Photo by Melody

Article: The Three 'C's' Among Fall-flowering Bulbs: Colchicum, Crocus and Cyclamen: Other great fall plants?

Communities > Forums > Article: The Three 'C's' Among Fall-flowering Bulbs: Colchicum, Crocus and Cyclamen
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Three 'C's' Among Fall-flowering Bulbs: Colchicum, Crocus and CyclamenReplies: 1, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Maece
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 5b)

November 26, 2007
7:04 PM

Post #4231697

This year I planted both fall crocus (it flowered!) and cyclamen (guess I'll have to wait until next year?). Anyway, it's so fun to have flowers this late that I'm interested in finding all possible fall bloomers. I think that most foliage plants are known for providing fall interest, but as far as fall blooms go, supposedly these are good choices:

Daylily
Trollius
Toad Lily

What plants have you had fall success with?

Michaeljerusale
Jerusalem, Bot.Garde
Israel

August 29, 2011
5:41 AM

Post #8782598

What you published about the three c's is very correct. But I feel you ought to add to this listing also Hysteranthous (=leafless flowering corms, bulbs and rhizomes) the large flowered yellow STERNBERGIA. Native to our part of the world (The Near East) they are a wonderful addition to any bulb collection. Their hardiness is OK like all other Mediterranean type species that belong to this group and they deserve much wider cultivation.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Three 'C's' Among Fall-flowering Bulbs: Colchicum, Crocus and Cyclamen Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great Info! jadajoy 9 Dec 13, 2007 2:17 PM
Crocus & cyclamen in San Francisco CA ferncrazy 0 Nov 26, 2007 2:38 PM
Autum Crocus IrisUniverse 1 Sep 27, 2009 10:18 PM
Autumn bulbs dardar614 6 Sep 3, 2010 10:00 PM
Can I plant my indoor cyclamen? binibusybee 3 Aug 29, 2010 3:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America