Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Weather: November Daily Weather, The chill is on!

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 263, Views: 1,631
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 16, 2007
3:22 PM

Post #4199606

Howdy all!
Here's a brand new thread to post our weather and daily museings.
Here in Jax;

Clear
Humidity: 50%
Dew Point: 31 F / -1 C
Wind: 7.6 mph / 12 km/h from the NNW
Wind Gust: 11.0 mph / 17 km/h
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa (Falling)
Windchill: 45 F / 7 C
Have a wonderful day.
So far it looks like these survived the cold night.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2007
4:10 PM

Post #4199815

Well I did not grow up in tornado alley, but I spent many an hour on the beach at hurricane parties. Bright, clear (dern it), and it really cooled off - 42, was in the thirties when I went out earlier.

I will try to get some pics of the danged hillbilly cats in a bit.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 16, 2007
4:22 PM

Post #4199889

18*..sunrise at 9:07 (2hours from now), sets: 4:13pm. calm, but not clear; can't see stars overhead.
Rann~the orchid is just beautiful; it sure made me smile to picture your girls as you gave them the ultimatium; ususally works, too:))
MySharona~nice pic, love seeing the everyday places of our DG friends; a nice insight to the area.
Sidney~looks very pretty from here; and hopefully, will survive a few more cold nights.
Music2Keep~~thanks for passing along the hugs/kisses; have a great day;
Dyson~is it light by now? Did you like the long daylight while in Alaska?
The Little Susitna; last year Nov. (looks much the same now).

Thumbnail by kiska

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2007
7:58 PM

Post #4200636

I live in 'tornado alley", too, here in Arkansas and I'm with sugarweed as far as the answer to the trivia question--it has to be "E"--in a downstairs bathtub with a mattress over you!
I haven't been on this thread in over 24 hours and you all sure leave a lot to catch up on.
Rann: those are gorgeous orchids. I have three orchid plants but none are blooming right now.
Kelli: I think it was you who posted a photo of that pretty Christmas cactus?
kiska: things look pretty frozen up your way :o) glad you live there and not me! LOL
sugarweed: that's amazing that your flowers seem to have survived the cold but we also had a freeze last night and would you believe it --the "wave" petunias look as if it didn't faze them!

Cooler today than it has been. Sun is shining but the wind is blowing slightly. It is 60*F on my backporch but it feels colder than that--must be the wind.

here is a photo of those petunias: only a couple of blooms- nothing spectacular-- but you can see the frost didn't appear to affect them any.

Thumbnail by marsue

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 16, 2007
8:26 PM

Post #4200716

Thanks for the new thread, Sidney! Love your coleus!
Wonderful pics,guys! Seems winter is getting close even here,but no snow yet in Bucharest. It's been raining all day yesterday,but a little bit sunny today. Temps are up,about 46 at noon.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 16, 2007
8:31 PM

Post #4200729

Waves last all winter here. We didn't get but to about 42º.
Incidentally if you wonder how I do 'º'. Here's how. Put the temp number and then '&#',then right after put 186. That will give you the degrees sign.
Sidney
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2007
9:27 PM

Post #4200920

Thanks for the tip on making the egrees sign, Sidney. It will be interesting to see how long my 'waves' last. This is the first year I have ever had any 'waves'. Maybe they will last all winter here, too, in spite of the cold weather.
Pretty fall foliage, Adina.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 16, 2007
10:42 PM

Post #4201132

Dyson Where are the danged hillbilly cat pics?! LOL!
Kiska Sure looks cold on the Little Sustina! I cant wait to meet you and see your area in person!

This is the first freeze warning my area has been under. WX is now saying not completely coastal, but Ive pulled in some plants that are tender and wrapped others that are tender, but too heavy to bring in just in case. We have a lot of shade in our yard and on the porches so you just never know if they are going to get it.

53.4 F / 11.9 C
Clear
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 24 F / -4 C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

Tonight
Clear and cold with a freeze inland. Patchy frost after midnight. Lows around 30 inland...in the upper 30s coast. Northwest winds 5 mph.

Freeze warning in effect from 2 am to 8 am EST Saturday...

I'll keep y'all posted on the temps as the evening progresses. I know I won't be awake when the freeze begins! I will be awake be fore it ends though. I'll post pics if we did get a freeze (of course) LOL!

"Callie-saurus what are you doing"?

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 16, 2007
10:43 PM

Post #4201138

"Nothing"

someone was feeling a little frisky this morning!

Thumbnail by MySharona

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 17, 2007
1:39 AM

Post #4201683

Good evening everyone. Just now getting to sit and relax. I got home from work at dark and had to run around covering plants, zipping up the greenhouse, etc. We have a predicted low of 30F. Brrrr. Please cross fingers for my little Queen Palm. Last winter it was in a pot, pampered, covered and wrapped with warm lights. This year it's in the ground, having grown about 2 feet over the summer, and I'm letting it fend for itself!

Rann: That's a beautiful orchid!
Joey: I thing the answer is "C" - interior hallway. (Love your fern.)
Sidney: Ahh! Your pretty coleus. SO nice to see them. Mine are pretty much done for after 2 pretty frigid nights last week.
Sharon: Awww! Callie is adorable. I love those pics.

Currently 53. Clear and dry. No wind.
Lousy picture but this is my little Thanksgvg. cactus, getting ready to bloom. Yay!
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 17, 2007
5:06 AM

Post #4202417

39.2 F / 4.0 C
Clear
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: 29 F / -2 C
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa (Steady)

dysondark and can't sleep
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 17, 2007
5:17 AM

Post #4202428

I've come across a site of live web cam of the northern lights at Fairbanks; looks to be interesting:
http://www.aurorawebcam.com/

Kiska

This message was edited Nov 16, 2007 8:21 PM
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 17, 2007
10:55 AM

Post #4202597

Kiska - Neat web-site

34.0 F / 1.1 C
Clear
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 28 F / -2 C
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa (Rising)

6:14am

33.8 F / 1.0 C
Clear
Humidity: 80%

6:26am - There is frost on the roof
33.4 F / 0 C
Clear
Humidity: 81%
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa

This message was edited Nov 17, 2007 6:32 AM
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 17, 2007
12:09 PM

Post #4202658

Well the temp is climbing. We got some frost on the roof although we didn't officially hit 32*. The houses around us all had frosty roofs. I'm glad I woke up early as I forgot to cover my Night Blooming Cereus a/k/a Dutchman's Pipe - so I grabbed a sweater and ran outside to cover it just in time. I would hate to loose that one. Not a year old and I really want it to bloom.

33.8 F / 1.0 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 29 F / -2 C
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Rising)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 25000 ft / 7620 m

Freeze warning in effect until 8 am EST this morning...

Today
Areas of frost early in the morning. Sunny with high 66 coast. Southeast winds 5 mph. Just noticed the hummingbird feeder is still up! LOL! Must bring it down...

Thumbnail by MySharona

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2007

Post #4202659

Cold this mornig, gonna warm to 60s maybe.

Chance of rain/snow mix on Thanksgiving.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 17, 2007
12:17 PM

Post #4202670

Here's a better frosty roof pic! This is so unusual for us at this time of year!

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 17, 2007
1:00 PM

Post #4202712

Detailed Local Forecast
This Today: Mostly cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 71F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy. Low 49F. Winds light and variable.
Tomorrow: Partly cloudy. High 69F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.

Sharon: I noticed that we will be warmer today than you will! That frost on your roof makes me cold! LOL
Pretty cactus, Deb. I have never had a red Thanksgiving/Christmas cactus. Mine have all been white.
Kiska, I am going to check out that aurora website right now.

Everybody have a great Saturday!
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 17, 2007
2:25 PM

Post #4202940

Kiska: That aurora-cam is "way cool". ! :)
Sharon: Our neighbors have frosty roof tops, too. :) It was exactly 32F on my back porch at 730 this morning. Nearby temp tracker says it hit 30. Also very unusual this early in the season for us.
Marsue: That cactus was a gift last Dec. I was told it was a Christmas cactus, but since it's blooming now, I'm calling it a T-giving cactus. :) I hope to take better photos of it as it blooms. :)

Sunny and cool. High 56F.
Overnight low 35F.
Currently BRIGHT! and 53.
No precip in the forecast for the next week. :(

Deb
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 17, 2007
4:41 PM

Post #4203413

Had a little walkabout. Last night's freeze put the old ki-bosh on the last of the coleus and some of my colocasias. The pansies look quite happy, though. :) The chill has brought the birds back to the feeders finally. I was beginning to think they had lost interest in nuts and seeds and suet!
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 17, 2007
6:05 PM

Post #4203642

Deb, that is so sweet! Love the birdfeeder! My Christmas cactus doesn't have any buds yet, it blooms usually on Christmas. I hope this year will bloom more ! Every year I moved it from its place and the buds won't bloom anymore,did you know that?Can't wait to see the pics!
Marsue,thanks, my Christmas Cactus is pink!
Sharon, freeze?! I hope your plants won't suffer too much! Funny pics of Callie!
Sideny,can you please explain again,I did like you said and nothing happened!
Kiska, thanks for the link, wow,that was amasing!
It rained all day and it was dyson dark. Sleet and snow forecasted for tomorrow...ugh!We hoped to get a sunny day to go to our house and see what's going on. Maybe we'll go anyway!
Boss in the park.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 17, 2007
7:37 PM

Post #4203890

19* and, mostly sunny!!!! sunrise: 9:10; sets: 4:11 loss of 4m59seconds.
It's quite a sight, seeing your frosty roof, MySharona..hope you've saved your plant in time.
Glad you've enjoyed the web site. My grandson is up there for hockey games; they start back this afternoon. about 6 hour drive on a good day.
Adina~Boss looks quite happy to be there. Hopefully you'll get to the house and see how it's coming along.
Deb~nice that the birds have started checking the feeder out again.
Thanks, marsue; it's off to a great start w/sunlight really making the snow bright. Looks like quite a mixed bag of weather for you.
pepper~Thanksgivng day could be a messy one, I'd rather have one or the other.
Kiska
"old" photo; looks same today.

Thumbnail by kiska

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 17, 2007
9:39 PM

Post #4204160

Adina: Sleet and snow together. Nasty forecast. Ugh, indeed! Hope you get to go see the house anyway. :)

It got up to 60F today, but I still have goose bumps from the 28F last night. I'm already tired of being cold and it's not even Thanksgiving! LOL. I'm in trouble. :)
Deb
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 17, 2007
10:06 PM

Post #4204242

Pretty much a chamber of commerce day today.

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on November 17, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
71 F / 22 C
Haze
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 52 F / 11 C

Flowers at Descanso Gardens

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 17, 2007
10:07 PM

Post #4204249

The Boddy House at Decanso Gardens. I'd say it was built in the '30s or '40s.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 17, 2007
10:08 PM

Post #4204252

I was not expecting to see azaleas.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 17, 2007
10:10 PM

Post #4204261

Japanese garden

Thumbnail by Kelli

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 17, 2007
11:52 PM

Post #4204577

Deb ~~ sound's as if you're already to go to somewhere warm:))
kelli~such a beautiful place to spend some time. Again, thanks for posting the pics..
19*F ~~mostly sunny but clouds moving in.
Taken a few minutes ago from the back door. 3pm.
Sunset at 4:11.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 18, 2007
12:48 AM

Post #4204786

Kiska: Oooh That's a lovely shot. (and yes, I have thin southerner's blood! ;> )
Here's a warm pic.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 18, 2007
12:50 AM

Post #4204798

Adino - love your pictures of "Boss". I raised German Shepherds for our local state police during the 60's and know how faithful and protective they are.

Frost in the south - heard that on TV. Hope you can save some treasured plants. We have had rain most of this week. Today was overcast and grey, less wind and really not too bad. It is full moon tonight but we are thoroughly overcast at about 41 degrees. Snow Flurries forecast for tonight into tomorrow morning.
Debi, love your picture of the bird feeder and birdies. I have a thistle feeder up and the goldfinches have just found it. The young immature ones ( brown) have to practice hanging upside down to feed. I can't hang feeders for the other birds yet as there are too many starlings here yet. They will soon leave.
Our foliage is just past peak - with many blazing golden maples still hanging on.

Hoping for good weather for all to travel if you must to join friends and family.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 18, 2007
12:57 AM

Post #4204828

Got into the high 60s today with only a mild breeze. A very nice day all around.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 18, 2007
3:44 AM

Post #4205427

It's been spitting snow here off and on over the past few days. I'm not liking it very much!

Nice photos everyone! I especially like the "warm" ones.

early_bloomer

This message was edited Nov 17, 2007 10:45 PM

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 18, 2007
3:48 AM

Post #4205443

Red oak leaves along the bike trail.

early_bloomer

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 18, 2007
2:11 PM

Post #4206216

Current conditions as of 6:55 am CST

Mostly Cloudy
Feels Like: 48
Barometer: 30.08 in and rising
Humidity: 93%
Visibility: 4 mi
Dewpoint: 46
Sunrise: 6:45 am
Sunset: 5:01 pm

It is overcast and grey here and a little chilly although I can't complain too much since things are supposed to warm up as the day progresses.

Kelli: those photos of the Gardens are lovely
Adina: I love your "Boss". German Shepherds are such beautiful animals. They are loyal and true pets. How is your house progressing?
Deb, I love that "Warm" yellow flower. Is that a black-eyed Susan?
Good leaf photos, E_B
se_eds: our foliage has pretty much faded, too. Seems like it lasted only 2 or 3 days. Our blowing rain storm sent most of the leaves flying the other day. I haven't seen any goldfinches at my thistle feeder yet. Maybe they are still hanging around in your yard! I am sure a flock of them will come through in the next 2 or 3 weeks. We had about a dozen or more robins in our back yard this morning--looking for the worm that the "early bird" catches! LOL Also had a pair of cardinals and some mourning doves but the cardinals and doves are "regulars". They aren't just passing through on their way south.
kiska: I took a look at the aurora website. It is amazing but I am sure it is even more spectacular when viewed "in person" rather than on the web cam.
DH and I spent all day Saturday planting out our two new flowerbeds with plants that we purchased at KMart for 75% off!. We bought two flowering plum trees for just $8.75 each and they were in 7 gallon buckets and were each about 8-10 feet tall. Then we bought a tray of yellow mums in 4 inch pots for just 25 cents each. You would have thought we won the lottery! LOL
Everybody have a great day!
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 18, 2007
10:22 PM

Post #4207603

Se_eds: I had the same thought as Marsue. Not a single goldfinch has shown up at my thistle feeder yet. They must all still be up there with you. :) Guess they'll make their was south, eventually.
Marsue: It is some kind of Bl. Eyed Susan; don't know exactly which one, tho.
E_B: Lovely colors. The ground looks a touch icy in that first one.

Back to 'indian summer" again. Got up to 68F today.
Right now, 64.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. West winds around 5 mph this evening...becoming light and variable.
Monday
Mostly cloudy in the morning...then clearing. Highs in the upper 70s. Southwest winds around 5 mph...becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
No rain in the forecast ffor at least the next 5 days.
Deb

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 19, 2007
12:31 AM

Post #4208017

Deb - 86 deg??? WOW. The greater proportion of finches don't leave until the snows come as they have many flower and weed seeds to eat.

Temp 42 this AM, overcast and grey all day. Rain starting about noon time changed to snow by about 2 PM. We now have about an inch on the ground and it is coming down steadily. Temp is currently 32 and the road crews are spraying antiskid.

Deb, gonna send this participation down to you - hope it melts on the way. LOL
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2007
12:34 AM

Post #4208025

Dark, 59(F) - no rain today

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 41%
Wind: 300 (WNW) at 8mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.21in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 30F
Yesterday's High Temp: 53F
Dew Point: 34
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 58
Wind Chill: 58
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 57F
6hr High Temp: 66F
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 19, 2007
12:39 AM

Post #4208046

Se_eds: Thanks! At this point, I'd take that water in liquid, solid, or any other form! :)
I imagine Dyson might, too.
Deb
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2007
12:50 AM

Post #4208091

Send it !
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 19, 2007
1:58 AM

Post #4208348

Nice day here for the most part. High 50s, mild breeze. Gonna get cold here in a few days. Then supposedly rain, possibly snow by thanksgiving.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 19, 2007
4:10 AM

Post #4208707

It's a chilly 33 and Dyson Dark here. We might get a bit of sunshine tomorrow and temps in the 50's midweek before falling back into the 40's by Thanksgiving day.

marsue...I bought a bunch of roses at 75% off the other day. I got red carpet roses and
some Knockout roses as well as a huge pot that was marked down to $10 from $70.

Photo...Local late fall colors. Note the buck standing at the edge of the woods.

early_bloomer

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 19, 2007
4:48 AM

Post #4208801

Deb~~the bright yellow is beautifully warm:)) very very pretty.
se_eds~~that is quite interesting that you had raised german shepards. We've never had one, but seems like such an intelligent dog.
Boss looks cute and intelligent, Adina.
Seeing the buck at the edge of the woods, with all that fall color, is a fitting touch, E_B, beautiful.
Dyson~~dark, gray, anything except sunlight today, sure wish some of this snow could go further south and help you out.
marsue~what a nice project to be working on in the middle of winter:)
pepper~from nice weather to snow; what a quick change; would you rather have snow or rain?
22*; snowing lightly as it has throughout the day.
Bird at the feeder this afternoon.

Thumbnail by kiska

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 19, 2007
12:01 PM

Post #4209139

I will take any moisture I can get but snow is prettier. :~)
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2007
12:08 PM

Post #4209154

Light, very overcast, still cool @ 45(F)

Thumbnail by Dyson

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 19, 2007
1:03 PM

Post #4209313

Morning All! It's hard to get caught up! It's warmed up some. In the last few days it's been rather chilly...w/ temps in the twenties at night and frost every morning.

