Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Gifts from and for Gardeners: How to Make a Discharge Printed Vest: Awesome vest & great instructions!

Communities > Forums > Article: Gifts from and for Gardeners: How to Make a Discharge Printed Vest
bookmark
Forum: Article: Gifts from and for Gardeners: How to Make a Discharge Printed VestReplies: 9, Views: 63
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
momof2d
Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2007
10:32 AM

Post #4184606

Wow - this is on my "to do" list in the spring/summer - thanks Melody, I want to do a shirt & a skirt!
Jill
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 12, 2007
10:11 PM

Post #4186398

That is great! It would be a good thing to do with a garment that has already fallen victim to a bleach spot - Dying such an item would not work, but bleaching the rest of it would!

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2008
4:48 AM

Post #5216008

Gasp! I have a favorite pair of brown pants that I got bleach on at work. My teaching assistant mixed my bleach bottle about half bleach, instead of 1 tsp. per bottle, and I cleaned a table and leaned against it, leaving a nice spotty line above my knees.

I could make cool plant patterns all over it, instead of throwing it out! What a revelation! Those are the softest, most comfortable pants!

Thanks, Melody! You're a genius!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2008
1:06 PM

Post #5216857

Thanks so much. Stay tuned for more ideas!
klstuart
Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 7b)

December 11, 2009
12:58 PM

Post #7358356

Very cool! We did tie dye this summer with my daughter and her friends, but you can only have so many tie dye shirts in your wardrobe... this will be next summer's project!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2009
2:01 PM

Post #7358495

Well, I'm of the 'you can never have too much tie dye' camp. (I do that too) Discharges are fun and don't take as long. It can be done and cleaned up in an hour and my tie dyes have to sit 24 hours, wet, before I can untie and rinse. Yep, if you need a gift in a hurry, the discharge is much faster...and a bit different.

beebonnet

beebonnet
Coos Bay, OR
(Zone 9a)

December 12, 2009
1:25 AM

Post #7360343

What a fun project and great instructions. Maybe a Christmas vest with poinsettias or holly or greenery boughs? More fun in summer when you can be outside longer I expect.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2009
11:24 PM

Post #7368886

I've done it in my garage at home during the winter if I needed something in a pinch, but I have to crack the windows, or my whole house smells like bleach. Best done outside...as long as it isn't freezing.

beebonnet

beebonnet
Coos Bay, OR
(Zone 9a)

December 17, 2009
3:58 AM

Post #7375928

Oh, I really don't like the smell of bleach. When I was young I used to complain to my mother about that awful smell, but she would seemed shocked and say --It Smells Clean!!
To this day i don't think so.

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 17, 2009
4:57 AM

Post #7376073

LOL Beebonnet, that's how my son feels about the smell of laundry detergent or fabric softener. He smelled a "clean linen" candle, and said, "Yuck, it smells like clean laundry!"

Angie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gifts from and for Gardeners: How to Make a Discharge Printed Vest Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Discharge Print Vest spidra 17 Nov 11, 2007 2:59 PM
Love it! roadrunner 5 Dec 11, 2009 1:03 PM
Thank you Melody UniQueTreasures 4 Nov 11, 2007 3:36 PM
An interesting craft! Thanks. Annepaola 1 Nov 12, 2007 2:22 PM
discharge print it is. slowtornado 0 Nov 13, 2007 2:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America