Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beauty and Fashion Tips: Flowing and Glowing (Tips for Long Hair Part II)

Communities > Forums > Beauty and Fashion Tips
bookmark
Forum: Beauty and Fashion TipsReplies: 95, Views: 766
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cjolene
Emporia, KS
(Zone 5b)

December 7, 2007
12:36 AM

Post #4269465

This is continued from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/673372/#new

picture used with permission from Jennifer Zivoin of http://www.jzartworks.com/index.cfm If you're trying to find this picture, it can be found more specifically here: http://www.jzartworks.com/illustrations.cfm and scroll to the bottom- it's on the far right.

Thumbnail by cjolene
Click the image for an enlarged view.

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 7, 2007
12:56 AM

Post #4269521

LOL, that is an adorable picture! So appropriate for this thread!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2007
7:35 PM

Post #4274996

Aawww, I love that picture.

It's funny, I don't miss those 3'' and actually am not having to constantly scoot up and pull my hair to the side as much. I'm also not vacuming as much off the carpet. I just might keep it this ''short'' :))

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2007
7:46 PM

Post #4275026

Cjolene, sounds like you've had a rough time. Hope it's all better now!
cjolene
Emporia, KS
(Zone 5b)

December 8, 2007
9:42 PM

Post #4275285

lol It's just been a bit crazy...but it keeps me on my toes. ; ) It's calming down anyways. My brother's coming over this weekend to help me restore all my documents, pictures, etc. that I lost when the hard drive was deleted. He saved that stuff onto his computer for me. I lost all my programs, though. But still, if I had to choose between programs and photos...I'm glad I'm getting my photos back. ; )

And all the moving boxes are slowly disappearing. It's slowly becoming a more relaxing atmosphere. Now I'm starting to get excited about all the painting I get to do. lol! ; )

billyporter, after my hubby cut my hair I've noticed I'm losing less hair, too. Before, I think I felt a bit like that girl in the picture- hair all over my clothes, the floor, etc. Even all over my kid!! haha!! ; ) But now it seems to be staying on my head. Perhaps I was at my limit at the bum-length? Anyone else feel like they've reached a limit? I think I remember Tir in in the last thread saying hers was at her shoulders. ; ( That'd bite.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2007
10:32 PM

Post #4275429

Cjolene, I accidentally deleted all my pictures last year. SIL got a lot of them back with a recovery program, but those that were ''under'' the new ones couldn't be brought back. I can re-take most of them tho. You might be surprised to see how fast your computer runs if you only put back the programs you need. At least thats what SIL tells me. You're lucky to have someone to store your stuff with!

I agree, I'll never go shorter than where I am now. I see that it needed to be done tho. It's so much healthier! I need to get a picture of the new length.
cjolene
Emporia, KS
(Zone 5b)

December 9, 2007
5:13 AM

Post #4276513

Bummer about your lost photos. Glad you could re-take most of them. I couldn't. I've got a little kiddo whose whole life is documented just one the 'puter. I did a backup when he was 6 months or so, but still...that's about 2 years I'd lose of him. I'd be in tears, I know it. lol

I can't find any of the computer program cd's...must not have unpacked that box yet. Not sure I really care enough to find them. lol I looked up the updated versions to purchase online and found that my hard drive just doesn't have the space to support all the newer programs. Print Shop alone requires a full gigabite! I only have 40. lol So I went to Staples to get a hard drive only to find that they require some special feature on computers...can't remember the name exactly...think it started wtih an s or a c? Anyways, mine doesn't have it. They said I'd have to special order one. Isn't that crazy?!?! I got my computer in 2002- it's only 5 years old- and they acted like it was ancient technology. Mind boggling, isn't it? lol

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 10, 2007
2:28 AM

Post #4279180

Mindboggling or big rip-off!

That is the only drawback of a digital camera! Losing photos. We finally bought an external hard drive for photos, and back them up on a disc. Our Gateway with the big problems Microsoft ME is a 2ooo, but the harddrive was no problem to hook up and use. It's a Seagate.