Mostly Cloudy45F
Feels like: 43F
Barometer: 30.3 in
Dewpoint: 39
Humidity: 81%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 3 mph S
Sunrise: 7:06 AM
Sunset: 5:10 PM

Great Shots Everybody!
Kiska, Nice to see the birds at your feeder! :D Pretty pic! :D
Deb, I like your feeder pic, too...Still dancin'! Sorry to hear that your flowers got "bit".
Dyson, Hope that you get some rain soon too...(my feet are hurting)
Kelli, Thanks for the "walk-thru"! Gorgeous Garden!
E_B, Great Shots! That buck looks as if he is missing an antler! :-O
Sharon, Frost! Oh My!
Adina?, did you get out to see your house? Love Boss's pose! :D Can't wait to see your pics of the Christmas Cactus! :D
Deb, You have a Thanksgiving Cactus (Thor Nille) too! :D
Sidney! Your Coleus are Oooo-La-La! Thanks! :D

The answer to the trivia is...C
Small hallways in the interior of your house tend to provide the best structural protection in tornadoes.
This may be statistical stuff...I'm inclined to agree w/ Sidney's answer.

Todays' trivia...
If a tornado is heading to your house what should you do with the windows to keep safe?
a) Open them a crack
b) Shut them tight
c) Cross the glass with tape
d) Nothing

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

(an old pic from August at the state fair)

Thumbnail by music2keep

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2007
1:24 PM

Post #4209375

E: move?

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 19, 2007
1:34 PM

Post #4209407

LOL! Dyson...that's what I think, too! :D
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2007
1:38 PM

Post #4209425

Sorry, I was reminded of George Carlins bit - "if you do not like the weather in your area -"
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 19, 2007
4:44 PM

Post #4210140

Deb Congratulations on the win! Hope things have warmed up a little since the freeze. It has warmed up some here.
Adina Boss looks like the Master of the Park!
Kiska Congratulations to you on your win! The plants are all safe. I was able to leave work a little early and had everything covered before dark. I started trimming Lady Margaret back today. She has a little frostbite along the edges. : ( Beautiful sunset! Your little bird looks cold!
Kelli Love the pictures from the Garden. Looks like a peaceful place to relax for a while.
E_B- Nice fall leaves! Very pretty! And the buck Wow! Beautiful.
Se_eds I didnt know the finches stay until it snows. Seems like it would be awfully cold for them by then. Brrr! Then I saw the picture of Kiskas bird sitting in the snow! LOL!!
Joey Im going with B although I like Dysons answer better!

67.8 F / 19.9 C
Overcast
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 50 F / 10 C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h / 0.9 m/s from the NNE
Wind Gust: 8.7 mph / 14.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.30 in / 1026.0 hPa (Falling)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft / 3962 m
Overcast 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Mostly cloudy in the morning and early afternoon then becoming partly cloudy. High 73. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

We went on a bike ride through the Greenway yesterday. It's showing it's Fall colors (LOL)!

Edited to correct typos! LOL!

This message was edited Nov 19, 2007 3:50 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 19, 2007
4:45 PM

Post #4210143

another

Thumbnail by MySharona

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 19, 2007
6:46 PM

Post #4210583

We have some finches that stay all winter. I know a lot of people along the gulf coast have seen an increase in their populations by now.
Had about 1-1/2 in. of snow. Still only 33 degrees but it melted off the sidewalks and roads. Sort of a grey - stay -in-the-house day.
E_B - What a beautiful shot.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 19, 2007
6:52 PM

Post #4210603

Pretty pics, Sharon.
kiska, is that a "snowbird"? LOL
Joey, pretty flower--and I'm going with "D" for the trivia answer. We used to hear that you should raise the windows a little to lessen the air pressure in the house but now "they" are saying it doesn't help, so short of moving, like Dyson, just hide in the bathtub and do nothing except shake with fright and pray that it doesn't get you! (been there, done that) I once watched a tornado as it went through the city of Cabot in March, 1976, and my husband and all 4 of my children were in the direct path of it. The downtown area was totally demolished but not one area school was hit nor the day care where my two youngest children were. 4 people died that day and they were all inside the only 2 story building in Cabot. My husband, his partner and their secretary were in the back corner of that building--the only part left standing, and they were scared silly but unhurt. At that time there was no "early warning" system. After that, the city of Cabot got themselves a tornado warning system with sirens and the "whole 9 yards." It was too late for those who died but at least it may help save some in the future. However, it has been 30 + years and we have had no tornadoes here since.
Enough about tornadoes.
E_B; pretty picture--I would have missed that buck if you hadn't pointed it out!
DH and I found roses for $7.50 at Ace Hardware yesterday (after I talked the manager down to that price, LOL) They were pretty sorry looking, some had no leaves at all, but I figure I can get my money back if they don't live through the winter. For $7.50, I couldn't pass them up!
Didn't mean to write a book.
Here's our forecast:
Partly cloudy today, High 72; partly cloudy tonight, low 58--like Deb, we are back to Indian summer again.
Here's a pic of the only two roses we bought yesterday that still had blooms on them: Sunsprite(yellow) and Rio Samba.

Thumbnail by marsue

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 19, 2007
7:10 PM

Post #4210646

I see that Deb has won in some of the photo contest categories. Congratulations.

I'll vote for D. I've heard that if you see a tornado coming, forget about the windows. Get away from them and go into your hiding place.

Nothing noteworthy here.

Updated: 10:51 AM PST on November 19, 2007
68 F / 20 C
Haze
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 45 F / 7 C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h / 1.5 m/s from the East

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 19, 2007
7:19 PM

Post #4210674

Forgot to say congratulations on the wins, Deb, Kelli, and Kiska!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 19, 2007
8:53 PM

Post #4210916

Oops I'm sorry Kelli - I forgot to congratulate you too!

Cormorant

Thumbnail by MySharona

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 19, 2007
9:42 PM

Post #4211087

Thanks,guys, Boss says Hi! I didn't get to the house,afterall because we had such a terribles storm and we hardly get to the Ikea mall to see some furniture,then we came back home.It's been raining and snowing since yesterday,but it was mostly sleet. About 31ºF.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 19, 2007
10:14 PM

Post #4211187

After reading through first, I think I'll go check on the photo contest; thanks so much; will be back soon.
Kiska
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 19, 2007
10:24 PM

Post #4211224

Congratulate me for what???
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 20, 2007
12:27 AM

Post #4211700

Well, I'm apologizing again Kelli - Kell won 2 spots on the contest. :(

Kiska - Here are some turtles for the GK's

Thumbnail by MySharona

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 20, 2007
12:53 AM

Post #4211790

E_B: Lovely photo. I want to thank you for not entering the contest this year. LOL! Gave the rest of us a chance. ;->
Kidding - you know I love all your beautiful pics.
Kiska: I had a feeling your "Christmas Card" photo would do well.
Joey: I guess "D", although I have no idea. I think Dyson's answer is best. Give me hurricanes over tornadoes any day. More time to "move".
Adina: Boss is very handsome. Give him a pat for me. :)
Sharon: That's nice to have a natural place like that to go on a bike ride. I always enjoy your photos of it.

Upper 70s today, barely going to crack 50 overnight. I think we had about 30 seconds of rain this morning. I had left a towel hanging over the garden fence, and it was only wet on one side. Dancing appreciated, right Dyson?

They are saying we may get rain on Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed.
And thanks for the congratulations. I was stunned. Really.
Deb
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 20, 2007
1:34 AM

Post #4211951

Congrats to all the folks that won. And yes E_B you should have stuck some little ole winner in there.
Sidney
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 20, 2007
2:25 AM

Post #4212148

Today it got to 71* at work and was and still is very windy. I can hear the wind over my TV. Tomorrow about the same til night then it will go down to 56* and get colder.

Rain and possibly snow on Weds and Weds night so far. Depends on what the system does.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 20, 2007
2:59 AM

Post #4212336

Thanks for the congrats; and I send out congratulations, as well. What a thrill; and seeing ones I'd voted for as winners, too, was fun. Very difficult contest to judge, wasn't it? Every entry was so good.
MySharona~~would you believe this afternoon I was telling my daughter about the turtle photos you'd posted. Perfect timing. Very nice pic, too.
Pepper~what a wild temp swing, from 70's down to snow forecast; how do you know how many layers to wear:?)
18*F; dark, sunrise was 9:15 and set at 4:07. High winds predicted; not good w/all this new fluffy snow.
Under construction; (not ours)>
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 20, 2007
4:22 AM

Post #4212570

Whoops, re: the photo contest: guess I thought I was seeing "Kelli" and I was really seeing "Kell". --Aging eyes, even with glasses, sometimes find it hard to read smaller print--LOL
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 20, 2007
10:44 AM

Post #4212919

43(F) dark & dry

Relative Humidity: 82%
Wind: 140 (SE) at 3mph
Pressure: 30.24in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 44F
Yesterday's High Temp: 57F
Dew Point: 40
Visibility: 7mi
Ceiling: 5500ft
Heat Index: 45
Wind Chill: 45
6hr Low Temp: 47F
6hr High Temp: 52F
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 20, 2007

Post #4212986

Kiska, I usually wear 2 or 3 shirts at work when it's cold. That way I can take layers off if I get hot and put them back on if I get cold. I am constantly in and out of buildings so I always make sure to have layers plus a good coat and insulated bibs. Plus a hat to cover my face cause the wind is cold on the golf cart.

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 20, 2007
12:26 PM

Post #4213012

Good Mornin' All! :D We are back in the warm mode...too late for Indian summer. But here are the stats...

Mostly Cloudy46F
Feels like: 46F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 45
Visibility: 7 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:07 AM
Sunset: 5:09 PM

Kiska, & Deb! CONRATULATIONS! :D

Kiska, That looks really COLD! I like the snow, but the ice I can do w/out! When we get ice here..it's not pretty...At least w/ snow you have traction.
Thanks Marsue...it was a summer pic, and the one I'm gonna post here is one as well.
Pepper, Stay Warm!

Great Pics! Everybody!

The answer to the trivia is...(you all are getting Good!)...D
Doing anything to the windows won't make you any safer, and costs you precious time to get to safety.

Todays trivia is...(I think we are in "rerun mode")
What do meteorologists measure on the Fujita scale?
a) Hurricanes
b) Tornadoes
c) Wind Chill Temperature
d) Ozone Levels

Have a Great Day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 20, 2007
1:40 PM

Post #4213192

Adina Boss is such a great smiler! Hes so handsome!
Deb I love riding in the greenway. Were supposed to get rain too on Thursday. Im looking forward to it!
Pepper Are you looking forward to the snow?
Kiska I just knew that picture would be in the top 3! Its awesome! Icicles! Brrrrr.
Dyson Are you expecting rain on Thursday?
Joey - Seems a little warm in your area. Hmmm. I'm going with B - Tornadoes.

60.4 F / 15.8 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 59 F / 15 C
Pressure: 30.27 in / 1024.9 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 4.0 miles / 6.4 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 8000 ft / 2438 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Areas of dense fog in the morning with visibilities reduced to one quarter mile or less. Highs in the upper 70s inland...mid 70s coast. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Alarm didn't go off today...running late...here's another cormorant pic.

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 20, 2007
5:09 PM

Post #4213925

I'm going with "a" for the answer to the quiz.

Here's our forecast through Thanksgiving:
Today: A mix of clouds and sun. High 73F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. (I don't know where they get that "a mix of clouds and sun". I haven't seen the sun all morning--very grey and overcast and misting rain.)
Tonight: Partly to mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms developing overnight. Low 61F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Tomorrow: Mixed clouds and sun with scattered thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe. High 69F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Tomorrow night: A few showers early with overcast skies late. Low around 40F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Thursday: More sun than clouds. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 30s. (Sounds as if things are going to cool off considerably around here!)

Everyone here in the U.S. have a great Thanksgiving and try not to eat too much! I'll be back after Thursday.

Adina: I just want to hug that "Boss" of yours! He is a little too big for a lap dog, though! LOL
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 20, 2007
5:28 PM

Post #4213981

Another beautiful day in NE Florida.
Joey I think they look at tornados that way, so b is my answer.
Too much on sale this time of year.
Sidney
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 20, 2007
5:45 PM

Post #4214028

Happy Thanksgiving Marsue!

Sidney - I agree! Not enough $$$$ to buy all I want! LOL!

73.4 F / 23.0 C
Humidity: 48%
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the ENE
Wind Gust: 6.7 mph / 10.8 km/h
Pressure: 30.24 in / 1023.9 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 77 F / 25 C
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 3500 ft / 1066 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Another turtle

Thumbnail by MySharona

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 20, 2007
7:44 PM

Post #4214446

63* overcast and a nice day to stay inside. We got the rest of the x-mas lights up yesterday. Just need to hang the window decorations in December and decorate inside.

They aren't moose...

Thumbnail by billyporter

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 20, 2007
8:04 PM

Post #4214502

Nope.. a bit short for moose. LOLOL! :-)

It's warm here right now, but there is another chilly front moving through. We're going to have thunderstorms this afternoon (supposedly starting any second now on this side of town.. I need to get the sofa pillows into the bathroom and start avoiding windows! LOL), more of the same tomorrow, and then the highs will only be in the 50s on Thursday. It'll be kinda nice to have actual fall weather for Thanksgiving for once!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 1:53pm CST (7 min ago)
Temperature 80 F 27 C
Dew Point 64 F 18 C
Humidity 59%
Pressure 30.01 in 1016.2 mb
Wind Speed 14 MPH 12 kts
Wind Dir S 180
Ceiling 7000 ft 2134 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 82 F 28 C
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 66.9F / 19.4C
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 20, 2007
8:48 PM

Post #4214586

71(F) warm, light & dry

I am not going to put up any decorations which require electric power this year, think instead I will try to build decorations w/materials from the woods, will start tomorrow.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 20, 2007
10:01 PM

Post #4214866

Deb,we were stunned by your pics too! I patted Boss for you, thanks!
Sharon, love that cormorant pic!Hugs from Boss !
Marsue, Boss is definately not a lap dog!LOL Have a wonderful time and A Happy Thanksgiving!
Kiska, beautiful icicles!
Sidney, beautiful day here too,finally sunny and warmer!
Boss near a mulberry tree.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 20, 2007

Post #4214981

B_P LOL! Awwwwwwww - Not Moose, but very beautiful!
Marylyn Amen to the cool weather coming! Im looking forward to a cool Thanksgiving weekend. Although our weather wont begin the change until Thursday evening.
Dyson Youll have to post pictures throughout your project! Did you get pics of the danged hillbilly cats yet?!
Adina Boss is such a good boy sitting pretty for his mama! Give him lots of loves from me and Prissy!
Joey How about some JW pics?! I need a fix of our baby boy!

67.6 F / 19.8 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 58 F / 15 C
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Steady)
Clouds: Few 4000 ft / 1219 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Patchy dense fog after midnight. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. Southeast winds 5 mph shifting to the south after midnight.

Thumbnail by MySharona

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 20, 2007
10:55 PM

Post #4215015

Beautiful Boss! I love his smile!

Dyson, I'd like to see one of your creations after you get it together.

Marylyn, 80* sounds so good to me even tho we hit 63*. Overcast all day and no rain.

Sharon, you have an eye for turtles. They're hard to spot sometimes!

Sugar, ''on sale'' was so long ago for me :(( It sure sounds good to be shopping!

Marsue, have a great Thanksgiving!

Sharon, neat pic of the cormorant!

Joey, neat picture! I love the blend of blooms!

Pepper, I layer in the house, (smile,) I too am constantly shedding and putting back on.

Dyson, sorry it's dry.

Kiska, those are the cleanest prettiest icicles I've seen! I'm behind, so I didn't know about the contest winners. Congrats!!!!

Congrats to the rest who won too!!!!

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 20, 2007
11:22 PM

Post #4215088

Danged hillbilly cats are camera shy - I got a couple of pics but got to download, & the cable is where?
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 21, 2007
12:12 AM

Post #4215232

B_P - Thank you!
Dyson - LOL!!

Sunset 2 nights ago (same day as greenway bike ride)

Thumbnail by MySharona

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 21, 2007
2:35 AM

Post #4215710

Temps going down now. Rain coming in sometime tomorrow, then supposedly changing to snow. So far it looks like the snow will be north of I-70 so we may only get a dusting at the most.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 21, 2007
3:46 AM

Post #4215943

Speaking of being behind, it's 6:30pm and it's been a long day; no sunlight makes it seem it never quite arrived:)) Thanks, bp.
bp: the deer are beautiful; such graceful animals; very unlike their moose cousins:))?
The temp has raised considerably with high wind to 50mph and moisture that is rain; not good this time of year as it freezes as it hits the frozen ground. 37*F.
pepper; seems you are ready for whatever weather you'll be out in.
MySharona~sunsets, bike rides and turtles and cormorants; what a great variety you've have.
Adina~glad you've had a good day, finally~~nice Boss pic, too.
Dyson~hope you'll post a pic of the decorations you make; sounds nice.
Marylyn~~hope the storm isn't too bad, but a question; pillows in the bathroom, something to do w/storm?
Just for fun; not today's pic.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 21, 2007
10:37 AM

Post #4216337

Kiska - I can't imagine not having daylight for months on end. At this point we get dark around 5:30. By 7:00 it's so dark outside I feel like it's time for bed. How do you do it?
Pepper - A light dusting of snow sounds so pretty!

53.2 F / 11.8 C
Clear
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 51 F / 11 C
Visibility: 6.0 miles / 9.7 kilometers

Now
Through 6 am...areas of fog are expected across northeast Florida... with patches of dense fog developing near Jacksonville... Middleburg...and from Palatka to Ocala. Sudden changes in visibilities can be expected...especially near low spots in roadways and open areas. Drivers should use caution and use only low beam headlights. Visibilities will drop below one quarter of a mile at times.

Today
Partly cloudy. Areas of dense fog early in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times early in the morning. High 78 coast. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

I almost missed this pelican!

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 21, 2007
10:38 AM

Post #4216339

I forgot to add "It's DysonDark outside"!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 21, 2007
1:53 PM

Post #4216726

Kiska, I was just being silly and referring to Sidney's plans for tornadoes a handful of posts back. As it turned out, we didn't get any rain anyway. Maybe this afternoon. :-)

Sharon, that's a gorgeous sunset!!!

I need to decide pretty quickly what we are going to eat tomorrow... We usually spend Thanksgiving with dh's sister and her family, but they are going to North Carolina this year, so we're just going to have a quiet day at home. It sounds very nice to me. :-) Since dh changed jobs this summer, he doesn't have any vacation time yet, so we are really looking forward to a 4 day weekend!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CST (54 min ago)
Temperature 68 F 20 C
Dew Point 66 F 19 C
Humidity 93%
Pressure 29.97 in 1014.9 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir SSE 160
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 5 mi 8.0 km
Current Conditions Mist
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 66.9F / 19.4C

Today Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning, then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent in the morning increasing to 40 percent in the afternoon.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 21, 2007
5:22 PM

Post #4217502

It is sunny and brisk this morning. It would be a good morning for hiking, but we can't go today. We did take MIL on a short, easy hike on Monday.

