American Honeysuckles and their cultivars Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A word to the wise... DianeEG 18 Nov 3, 2009 1:19 PM
Honeysuckle for Shade in Zone 9 ceilifinnigan 3 Nov 2, 2009 1:46 PM
Fragrant Honeysuckle bambamvz 5 Nov 7, 2009 2:06 AM
Honeysuckle ron_leddy 0 Feb 10, 2010 9:53 PM
again Honeysuckle hckybreath 0 Dec 25, 2010 12:05 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America