Maybe you can, not put some of the programs back on your computer.
cjolene
Emporia, KS
(Zone 5b)

December 10, 2007
11:38 PM

Post #4281883

Oh there's lots of programs I'll leave off. But stuff like Microsoft Works, Print Shop, etc...they need to come back on. I looked into getting an external drive but my brother suggested getting an internal because they're cheaper and he could install it for me. I think he just likes opening up and looking at the guts of computers, really. lol ; )

Well, we're expecting a big ice storm tonight so gotta prepare. Later! ; )

Cj

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 11, 2007
11:06 PM

Post #4285308

Our ice storm started as rain around 1:00 am. We were up by 3:00 and power was off from 6:30 am to 9:30 am. We were very lucky. I still have jugs of water sitting all over. We still need to get thru tonight.

I hear you on your brother. SIL loves to talk computer :)) Oh well, it's free!
cjolene
Emporia, KS
(Zone 5b)

December 12, 2007
3:04 AM

Post #4286267

Wow, I heard folks in OK had the ice storm. I knew it came up here. But I had no idea it went all the way up to Iowa. That's amazing! Hope you're staying safe. Our Walmart was running out of camping supplies when I went up there. lol! ; )
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 12, 2007
3:59 AM

Post #4286538

I just read about a member in Oklahoma who is keeping warm only because they have a fireplace and firewood! And the animal shelter she works for has no power. Everyone, please pray for these people and the animals.
LC2sgarden
Bolivar, TN
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2007
7:29 PM

Post #4294757

For the first 16 yrs. of my life I never had my hair cut. Not once. I turned 16 in March and in May my aunt Bernadine cut my hair. She cried the entire time she worked on it. My hair reached between my knees and ankles. It would take hours to dry and washing was a pain in the butt. Which brings us to present time. I am now 65 and figure I have about 16 yrs. left. So, several yrs. ago I decided to let my hair grow out again and see how long it gets in the next 16 yrs. When I started it was very short and curly. Now it is below my shoulders about 2". Have had it trimmed several times, but am going to wait until Feb. 08 to get another trim. In several months will have to go back to plaiting it at night because it spreads across the pillows and gets in my face and tickles.

A Merry Christmas to all of you. LIZ

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2007
7:30 PM

Post #4301022

We got about 1/4'' ice, but luckily it warmed up instread of freezing and getting windy. I feel so bad for those who lost power in Oklahoma. We have 1 space heater and the oven. It would have been hard to get the heat to the bathroom to keep the pipes from freezing. Very very lucky!

LC2sgarden, Wow! I'll bet she cried! It must have been very pretty. I understand taking care of it tho. I hope it grows very fast in those 16 to 25 years you have left :)) I went to school with a family who didn't cut their hair because of their religion. Now sure what religion, but their Dad didn't want it cut. They had thin hair that went to their waist.
cjolene
Emporia, KS
(Zone 5b)

December 16, 2007
9:33 PM

Post #4301329

So then was it a religious thing or a dad thing? lol

I feel bad for the Okie's, too. Especially for those out in the country who won't get their power back for months.

billy...couldn't you put the space heater in the bathroom? In our last house, we didn't have central heat- just a free-standing stove. We had to get a space heater specifically for the bathroom. It was this dinky thing- it plugged directly into the outlet...no cord, even. But my neighbors kept getting frozen pipes and we never did. ; )

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2007
9:37 PM

Post #4301344

I think religion. They were very nice, quiet girls.

My bathroom is large enough to hold a tub, stool, and towel cabinet. No more, tho I did tell DH if we had one in the bedroom we would have it made.

Liz, we need a now picture, to be updated for the next 16 to 25 years :))
JRush
Guilford, CT
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2008
1:11 AM

Post #4373320

I have been eyeing a flat iron for some time, & I finally researched enough & bought one off eBay. I have frizzy hair when it is shoulder length or shorter (or in the humidity) but it remains wavy as it grows longer. So I tried this flat iron, & it made my hair smooth as glass! So straight - so sleek - & not a single snag. It stayed straightened for another 3 days, with no touch ups. It is safe - As long as you use a professional quality flat iron, and a product designed for straightening with a flat iron. It really looked like I walked out of a commercial! It has given me another option for styling my hair, & a break from knots. And it was fun :)
Julie
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 8, 2008
6:15 AM

Post #4374500

Yaaay! Congrats on the new find!
cjolene
Emporia, KS
(Zone 5b)

January 8, 2008
5:42 PM

Post #4375753

Cool! Very happy for you!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2008
7:44 PM

Post #4376176

Neat! Since I have straight hair and like it, I know how you feel!
JRush
Guilford, CT
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2008
12:08 AM