Updated: 8:51 AM PST on November 21, 2007
53 F / 12 C
Haze
Dew Point: 47 F / 8 C

This is my white Thanksgiving cactus. Thanksgiving cacti do well for me but I can't keep Christmas cacti alive.

Thumbnail by Kelli

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 21, 2007
5:37 PM

Post #4217566

Marylyn - Sounds like a nice quiet weekend for you. Enjoy!
Kelli - Your Thanksgiving cactus is gorgeous! Mine is still all buds as my Christmas cactus.

75.7 F / 24.3 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 44%
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the SSE
Wind Gust: 7.4 mph / 11.9 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 78 F / 25 C
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4500 ft / 1371 m

It's really nice outside right now. A flock of Pelicans.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 21, 2007
5:40 PM

Post #4217576

Has the law of gravity been suspended in FL?;-)
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 21, 2007
5:42 PM

Post #4217580

They are very tricky pelicans and it's raining REALLY hard!
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 21, 2007
5:43 PM

Post #4217584

Yes, I saw them too.
;)
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 21, 2007
5:45 PM

Post #4217589

Dang it! LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 21, 2007
5:55 PM

Post #4217615

I thought maybe that crazy FL gravity was why so much of the space program goes on there.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 21, 2007
6:26 PM

Post #4217691

38*; rain, messy and sunrise is soon, 9:21; but it's not really going to do any good with the low clouds. Sunset at 4:02. Loss of 4m42seconds.
The record high on this date was in 1949 @ 51*
The record low on this date was in 1993 @ -17.
MySharona; it's not pitch dark for months, just Dyson Dim, bright Dim or barely Dim...There are times of sunlight interspersed, not often, but are greatly appreciated when it happens. It just makes it more interesting as the days keep getting shorter and it usually doesn't bother me.
So many pelicans; looks great at any angle.
Marylyn~~have a wonderful day at home tomorrow. And, thanks for the info as to being a joke~~not too familiar w/those storms and wasn't sure what you do to get ready...
Kelli~the white cactus is just beautiful; I've not seen one like that. 53* seems good, too.
A splash of color at the end of May.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 21, 2007
6:40 PM

Post #4217728

After having lived here for so long, I think that the Alaskan darkness might get to me, but I suppose I'd adapt to it.

The wind has picked up.

Updated: 10:38 AM PST on November 21, 2007
Humidity: 25%
Dew Point: 35 F / 2 C
Wind: 9.0 mph / 14.5 km/h / 4.0 m/s Variable
Wind Gust: 23.0 mph / 37.0 km/h

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2007
1:36 AM

Post #4218842

Sharon: Beautiful sunset and pelican pics. They are such graceful birds. I love the way they seem to glide forever just above the water.
Kiska: I like it better when you're gaining daylight instead of losing it. :) Pretty green woodland, by the way.
Kelli: Gorgeous cactus!! And beautiful white. Mine only has one bloom open so far.

I love this forecast:
Tonight
Mostly cloudy. Isolated showers after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. Not as cool. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.
Thanksgiving Day
Cloudy with scattered showers with isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain. :)
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 22, 2007
1:46 AM

Post #4218881

Icy rain all morning into afternoon then it changed into snow. I have no idea what the temps have been since I didn't make it to the building that has the thermometer. It was cold for sure. lol.

The rain hurt our faces, the wind hurt my nose, and the snow didn't bother me. It was slick coming home though. The roads were icy from the rain then the snow on top.

We just have a dusting since the system broke up before hitting MO so it was scattered rain/snow.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 22, 2007
2:41 AM

Post #4219049

I kind of liked the sideways pelican pic, Sharon! LOL
Great photo of the moon, Deb.
Love the spring greenery, Kiska, although I was halfway expecting to see a moose in there somewhere!
We had rain off and on most of the day but it is headed east now.--Hope you get some of it ,Deb!

The temperature has dropped considerably since the front came through.
Low tonight of 40 and high tomorrow of 51.
Our forecast sounds a lot better than your rain, wind and snow, Pepper. and yours, too, Kiska. I'm with Kelli--I don't think I could take those long, dark days and I know my DH couldn't. Whenever the skies are grey, he is, too,--he suffers from SADS--seasonal affective disorder syndrome. Guess I need to affix one of those round fluorescent light bulbs over his head--sort of like a halo!--LOL
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 22, 2007
6:14 AM

Post #4219518

It's been warm. It's going to get cold. I'm sad.

I want to wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

early_bloomer

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 22, 2007
9:19 AM

Post #4219605

Hey everyone! Great photos!

Congrats Kiska and Deb :-)

It's 9:15, it's still dark, the sky is clear and the stars are out. Really nice to see them again - it's been quite a while ;-) It's really cold this morning. My thermometer reads 28F, but the closest weather station reports 23F. Fortunately it's calm 0 - 4 mph from the SE. The humidity is 75%, I thought it would be lower since our skin is cracking - guess it's from the cold - or the humidity is probably lower inside when the radiators are turned up.
Kiska - sounds like quite a nasty storm you had. Great photos!

Sharon - beautiful sunset and greenway photos!

Sally - beautiful photo of the deer :-)

Kelli - gorgeous Thanksgiving cactus :-)

Debi - beautiful moon!

EB - Hope you have a wonderfully cheerful Thanksgiving ;-)

I took this photo on Tuesday of the sunset - around 4 pm. Sunrise today will be at 10:18 and sunset will be at 4:09. Kiska - our sunrise is almost an hour later than yours but we have sunset at almost the same time ;-).

Hope all of you in the US have a happy Thanksgiving!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 22, 2007
12:31 PM

Post #4219696

Current conditions as of 5:55 am CST

Cloudy
Feels Like: 32
Barometer: 30.31 in and rising
Humidity: 70%
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: 30
Wind: NNW 12 mph
Sunrise: 6:49 am
Sunset: 4:59 pm

As EB said: It has been warm. Now it is cold. BRRRR! EB; that's a pretty lane in the "forest". Is that a walking trail in a park somewhere?
Rann: great photo of the sunset behind that tree. Is that a spruce tree of some kind?

Happy Thanksgiving to all here in the U.S! ( I snuck in here long enough to make this post!)
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 22, 2007
12:56 PM

Post #4219726

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

I just want y'all to know that I am thankful for your friendship and feel blessed to have you as a part of my life!

Deb Is it raining? We have rain!! YAY! Well, more like sprinkly rain, but its still rain! Love that moon!
Pepper Brrrr Icy rain : (
Kiska I love the spring green! Very pretty!
E_B That looks like a wonderful place for a walk! Is that you? I hope you have a cheerful Thanksgiving try not to be sad.
Rann I shuddered at the thought of your skin cracking. Do you have any humidifiers? They help my skin when we actually get dry air. Lovely sunset picture! How are your foot and hip?
Marsue I had to laugh at the thought of your DH with a lamp over his head! Maybe something like the halo they make for cats and dogs to keep from scratching! LOL!!
Dyson - Do you have rain?

Looks like Georgia is getting some much needed rain as well. We have a lot to be thankful for!
65.1 F / 18.4 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 60 F / 16 C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the WSW
Wind Gust: 4.5 mph / 7.2 km/h
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 12000 ft / 3657 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers in the morning...then showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

The homemade baked mac & cheese is made. The pecan cheesecake pie is in the oven. The bird is ready once the pie is finished. I alwasy make Thaksgiving dinner by scratch, it's a lot of work, but I sure enjoy the baking and cooking. This is the one day a year that I don't think about calories, etc!

I sent Jeff to the beach to get pics of the sunrise this morning. I think he was still asleep as only 2 pics aren't blurry! LOL! We're having a quiet Thanksgiving at home this year. I have 5 days off (niiiiiice!) so I'll get the Christmas decorations started tomorrow.

Here is a picture I took at the end of our street

This message was edited Nov 22, 2007 7:57 AM

This message was edited Nov 22, 2007 5:32 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 22, 2007
12:57 PM

Post #4219727

And here is one Jeff took with coffee in hand! LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 22, 2007
1:46 PM

Post #4219804

Sharon - sounds like dinner at your house will be delicious :-) Pecan cheesecake pie sounds yummy - would you mind sharing the recipe?
I don't have a humidifier - but I need one! We've been thinking about getting one for ages because everyone in the family has really dry skin. In the meantime I just spread on the lotion really thick! lol The foot is about the same - doesn't hurt much if I don't overdo it - same with the hip. Thanks for asking. The foot should be as good as new in 1-2 weeks. Then the hip will hopefully get better too with the extra strain gone.

Marsue - thanks :-) Yes the tree is a Sitka spruce (P. sitchensis), there are a lot of them around here. They're far too big for regular sized gardens - but when they were planted about 30 years ago people didn't have any idea they'd get so big. At that time people really didn't think any tree would grow big here ;-) lol Now there are a lot of Sitka spruce taking over gardens and blocking out sunlight. A popular way to get rid of them is to donate the overgrown tree as a Christmas tree to the town - they'll remove it for free ;-) They put the trees up around town and decorate with lights.

The sun's out, it's still fairly calm. A very beautiful day. Still very cold though, looks like our high today will be around 30F.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 22, 2007
1:52 PM

Post #4219813

Shoot I forgot to post the photo I meant to go with that post - well here it is:

Have you ever seen a cat walk on water? ;-) lol Those two cats live here on the street and are daily visitors at the pond. The photo was taken on Monday when it was raining ;-) I thought cats didn't like to get their feet wet, but this one didn't seem to mind ... he even crawled under the bridge so he must have gotten his belly wet too ;-) lol

Thumbnail by rannveig

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 22, 2007
1:56 PM

Post #4219820

Good Morning Everybody! :D I want you all to know that I'm am so Thankful for the privilege to call you friends! :D

Have a Great Thanksgiving Everybody! :D

(JW playing peek-a-boo w/ poppy)

Thumbnail by music2keep

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 22, 2007
2:19 PM

Post #4219874

SORRY to be gone SO long!!
Life got in the way.
Moving Plants inside (about 150 Tropicals and only one GH for a bit)... rebuilding the Plantroom... (the reason there's only one GH)...
Work and a new Microwave/Hood to install in the Kitchen kinda got me behind.
And again I apologize!

I'll get caught up here quickly though.

Deb and Kiska ... CONGRATS on the photo contest!!
The pictures are MARVELOUS!!!!!
I wasn't until it started that I realized I really hadn't shot much this year other than construction photos.
THAT I have to change!

Well when we got out of the Spa at 11 PM last night it was 64 ...
it's now down to 41 ... 37 where we're going up in Dayton...
Going down all day THEY say...
course THEY say it's only going down to 37 by tonight there too! LOL!
Drizzly, Windy and Grey but no precipitation called for...
And POP the Sun just broke thru for a second!

We've had a few heavy frosts here and one minor freeze so far.
Our EE's in the front yard and Bananas in the back have sustained a little burn damage but are still growing strong.
THAT will change by the end of the weekend... they are calling for 24 by Saturday morning...
But all in all we've had a mellow November so far.
Plenty of rain, Finally some Fall color, Harvested Bell Peppers last weekend.

Well off to the Families for the day... the LONGGGGGGG Day...
BBL
HUGS!!!!
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 22, 2007
3:16 PM

Post #4220016

Rann - I'll post the recipe at the end of this post. That's a pretty kitty! My cats hate to get wet so today they are displeased with staying in! LOL! They're stting at the sliding glass doors justwaiting for the rain to stop.
Joey - Awwww - sweet JW with his Poppy! He's getting so big! What are his stats?
Ric - Hi! Glad to have you back! Sounds like you've been busy - looks it too - is that your pond/waterfall? Take some time off today and enjoy the holiday.

It's raining a little harder than earlier and a little cooler. I'm enjoying the doors being open to catch the breezes. I really don't think we're going to hit the predicted high of 76*.

Now
Through 10 am...an area of light to moderate rain with embedded isolated thunderstorms continues to move east across northeast Florida. The area is moving northeast to east at 10 to 15 mph. Rainfall amounts will range from a tenth to a quarter of an inch with isolated higher amounts in thunderstorms. Expect...brief gusty winds...heavy downpours and dangerous lightening with thunderstorm activity.

Pecan Cheesecake Pie

Ingredients
1 refrigerated piecrust
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
1 cup light corn syrup

Preparation
1. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions. Fold edges under, and crimp.
2. Beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and salt at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture into piecrust; sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans.
3. Whisk together corn syrup and remaining 3 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla; pour mixture over pecans. Place pie on a baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 on lowest oven rack 50 to 55 minutes or until pie is set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 2 days.

I serve warm with Cool Whip and just a small sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.

Enjoy!

Taken last night

Thumbnail by MySharona

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2007
4:54 PM

Post #4220226

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Sharon - I'm glad you have rain! It's still in our forecast, but it's just been overcast all day. No wet stuff yet.
Dyson- - Got rain?
They say it will get cool here after the non-existent rain passes through.
Currently 71 and cloudy.
DH is making a cheese cake. Yummm!
Beautiful collection of skies everyone!
Ric! Good to 'see' you! Can't wait to see how your "water feature" turns out.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 22, 2007
4:59 PM

Post #4220233

Unlike the report, is it sunny here at El Rancho Kelli, but still brisk - in a southern CA kind of way. It will warm up. They're calling for a high of 69F. I'd like to go to the beach after dinner. I'm gettng tired of sitting around the house. Plus, undoubtedly, the neighbors will we having their outdoor fried turkey party with music that is louder than it needs to be.

Updated: 8:13 AM PST on November 22, 2007
45 F / 7 C
Fog
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 45 F / 7 C
Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h / 2.1 m/s from the ENE

Some more little weather "delights"

Gusty north to northeast winds are expected to develop Friday
afternoon and continue through Sunday. The strongest winds...
20 to 40 mph with gusts to around 65 mph... are expected Friday
night and Saturday morning through and below passes and canyons...
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 22, 2007
5:01 PM

Post #4220239

Aww... I was just kidding about being sad. Yeah, that's me. I was walking the local bike trail and set the camera on a bridge railing and took a self portrait. I look blurry 'cause I'm so darn speedy! :-) The trail is 5 miles long now but there are plans to add another 15 miles. It follows an old railway bed.

Deb...Congratulations! Your doggy photo is a keeper.

Kiska...Way to go! You have posted some beautiful photos here during the past year but that pink snowy sunrise is my favorite!

Hi Henry...It's nice to have you back. I bought a big pot on sale recently and thought of you. I can't imagine why.

Grandma Joey...You have a great holiday too. The little lunker seems to be growing. Give him a turkey leg!

Rannveig...I have now! (seen a cat walking on water) Nice composition and colors in your sunrise.

Sharona...beautiful colors in that sky. Looks like that part of the country is finally getting some rain.

Well...It's spitting snow here now after a night of hard steady rain. Calling for mostly dry over the weekend though with a peak of sunshine on Sunday. Maybe I can finally get the rest of the leaves raked up.

early_bloomer

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2007
5:13 PM

Post #4220254

E_B: Thanks! Had I known my pup's pic was going to win, I'd have paid more attention to the focus! LOL.
Kelli: Looks like you're in for a blustery time! Hope your Thanksgiving is "quiet". :)
Deb
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2007
5:16 PM

Post #4220256

No rain - lots of family though.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 22, 2007
5:40 PM

Post #4220298

Sharon, I love the way the sun sets on all of us, but each of us see something different. Love the reflection of sun peeking thru.

Kiska, that bright red raggedy hair is a nice contrast to the snow.

Sharon, imagine my suprise a few years ago seeing the pelicans migrate over our town. That is a sight. If you can get a quiet day you can hear their wings whoosh as they turn in unison. Another lovely sky!

Marylyn, sorry about the rain. We all got drenched this summer and now we still need rain. Your quiet Thanksgiving will be very nice!

Kelli, so pretty! I've never seen a white one before!!

Sharon, your next pelican pic with Kelli's & Marylyn's comments got me to giggling.

Kiska, the trees and greenery make a beautiful picture! I love the decaying log and mushrooms. That's what life is all about!

Deb, a moon as nice as a NASA picture. I love the stars!! I hope you get your rain!

Pepper, we has rain, rain mixed with sleet, OUCH, and rain mixed with snow. It hit 36* and didn't change much.

Marsue, so sorry your husband suffers from SADS. I love a gloomy day as much as a sunny one. I wish he could too.

Early, love the guy in the woods! Very nice place to walk.

Rann, love the bright yellow of the sun behind the tree. Just the color it should be!

Sharon, dinner sounds wonderful!! The sky pictures are beautiful! Good Job!!

Rann, get better soon! A humidifier should help a lot and only has to be run when it's really dry. Love the tree solution! Aawww, beatuiful cats!! Love the walk on water effect!!

Joey, love the peek a boo! What a wonderful extra to have at Thanksgiving!!!

Ric, I hear you, I hate missing a day on Dave's, but it has happened a lot. Glad you made it back! Construction photos are always interesting! The leaves are pretty!

Sharon, I'm enjoying your rain :)) Gorgeous picture!!

Deb, gorgeous trees!!!!

Kelli, a walk at the beach to settle dinner is just what I would like to do!

Early, another beautiful picture of leaves! You are speedy! :))

Deb, I still need to look at the contest pictures. Maybe I can do that this afternoon if DH doesn't beat me to the computer.

Dyson, a beautiful day no matter what the weather!

34* and our snow from this morn is melted. Still cloudy and chilly. Quiet day here. Our doings are Saturday.

I'm thankful that I found Dave's. It's opened up the world for me and I've met more people than I ever would in my life. Hugs and a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

Sally

Snow in the backyard this morn.

Thumbnail by billyporter

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2007
6:05 PM

Post #4220347

I can not eat any more DHC's (danged hillbilly cats) will eat well also.

bright, 69(F)
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 22, 2007
8:15 PM

Post #4220524

Bike ride time...whew!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 22, 2007
9:39 PM

Post #4220612

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
I'm sending these Thanksgiving flowers
To show how much I care;
And because I want to let you know
That I'm so glad you're always there.

