Purchasing very wide fitting shoes for my husband

wolverhampton, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi

My husband is diabetic and is recovering from surgery to the ball of his foot for an infected ulcer. I am trying to find a website in the USA that would deliver to Britain very wide fitting shoes, I have found a couple but they do not send to UK. It seems that the US caters for larger widths moreso than here in the UK. We are looking for a UK size 12 and probably a 4e to 6e width fitting. If anyone knows an online company we can purchase from we would be most grateful.

Thanks
Sue

Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

Hi Sue! I can't help with your question, unfortunately, but I'm going to watch this thread because I'm also looking for wide shoes. I used to order from the Maryland Square catalog when I lived in the States, but now that I'm living in Canada I find they will not ship across the border. I take a ladies US size 10 (UK size 8, European size 42) in E or WW (double wide) fitting, which most stores do not stock.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I do not know their shipping policies but Zappos.com is a major on-line shoe company. Also you might try your own Clark's brand. I buy them often in the US. The country of Italy makes the finest shoes in the world. Don't know exactly how to go about finding a brand.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

had to go look it up. One of the best brands of shoes I ever owned is made in Israel. NAOT. Just google it and see if you can find a solution. They are pricey but literally last for years.

wolverhampton, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi

Thank you all for your replies I will be investing all of your suggestions.

Regards
Sue

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

here is one from UK http://www.brogueshoes.co.uk/Shoes-by-Manufacturer.html

google outcome http://www.google.com/search?q=shoemakers+make+very+wide+fitting+shoes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

try to contact all the links i posted, inquire if they will ship to u.

good luck... ma vie

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

My DH is also of the Bigfoot tribe, 13 EEE. One thing I learned is that unusual shoe sizes can be kind of pricey, even if you can get them.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

one thing i learned in my lifetime is to pay the extra price than suffer the consequences that will affect my health in the long ran. one maybe able to have alternative to cheaper buys but what is the cost effect on one's health, not to mention the expensive expenses uncalled for, and how many no good shoes that were bought in waste... this is one of the few reason/s why i like to help others in their search.

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

I have my own problems with problem feet and shoe fit and comfort, so I agree, for the most part. But when DH was still working, his job was very hard on shoes. Weather, mud, chemicals, etc., daily. His shoes didn't last long. Of course the better shoes lasted a little longer, but it was still financially hard, so he usually bought less expensive shoes for work.

Adrian, MO(Zone 6a)

I have a wide foot also. this is a pair of shoes that have worn like iron, are wide, and are the best shoe i have ever purchased. They are made in sweden i believe. they are a little odd, they have wooden insoles, nails around the edge, but they are "made" broken in.
these are the only pair of shoes i have ever had that have never 'flattened' out on the sides. hope this helps
http://www.lordjohnsfootwear.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=645&idproduct=44604

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images