Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Morrow, Splitlog or Neosho MO.

Belle Plaine, KS

My father was from there. But we know almost nothing about his family. His name was Raymond. Brothers-Orville, Nay, Earn (more? not sure) I dont even know my Gndprnts names for goodness sake.
Sister-Verda, (more? not sure)
Any info will help.
Thanx, Lora:)

Toddville, IA(Zone 5a)

Lora, do you know when your father was born? Do you have his obituary?
Most genealogy research breaks down by county. Neosho is in Newton county, while Splitlog is a ways away in McDonald County. What information do you have that links the family to those two counties?
A lot of people hesitate to tell "everything," thinking people will think they are just nattering on; with genealogy, the more details, the better, even if they seem unconnected or insignificant. It also takes a long time to "type it all in" and sometimes you have to get out a scrapbook or photo album, but it is worth it -- often, you end up finding you can figure out the answers if you just put down everything you know.

With a birthdate, we can estimate your grandparent's ages and I'll take a look at census data. Better yet, if your Dad or his siblings were born before 1930, they should be in the 1930 census, although I'm not seeing them at first glance.

Tucson, AZ(Zone 8a)

If you are still researching this info. D-Mail me privately. I have done a lot of research in Newton and McDonald County, MO and I might be able to give you some help.

Brandie

Batesburg, SC(Zone 8a)

Oh my...hard to believe somebody on here has genealogy related to Splitlog MO. My maternal Grandmother was born in Splitlog MO, 1909. It is barely even a spot on a map. Does it even have a population count?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.