I'm really thankful for your friendship,
Because if there's one thing that is true,
I just don't know what I would do
Without a good friend like you.

You really are a blessing to me,
And I hope you have a wonderful
Thanksgiving holiday!
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 22, 2007
9:41 PM

Post #4220615

Happy Thanksgiving everyone; and, I'm so happy that my sister, (SacValley), give me a subscription to DG. What a wonderful window to the world.
Thanks, too/contest.
It's just after noon, and dinner will be in a couple of hours, at a friend's home.
I'm almost embarrased to let you know that it's up to 38*/very windy; no sunshine. Not the Alaska temps you'd think this time of year.
How sweet JW is; snuggled on poppy's lap, just great.
Sorry to be so far behind for personal notes, but, hi and it's good seeing you here again, henryr10.
The fall colors posted and snow, too; love them all.
Thank you Adina~ very beautiful sentiment and photo.
Kiska

This message was edited Nov 22, 2007 12:43 PM
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2007
9:43 PM

Post #4220617

Well the crowd has been eating for hours now, seven adults, three semi adults and 5 small children, I may be getting old as I actually prefer the company of the danged hillbilly cats at times like this.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 22, 2007
10:50 PM

Post #4220723

Deb Any rain yet? The trees are gorgeous! WOW!
Kelli Did you go on your walk?
Sally Ive never had the chance to see pelicans during a quiet time. There are always lots of people around making noise. Brrr snow!
Adina I agree with Kiska, thats a beautiful sentiment!
Dyson - You're cracking me up! Sometimes I prefer the company of my pets to people as well too! The guys are heading to the refrigerator for dinner...I'm done. No more food for me today. Tomorrow will be a salad, yogurt and fruit day - LOL!

69.4 F / 20.8 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 73%
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Rising)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 10000 ft / 3048 m

Our high was 72.3* today. The bike ride lasted about 2 hours. We rode around 1/2 the island. First stop was to see the progress of our new church going up.

Thumbnail by MySharona

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2007
11:12 PM

Post #4220758

Dyson: I'm with you! The older I get, the less I like crowds. :)
Sharon: Nope. Looks like they got it wrong again. Not a drop and the forecast keeps changing with the rain chance getting smaller and smaller. Sigh. Oh well maybe something over the weekend.
Adina: Thank you for the Thanksgiving flowers and poem. Very nicely said.
Kiska: 38 sounds pretty good. :)
Deb
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 22, 2007
11:56 PM

Post #4220825

Stuffed full of turkey and tired of the noise and confusion, really loved it, but enough is enough. Temps were 61 at noon time, beautiful sunshine. Front came through and it is currently 45 deg and very windy. Knocked down our gorgeous golden leaves.

It is going to be cold now I guess.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 23, 2007
12:22 AM

Post #4220877

We went to the beach. There was a decent low tide and we saw all kinds of tide pool critters - three species of starfish, sea anemones, sea hares, hermit crabs, snails, and something called a Spanish shawl. I had never seen one before. They're pretty. http://www.coastal.ca.gov/publiced/photos/2006/gallery1-mm6.html The neighbors have company but have forsaken the loud music. Yeah!!!

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on November 22, 2007
63 F / 17 C
Clear
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 46 F / 8 C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h / 3.6 m/s from the SE

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2007
2:05 AM

Post #4221055

I just stopped by to see if there was any activity on the weather thread. Didn't expect much because of the holiday but, lo and behold!, all of you stopped in to say "Hi" too! Just goes to show you how much our DG friends mean to us. Adina's poem and flowers say it all!

As usual Sharon, your sunset pics are outstanding. That pie sounds good, too. May have to try it out in a week or so after I get over today's feast! LOL Your church looks as if it is going to be a beautiful building.

Hi, Henry! I must have joined the weather thread while you were away. Nice to meet you!

Rann: it really does look as if the cat in your photo is walking on water. There must be a big rock (under the water) that he was standing on ?

Going to the beach? What a way to spend Thanksgiving, Kelli! Don't I wish. . .LOL

Joey, JW is such a cutie pie! Get lots of sugar for us LOL

"Marsue, so sorry your husband suffers from SADS. I love a gloomy day as much as a sunny one. I wish he could too" -- I do, too, for his sake, Sally, but I have learned to live with him just the way he is. :o) and I also try to make sure the house is well lit on those grey days. "They" say that people with SADS should sit under fluorescent lights--makes things seem more cheerful for them. That's why I thought I would contrive a fluorescent "halo" for DH. LOL

Kiska, I 'm happy that your sis gave you a subscription to DG, too. Otherwise, we would never have met! I'll have to send her a thank you note--LOL

Deb, sorry you didn't get that much needed rain. Somebody's not dancing enough--must have eaten too much turkey!

We'll have our first night of below freezing weather tonight. I cut the last four blooms on my roses and brought them inside to enjoy today since I knew they would freeze tonight. 3 red blooms from Velvet Toreador and 1 from yellow Sunsprite that smells wonderful!

I hope you all enjoyed as blessed a day as we did with people who love you! From your posts above, it sounds as if you did. Good night all!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2007
2:57 AM

Post #4221205

Marsue glad to meet you!

We had a bit of every weather under the sun.

Cold, Grey, Blustery and Snow...
Sunny and Ice Pellets...
Then drizzling rain...

Now it's 37 and clearing... winds calm...

Uh Oh!
That means some serious cold is leaking in from the North...
I think Saturday morning's temp is supposed to be 23...
Better get the GH finished tomorrow for sure

Well off to the Hot Tub where it's a Balmy 102 ... :-)

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 23, 2007
12:52 PM

Post #4221750

Deb I was really hoping you would get some rain. : ( Ill get back to dancing!
Kelli Ive never seen the Spanish shawl. Such a beautiful little critter!
Marsue - It will be nice to be in a larger church, but I will miss being in the beautiful building with all the stained glass windows in our historic downtown.
Ric Nothing like a dip in the hot tub to end a chilly evening!
50.4 F / 10 C
Overcast
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 32 F / -0 C
Wind: 5.0 mph / 8 km/h from the NW
Wind Gust: 10.1 mph / 16 km/h
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa (Rising)
Clouds: Overcast 3700 ft / 1127 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Cooler. High 62. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

We've had a bit of a weather change! I'm not complaining! The marina was the 2nd stop. Here is a Brown Pelican snoozing. I was very close to him.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 23, 2007
1:11 PM

Post #4221768

I do not know if I could let a danged hillbilly Pelican sleep like that - The cats have been having a feast ... the wife is shopping, she asked me if I wanted to go - like there is a chance of that. Time to work on the mess that the kitchen has become.

Bright, 38

Relative Humidity: 48%
Wind: 340 (NNW) at 10mph
Pressure: 30.18in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 40F
Yesterday's High Temp: 73F
Dew Point: 19
Heat Index: 37
Wind Chill: 30
6hr Low Temp: 36F
6hr High Temp: 41F
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2007
2:02 PM

Post #4221848

I didn't see a hot tub in that photo, Ric. Is that the ceiling of your greenhouse or the underside of the deck where your hot tub is? LOL
Sharon, good photo of the sleepy pelican. I know what you mean about missing the beautiful stained glass windows in your old church building. Downtown Little Rock has some great old churches with those beautiful windows in them. Unfortunately all those windows now have protective barriers on the outside (screens and bars) to keep vandals from destroying them. My DH and his crew re-plastered the ceiling of one such church several years ago. There was lots of beautiful ornamental plaster on the ceiling which needed repair. They don't make them like that anymore! :o(
Dyson: I am in complete agreement with you when it comes to "the day after Thanksgiving shopping". You won't find me anywhere near a mall today! LOL

It was a frosty 30 degrees on my backporch at 6 a.m. today. High today supposed to be 48. I liked it better when it was in the 60's or 70's! Sun is shining brightly though. :o)
Here's a photo of the last 4 blooms of autumn which I rescued and brought inside yesterday. Nothing spectacular but they still brightened the day. :o)

Thumbnail by marsue

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 23, 2007
2:40 PM

Post #4221981

I'll hit a couple of my favorite stores , those owned by friends that I have to put in an appearance... :( They'll crawl up my hiney if I don't. Other than that the rest of the shopping world will have to do without me. As you can tell I still have not left the house. LOL!

I'm not a mall shopper. I much prefer to shop locally in the privately owned stores. I have never been a "Black Friday" shopper, but my brother was. Sheesh - he would wake me up at 2am to go stand in line in the freezing snow (he lived in Wichita). LOL!! I miss him, but not the shopping. May as well get it over with.

Dyson - I woke up the DHP! I thought I was being quiet, but apparently not, he was not happy with me!
Marsue - Beeeyouteeful roses!

The temp dropped to 48.3, but has moved back up a little.

51.4 F / 10.8 C
Overcast
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 32 F / -0 C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h / 1.8 m/s from the WNW
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10.1 km/h
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 2400 ft / 731 m

Here is the DHP! The one on the left is the adult (blond head) and the one on the dock is still a "baby".

Thumbnail by MySharona

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 23, 2007
2:51 PM

Post #4222000

Good Mornin' Everybody! :D Our temps looked like Se_eds yesterday...today is fairly chilly, with snow predicted. It was actually "spitting" snow last night.

Cloudy34F
Feels like: 29F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 27
Humidity: 74%
Wind: 5 mph NNW
Sunrise: 7:10 AM
Sunset: 5:08 PM

Ric, glad that you're back! :D Looks as if you have some Work ahead of you! I hope that it doesn't keep you away from here much.
Sharon, you are getting some gorgeous pics of the marina! Wow! And the Pelican, must be very used to folks walking up to him! ;) I don't have luck like that. Heck! I can't even get Jack to stand still for me! :D And JW's stat's will astound you! For his 2 mo. check-up he weighed 16.8! lbs! and has grown in length to a whopping 23"! If you recall at birth he weighed 7.9 lbs. & was 20" long! That is some major growth in 2 months!
E_B! LOL! I think that he could have actually attacked a turkey leg yesterday! We put him in the stroller while everybody was eating & he was Drooling! :D I think that teeth are going to be the next thing that he will be getting. BTW, how is your son doing? Is his re-hab going well? And, when taking a self-portrait...please go slower! :D
Adina, Thanks for the poem...My sentiments, exactly! :D
Marue, Thanks & consider it Done! :D And yes, "sluggish" would be a good discription after so much food! I'll need to do better, so I can dance more! :D Lobe the Roses! :D
Deb, Even w/out rain...you have some great color going on there! I'm still dancing! for you & Dyson. I thought for sure that you 2 would get some of the rain that we got in the past 2 days...I'll need to do better & not stop dancin' when the weather guys call for you 2 to get the rain! :D And I loved your doggy's pic! I had not nothiced that it was out of focus! (leave it to a keen eye to notice! :D)
Kelli! Yeah! No loud music! :D I know that you were dreading it & glad it never came! :D Did you get some pics at the beach? WOW! Your Cactus! Gorgeous!
Kiska, I thank Sac Valley, too. "A window to the world", indeed. BTW, I love Raggedy Ann & Andy! :D I used to embroider the faces for a lady that sold them...miss her. :(
Thanks Sally, Glad to see that you are back! You shouldn't stay away so long! But I understand...I have days that I just can't find the time to sit & chat. Between work, school, & JW...there's not much time for me & this is what I consider "me time".

The answer to the trivia is...B
The Fujita scale measures tornadoes on a scale of F0 to F5.

Have a Great Day! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2007
3:45 PM

Post #4222126

Joey I promise not to be such a stranger here! Lovely Tot!

Marsue that is the roof of the Plantroom (formerly a screened in porch) and the floor of what was our Hoophouse.
It will become the floor of our new permanent GH.
The roses here are still going in sheltered areas.

It's 34 here and we woke to the dreaded 'S' word stuff this morning.
Nothing to speak about really but there were definitely Flakes on the ground...
It might hit 40 here today .
Then we get a warming trend... mid 50's for at least a week.

Well off to get the temporary GH's a bit warmer for the low 20's we're expecting tonight.

Here you go Marsue! LOL!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2007
3:48 PM

Post #4222140

And a finished enclosure shot.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 23, 2007
4:01 PM

Post #4222166

Dark for a couple more hours; sunrise is 9:26; set: 3:58. loss of 4m32seconds today. Heavy clouds will preclude a real "sunrise". It's still quite warm, 40*, but the winds have dropped considerably.
1952 it was 51*on this date, so not like it's never been this warm in late Novemeber, but really creates a mess when it gets above freezing during the winter months.
M2K~I love the way JW is looking right at us; hugs back to him; what a happy healthy looking baby. Did the snow amount to more than "spitting"?
marsue~~the roses are wonderful; this afternoon we're going to Anchorage to leave a car at the airport. Our daughter/family have been in Seattle for the week and get back tonight at midnight. Not planning to run to Anchorage then, we'll just leave a car. Not planning to shop, either,while we're in town.
MySharona~the pelicans are as awkward looking as a moose:)) but, like moose, cute too.
Dyson; how nice to see "bright" in your post. Don't you just dread kitchen clean up? My least favorite of all chores.
Ric~that was quite a mixed bag of weather; which did you like the best? Now I see you did get more snow: the hot tub looks great.
May~~construction of roof over BBQ grill.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2007
4:12 PM

Post #4222195

Kiska actually the weather I like best 85 never hit... lol!
But if it's going to be cold I want snow!!!
Lots of it!!

Hope that grill sees a lot of use!!
Is it big enough for a Moose Roast?

Ric
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 23, 2007
4:12 PM

Post #4222198

Joey - There's our big boy! He's just adorable!
Kiska - Pelicans do look graceless, but they fly beautifully! I love your moose!

Okay, I'm leaving, just grabbed 1/2 a turkey sandwich and am heading out now!

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2007
4:23 PM

Post #4222228

Great hot tub photos, Ric.--looks very inviting on a cold winter day. We have a whirlpool tub in our master bath but I am sure it is not the same as being in a hot tub--I wouldn't have to worry about cold feet(literally)! LOL
Kiska, have a safe trip to Anchorage and back. Such a blue sky in that photo of yours. When you have that Moose Roast, be sure to let us know! LOL
Happy shopping, Sharon.
I'm on my way outside to look around our new flower beds and think about what they are going to look like next spring and summer. :o)
DH had a piece of pecan pie for breakfast. :o) Thanksgiving left-overs! LOL
Still plenty of sunshine--42 degrees on my back porch.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 23, 2007
5:01 PM

Post #4222352

Oooo! Hot tub looks good! Does it dry your skin or does it keep you more hydrated?

Dyson, you might find this surprising, but my dad used to call me a hillbilly because I liked country music. I've never been fortunate enough to live out in the country, so I guess I'm the suburban hillbilly.

Joey, no, no pictures from the beach. When we go tidepooling, I don't usually bring my camera. I don't want to chance getting it wet.

Years ago - like 35 years ago - my uncle was a preacher at an old Victorian church. I had only been in it a time or two, but I remember the stained glass windows and relatively ornate ceiling and lights. (The church that we went to was built in the 1960s and was modern-ish. The windows were just squares of colored glass.) The Victorian church was condemned by the county or city or whoever does that and it was torn down. I hope that someone got the windows. The church, that is, the congregation, moved to some storefront facility.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on November 23, 2007
46 F / 8 C
Clear
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 43 F / 6 C

This picture is from some other year, but these are blooming now...

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 23, 2007
5:02 PM

Post #4222353

...and so are these.

Thumbnail by Kelli

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 23, 2007
8:32 PM

Post #4222852

Kelli:How nice to have narcissus blooming now!

No shopping for me either. You couldn't pay me enough to get anywhere near a mall today.
Ric: Very inviting hot tub. (But "S" word - not good imho.)

Joey, Sharon, etal: Don't wear out your dancin' shoes! Just think soggy thoughts! LOL.
Oh, and Joey, JW gets cuter with every pic.
Got down to 40 last night. Hight today 57.
Low tonight will be almost to freezing at 33.
Dry as desert.

Went for a stroll this morning. Here are some berries (pyrocantha, I think).
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 23, 2007
8:41 PM

Post #4222866

Dynamite deb.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2007
9:01 PM

Post #4222916

Great flower photos, Kelli! Our jonquils/daffodils/narcissus don't start blooming till about February. My DGD used to call them "daffadeedils" when she was little and I still call them that. LOL She loved "daffadeedils"!

I agree with Dyson: That is a dynamite photo of the red berries, Deb.!

Sun still shining but I can assure you I didn't stay outside very long this morning. Too cold!
Temp on my back porch at 2:55 p.m. is 40 degrees!

Do y'all recall the big oak tree that I wanted to show you in different phases of the progression of the autumn color? Well, there was no progression! The leaves were green and now they are going! Here is a pic I took of that tree this morning.

Thumbnail by marsue

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 23, 2007
9:02 PM

Post #4222921

Hi,everyone,cute pictures!
Sharon,love those pelicans,seems they aren't afraid of people!
Joey, JW is so beautiful and well grown ! Is he good,sleeps at night?
Deb,Kelli,lovely pictures!
Marsue, love your roses!
Ric, congratulations for the bath tube, you are good!What is a Balmy 102º?
Kiska, I'm glad your weather is getting warmer,but I hope this doesn't mean something bad for all of us!How was your daughter's family trip to Seattle?
Dyson,ROTFLOL about the Thanksgiving dinner with your family! It's nice,but I feel the same with so much crowd! Are you more relaxed now?LOL
Sunny days here,but cold at night,freezing at about 32º. No wind, but fog in the morning and evening. Sky at sunset in Bucharest,my neighborhood.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2007
9:09 PM

Post #4222940

We cross-posted Adina. That's a pretty sunset photo. I don't know about you but a "balmy 102" sounds pretty hot to me! That's why I know I wouldn't have to worry about my feet being cold if I had a hot tub! LOL

Here's another pic of a different oak tree. This one is in the yard of the neighbors directly behind me. It does have a little gold color to it but not much. The leaves have started falling already. And would you notice that pear tree on the left--all the leaves are still green!