Post #4389238

We always want what we do not have, right?
I am curly, & wish for straight. Straight haired gals want curls. I don't think there is any pleasing us ladies!
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2008
4:19 AM

Post #4390320

Isn't it amazing the pain, time and money we put into our hair?
cjolene
Emporia, KS
(Zone 5b)

January 25, 2008
4:48 PM

Post #4452420

Hairjacked in Rio
RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil - Two men on a motorcycle
grabbed a woman as she walked to church, pulled out
a machete and cut off the waist-length hair she had been
growing for two decades, police in Brazil said Thursday.
The woman, a homemaker whose name was not
released, told police she was walking to church when
she was assaulted late Tuesday, police officer Antonio
Williams da Silva said by telephone from the northeastern
city of Aracaju. Da Silva said the woman told authorities
she hadn't cut her hair for 20 years. "It must have been
nearly a meter and half (more than four feet) long," da
Silva said. The robbers cut the woman's hair above her
shoulders, he said, apparently with the idea of selling it
to be fashioned into a wig. "A hairpiece that size could
cost you as much" as $550, da Silva said. The woman
was not injured, but her assailants could be charged
with battery if caught. Da Silva said it was the second
recent case of hair robbery in Aracaju. Similar attacks
have occurred in other Brazilian cities, where the demand
for human hair is high.

bivbiv

bivbiv
Central FL, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 25, 2008
6:51 PM

Post #4452969

Ok, NOW I've heard everything!
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 25, 2008
9:23 PM

Post #4453555

How terrifying that must be! Those monsters oughta be hung by their hair!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2008
9:26 PM

Post #4466077

I can believe it happened! It would be devastating!

Years ago some guy with a hair fetish was cutting women's hair. I kept a watch on mine. I don't even remember which state it was in, but there are always copy cats.

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2008
9:36 PM

Post #4466104

Is there no end to the assortment of sickos out there? Sheesh...

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2008
9:56 PM

Post #4466179

Doesn't seem to be. Luckily I've had no close calls with anyone.

Do suppose Wuvie cut her hair yet?

LC2sgarden, how is your hair growing?
scribmed
Tucson, AZ

January 30, 2008
5:14 PM

Post #4473902

For a great guide to a formal hairstyle check out this article http://www.healthmad.com/Beauty/A-Guide-to-Prom-Hairstyle-Updos.78299
skinfully_bare
Houston, TX

February 15, 2008
12:05 PM

Post #4541027

I have waist length straight hair for about 18 years now. I kept cutting it back by three inches & regretting it so now it grows as it will. I didn't do this on purpose. My hair is so baby fine that no one wants to cut it. They are afraid. I paid $150 at a fancy salon just for a cut. Shoot, they couldn't even wash it right. Made a total mess that took me about 45 minutes to comb out. Then all she would do is trim it. Most I've ever paid for a trim in my life! I won't be going back to any salon ever again. I want it to have some layers around the face & so I tried myself to cut "bangs" or something but I'm not good at it. I've been too afraid to go anywhere because they all think my hair is too thin but it's really not thin... just baby fine. Anyway... I decided I'm better off with straight uncut hair anyway. I like the ease of putting it up... that I don't mess with it all the time like most women do. The savings is great too. Most women spend a fortune on their hair. But I found that my hair too falls out a lot the longer it gets. It sheds seasonally. I hate it. It gets everywhere... worst place... down the back of my pants... need I say more? LOL Recently, someone told me to try Neem oil treatments. Well, it's not for the faint of heart. The smell is somewhere between garlic, peanuts & sulfur. But it works! My hair is GREAT now. Shinier than ever too. I've always had shiny hair but this is wonderful. I put it on my scalp with a bottle used for coloring hair. I just warm it up first & squeeze it along my scalp. Rub it in & put on a cap for a few hours. The shampoo afterwards is weird. Takes a few washings. But the shedding hair thing is much better. I once had a teacher in the 60's who was Presbyterian. She never cut her hair in her life. One day we bugged her enough for so long she finally took down her plaited "bun" (which was more like a hat of hair because it was huge). It stretched behind her about ten feet & it was still braided! It was a religious thing. She said her hair was her crowning glory & a gift from God. I'll never forget that. I loved her as a teacher so much that I always wanted to have plaited long hair when I got old just like her. So many older women have short bobs but I don't like that. Looks mannish to me. I guess it was a self fulfilling wish. No one wants to cut my hair even if I try to find someone. I've gone in several places last summer in frustration with it & they just shook their heads when I walked in. No one will touch it. Maybe because I keep it red with henna & it shines so much. LOL Who knows. But after reading LC2sgarden, I think I finally will just accept this is my fate to have long hair & see how long it will grow before I pass away too. I'm 47 now... so maybe it will touch the floor. Give something for kiddos to bug me about like Mrs. Moore, my teacher in 3rd grade. That'd be real nice. :) Well here's my photo so you can see the travesty my friend did to me when she photo'd me. Remember... it's waist length & straight & fine. So how she did that was a nightmare for me. My hair was in shock for a week after this photo! LOL no kidding

