Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Greenhouse Kits: Your way into the (green)house: Excellent information

Communities > Forums > Article: Greenhouse Kits: Your way into the (green)house
bookmark
Forum: Article: Greenhouse Kits: Your way into the (green)houseReplies: 5, Views: 157
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

December 4, 2007
1:12 PM

Post #4259962

As a very greenhorn to greenhouses, I really appreciated your article. I helped build mine too and since it is a unstable kit, I have rebuilt it and a lot of alterations to make it stable myself. I appreciate the fact that you have built these yourself or participated in the construction of each one. I hope this has inspired other women to try.
svplantingfool
South Venice, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 4, 2007
2:14 PM

Post #4260143

LariAnn, nice article! I would like to add a small greenhouse to the garden next year and your article was just the perfect way to get started. The dual purpose of having a greenhouse for cold protection in the winter and protection from too much rain in the summer would be the perfect balance for my needs. Great information and links.
Thanks, Cathy
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 4, 2007
11:04 PM

Post #4261825

We've been fiddling with this idea and appreciate the pictorial and super advice - much thanks !!

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

December 5, 2007
3:10 AM

Post #4262701

Very useful info, LariAnn. Thank you! Look forward to trying it one day and this is a great starting point.
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

December 16, 2007
10:07 PM

Post #4301418

LariAnn, Just now got a chance to read this article and I really must say Well Done! So informative and inspirational. The pictures and your personal experiences will no doubt inspire others to do the same. Many plants will owe their continued existence through this winter to you.

Thanks again!

Yokwe,
Shari

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

June 5, 2009
4:43 PM

Post #6646112

LariAnn,
Just found this article in the random rotating links. Very good info and inspiring.
Thanks,
Bev

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Greenhouse Kits: Your way into the (green)house Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My first "Greenhouse" weidner 0 Dec 10, 2007 1:44 PM
Question about purchasing a greenhouse sueannmail 1 Apr 17, 2012 9:38 AM
4 Season Affordable Greenhouse coloradogrower 4 Nov 10, 2011 10:49 PM
Cedar Built Greenhouse of BC Diva_D 0 Mar 18, 2010 3:47 PM
Home Depot Greenhouse! Nokota 0 Apr 15, 2011 6:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America