Thumbnail by marsue

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 23, 2007
9:25 PM

Post #4222976

Hey,Marsue,so it's about the temp,thanks for clearing that for me!Cool about showing the tree in different phases!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 23, 2007
9:53 PM

Post #4223069

Marsue, why did the oak tree lose its leaves without them turning color?

Deb - dry as a desert? How about dry as Kelli's house.

Updated: 12:51 PM PST on November 23, 2007
67 F / 19 C
Clear
Humidity: 10%
Dew Point: 7 F / -14 C
Wind: 21 mph / 33 km/h / 9.3 m/s from the NNE
Wind Gust: 30 mph / 48 km/h / 13.4 m/s

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2007
10:04 PM

Post #4223111

I don't know, Kelli, unless it is because we have had such an unusually warm autumn here. I suppose the sap never "dropped" or whatever it does to make the leaves change color. When we did finally get a hard freeze, the leaves just started dropping.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 23, 2007

Post #4223222

Happy Day After Thanksgiving, everyone. :-) I worked retail for many many years before the bunnies were born, so I make it a point every year now not to go anywhere even close to a store on "Black Friday." Charles and the big bunny went to Lowe's and Office Max this afternoon. Both stores are out of the mall traffic enough that it wasn't a big deal at all.

The pelican pictures are great, Sharon. We went through the same emotional roller coaster last year as our new church was being built. We love it now that we are in it, though. :-)

Ric, I have hot tub envy every time I see pictures of yours!

Deb, I meant to mention your dog picture earlier... It was fantastic!!!

It's seasonally cool right now, which is very nice. :-) It is going to rain this evening and off and on through the rest of the weekend. We talked about getting some lights up today, but I slept in (ahhhh... :-) ) We have some leftover turkey and side dishes, but we like turkey sandwiches for lunches, so I made a pot of very spicy chili for tonight. It's simmering on the stove right next to the big stock pot of turkey carcass and various veggies that are cooking down to stock. Yumm...

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 3:53pm CST (46 min ago)
Temperature 51 F 11 C
Dew Point 39 F 4 C
Humidity 63%
Pressure 30.25 in 1024.4 mb
Wind Speed 7 MPH 6 kts
Wind Dir NE 50
Ceiling 7000 ft 2134 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 45.0F / 7.2C
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 23, 2007
11:05 PM

Post #4223298

Kelli Pretty narcissus!
Deb Im thinking soggy for you and Dyson! Love the berries!
Marsue - LOL! Your poor tree.
Adina The pelicans arent tame, but they arent easily scared either. They looked at me like their thinking.hmmm I wonder how tasty those humans are! Such a pretty sunset!

57.6 F / 14 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 35 F / 2 C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3 km/h from the North
Wind Gust: 7.4 mph / 11 km/h
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa(Rising)
UV: 3 out of 16

Tonight
Mostly clear in the evening...then becoming partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s inland...in the lower 50s coast. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Lots of tourists here right now! The streets were loaded down with foot and vehicle traffic. Whew!

Third stop yesterday was Main Beach. I was surprised to see so many people on the beach.

Thumbnail by MySharona

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 24, 2007
1:02 AM

Post #4223642

Kelli: You have a point! Even though there's no water in the ground, we never have 10% humidity! LOL. Btw, we have some Pin Oaks here that normally turn yellow, but have gone straight from green to ground. Someone told me it's due to the drought. Not sure though. Some other trees have better color than we've seen in years.

Marsue: II forgot earlier to compliment you on your lovely roses! I have one climber that still has buds. Hope it will bloom a bit before we get a realy freeze.

Adina: Pretty pink sunset. How's your house coming along?

Sharon: Lol. I have that same thought when a Pelican gets friendly. They look so goofy and harmless; then you look at that long pointy beak...

Marilyn: Thanks. There were many more accomplished pet photos than mine, but folks must've like it. My Scottie, Bonnie is developing a real diva attitude now! :)

Thanks for the nice words about my berries. :)
"Soggy" thoughts also appreciated!
Deb

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 24, 2007
1:32 AM

Post #4223723

It is really, really, really cold out here. It is 21* outside. I think our high was somewhere around 25 or so today. But if you stood in the sun it felt good. :~)

I was up at 4am this morning to get a few things from Wally World then came home slept for 3 hrs. Left late morning to get a new stove for my grandma and a new washer and dryer for us. Then came home and hooked up the w/d to see how well they work. They are so quiet that we have to put our ears on them almost to hear it. Nice change from having to shake the washer when it would fall out of balance. lol
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 24, 2007
2:15 AM

Post #4223816

Adina when the outdoor temps are 40+ the Hot Tub is kept around 100F.
Once it gets really cold we crank it to 102F and put a cover over the front of the enclosure to keep out the wind.
It's just hot enough to stay in for an hour or more but not so hot that it causes health problems.
The sterilizing chemical we, and most people, use is Brominating Tablets.
They do the same thing as Chlorine but aren't as drying or smelly.
Kelli if you shower after the soak and use a body oil it seems to have no affect of your skin.
I have terrible dry skin on my hands and would definitely know if it did.

Well it's 30 and clear and we're out to the Tub.
Marylyn you're Welcome any time!!

Ric
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2007
5:17 AM

Post #4224227

Yuck!!!

early_bloomer

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 24, 2007
5:24 AM

Post #4224235

I have to say, E_B, that snow is a lot prettier falling in your yard than in mine! Or I should say, it's a lot prettier now that I don't have to drive in it. Yuck.

The bunnies are still up and running around since we all slept in today. The little one has a bunch of bites of some kind on her neck and face. They don't look like mosquito bites, so their probably either spider or ant bites. poor bunny. They were playing outside today, so it's hard to tell who found them. She's scratching them now, so I'm going to smear them with Benadryl. She's gonna hate it.

Good night, everyone!
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 24, 2007
7:07 AM

Post #4224315

The day has been long but very good.
The temperature has finally dropped to 37*, so at least it's not as warm as earlier today. It's been in low 40's for a few days, same as back a few times in the 1950's, so it's happened before, adina. Our daughter and family get into Anchorage Airport at midnight tonight and should be here by 2am. We left a car for them this afternoon and they'll be glad not to have winter driving conditions tonight. Thanks for asking.
10pm and time to call it a day.
Kiska
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 24, 2007
12:21 PM

Post #4224480

Great photo of the beach, Sharon, although the way those "beach sitters" were wrapped up, it must have been pretty chilly.
EB, that snow does look yucky--maybe not the snow but the thought of being cold! Brrrrr!
Pepper, 21 degrees--double brrrrr!
Kiska, above 40? You are having a real heat wave! LOL Hope the DD and family made it in safely last night or rather in the wee hours of the morning.
Marylyn--hope the bites didn't make the little bunny too miserable. Let us know how she is doing.

Well, I'm off later this morning with DH to drive to Judsonia to meet DGer Kathy Ann. She has offered me some cannas and we are going up there to dig some up today.

Deb and Dyson and you others who need rain: this is our forecast for today and tonight. Maybe some of it will head on over your way. Get to "dancin" everybody!

Today: Cloudy with occasional showers. High 46F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.
Tonight: Rain showers early will evolve into a more steady rain overnight. Low 37F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 24, 2007
12:29 PM

Post #4224492

Good Morning ! :D My Thermometer says 25, but I know better. I think I may have it too close to the house! We have the heaviest frost so far this year...usually all the neighbors have a white yard...we have it today even tho we are in the trees. I need one of those heated scrapers! :-O

Fair18F
Feels like: 18F
Barometer: 30.4 in
Dewpoint: 16
Humidity: 92%
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:11 AM
Sunset: 5:07 PM

Today Hi: 46
Lo: 30
PM Clouds
9 AM 28
Fair
Noon 39
Partly Cloudy
6 PM 40
Cloudy

Ric, That 102 sounds good about now! :D (good for bones!)
Pepper, Stay warm! I feel that you think Ric's hot tub temps sound good as well! :D
Marylyn, I hope that your bunny gets over the itches real soon...it's such a miserable feeling.
E_B! I want some of the snow! There's nothing like "lake effect" to make everything nice & white, in a hurry! And your pic makes it look rather blustery! :-O But that's what I call "invigorating"! :D
Deb, Those berries are Great! Do you know the common name? I'm not much on the scientific names...I like to know the scientific names, but I really like knowing the common names.
Kiska, Are we colder than you?I hope that your DD has had a good trip home (to your house). The Christmas preparations begin! :D
Sharon, looks nice & warm at your house! (even tho they have on jackets) Great Pic! :D
Marsue! Sorry about the color!

Well, must go to work...
Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 24, 2007
1:20 PM

Post #4224573

Pepper high of 25*?! Yikes!
E_B But so pretty! LOL! Only because I so rarely get to spend time in the snow.
Marylyn I hope your little bunny is better today. Poor baby.
Kiska What time did they get in this morning?
Marsue For the bike ride I was in denim capris and a short sleeved shirt, Jeff in shorts. We had been riding our bikes for some time. Warm in the sun, but closer to the water was definitely cooler. Once we got home the jeans and long sleeves were back on!
Joey Again 25*?! Yikes! LOL!!

63.1 F / 17.3 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 51 F / 10 C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4.8 km/h / 1.3 m/s from the NE
Wind Gust: 8.3 mph / 13.4 km/h
Clouds: Few 3100 ft / 944 m

Coastal flood advisory in effect until noon EST today...

Today
Mostly cloudy and breezy with a 20 percent chance of showers. High 64. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph.

Sounds like a chilly day with the winds!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2007
1:57 PM

Post #4224647

Bright blu skies, 30(F)

Relative Humidity: 75%
Wind: 0 (N) at 0mph
Pressure: 30.5in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 28F
Yesterday's High Temp: 46F
Dew Point: 17
Heat Index: 24
Wind Chill: 24
6hr Low Temp: 21F
6hr High Temp: 28F
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 24, 2007
2:38 PM

Post #4224779

One thing about vacation... Beach Temps don't mean squat! lol!
It's FL (or CA)! It's a Beach! Let's go!
My guess is the Beach Siters in that photo were either natives or whimps.
How do you tell Natives in FL?
Parkas at 55 ... in the Sun... no wind...

We always stripped down to shorts and a Tee as soon as we hit Valdosta!

Years ago we were at Malibu Beach on New Years Day..
55 , Sunny and of course for Malibu a strong breeze.
(Yes the girls do run in slow motion! It's windy there!!!!)
WI was there for the Rose Bowl.
The beach was full of red and white shorts and tees, bikinis and trunks.
Back home WI was in the middle of a white out blizzard so... why not! lol

It didn't get too bad last night.
27 and no wind.
We actually had to open the tarp on the Hot Tub as it was a bit too warm.
We have it covered w/ a tarp on top permanently for the rain (what a joke w/ the drought we had this Summer), a little plastic covering the small eave ends and drop a tarp when it gets colder to keep out the wind and not make the heater work so hard.
The Cats LOVE it!

Looks like a small warming trend is coming thru.
40-50's most of the week. Lows slightly above 35 .

Well off to work on the Plantroom.
I'm hoping to have the Roof raised and the new GH under temporary plastic by tomorrow afternoon.
Hoping! LOL!

Here's the new Microwave/Rangehood we installed last weekend.
It's why the GH isn't already up.
At 45% off it was a steal! (less than the Hood only we were going to install)
Even if it meant unbolting the cabinet above it and raising it up.
Rerouting the electric and putting 6 bolts into the brick wall behind it.
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 24, 2007
4:37 PM

Post #4225170

Poor bunnies! Bug bites are awful. Back in my PA days, mosquitoes would eat me alive. I think they hunted me down from five counties away.

It must have been windy all night to have kept the temperature up. It was windy when I got up but isn't at the moment.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on November 24, 2007
62 F / 17 C
Clear
Humidity: 10%
Dew Point: 5 F / -15 C
Wind: 13 mph / 20 km/h / 5.7 m/s from the North

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 24, 2007
5:39 PM

Post #4225283

There is a fire in Malibu. We can just barely see the smoke from upstairs. If there gets to be more to see, I'll take pictures.

The fire is in this area. (Picture taken last summer.) These houses are off of Corral Canyon Road. When we go up there, we sometimes think how if there would be a fire, the people who live up there would have to get out right away since there is only one way in and out, via a long, winding road.

Thumbnail by Kelli

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 24, 2007
6:19 PM

Post #4225386

Joey: Pyracantha's common name is "Firethorn".
Kelli: Oh no, not another fire? I hope it turns out to be a small one. You guys have had enough burnt out there this season!

Still dry and dusty. I put a hose out to soak an ailing tree. Came back an hour later and it looked like a bird convention in the puddles. Guess they're feeling the drought, too.

Still, forecast for our area again says 50% chance of rain tomorrow and Monday. Oh please let 'em get it right this time!!
Dyson: Hope you get a nice rain, too.

Currently 64 and overcast. Got down mid 30s last night, but by mid week, we're supposed to get highs in the upper 70s again. Wacky :)

Here's a carolina chickadee hanging out near the feeders this morning.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 24, 2007
6:37 PM

Post #4225417

Here's a smoke picture. It is more dramatic in real life. It doesn't look good. (It is no danger to me. I am upwind.)

Thumbnail by Kelli

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 24, 2007
8:56 PM

Post #4225692

Ric LOL!! Youre right about that! This time of year we have snowbirds that stay from 3-6/mo from Canada and overseas. Its all about the accent or license plate at this point! Another way to tell is by yellow beach bikes (rentals). All most all islanders have bikes that we ride everywhere. There are 5 in our possession. One for each of us and one I got for a friend that comes to town every 6 weeks for girls weekend. The new microwave/range hood looks great!
Elli Stay safe from the fire. Thats so sad. : (
Deb Praying and dancing for rain! So glad the birds got to have a little pool party! The chickadee is precious!

61.9 F / 16 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 51 F / 10 C
Wind: 5.0 mph / 8 km/h from the NNE
Wind Gust: 11.6 mph / 18 km/h
Pressure: 30.24 in / 1023.9 hPa(Rising)
Clouds: Few 3100 ft / 944 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers...mainly near the coast. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 54. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

It has been cloudy, chilly and yucky all day. I've got the tree up, nothing on it yet! I went through all the lights (1/2 don't work - of course). I'll make a run to the store tomorrow to get more. Tomorrow I'll get the rest of the decorations up. I'm a little slow on the decorating this year. We will be heading out to dinner tonight - I'm thinking Pompeo's (Italian).

This is our church now. The city is buying it and it will become part of the library.

Thumbnail by MySharona

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 24, 2007
9:26 PM

Post #4225744

Joey; beautiful waterfull pic. or should I say "rapids"?
Ric, love that new microwave--it looks somewhat like ours. Do you have to lift the stainless steel top on your range to get to the burners?
Deb; cute chickdee. We used to have black-capped chickadees come to our bird feeder at the other house where we lived before we moved over here. They were always accompanied by a tufted titmouse or two. The two kinds of birds seem to enjoy each other's company.
Kelli: that smoke looks ominous. It would seem that Californians aren't yet finished fighting fires this season. :o((
Sharon: that's a beautiful church building. Did your congregation outgrow it?

DH and I made the trip to Judsonia or rather the Judsonia area. Kathy Ann lives about 40 miles from us and we enjoyed the drive to her house. I went up there mainly to meet Kathy and I found her to be a sweet and gracious lady. She had promised me some cannas but she loaded me down with much more: iris, daylilies, beebalm and other plants, too, in addition to cannas. These all came from her flower beds. She also has a greenhouse that is bulging with tropical plants of all kinds. She told me to pick out what I wanted but I really don't have a place to overwinter tropicals so I thanked her but I had to decline the tropicals. She also told us about a place where we could get free mulch. Talk about hitting the jackpot! But I forgot this is the weather forum so back to the subject.

It has been cold and overcast almost all day. Had a tiny bit of rain but nothing to shout about--that is supposed to come in later tonight. Hope it stops in here and then heads east!
Current temp. on my backporch is 40 degrees. ( I can never remember how to do the "degrees" sign.) I'll have to scroll back up and find that info and write it down. LOL
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 24, 2007
9:47 PM

Post #4225814

Sharon: What lovely church. The library will be lucky to have it.

Marsue: Yes, the chickadees and titmice are always together here, too. Always together and always fussing at each other. Seems to be a love-hate relationship. :)

Deb

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 24, 2007
10:39 PM

Post #4225950

Kiska, your temps are same as mine!
Sharon,how nice to see the beach at this time of year!
E_B,beautiful picture!
Deb,the house is coming along,thanks for asking!We just went there today and they were just digging for installing the gas pipe. The weather was yuck too,but without snow,only fog!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 24, 2007
11:18 PM

Post #4226029

How about 5% humidity?

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on November 24, 2007
77 F / 25 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 5%
Dew Point: 1 F / -17 C
Wind: 18 mph / 30 km/h / 8.2 m/s from the North
Wind Gust: 24 mph / 39 km/h / 10.8 m/s

MIL went home today. She said that it was snowing in El Paso.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 25, 2007
12:40 AM

Post #4226196

Hey everyone!

Sorry I don't have time for personal comments - I've enjoyed all your posts and pictures.

Kelli - so sorry to hear about the fires - they were on the evening news here. 5% humidity????? Yikes!

Sharon - you're putting up the tree now and your late with the decorations ????? LOL I put the first of the Christmas light up outside today and thought I was early! lol

We made the icelandic version of gingerbread cookies today - it marks the beginning of Christmas preparations ... which will last until Dec. 23rd when the last of the decorations will be up ;-) lol

It's late I need to get to sleep.

It wasn't too bad today, about 28F not too windy and a bit sunny. It rained (A LOT!) yesterday and we're supposed to get another storm tomorrow ... I feel bad about all this rain we're getting while some of you are so terribly dry. Wish I could send some of it your way - we were well saturated about a month ago! lol

Adina - your beautiful poem says it all! I'm so thankful that I've met you guys through DG :-)

Have a great night!

Rann
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2007
1:18 AM

Post #4226293

36 here now.
Going down to 33
It appears we won't be getting below freezing for about a week.
Which is good news.
It allows us some time before we really need to worry about the plants still out in the temporary GH's.

Marsue that S/S top on the range comes off.
It's actually a piece I retrieved from the scrap pile at work years ago.
Originally it was a slide in shelf in a Commercial Kitchen.
It's heavy gauge S/S, bent and finished on all four sides.
It was just sitting in the Garage when we noticed it was about the same size as the new stove.
Amazingly it fit perfectly.
Gives us more counter space as did putting the Microwave over the stove.