Thumbnail by skinfully_bare

bivbiv

bivbiv
Central FL, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 15, 2008
8:35 PM

Post #4543063

Well, it certainly looks pretty in the photo. Since it looks good in an upswept 'do, then it seems that's the best way to wear it. You can still have it up without letting it get overly long. I don't think I'd ever want hair long enough to sit on. Even when I was young and had long hair, I never wanted it that long.

My hair is naturally curly (not frizzy), and I've been cutting it myself for years now. It's silvery platinum, and this natural color and the short, curly cut get me lots of compliments. I've even had women ask me where I get my hair done. My standard answer: In my bathroom.

About fifteen years ago, I kept it colored, let it grow and wore it in a French twist. Big mistake. When I cut it, I looked ten years younger. I've had the natural color now for three years, and I'll never color it again.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 16, 2008
2:25 AM

Post #4544393

Me, too, I am soooo done with the coloring mess. LOL Besides, I like the way the gray is coming in now that I'm older and there's more of it.
That's weird that no salon will even trim your hair, Skin! A trim is good once in a while, just an inch or so once in a while. I used to be able to sit on my hair, and I felt like a change, so I let my sister (a hairdresser) cut off ten inches. Drat! Like you said, it's easier when it's long, just to put it up than to worry about curling, styling, etc.

bivbiv

bivbiv
Central FL, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 16, 2008
2:36 AM

Post #4544427

Have you ever noticed, though, in the makeover shows on tv, women always look better (younger, more glamorous, etc.) when their hairdo is shoulder length or only slightly below the shoulder? The hair has "bounce," body, movement, and shape. Skin, I think you simply haven't found a real professional, no matter how much you might have paid.

Whatever, your hair still looks very, very pretty in that photo, as do you.

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 16, 2008
5:51 PM

Post #4546501

True, biv, I do like the bounce and movement of shorter hair. I guess I just got too lazy to mess with it after all the years of having it so long. I sometimes wish I could get the ambition to do what it takes to get it to look that way, but I know me better. LOL

bivbiv

bivbiv
Central FL, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 16, 2008
6:29 PM

Post #4546664

A good haircut will do wonders for making it easy to care for. The problem is in finding a good haircutter!
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 16, 2008
6:32 PM

Post #4546675

I may just get a body wave--I've had good luck with that in the past.
JRush
Guilford, CT
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2008
3:22 AM

Post #4548819

I use NEEM on my garden for pests, & it really does stink. It is used for many skin treatments so it makes sense that it would be good for the scalp & hair. I don't know about that odor following me around for a couple of days though!
I agree - a good cut is absolutely necessary for it to behave. Perhaps the hairdressers are too chicken to test their own skills. I don't know what styles work best with baby fine hair, but that up-do is just gorgeous! Don't give up - You will bump into someone who will know how to work with your hair, if you keep looking. The best part is that any experiment that turns out to be a mistake can be "erased" over time.
Julie

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 18, 2008
10:57 PM

Post #4556981

Skinfully bare, that is a gorgeous photo and I love the hair do!!

I guess we would have to see your hair down to see why everyone is afraid to cut it. I know the girl in town here didn't know how to proceed with mine. Finally she put me in a booster seat. I felt silly sitting so tall, but no one else was in there.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2008
12:24 AM

Post #4557377

Ahhh, maybe that's it--they don't want the liability of having you fall off the booster seat??

