Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Bromeliads: Lowe's Clearance Rack

Communities > Forums > Bromeliads
bookmark
Forum: BromeliadsReplies: 7, Views: 105
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2007
1:31 AM

Post #4197937

Hi all! I thought I would let you know that our local Lowe's had Bromeliads on clearance today. :) I got a nice metal container full for what would have been $5, but they couldn't get it to take a code, so I got it FREE! Can't beat that with a big stick! :) They also had all their succulents clearanced out. They also had Mandarin plants for $5, and they are soooooooo cool! I just wanted to let you know in case you want to check your local store. :)
shellabella
West Central, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 25, 2008
10:14 PM

Post #4453771

Misty, I just got a Mandarin at my local Lowe's. I don't know what the scientific name is and there is no data on the tag. Could you tell me what kind of plant this is? A Brom?
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2008
10:25 PM

Post #4453817

Hey Shell, let me go look real quick.
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2008
10:27 PM

Post #4453827

Here is the link to PlantFiles, hope this helps! :)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/62897/
shellabella
West Central, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 25, 2008
10:44 PM

Post #4453900

Thanks for the quick reply, and the link!
I had searched those plant files hi and lo...and no luck ...lol!
I think this is a very pretty plant and I had never seen one before. Glad I got it and that I can keep it outside here most of the time too.
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2008
11:20 PM

Post #4454018

You are quite welcome, glad I could help! :) They are really cool plants, for sure. Good luck with yours, and I wish I could keep mine outside cause it is getting quite large now!
shellabella
West Central, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 25, 2008
11:52 PM

Post #4454109

Apparently from what I have read, (now that I googled it as well as reading the PF info), thay are one of those "up and comming popular plants" ...guess we are on the leading edge...lol!

I did read it is sensitive to too much light and it is very sensitive to Flouride in the water. Recomendations are to water with rain water or distilled water. Have you been watering with tap water? I was just wondering if what I read is true.
mistygardener
Saint James, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 26, 2008
12:24 AM

Post #4454213

And I only paid 4 bucks for mine! LOL AND, they still have more, but I don't have room for another. I have just been using regular tap water, but we have VERY little chlorine in ours. Donno how much difference that makes, but mine is doing fine. I actually just went and repotted it as I had never done so since buying it a few months back. Good thing, too, as it was dried out and root bound, BAD. Mine gets do direct sun, just the light that shines through on the South side of the house, and what light we use in the house. I don't really know how much flouride we have in out water, so I can't say if it is affecting it in any way, sorry. Good luck!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Bromeliads Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
bromeliads ..how to propogate????? pixiedust 11 Jan 10, 2009 5:14 AM
Aechmea Blue Tango giancarlo 16 Feb 4, 2008 7:24 AM
My cryptanthus collection Chris_Lorry 30 Mar 2, 2009 12:43 PM
Growing a pineapple from the store. mikekilhoffer 20 Feb 18, 2009 7:49 PM
Looking to trade for colorful Bromeliads and similar plants. bwilliams 10 Jan 14, 2008 9:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America