Kelli how far from Pepperdine U. is the fire?
That's a lovely area that we've visited a few times.
Ric
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 25, 2007
1:41 AM

Post #4226371

Ric, the fire is about 2 to 3 miles from Pepperdine. The fire at the end of October was right across the street from Pepperdine. (More counter space! Yay! You can never have too much counter space.)
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2007

Post #4226437

That's a shame Kelli.
We first visited there as a joke.
We were driving by and I remembered it from "Battle of the Network Stars".
(Or as we called it "Battle of the Network Sleaze")
So we decided to stop by and get a few pictures for the friends back home.
We feel in love w/ the area.
I hope it rebounds quickly.

Adins I forgot to mention your house.
What a Lovely Home that's going to be!

It was a pretty nice day out today ...
so we decided to raise the roof and get some air... LOL!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 25, 2007
2:46 AM

Post #4226550

Good evening! Your house is really coming along nicely, Adina.

What a pretty church, Sharon! I'm sure your city is thrilled to get it for their library.

Chickadees are so cute, Deb. :-)

I'm glad you're upwind of the fire, Kelli. I sure wish I could send you some of our humidity! It's been drizzling off and on all day and we're going to get real rain later tonight and all day tomorrow. Cold rain.. icky. We have a flood advisory for the parts of town that routinely flood. It's going to be back in the 60s and low 70s next week.

When the little bunny got up this morning, her bites were obviously itching, so I wiped it with a cool washcloth (and she said, "Ahhhhh..." It was so funny!) and then slathered it with more Benadryl. I didn't see her scratching at it any more after that, but her face kept swelling and was feeling hot to the touch. So this evening I snuggled on the couch with her and held an ice pack on it. She fell asleep and I got to watch a football game or two. Yayyy! Her face is looking SO much better now! It's back down to her normal size and doesn't feel hot anymore. I re-covered her with Benadryl and now she is out shopping with Daddy. Daddy is wearing shorts, crazy guy. I asked him twice if he didn't want to put long pants on before he went out, but he said no. I hate being cold, but he doesn't mind it so much. You'd think HE was the one who used to live up north instead of me, but no, he was born down here and has never lived anywhere else. LOL

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 10:53am CST (583 min ago)
Temperature 46 F 8 C
Dew Point 43 F 6 C
Humidity 89%
Pressure 30.06 in 1018.1 mb
Wind Speed 10 MPH 9 kts
Wind Dir NE 40
Ceiling 800 ft 244 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Light Rain
Remarks 0.01" of precipitation last hour.
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 46.0F / 7.8C

This message was edited Nov 24, 2007 9:04 PM
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 25, 2007
3:02 AM

Post #4226600

Not too bad outside today. Sunny. Snowed a bit this morning but it didn't really accumulate anywhere except on the bases of trees.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 25, 2007
4:01 AM

Post #4226785

29 tonight under a brilliant full moon which is brightly lighting the snowy landscape.

early_bloomer

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2007
4:10 AM

Post #4226808

Whoa you DID get some snow!
We saw a few flakes...
The moon IS beautiful tonight!

Ric
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 25, 2007
12:47 PM

Post #4227142

42(F), Grey overcast skies - still no rain.

Relative Humidity: 47%
Pressure: 30.36in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 21F
Yesterday's High Temp: 44F
Dew Point: 21
Ceiling: 6000ft
Heat Index: 40
Wind Chill: 40
6hr Low Temp: 39F
6hr High Temp: 40F
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2007
1:50 PM

Post #4227225

Current conditions as of 7:20 am CST

Rain
Feels Like: 32
Barometer: 30.07 in and rising
Visibility: 2.5 mi
Dewpoint: 37
Wind: NNE 13 mph
Sunrise: 6:52 am
Sunset: 4:58 pm

Dyson and Deb: I am almost embarrassed to say that we have had rain coming down for several hours now and it appears that there is no let-up in sight. I'll try to "huff and puff" and blow it over your
way because the dancing doesn't seem to be working! (Maybe we should all do some praying, instead.)
Kelli: 5% humidity, indeed? That's a big difference from our current 93%, although I would say that it is most likely 100% humidity right now.
Rann, I'm so glad you explained a little to us of some of your Christmas traditions. I was going to ask you about it today but you beat me to it!
Adina: Is your house in the process of receiving stucco? My DH was in the plastering/stucco business for 30 years or more. In fact, several Romanians worked for him at different times before DH retired. Also, I was wondering about all that open space behind your house. Is that a farm?
Ric, thanks for the explanation about the SS top on your range. It certainly does give more counter space, doesn't it. and that is funny about raising the roof to get some air! LOL
EB, great photo. That snow looks like it is glowing!
Marylyn, glad the little bunny is feeling better!
Deb and Dyson: here is what rain looks like just in case you've forgotten. You can't see the rain in the photo, but it was coming down pretty heavily when I took this just now.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2007
2:05 PM

Post #4227256

Guess I should explain why the neighbor's grass (across the street) is green and mine is brown in that photo above. They moved in about 6 weeks ago and sowed "winter grass" so they would have a lawn instead of just dirt in their front yard. The winter grass will die out in the spring when the weather gets warm again and then they will have to sow some bermuda grass seed or lay sod. Most of the lawns around here are bermuda grass which takes the heat and sunshine really well. However, it always turns brown in winter. It is not dead, just dormant.
Here's another view of the rain from my back porch. It is 38 degrees on my back porch right now.

Thumbnail by marsue

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2007
2:29 PM

Post #4227317

30 and Dreary.
They are projecting 48 but still Grey.
We need a few days of sunny and dry to let this water in the ground dry up.
It has been a pretty wet Fall here though so the ground water has has plenty of time to soak down.
After almost 2 months w/ no rains and 90+ temps we certainly needed it.
A lot of the plants have been fooled.
They went dormant...then w/ the rains and cooler temps popped back.
We have an Azalea re-blooming and yesterday a Rudbeckia threw a bloom.
The Pansies we planted in October are having a banner year also.
Some oddities for this late in Dec... Nicotiana, Impatience, Salvia are still throwing the occasional bloom.

I'll try for some pictures today if these clouds burn off.

Off to pour a concrete pier!

Ric
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 25, 2007
5:13 PM

Post #4227872

Howdy all,
Ric did I say soooo glad to see you back.
Cloudy and 68º
Rain headed north over the Atlantic. Now how much good can it do there?
E_B you sure know how to capture the white crisp chill of an awesome moonlit night.
I enjoy hearing about all of your musings and all of your beautiful pictures.
Sidney
se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 26, 2007
12:19 AM

Post #4229191

Pressure: 30.24 in / 1023.9 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
34 degrees.

Got up to about 50 today, all the snow is gone.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 26, 2007
2:02 AM

Post #4229518

Hey Sidney!
I was never really gone just on Sabbatical lol!
Sorry but I missed your DMail somehow it got marked as read.

The weather was all things late Fall here today.
Grey and Dreary to Bright and Sunny to Grey and Rainy.
It's 43 and not supposed to drop much tonight,
Near 60 and rain tomorrow!

Well we got the Pier poured for the Plantroom addition.
But it started raining before I could get a shot.
Just imagine there's concrete in here... lol!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 26, 2007
2:20 AM

Post #4229583

Nothing too exciting here, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Updated: 5:51 PM PST on November 25, 2007
61 F / 16 C
Overcast
Humidity: 29%
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h / 1.5 m/s from the East

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 26, 2007
11:39 AM

Post #4230357

Good Morning Everybody! It has warmed up considerably since the last time that I posted...No frost this morning & we supposed to get a very significant amount of rain very shortly! :D

Mostly Cloudy46F
Feels like: 45F
Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 45
Visibility: 5 miles
Wind: 3 mph N
Sunrise: 7:13 AM
Sunset: 5:06 PM

Ric! LOL! Now that's what I call "raising the roof"! :D And a nice looking range! :D I would like to have gas things...so much cleaner & warmer.
Adina, the house is looking Great, even in the fog! I know that you can't hardly wait to get in. :D
Kelli, is the fire out? I hope so...
Sharon, what a beautiful church! The library will have lots of room!
Marsue, it's a water fall of over 1500 ft.long. Glad you got some rain! and am glad that you have sent it this way! :D
E_B, What a Great night shot...The words that come to mind...peaceful, still, cold & the best one...solitude! :D I think that I've forgotten what that is. I remeber you trying to coach me thru the night shots last year...still need to practice.
Marylyn, Glad that your bunny is feeling better...I would rather me be sick that the kids.
Rann, could you take some pics of the decorations, when you are finished! :D How's the hip feeling?
Thanks Deb! I hope you & Dyson, get some of this rain that we're getting ready to get! I've have been seeing lots of chickodees & "titmoose" around here lately! Love 'em! :D

Yahoo! The rain is HERE! :D Dyson, & Deb! Sending it your way! :D

The trivia for the day is...
What is the term for rain falling from a cloud that evaporates before hitting the ground?
a) The Doppler Effect
b) Virga
c) Sublimation
d) The Coriolis Effect

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

(I hope that this is not a repost...)

Thumbnail by music2keep

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 26, 2007
11:46 AM

Post #4230365

46(F) & Dark, well the sky is starting to get light, still hope we get some rain from the system moving north on the eastern side of the country.

Relative Humidity: 93%
Pressure: 30.12in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 38F
Yesterday's High Temp: 51F
Dew Point: 41
Visibility: 3mi
Ceiling: 600ft
Heat Index: 43
Wind Chill: 43
6hr Precip: 0.03in
6hr Low Temp: 42F
6hr High Temp: 50F

Looks like it was raining at midnight (from the bottom graph) so I will have to go look at the gauge.

Thumbnail by Dyson

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 26, 2007
12:54 PM

Post #4230507

Current conditions as of 6:32 am CST

Feels Like: 39
Barometer: 29.91 in and steady
Dewpoint: 41
Wind: WSW 7 mph
Sunrise: 6:53 am
Sunset: 4:57 pm

Still somewhat dark but getting lighter. Foggy and misty, too. High today supposed to be around 50.
I don't think it made it above 40 according to the thermometer on my backporch all afternoon yesterday.
Joey, glad you are getting some rain. I love those waterfall pics! I'll guess 'C' for the quiz.
Deb and Dyson, sure hope you two get some rain today, too!
Ric, I'm imagining the concrete in that pier! LOL
Kelli, glad it is quiet in your neighborhood. Sure hope they get those Malibu fires under control soon.

DH and I are off later this morning to take MIL to the doctor again for a report on her last procedure. Hopefully, this will be the last trip necessary for a while. MIL is feeling better these days but still pretty weak due to the anemia. She is taking iron plus B12 shots to build her up.

Everyone have a good day!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 26, 2007
12:59 PM

Post #4230529

Gone for 2 days and Im so far behind! LOL!!

Marsue Yes we did out grow the church. Ill try to get some better pictures of the exterior and interior. Its gorgeous inside. The picture doesnt show the back part of the building. It extends back the city block on both 4th Street and Alachua St.
Adina Your house is really coming along! Its going to be gorgeous!
Rann LOL! Im getting older and it takes longer to get everything unpacked for Christmas! I used to get it all done on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Not this year. Im still putting decorations up and havent even done the lights outside!
Ric Thats a really cool setup you have for the hot tub! You must love being able to literally raise the roof!
E_B You got a lot of snow! We didnt - LOL!!
Marsue Look at all that rain you received! Your garden is going to be lovely. Ive been praying as well and dancing.
Joey Even if it is a repost who would care?! Its a beautiful picture worth seeing!
Dyson So glad you got some rain!
Deb Any rain on your end?

68.5 F / 20 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 66 F / 19 C
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 4.0 miles / 6.4 kilometers
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 600 ft / 182 m
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft / 3962 m

Today
Mostly cloudy and warmer. Widespread dense fog early in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times. A slight chance of morning showers...then a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 79. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am EST this morning...

I'm watering the lawn. Everything needs the water. This is what our weather has looked like for 3 days and no rain. :(

This message was edited Nov 26, 2007 8:00 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 26, 2007
1:01 PM

Post #4230535

Marsue - I hope your MIL's appointment goes well!
Ric - Yellow beach cruiser bike rentals

Thumbnail by MySharona

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 26, 2007
2:01 PM

Post #4230666

Good morning, everyone! Boy, is it Monday or what?? It's definitely been one of those nothing-goes-quite-the-way-it's-supposed-to days. I'm thinkin' about going back to bed. LOL The bites on the little bunny's face and neck are a lot better, though, so thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers. :-)

We had our first light frost last night. Brrr! Hopefully some of our rain from this weekend will be heading your way, Deb and Sharon. We had over 3 inches fall late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. It is nice to see the sun again this morning! It's going to get up into the low 60s this afternoon.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CST (58 min ago)
Temperature 40 F 4 C
Dew Point 37 F 3 C
Humidity 89%
Pressure 30.15 in 1021.1 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir W 270
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Wind Chill 37 F 3 C
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 39.9F / 4.4C

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 26, 2007
7:44 PM

Post #4231809

Thanks for appreciation guys!
Marsue, that's no news to me about Romanians working abroad doing stucco. I hope they did a good job ! The field behind the house isn't a farm,it belongs to different people from that village.
This is from upstairs, a bedroom.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 26, 2007
10:33 PM

Post #4232476

1730 hour & it is as dark as snot on a doorknob.

53(F) everything is damp, but no measurable water.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 26, 2007
10:58 PM

Post #4232564

Marylyn - A Freeze? We're not supposed to get below 50* for the next week. Did't hit the projected high today only 76.8*. BTW - I really don't like it when my mornings go awry! Messes up the whole day.
Dyson - Ewwwww - LOL!!

70.3 F / 21.3 C
Mostly Cloudy
Dew Point: 64 F / 18 C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the SSE
Wind Gust: 4.5 mph / 7.2 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 71 F / 22 C
Clouds: Few 4700 ft / 1432 m
Scattered Clouds 6500 ft / 1981 m

Tonight
Increasing cloudiness with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog late. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds until early morning. Low 61*. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Red Shouldered hawk looking for lunch in my backyard today. I ran him off, he'll have to go somewhere else.

Thumbnail by MySharona

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 26, 2007
11:50 PM

Post #4232709

Good evening!

Sharon - LOL- well I still only have one lightchain put up outside and that's it ;-) They're the only lights that are up in my street (they are the blue ones) ... I'm saving the red and multicolored ones for next weekend. Next Sunday is the first of Advent and then it's officially OK to start decorating ;-)

Joey - I'll try to get some photos soon - I've been too busy to take photos lately ... I'm always meaning to but never get the chance. I can't find my small camera that's handy to carry around with me, the other one's too big (and expensive) to keep in the car ;-) Great photo of the waterfalls. Like Sharon said - who cares if it's a rerun - they're gorgeous ! :-) lol My hip's still hurting - I'm trying to ignore it ... I don't have time to sit around in the Lazy Boy anymore ;-) lol Thanks for asking.

Marsue - hope things go well for your MIL. Your grass looks like ours - the grass here always turns brown during winter ;-) Wintergrass is a new one for me ;-) lol

Marylyn - so glad your little bunny is feeling better! Those bug bites sounded awful - I felt so sorry for her!

Ric - good to see you back :-) I see you're keeping busy :-)

Sidney - that moisture heading north over the Atlantic might just be heading our way ;-) Like we need it! lol

We had quite a storm last night - I had trouble falling asleep because of the wind. It was around 33 mph gusting to 55 mph all night and until about noon today, then it calmed down fairly quickly and it even cleared up a bit so we saw a bit of sunlight :-) The high was around 48F, now it's down to 35F. I was at the pool around noon when the weather turned - it happened fairly abruptly. It was so dim and wet and nasty when I was driving there, but then all of a sudden it was like someone turned the lights on and the fan off ;-) lol I had the pool mostly to myself - I love it when that happens - especially when it's calm :-) So tranquil and relaxing :-)

I'm off to bed - have a good night all!

Rann
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 27, 2007
12:13 AM

Post #4232767

Sharon: I'm amazed at your getting your decorations up. All I've one is hang a bell on the door of my office. LOL!
Adina: I can't wait to see your finished house!
Rann: Glad you're able to stay out of the lazy boy but don't over do it! Be nice to yourself. :)

Still no rain here guys. Thanks for all the prayin', dancin', and thinkin' of soggy thoughts!

Foggy this morning and really warm today - got up near 80.
60% chance of rain tonight when that front is finally supposed to come through here.
Dyson? Anything?

Sounds like it's a pretty wet system judging by what y'all west and northwest have gotten, so I'm hopeful.
Here's out 60% sky as I was leaving work this evening.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 27, 2007
12:51 AM

Post #4232888

Like you, MySharona~~I've got a lot of catching up to do. Have enjoyed the photos; and Adina, the house looking nearly finished; how nice.
Kelli~that is quite a plume of smoke; we've heard there have been dozens of homes destroyed; so sorry for all.
Our daughter/family got home at 1:30am. The flight arrived 1/2 hour early, the road was fine and they had a good time down in Seattle.Looks as if most of the weather in the lower 48 is still as nice as is here. It's been in the 30's~40's now since Thanksgiving. Almost getting used to not needing a coat:))
38*, cloudy, but sunset is happening; Sets at 3:51; loss of 4m14 seconds today.
Joey~ the river pics are so nice; hope you'll get enough rain/snow this winter to bring the level back up.
marsue~love seeing where you live and now, with all those plants, it's going to be great seeing them in the spring.
Deb~~only a bell?:)) with young gkids here w/us this year, we've started with some window decals, some lights and a few other decorations. It's earlier than I'd normally start.
rann~~and you've begun as well. Lots of traditions that you uphold and it's just great that you do; it's so much fun for the girls to look forward to.
Marylyn_TX- do you usually get frost? It's not something I've associtated with Texas>>>
Dyson~now that's one descriptive phrase:)) Leaves no doubt as to what's going on:)
Ric~~now I see the cement:)) good project to be working on before spring.
E_B~~oh that's nice; very pretty.
se_eds~~hopefully there'll be more snow to brighten things up. We have lost the snow off the yard due to this "pineapple express" that has lingered.
pepper~~glad it's better there, too.
hi Sidney~~

Thumbnail by kiska

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 27, 2007
12:55 AM

Post #4232905

Sharon, no, not a freeze, just a very light frost. It did get down to 39 last night, but that's the coldest it's going to be for a while. Tonight it's going to be "around 40" and then it is slowly warming up for the rest of the week.