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2008
3:00 PM

Post #4559480

ROTFL!!!!
skinfully_bare
Houston, TX

February 20, 2008
5:40 AM

Post #4563210

Oh how funny... but maybe that's it... I need to take a booster seat with me! LOL Well, I've not tried for several years because I had so many negative experiences. I keep hoping to meet someone with similar hair & get a referral or something, but so far, no luck. I think they don't want to have someone crying or upset if it doesn't turn out, but I'm not like that... personality wise. I know it would grow back. Although I am used to it long & putting it up & all... I miss the femininity of it being bouncy & able to do all the things it did at the shoulder length. I know women feel like they look younger with short hair, but I just don't see that. Maybe it's because almost all the older women 40+ here in Texas have very short hair. I associated short hair with being old as a child. I cried when my mother cut her hair short after she turned 40. About two days ago I saw a stunning women about 55-60 with gorgeous silver hair down to her waist. I was just astounded & couldn't help staring. I wanted to run up to her & start asking questions! LOL Well, thanks for all the compliments, but my hair in reality is flat, straight & thin. I have to plait it most of the time. I stopped using much henna now. I'm with you guys... it's too much trouble! LOL Grey's not that bad after all I'm learning!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2008
8:06 PM

Post #4626391

I'll bet if you donated 10'' to locks of love someone would cut it!

I too think of short har as an older womans cut. That, and the curly lamb perms.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 19, 2008
2:58 PM

Post #4682190

Either my dad or my DH usually trims my hair. I've had trouble convincing professionals to touch it, too! Nuts. All I was asking them to do was cut off an inch or two, following slight curve that was already there... They'd do it, but there would be this big debate over who would be the one that would have enough nerve. I found I had better luck in barber shops. A guy barber may or may not have much experience with long hair, depending on how many ponytails he sees, but just about anybody can do a trim across the bottom -- and a guy won't tell you he's afraid to touch it, LOL. Of course, I wasn't going in for a "cut" or a big change, just for a trim.

I'm thinking if you really want to cut a lot off, and nobody will do it, you might be ahead to gather your hair into a ponytail and cut the length off yourself, within a few inches of where you want it. That's what they do anyway, when there's a lot of length to remove. Then the stylist might be willing to proceed! Just make sure you've already got an appointment, LOL.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 20, 2008
12:01 AM

Post #4684070

That is really weird that nobody wants to cut it--maybe the last time they cut really long hair, the client then changed her mind and freaked out right in the store or something. LOL
Guess I'm lucky my sister is a hairdresser.
WUVIE
Hulbert, OK
(Zone 7a)

March 21, 2008
2:27 AM

Post #4689023

Popping in with an update, and you're not gonna believe this.

Yep. I cut it. It is now waist length. Do I regret it? Every day. Alas,
it will grow back, better than ever, it's just going to take time.

Karen Marie

Photo of my hair taken down after it was in a braid all day,
before it was cut.

This message was edited Mar 25, 2008 6:58 PM

Thumbnail by WUVIE

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2008
4:11 AM

Post #4689511

Incredible! Hey, waist length is plenty long, but you were brave to do that! Mine was barely hip length when I got about 10" cut off, but it had a lot of split, dry ends, so it needed it. Don't you think it feels better--lighter, healthier? And yep, it can always grow back.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 21, 2008
4:58 AM

Post #4689656

Wuvie, even at waist length, your hair is still stunning! And it's probably a lot easier to braid back or sweep up into a bun now... I'll bet you wear it down more often, too... ?

I've cut mine from hip length to just above my waist, probably 6 inches from where it was a few months ago... Unfortunately, this was necessary because I lost nearly half the thickness of it while trying to find the right Rx... two of the medications had hair loss as a side effect, and to add insult to injury, they didn't work! It's growing back... I've got short little inch and a half long hairs and also 5 inch long ones... but it's going to take a while for those to grow out to my waist! Meanwhile, the bottom part was just too thin, so shortening the overall length was necessary.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do as it grows out... as some point, maybe I'll cut it to halfway up my back in order to get it thicker again... I'll just have to see what it looks like and play it by ear.

I went to see my primary doc, to get some bloodwork done and make sure it was just the Rx that was causing the problem... My hair was back in a ponytail. He said, reassuringly, don't worry -- the good thing about chemical hair loss is that the hair always grows back! It'll grow back! I said, I know it'll grow back, but I'm still a little bummed, because it'll take a good 5 years... he looked startled until he peeked around me to see my ponytail sweeping the exam table, then said, "oh."

I'm glad I cut it, though, because it's a lot less obvious (to me, anyway) now that it's so much thinner. :-)
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2008
8:08 PM

Post #4691891

That does sound frustrating, Jill! It is a pain waiting for several different lengths to even up from a haircut, but from medicine that didn't even do it's job? sheesh...
WUVIE
Hulbert, OK
(Zone 7a)

March 21, 2008
8:17 PM

Post #4691925

Could you take biotin and MSM combined with your current medication?

:-) ((HUG))

KM
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 21, 2008
8:47 PM

Post #4692053

Biotin & MSM? What's MSM? Will it make my hair grow faster? :-)

Hey, I'm just happy it's growing back. I'm probably almost done whining about it, now, LOL. Thanks! The good thing is that I think it's still thick enough to wear as long as I've got it now. I am wondering what it's going to look like in a couple of years, though... maybe I'll have to get a "real" haircut just to make it look like those different lengths are intentional!
cjolene
Emporia, KS
(Zone 5b)

March 22, 2008
12:34 AM

Post #4692819

msm= methylsulfonylmethane

It's major use is to help ease pain from joints but some folks claim it's an all-around cure-all...clearing acne, even. Can be a bit pricey, smells like sulphur, but people swear by it.

I used to work in a vitamin store. lol

This message was edited Mar 21, 2008 7:41 PM
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 22, 2008
1:49 AM

Post #4693156

Huh. Taken internally, or applied externally? Ages ago, my dermatologist gave me a sulpher concoction for my teenage acne... smelled awful (put it on just at night, LOL), but worked!
WUVIE
Hulbert, OK
(Zone 7a)

March 22, 2008
2:22 AM

Post #4693334

Hi Critter,

No, not topically, it is in capsule form. Check your
local GNC if you have one. I don't ever smell or taste
anything sulphuric, but because I'm fussy about things
like that, I also use oil chews instead of fish oil capsules.
I couldn't stand the burping. Ugh. Nasty. The chews are
much like an orange Starburst candy.

I usually only buy the Biotin 300, no need for too much excess,
you'll just pass it.

:-) KM
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2008
2:26 AM

Post #4693362

I have that problem with fish-oil capsules, too. You burp and get a fishy taste in your mouth. Eeeew...but as long as they're good for you, I'll take 'em. Besides, I got a buy-one-get-one deal, so I had about 300. LOL
WUVIE
Hulbert, OK
(Zone 7a)

March 22, 2008
2:36 AM

Post #4693434

For a buy one, get one, I'd burp, too. Ha, ha!

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 22, 2008
4:46 AM

Post #4693882

Thanks! The main thing I've been doing to encourage new hair growth is simply to wash my hair less often... that works fine in the winter, but soon it'll be summer and I'll be outside getting sweaty & muddy in the garden!
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2008
7:19 PM

Post #4695667

Oh, I sure hope we get to do that soon! lol

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 23, 2008
7:03 PM

Post #4699508

I cut my own hair by parting it down the back as for braids. I try to comb each to the front, equally, and not pull it. Then I just cut an inch or so off each side trying not to stab my boob with the scissors.. Comb it back, see what needs fixing and repeat.

Wuvie! Oh my gosh!!! You did it! Well, now that you have, enjoy it as it grows out. It has to be a new experience and it will be better than ever! I agree with Critter about enjoying wearing it down now.

Critter, I feel bad just reading about the medications. It is a big loss when it's your hair. I'll bet Doc wouldn't have been happy to have it happen to him. Thickening up the hair is a good thing tho. Mine doesn't even seem to be growing since I wacked 3'' off. I hope it's all growing at the same time, but it's always grown out in a vee. It's not doing that yet. I'm not fretting because it looks better than the thin ends.

Wuvie, I buy the fish oil from Putitan Pride vitamins and never burp it up. The cheap Walmart capsules I burped.

I swore when I was eating peanuts, macadamia, almonds and walnuts every day to get potassium, my hair was in it's best shape. I still eat all those, but not daily.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 23, 2008
10:12 PM

Post #4700116

Thanks... I think I'm just happy that I've definitely stopped losing more hair and that its growing back... I can deal with what it's like at this point. LOL, if the meds had worked to get rid of the migraines, I think I'd have coped pretty well with going bald. Fortunately, I've found a preventative medication that doesn't seem to be causing any problems... so, no migraines worth mentioning these days, *and* I get to keep my hair! I win! :-)

Billy, I've trimmed my own once or twice as you described, but I never get a really nice line when I do it. But when it gets to the point where it starts breaking from split ends faster than it's growing, you have to do something! I like mine cut in a curve, about like the Mona Lisa's smile, so it shapes into a nice ponytail.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 23, 2008
10:23 PM