Deb, that sky is beautiful!

Kiska, we get several light frosts every year and a scant handful of heavy frosts. The heavy frosts don't usually come until January. We start pruning roses on Valentine's Day. :-)

This message was edited Nov 26, 2007 6:58 PM
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 27, 2007
1:06 AM

Post #4232949

Marylyn_TX~~ I'd never have guessed it'd get that cold; but, neither would I have imagined pruning roses in Feb...
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 27, 2007
2:11 AM

Post #4233282

Adina it looks like that place could take a direct hit from a train!
Love the size of that inside!!

The new pier wall will be 6' from the Hot Tub.
We'll put a light enclosure over that area to help the from House to Tub trip.
In the rain of sub-freezing weather it's a 'bit' chilly! LOL!
You can see the blue tarp over the front and the curtain we use as a privacy barrier in this shot.

Rainy and Cool here today.
A tree fell on the power line at work so we basically sat around in the dark all afternoon.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 27, 2007
2:47 AM

Post #4233401

Got to 48* today. I only wore a hoodie over my t-shirt cause it was so warm. I really enjoyed it. One of my coworkers though hates the cold and was wearing insulated bibs and a coat over her several layers of clothes. It wasn't as bad as last week though. Last week she wore her eskimo outfit. LOL. Could only see her nose and eyes thru all the hoods.

We are supposed to get snow again soon. It was supposed to be Thurs but now it is late Sat night and off and on Sunday. I hope it accumulates.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 27, 2007
9:32 AM

Post #4234018

Good morning!

It's 33F, partly cloudy and almost calm with 4 mph winds from the south. It's 9:30 am and still Dyson Dark - sunrise will be at 10:33 and sunset will be at 3:57 today.

Deb and Kiska - gorgeous sky photos!

Thanks Deb - I'm trying to be very careful not to overdo it ;-) I try to do just a little bit at a time hoping it'll add up to something eventually :-) lol So if I start now - things might just be ready around Dec. 24th at 6 pm sharp. That's the plan anyway ;-) lol

I'm off to physical therapy - hope you all have a great day!!

Rann
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 27, 2007
10:56 AM

Post #4234067

Rann I feel for you. I have a hard time sleeping too when the winds start howling. There have been times that Ive had to bring the wind chimes in so they dont break. I hope your hip continues to heal. It sounds so painful.
Deb Im so sorry you didnt get any rain. We have some sprinkles, but nothing major. I heard central Georgia and Florida are supposed to get rain. Both areas desperately need it. Only a bell LOL!!
Kiska Just when you get comfortable without the coat is when youll need it again LOL! Gorgeous sky pictures!
Marylyn I remember when I lived in Houston it would snow around every 10-11 years. Nothing like Alaska, but about an inch. Just enough that we didnt have to go to school. I know everyone is laughing, but its all relative! Most of our parents didnt know how to drive in the snow!
Pepper I had to laugh. Your co-worker could have been me! Id have dressed like like lived in Polar regions too.

67.8 F / 19.9 C
Light Rain
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 64 F / 18 C
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
Clouds: Few 800 ft / 243 m
Overcast 1200 ft / 365 m

Today
Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of morning showers...then becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 71. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

I hate to say this as I don't like to use the "H" word, but personally I think the lack of hurricanes hasnt helped the water situation. Not that I like hurricanes, but they do bring a lot of water to the area.

Bumble Bee yesterday on Lady Margaret.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 27, 2007
11:00 AM

Post #4234070

I forgot to add that I got the guys to put the outdoor lights up last night. We live on a cul-de-sac. The guy on the end (Marty) has never decorated. Well he's been seeing someone for about 6 months now. She's had him cleaning up the yard and yesterday he was decorating the house! I laughed - told Jeff - remember when?!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 27, 2007
12:00 PM

Post #4234160

Cold, dyson dark and heavy frost.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 27, 2007
12:05 PM

Post #4234174

Current conditions as of 4:55 am CST

Fair
Feels Like: 30
Barometer: 30.40 in and falling
Dewpoint: 33
Wind: WSW 5 mph
Sunrise: 6:54 am
Sunset: 4:57 pm

Can't make comments on all your posts right now but I'll be back later to do so. MIL is about the same. Doctor continued her B12 shots on a weekly basis and wants to see her back in a month.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 27, 2007
12:51 PM

Post #4234309

Light, but w/a heavy cloud cover, 54(F) D-R-Y.

Sorry bout the doorknob observation - not used to it being that dark that early in the day.

Relative Humidity: 57%
Wind: 300 (WNW) at 17mph
Pressure: 30.06in
Yesterday's Precip: 0.04in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 42F
Yesterday's High Temp: 60F
Dew Point: 37
Ceiling: 4200ft
Heat Index: 52
Wind Chill: 52
6hr Low Temp: 52F
6hr High Temp: 60F
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 27, 2007
1:10 PM

Post #4234361

Dyson - LOL! I am surrounded by men of all ages all the time - in my own warped sense of humor I found it funny!

I think we hit the high temps early on today as they're dropping.

63.9 F / 17.7 C
Mostly Cloudy
Dew Point: 58 F / 14 C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h / 0.9 m/s from the NW
Wind Gust: 5.8 mph / 9.3 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Steady)
Clouds: Few 800 ft / 243 m
Mostly Cloudy 2200 ft / 670 m
Mostly Cloudy 3000 ft / 914 m
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 27, 2007
2:09 PM

Post #4234613

I always heard that it went this way: "Slick as (you-know-what) on a doorknob" Either way, it is yucky! LOL

P.S. the sun is shining for the first time in at least two days! HOORAY for sunshine! No fluorescent halo for DH needed today! LOL
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 27, 2007
10:03 PM

Post #4236572

Sunny~:)))) 28*; so glad to see the sun and cooler weather back; even had a coat w/me this morning. Sunrise was 9:36 and sets: 3:51.
MySharona~~I love the way the bee looks; as if he's found a bright nest among the green leaves. Be sure to bring layers next summer:))
marsue~~so happy that there's sunlight there, too.
Dyson~~light w/clouds/ sure can relate to that:)) No need to apologize; like MySharona, lots of guys in this family, and they'll get a chuckle too.
Thanks, rann. Take care and keep getting better; slow but sure:))
pepper~bet it's pretty and bright out once the sun's up. Frost is magical.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 27, 2007
11:40 PM

Post #4236840

The sun cam out for a nice long visit today. I can take cloudy for a couple of days, but darn near a week is a bit much! LOL!
Kiska - Great picture! I can guarantee you these 2 southerners will bring layers! By July we'll be so used to it being in the 90's the 50's and 60's will be a nice change for my happy hiney!

60.3 F / 15.7 C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 58%
Dew Point: 47 F / 8 C
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph / 5 km/h
Pressure: 30.24 in / 1023.9 hPa (Rising)

Tonight
Mostly cloudy then clearing. Cooler. Low 52. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Look at the VW closely - I HAVE to get a pair of these for my car!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 28, 2007
12:24 AM

Post #4237000

LOL Sharon! The antlers are really cute!

That's a gorgeous picture, Kiska, and I'm glad I'm looking at it from about 2000 miles away. Brrrrr!!! :-)
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 28, 2007
1:04 AM

Post #4237167

Marillyn: You and me both! Brrrrr! indeed!
Kiska: Is that a current photo? Looks like the dead of winter!
Sharon: Your Lady Margaret is a wonder! Just keeps on going.

Well, we had a lovely day today - darn it! Hopped out of bed this morning and went out to see the mud puddles. No such luck. Rain gauge showed just under 1/10" which apparently came down overnight. Beggars can't be choosers I guess. But 1/10" won't make the tiniest dent!

Low tonight 41, High tomorrow 68 and SUNNY. Currently, Dyson dark and 54. Next chance of rain is Saturday. Sigh.
Deb
PS/Here's a little bloomer that surprised me this morning. :)

Thumbnail by DebinSC

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 28, 2007
1:14 AM

Post #4237201

Deb - That's a gorgeous little bloomer you have! Great muted color!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 28, 2007
1:49 AM

Post #4237356

Got into the mid 50s today and sunny. The frost was pretty this morning though I didn't really appreciate it. Had to drive around and unlock some of my buildings before going in to work in the main building today. I just about froze my fingers and face off. :~)

Tomorrow high will be in the high 40s and that is in the morning. It will go down starting around noon. Rest of week in the 30s if I heard right.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 28, 2007
10:44 AM

Post #4238150

Pepper - Is it time to break out the artic gear? I got a chill just thinking about your temps!

Where is everyone? Helllllloooooooo?

61.9 F / 16.6 C
Clear
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: 50 F / 10 C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h / 0.9 m/s from the ENE
Wind Gust: 6.9 mph / 11.1 km/h

Today
Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Breezy. High 68. Northeast winds 15 mph.

The back door is open to let the cool air in. Feels good after the workout! Lunch time traffic with antlers! I couldn't catch up - wanted to find out where they bought the antlers...

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2007
11:12 AM

Post #4238197

Well it's supposed to be in the mid 50's and sunny here...
We had almost 4" of rain Sunday afternoon thru Monday night...
The groundwater is finally rising well...

Ric
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 28, 2007
11:32 AM

Post #4238228

Good morning Sharon! and everyone else!

Great antlers Sharon! LOL! What will they think of next ... Thanks for your concern :-) I'm not feeling well today - I think I got some bug that's been going around Hildur Eva's preschool. She's home too and Selma is home with a cold. So it's a "snuggle at home" day today. Just to clarify, the pain in my hip isn't from the hip joint itself - but the muscles around it. I've had problems with my pelvis from my last pregnancy - this has happened quite a few times before. The joints between the pelvic bones and lower spine tend to get twisted and stuck that way which causes a lot of muscle pain. Sometimes my physical therapist can get them back in place in one session and all is well, sometimes it takes weeks (like now).

Deb - gorgeous flower :-) So sorry you didn't get more rain.

Kiska - gorgeous photo! Do you have snow now? I wish we would get some - it's been far too long since we got some decent snow in December. I want a white Christmas this year! ;-) Thanks - slow but sure is right ... it's a test in patience ... not one of my strong suits.

We got some rain and sleet yesterday, there's a sheet of ice on the street this morning. It's cloudy, 36F, 4-13 mph winds from the east, gusting to 22 mph. 76 - 91 % humidity depending on weather station ( I checked on three that are less than 10 min. away). Sunrise was at 10:36, sunset at 3:55.

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 28, 2007
11:46 AM

Post #4238248

As the sky continues to brighten with a red glow over the mountains 41(F).

Picked up enough water during the beginning of the week to keep the rain gauge steady.

but none since Monday.

Relative Humidity: 59%
Pressure: 30.39in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 44F
Yesterday's High Temp: 60F
Dew Point: 23
Heat Index: 36
Wind Chill: 36
6hr Low Temp: 42F
6hr High Temp: 47F
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2007
4:29 PM

Post #4239119

Quoting:The joints between the pelvic bones and lower spine tend to get twisted and stuck that way which causes a lot of muscle pain.

Ouch, Rann! and I imagine the cold wet weather doesn't help any, either!! Sorry to hear that you and the two little girls are feeling poorly today! Snuggle up and stay warm!---and feel better soon!

BRB-- gotta get the weather forecast.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2007
4:38 PM

Post #4239138

Detailed Local Forecast
Today: Mostly sunny. High 64F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
Tonight: Generally clear skies. Low 38F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow: Mainly sunny. High 56F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

It is currently about 52 on my back porch. Sun is shining brightly, hooray!

DH just went over to his aunt's house to dig up some amaryllis which she said we could have. I've been told we need to get them in the ground now so they will bloom in the spring. I never knew we could put them in the ground and that they would overwinter and come back the next season. DH's aunt says she has had these for years, so I'm going to try growing them outside, too!
BTW, all you Thanksgiving and Christmas Cactus owners, I looked at mine yesterday and it has buds on it. HOORAY! Looks like it will be blooming for Christmas.

Love those moose antlers, Sharon. Hope you can find some for yourself--then Kiska won't have any bragging rights over you! LOL
Gorgeous photos, Deb and Kiska, but BRRR on the snow on those mountains, kiska!

Here's a photo of the sunrise over the houses in our subdivision this morning.

This message was edited Nov 28, 2007 10:40 AM

Thumbnail by marsue

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 28, 2007
7:08 PM

Post #4239694

Rann so hope you can retrain those muscles to behave themselves. I just can't imagine a consistent muscle cramp.
Ric, you are a real inspiration.
Kiska, Hi right back,
Adina, that's gonna be a great house.
Joey I guess A.
Sharon I'll be on the lookout for Antlers.
Marilyn hope bunnie is all better. Bites scare me since I had a blackwidow bite at age 6 and my arm was huge. Got tons of attention.;)
Seeds, you just enjoy inside for a spell.
Deb, Dyson, E_B, Pepper,Kelli and any other lurkers Howdy.
My weather is about like Sharon's.
Marsue that picture is my first screensaver from you...thanks.
Sidney

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 28, 2007
7:41 PM

Post #4239815

10:30am; sunrise was due at 9:38, but heavy clouds blocked it. Flurries in the forecast. Sunset: 3:49pm. 26*F.
Deb: the picture of Hatcher Pass was taken in the spring; April of this year. Looks same today w/out blue sky.
MySharona~~pretty cute set of antlers; hope you find some, too. July? Sounds good.
Rann~~sorry you and the girls are not feeling well. It's just as well to avoid those icy conditions; seems hard enough to remain upright, even w/out hip problems. (I've gone the wimpy way and use cleats)>>>
Marsue~~that is just gorgeous; great way to start the day..very pretty.
Dyson~not only do I see that you got a red glow; but rain too, very cool...
Ric~seems like rain is doing some good now. great.
Sidney~the thought of such a spider bite sends a chill up my spine. Must have been terribly painful.
Gdaughter w/pink stick & gloves.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 28, 2007
11:59 PM

Post #4240827

Rann I hope all of you are feeling better soon. Ouch that sounds painful. How often does that happen? Like Kiska said best to stay away from icy roads anyway.
Marsue Ive saved your picture as welljust gorgeous!
Kiska Your GD is adorable she has pink shoelaces as well! I love pink!
63.5 F / 17.5 C

Overcast
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 59 F / 15 C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4.8 km/h / 1.3 m/s from the NNE
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10.1 km/h
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 2600 ft / 792 m
Mostly Cloudy 4200 ft / 1280 m
Overcast 6500 ft / 1981 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers after midnight. Areas of dense fog after midnight. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times after midnight. Low 58. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 mph after midnight.

The sun came out for about an hour today, then back to cloudy & overcast & no rain.The sky get get a little color around 5:20 this evening, but lasted for about 15 minutes.

If anyone finds antlers (not the real thing please!), buy them for me, I'll reimburse you for purchase and postage asap!

Thumbnail by MySharona

se_eds
Millersburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 29, 2007
12:32 AM

Post #4240972

Catching up here - Dyson - doorknob - ewwww.
Antlers - seen a lot of them on the back of cars, mini vans and trucks. Rifle deer season opened on Monday. There were one million hunters for rifle deer season. I'm not going out in the crossfire this year. Hope they find a plentitude. Deer, here in my area of Pa., have been displaced by development and are preventing the forest floor from renewing itself. Not to mention damage to farmers and surburbanites crops. The State is trying to figure out a bunch of special shoots or "kill-offs" to reduce the herd.
Monday, the opening day of hunting brought pouring down rain and fog. Wouldn't have wanted to be out on the mountain in those conditions, yet heard plenty of shots. Tuesday was high winds - still lots of shots - but the winds cause a lot of "Widow-makers" - falling branches on unsuspecting hunters. Today was wind still - temps up to 50 degrees and a perfect day. Still hearing plenty of shots so the deer population is not that diminished. Temps down now to about 38 deg. windstill and beautiful.

Stay safe all, and watch for groups of deer crossing the highway.
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 29, 2007
1:28 AM

Post #4241203

Sharon: I just D-mailed you an "antler source". :)
Ric: 4" of rain! Congratulations! I actually have started dreaming about rain.
Rann: If you have to be in a freezing cold climate, the least mother nature can do is send you a white Christmas! :)
Marsue: I have amaryllis in ground and they come back like mad, every year. I'm a half-zone warmer, but I bet they'll do fine for you.
Kiska: Cute lil hockey players.

Hi today was 65 under a beautiful #$&#(& blue sky.
Right now 55 and partly cloudy, but no rain clouds apparently, since the chance is 20%.

Another little sunny surprise in my garden.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 29, 2007
2:08 AM

Post #4241375

Currently in the mid 30s. High was in the high 40s today. Started dropping around noon. Should go down to about 25* tonight. Snow possible this weekend.

Here is a pic I took just a little while ago of the sky.

Thumbnail by pepper23

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 29, 2007
2:17 AM

Post #4241419

Pepper: Love that sky!

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

November 29, 2007
3:21 AM

Post #4241618

Good Evening All! :D The weather has been cool as late fall should be. We got a total of 1/2" on Monday. Not bad, but could definitely use more.
At present...41F
Feels like: 39F
Barometer: 30.3 in
Dewpoint: 27
Humidity: 56%
Wind: 3 mph SE
Sunrise: 7:15 AM
Sunset: 5:06 PM

I agree with Se_eds, Those deer can do some serious damage on a car! :-O I finially got my car back after almost $1900. worth of repairs.
Kiska, Your precious GD looks like she is down to serious business! :D They are so cute when they do that! :D And I agree...frost Can be magical.
Deb, The pink! What a Beauty! :D Love the color! And your night shot is fantastic! Plus...I love your yellow Rose! :D
Sharon, Those antlers are hilarious! :D My DS had an arm stuck out off her trunk for Halloween. :D
Ric, Can't wait to see the progress that you will make! :D You are quite the handy man! :D
Adina, Things are really shaping up! I really can't wait to see it when it's finished. Do you have a set date as to when it may be finished?
Marylyn, So glad that your little bunny's ictching is better. :D
Rann, Do take care, so you can get outside & take some pics for us! :D
Pepper, What a great sky shot! :D

The answer to the trivia is...B
Sometimes the air beneath a cloud is so dry that the rain never has a chance to hit the ground.