Post #4700162

I used to like the curve, but when it got mostly one length I thought it looked longer straight across. And looking longer is the goal :))

Julie, I missed your birthday. I hope it was a good one!
JRush
Guilford, CT
(Zone 6b)

March 25, 2008
7:36 AM

Post #4706539

Wuvie - Your hair is just gorgeous! It is so nice to see photos - it reminds me why I want to keep growing my own hair. People must go crazy when they see you - Even with your now waist length hair.
Another culprit of hair loss - Antibiotics. I noticed my temples are thinning out - You can see my scalp when I pull it back. I complained to my hairdresser the last time I had it cut, & she did some fancy snipping to help cover it up. She made my bangs wider, so the shorter hair would fill in the thin temples. It worked! Now off to find some supplements...
Birthdays seem to come faster these days, don't they?
Julie
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 25, 2008
4:11 PM

Post #4707796

Oh, sorry Julie... glad to hear your new hairdo helped! One thing about hair loss due to a medication reaction -- it really will grow back. Soon, you'll have extra-thick bangs! *hugs*
katym
Deatsville, AL
(Zone 8a)

July 6, 2008
2:29 AM

Post #5210220

Just found this thread and have read most of parts 1 and 2. I am always interested in new things to try on my hair. Mine is long but not as long as some of your pictures. It is about mid way down my back and I am working on getting it longer so I am glad to know there are some supplements I can get for that. It would have been longer now, but I had to get several inches cut off last winter because of some issues with split ends and the cut I had previous to that was not good and it was cut uneven so I had to get it all straightened out. My hair is curly and naturally dry so I have to load on the conditioners to keep it nice looking and healthy. I normally start out the day with it down and by lunch time I have it thrown into a pony tail or some type of bun.
bonjon
Raleigh, NC

July 6, 2008
2:52 AM

Post #5210299

hey y'all - I just stumbled in here and I need help.

I had long thick curly hair. over the years of health problems my hair fell out and came back finer. it's so fine and thin hairdressers all recommend NOT brushing it and cutting it super short. I've forgotten what to do for long hair! I'm not kidding!

My youngest - age 16 - demands long hair. Her father, age 55, still has very thick hair with plenty of body. She has super duper thick hair, has some body, but is fine. It tangles so badly I've never seen anything like it. When she was little, we kept it short.

Even worse, her scalp is hyper-tender, she's alwasy been terrified of me coming at her with a brush! any brush! so sometimes it matts in the back of her neck like my dog's undersides! I can't stand it.

It's currently mid shoulder blade length. She's 16 and she doesn't care about grooming at all.

Any product suggestions? Any other suggestions? Mom and daughter WWIII coming up.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2008
2:58 AM

Post #5210330

Welcome to the "club" Katy! :-)

One of the best conditioners I've tried is to "deep condition" every month or so by saturating my hair with apricot kernel oil (or a similar "light" oil -- olive oil or even canola will work in a pinch), combing it through and leaving it on for several hours or overnight (I braid my hair, pin it up, and cover with a shower cap... holds in heat and keeps oil from getting all over) before shampooing out.

I have to confess, I didn't end up trying any special supplements... just eating healthy stuff and taking a multivitamin. I've been keeping the ends trimmed up, and that helps keep it from looking thin, and I think I've just gotten used to having my hair be less thick for now. It's definitely growing back, but the longest regrowth (from last summer) isn't quite long enough to reach my ponytail elastic... so you can imagine what a messy looking bun it makes at present, LOL!

I think regular trims are one of the best things for good growth... my hair will actually get such bad split ends that it starts breaking off faster than it grows... without trimming, I think it would get gradually shorter rather than longer!
WUVIE
Hulbert, OK
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2008
3:00 AM

Post #5210348

Hello Bonjon!

Ooh. This may be tricky. Is she not interested in grooming it because she is
a tomboyish type, or is she sensitive about the brush? Or maybe another reason?

Another question. You mentioned it is shoulder blade length. Does she want it
longer? Does she wish to grow it very long?

Sorry for all the questions, hope we can help you.