Have a good evening!
Joey

(one that I retrieved from last year)

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 29, 2007
10:54 AM

Post #4242118

Se_eds Guess Id stay inside too. Too many people with rifles out there.
Deb Thanks again! Love that beautiful yellow rose. So pretty. Praying for rain for you. I'm sick of the clouds and no rain. I can see why people get SAD. :(
Pepper Great clouds! Stay warm
Joey OMG an arm! Thats baaad. Hows our little man? Darn, I missed the trivia question.

64.0 F / 17.8 C
Overcast
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 62 F / 17 C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the NNW
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 1.2 miles / 2.0 kilometers
Clouds: Overcast 300 ft / 91 m

Today
Areas of fog early in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 5 mph shifting to the west in the afternoon.

This is the time of year that drives me and my sinus' crazy. I have shorts, jeans, sweaters, t-shirts, boots, sandals. My closet overfloweth with spring, summer and fall clothing. It's annoying. Cold, warm, mild...sigh. Boo doesn't care though.

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 29, 2007
11:06 AM

Post #4242132

43 here this morning and windy Dyson Dark here...and 6 AM.
Looks like we might see 60 again by Sunday.

Thanks for the comments.
We're hoping to get a pretty good jump on the GH this weekend.
If all goes well the plants will be inside by Sunday night...
And of course as always ... Man makes plans and the Gods laugh...

Ric
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 29, 2007
2:01 PM

Post #4242418

Good morning! Pepper, that sky picture is gorgeous. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CST (65 min ago)
Temperature 51 F 11 C
Dew Point 48 F 9 C
Humidity 92%
Pressure 30.29 in 1025.7 mb
Wind Speed 7 MPH 6 kts
Wind Dir NNW 340
Visibility 7 mi 11.3 km
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 5:50am CST : 50.0F / 10.0C

This rose sometimes blooms all yellow, sometimes all peach, and sometimes, like today, a mixture of the two. I don't know why the color changes so much, but I sure like it! I don't know the name of the rose... it was here when we moved in. :-)

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 29, 2007
4:04 PM

Post #4242941

21*; dark for 3 more hours; (sunrise 9:41). sunset 3:47. loss of 3m53seconds.
At 3pm yesterday there was 5.2 earthquake centered 66 miles from here.
Deb~the yellow rose is just beautiful; and, Marylyn; the color combination of your rose is gorgeous.
pepper~love the sky photo; always changing/moving.
Joey~~that is certainly a beautiful scene, too. Glad you retrieved it...
MySharona~what a mixed up day of weather in your area; no wonder you've got a closet full of seasons>))
View from the nearby elementary school on Tuesday.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 29, 2007
11:28 PM

Post #4244289

If that had been the view from my elementary school, I wouldn't have been able to concentrate on my ABCs! :)

Marilyn: I have a rose similar to that one and it's called "Honey Perfume". Blooming now. Look it up and see if that might be yours. It's a long shot, but could be.
Sharon: Yes, I see that Boo doesn't care. A very serene countenance. Looking forward to seeing your antlers.
Ric: Good luck with the GH. Hope you it goes as planned.

Oddly, it rained today - but only for about 10 minutes - registered about 1/20". At this rate, it'll be a while before we make up that 12" deficit. Better chance this weekend, though.

Now: 62 and cloudy.
Low tonight 47.
High tomorrow mid -uppe 60s.
10% chance of precip.
Deb

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 29, 2007
11:47 PM

Post #4244355

Good evening!

Marsue, Sidney - it probably sounds worse than it is. It's very irritating - I can tell you that ;-) Gorgeous sunrise!

Sharon - it can happen at anytime, just one wrong move can do it. I'd had a pretty long good spell before this last episode. Your wardrobe problems sound familiar. You should try to pack for a vacation here ... you'd need the whole range from winter to summer clothes (I always pack shorts and short sleeves "just in case" a miracle should happen ;-) ). Makes packing lightly impossible! Especially with kids. lol Oh, wait, it's probably similar in Alaska so you'll get to try it next summer ;-)

Kiska - cleats would have been very useful today - all parking lots and sidewalks were covered with very slick ice. Cute photo of GD and an awesome view from the school! :-)

Deb - you'd think! (regarding the snow). Having to put up with all this darkness to boot - it should be guaranteed! lol

Joey - Thanks, I found the small camera finally so now I should be able to get more photos ;-)

I've been busy sewing little bags for the girls Advent calendar. Up until now I've wrapped the daily candy treats in giftpaper - which is a lot of work when making 42 little packets, so my thinking was it'd be easier to have little bags to put the treats in. It's more work this year, but hopefully it'll pay off next year and in years to come ;-) lol

It's windy and wet now, another storm passing through tonight. 39F, 35 mph gusting to 56 mph from the east.

I need to get some sleep - Hope you all have a great night!

Here's a link to a site my DH found - some nice clips from Reykjavik (clip 2) and around Iceland (clip 1) :-) http://www.ifp.is/

Rann

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 30, 2007
12:11 AM

Post #4244441

Popping in and out trying to get thru threads. Our sunset yesterday.

FIRE!

Thumbnail by billyporter

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 30, 2007
12:22 AM

Post #4244482

Wow BP!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 30, 2007

Post #4244943

Thanks, Sharon and Sidney: I'm flattered that you saved my sunrise photo. Your "Boo" is one laid-back cat, Sharon! LOL
Gorgeous roses, Deb and Marylyn!
Loved that site your DH found, Rann. Gorgeous scenery and varied topography. Iceland has its own "Old Faithful" geyser, I see. Hope you get those little bags finished in time for the Advent season.
Kiska: a pink hockey stick--how cute! and another great shot of the Alaskan mountains!
BP--that sunset does look like fire behind the trees.
Good sky shot, pepper!
Ric, good luck with the GH this week-end.
I got those amaryllis planted today. Sure hope they bloom in the spring or summer. (excuse, DH got those amaryllis planted) Did I tell you my Christmas cactus has buds on it? Last year it bloomed at Thanksgiving, again at Christmas, and yet again around Valentine's Day. What more could you ask?
Oh, I almost forgot about the forecast. Be right back with it.
In the meantime, here is another view of yesterday's sunrise with THAT TREE in the photo. You guys are going to become well acquainted with that tree! LOL
Here's our forecast:

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 30, 2007
1:59 AM

Post #4244948

Here's our forecast for tonight and tomorrow:
Tonight: Mostly clear skies this evening will give way to mostly cloudy skies overnight. Low 36F. Winds light and variable.
Tomorrow: Considerable cloudiness. High 58F. Winds light and variable.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 30, 2007
2:07 AM

Post #4244985

Currently 33* and clear outside.

Almanac for Kansas City:
Normal High: 46
Normal Low: 28
Record High: 77 in 1933
Record Low: 3 in 1976
Sunrise: 7:16 am
Sunset: 4:56 pm
Moonrise: 10:32 pm
Moonset: 11:59 am
Today's Moon: full

Pic of Curly doing his new favorite activity.

Thumbnail by pepper23

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 30, 2007
2:28 AM

Post #4245106

That is priceless, Pepper!! Reminds me of the cats I had when I was growing up. I had one just about that color, too.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 30, 2007
2:33 AM

Post #4245128

He is a crazy cat. Rescued him from work this past June when he was 8-10 weeks old. His tail is almost as long as he is too. He also loves to jump in the tub and drink and clean himself in there too. LOL.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 30, 2007
3:18 AM

Post #4245316

Thanks Deb, it was spectacular for a change!

Marsue, that's a beautiful sunrise and THAT TREE looks very handsome!

Pepper, love the picture of Curly. He's beautiful! Petey's fuzzy mice kept disappearing until we started closing the lid. Now he drops them in the water dish :)) I came out in the dark the other morn and saw one of his mice on the floor in front of me. I picked it up, kind of rubbed it and thought it was one of the newer ones. I tossed it and must have felt the tail. Yep, it was real, and real dead. Even tho I had just held it, I scooted it in the dustpan to toss outside.

I forgot the weather too. It's 34* and Dyson dark right now!

This morn's sunrise.

Thumbnail by billyporter

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 30, 2007
10:59 AM

Post #4245872

Marylyn Gorgeous rose in either color!
Kiska- I cant wait to see your mountains in person! Theyre majestic in pictures. Im with Deb. I dont think I could have concentrated on my studies with a view like that!
Deb You got some rain! YAY every little bit helps!
Rann Youre right! I will have to pack a little of everything. I think everyone wil laugh when we first arrive. Well be in Fall gear and everyone else will be in shorts and ts! Well be the tourists LOL!! The videos are great. Such a beautiful area to live in!
Sally Ill second that WOW! Love the pink sky as well!
Marsue Great sky shot with that tree! LOL!
Pepper LOL! Go Curly!

61.9 F / 16.6 C
Fog
Visibility: 0.2 miles / 0.4 kilometers
Clouds: Overcast 200 ft / 60 m

Today
Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Areas of fog early in the morning with visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Highs in the lower 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am EST this morning...

Here is the dense fog from yesterday

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 30, 2007
11:00 AM

Post #4245874

and here is the sun trying to break through, didn't work though. BTW - we got a couple of sprinkles, but only enough to mess up the windshield.

Thumbnail by MySharona

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 30, 2007
11:24 AM

Post #4245889

Good morning!

It's still quite windy, but it's stopped raining for the moment at least. 40 mph from the east, gusting to 69 mph. 39F, 63% humidity.
Sunrise was at 10:42 and sunset will be at 3:50.

Thanks marsue and Sharon - glad you liked the link :-)

Marsue and billyporter - gorgeous sunset and sunrises! :-)

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 30, 2007
1:46 PM

Post #4246211

Good morning, everyone! It looks just like Sharon's picture here, too. :-) I like fog.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CST (50 min ago)
Temperature 58 F 14 C
Dew Point 57 F 14 C
Humidity 97%
Pressure 30.25 in 1024.4 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling - -
Visibility 0.25 mi 0.4 km
Current Conditions Fog
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 55.9F / 13.3C

Cloudy early in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Areas of dense fog with visibility one quarter mile or less at times early in the morning. Highs in the mid 70s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 30, 2007
7:36 PM

Post #4247314

It looks like Sharon's picture here, too, but no fog--just grey, grey grey. Yuck! I much prefer sunshine and so does my DH, as you know.
Great sunrise photo, BP. gorgeous violet color in the background. Did you enhance it or did it just come out that way naturally?
That sunrise photo I took on Wednesday was "all natural". Sometimes I do enhance the color on my photos to make them look more real-to-life but why mess with success if they come out that way naturally?
Only 5 hours of daylight, Rann? I don't know how you and Kiska handle that. My hat is off to both of you!
edited to say that I forgot the forecast again. I get so busy chatting with you all that I forget all about the weather!LOL
Here it is:
Current conditions as of 1:22 pm CST

Cloudy
Feels Like: 45
Barometer: 30.36 in and steady
Humidity: 71%
Dewpoint: 36
Wind: NE 3 mph
Sunrise: 6:56 am
Sunset: 4:56 pm
High today forecast to be 56--I'll be surprised if it makes it. P.M. showers tonight and partly cloudy tomorrow. High on Saturday of 65*.

I expect Sidney will bump us up soon.

This message was edited Nov 30, 2007 1:40 PM
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 30, 2007
8:05 PM

Post #4247440

Just a quick hello and to share the joy of clear and cold weather; it really beats warm and cloudy:))
19*; clear; highs to the 20's. Sunrise 9:43 Set 3:47...
A sunrise both yesterday and today- getting lucky and spoiled:))
Sunrise@ the Matanuska River...

Thumbnail by kiska

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 30, 2007
8:16 PM

Post #4247490

Wow, Kiska! Gorgeous!!!
BTW, how does one save someone else's photo from a thread? I didn't know you could do that.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2007
8:25 PM

Post #4247525

Ok - found the derned hillbilly camera cable & can there fore post pics of the derned hillbilly cats & such.

58(F), bright blue skies, still in need of moisture, I hate snow with a passion but will even take it in ice form at this point.

Introducing Mr. Jinx, AKA "the boss" he was named Jinx when a much smaller version of him appeared on our doorstep on Friday the 13th, month and year can not be remembered. Jinx is a throughly un-trained attack cat in that he will tangle w/anything and I do mean anything that invades his territory. So far he has attacked - my mother, my mothers dog, the neighbors dog, and the other neighbors dog. He really seems to enjoy wooping on other tom cats the most and has been known to chase them far from the house and to the doorstep of their respective owners. Not many of them talk to us any more.

Thumbnail by Dyson

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2007
8:29 PM

Post #4247535

Marsue depending on OS etc. it can be different, but single click on the thumb to enlarge then right click on the photo and select "save image as" - this is for firefox.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 30, 2007
8:46 PM

Post #4247603

thanks, Dyson! That was certainly easy enough. and your Mr. Jinx looks as if he is "king of the hill"! LOL
DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

November 30, 2007
9:24 PM

Post #4247720

Dyson: He doesn't look as mean as described. He looks nice and cuddly.

Golly those skies! Looks like the best sunrises are all west of here. Great shots guys.

Partly cloudy today, no rain. Low humidity. Very mild highs round 70. Low tonight mid 40s.

Planting the last spring bulbs tomorrow, if I can dig the holes deep enough without a jackhammer. ;->

Deb
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2007
9:51 PM

Post #4247863

Deb have you ever heard of a "sleeper" when referring to a car? You know the innocent looking dodge with the "Hemi" under the hood? This cat is an American terrorist. and I feel sorry for any that try to invade. At least this yard.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 1, 2007
12:16 AM

Post #4248424

Fog - fog everywhere today? My goodness!
Kiska WOW! Another background pic just beautiful!
Dyson So glad you found the camera and the cable, etc! Jinx is adorable, hes winking at us. Cant possible be a terrorist!

62.1 F / 16.7 C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 56 F / 14 C
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph / 5.8 km/h
Visibility: 8.0 miles / 12.9 kilometers
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 50s inland...in the upper 50s coast. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

interesting line of clouds at 1:00pm.

Thumbnail by MySharona

DebinSC
Georgetown, SC
(Zone 8a)

December 1, 2007
1:19 AM

Post #4248655

Dyson: I totally get your analogy about your Jinx. Our cute little Westie killed a possum on our back porch the other night. It was scary how fast he went from a cute fuzzy guy with a wagging tail, to teeth on legs. (He was very proud of himself, too.)

Sharon: I always enjoy your windshield shots. :)

56 and clear.
Deb
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 1, 2007
1:33 AM

Post #4248708

Great shots!
Sunsets! Sunrises! Fog! and Cats!

Deb our Shar-pei Wu is death to possums too!
Westies and Sharpies are born ratters.
And Possums look like big rats I guess.

Looks like we may be getting a little warmer weather to work in this weekend.
Not warm just warmer.
I'll take mid 50's at this point.

Ric
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 1, 2007
3:09 AM

Post #4249020

Freezing rain on the way tonight. No snow in the forcast now. Temp outside is freezing cold and I am tired of chasing Curly out there. :~)
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

December 1, 2007
3:22 AM

Post #4249068

Wow! Beautiful colors Kiska.

We were supposed to get a bit of snow the past day or so but it never materialized. Just checked the 10 day forecast...nothing but freezing rain, and snow. No sun in sight and highs in the 20's and 30's. Yuck!!!

Here's tonights sunset. Guess I won't be seeing this again for awhile.

early_bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

December 1, 2007
3:23 AM

Post #4249071

One more...

early_bloomer

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 1, 2007
3:33 AM

Post #4249098

Wow!! Gorgeous!!!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 1, 2007
3:34 AM

Post #4249103

Wow, EB--great photos! We ought to change the name of this thread to the "Sunrise, Sunset" thread! LOL
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2007
9:51 AM

Post #4249590

Dark, Dry, 45(F)

Hillbilly cats two & three.

Thumbnail by Dyson

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2007
9:53 AM

Post #4249591

Rain Gauge has been at this level for ever

Thumbnail by Dyson

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 1, 2007
10:30 AM

Post #4249601

Pepper Freezing rain = not good :( Im sure Curly came in on his own termsjust like all cats do everything!
E_B Beautiful sunsetlooks like molten gold another favorite color of mine! LOL!
Dyson Your DHCs are so pretty and fluffy! Praying you and Deb get rain soon.

60.4 F / 15.8 C
Clear
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 44 F / 7 C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the NNE
Wind Gust: 7.8 mph / 12.6 km/h
Pressure: 30.30 in / 1026.0 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 6.0 miles / 9.7 kilometers

Today
Partly cloudy. Areas of fog early in the morning. A 20 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs around 70. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

I've ordered the car antlers! Look blue skies! YAY! That gray stuff was getting old...

Thumbnail by MySharona

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

December 1, 2007
12:08 PM

Post #4249689

Good Morning! All! :D I woke up to a rather Chilly morn...
36F
Feels like: 28F
Barometer: 30.4 in
Dewpoint: 18
Humidity: 44%
Wind: 11 mph WNW
Sunrise: 7:18 AM
Sunset: 5:05 PM

Love all of the Gorgeous! Skys! :D Marvelous colors!
Dyson, Those hillbilly cats look as if they could be a laugh a minute! :D The weather guy has predicted some snow for us on Monday...an inch or 2. Will you get any of it?

Well, The county H.S. lost the state championship, by 1 touch down! What a game! It was played in Wheeling (opposite end of the state) & Emily went...So you know that Grammy & Poppy got to baby sit! :D and of course Garrett & Jack helped! ;) We all laughed all evening! and JW got to sleep w/ Grammy & Poppy in the big bed! all night long! :D You all may think that this is nasty, but...Jack Loves JW...Jack licked the back of JW's head & JW proceded to cackle! LOL! I guess you just had to be there (here!)

Well, must get ready for work... (BTW, I aced a Math test Thursday! :D Probably the 1st & last time! But I did it! :D - linear equations/matrix's - 3 problems took up 3 sheets of paper)

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

(the last of the blooms)

Thumbnail by music2keep

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 1, 2007
12:18 PM

Post #4249702

Here's a brand new thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/794450/
Sidney

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America