Karen Marie
katym
Deatsville, AL
(Zone 8a)

July 6, 2008
3:01 AM

Post #5210349

My hair is also thick and curly. I suggest a lot of conditioning. I use a conditioner in the shower and then a leave in conditioner when I get out of the shower. Apply it on to towel dryed hair and then brush the hair right after that. She should be able to get a brush through it a lot easier at that time. If she doesnt want to have to brush it much then she should wear it up to keep from getting tangled.

Also, for curly hair (and again I speak from experience) try putting a curl cream on it after showering. It will keep the curls in place, and leave them more hydrated and less frizzy. It does not leave hair sticky or hard like gels or hairspray does.

Katy
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2008
3:06 AM

Post #5210368

Bonjon, look in the kids' section for detangling products -- sprays, shampoos, conditioners. They really work! My niece has long, fine hair, and it would be in endless knots without detangler stuff. If she's shampooing her hair every day, a children's shampoo will be more gentle on her hair and scalp anyway.

Tell her to keep looking until she finds a brush she can stand. I like one with fairly widely spaced plastic bristles with a little "knob" on the end of each bristle. My hair is really fine, and I can work my way through knots and tangles with a brush like that. I used to use a wide toothed comb instead of a brush -- that might be a better option. When you hit a big snarl, turn the comb so it's vertical and work your way through bit by bit. Hanging onto the hair above where you're bushing will protect your scalp from pulling... but you still don't want to just yank... you just have to coax the brush down through the hair a little at a time. Sometimes it's easier to start at the bottom and work your way up.

Hope that helps...
bonjon
Raleigh, NC

July 6, 2008
1:27 PM

Post #5211521

See I didn't give enough facts. It's not my hair I'm worrying about, it's my DD's hair problem. Hers has body like her dad, thickness from both of us. But it is straight and fine. I'm clueless on straight hair. Her hair easily forms ratsnests to the point of matts.

She's a geek. Her figure developed early and large (Dolly Parton at 14), so "fashion" does not fit. Ever since a 2nd grade teacher - this is real folks, documented at school - set her up to have her ostrasized by her peers, she's been picked on for many things and felt neglected for years and years in school. "Ant-low" self esteem, I call it. Even a lisp. Found out she had a form of dyslexia: her eyes didn't track well enough to read until she had therapy for it. Otherwise she's as bright as her genius dad. Like him, and he mostly raised her, she lives in front of her computer. Tons of acne, face is totally blackheads. getting her to care for her skin properly is an issue we wont tangle with here (could not resist the pun - sorry)

hopelessly oily hair within 48 hrs. a touch of dandruff. the greasy matted hair makes me feel like a horrible mother and gets her ostrasized even more - sometimes she looks like a dirty hippie from the '70s!

Think the matts are mostly because she wont let anyone else brush, and she doesn't brush well enough, due to the hyper sensitive scalp.

Her hair, when properly brushed out and clean -gorgeous! I'd french braid it for her daily if we could get and keep the matts out. Doc says get the hair up off the skin and the skin will improve too. Due to the sensitive scalp, she dislikes headbands - she says they hurt.
katym
Deatsville, AL
(Zone 8a)

July 6, 2008
4:36 PM

Post #5212433

Well, if her hair is that oily, I would not condition as I said earlier. Maybe just a shampoo daily to keep from being oily looking and try a detangler spray for the tangles. The main thing is to figure out what products work best for her hair and stay on top of it so that the tangles dont get so bad. I never had acne so I cant tell you something that worked for me there, but my SIL had acne pretty bad and she found that the proactive products worked great for her. Really cleared her face up. I think she orders them online.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 7, 2008
4:25 AM

Post #5215924

I asked my SIL, and she said she particularly recommends the L'Oreal Kids detangler spray.

What about getting her hair done in tiny braids? I don't know if she could stand getting it done... but that would take care of the brushing issue for weeks at a time. The other hairstyle I was going to suggest is dreads... but properly done, with advice from a good salon about how to do them. Badly done dreadlocks are, well, dreadful. But if she's already getting flak about her appearance, then I don't think a "far out" hairstyle is a good answer for her.

Have you seen a dermatologist about the hypersensitive scalp? That doesn't seem normal to me... at 4, a kid might whine about brushing hurting, but at 16 it shouldn't be that big a deal unless something is really wrong. Maybe there's a problem that needs to be addressed at the root, so to speak.
JRush
Guilford, CT
(Zone 6b)

July 7, 2008
8:15 AM

Post #5216257

The best product for knots is "Cowboy Magic" - It is a horse product, but the horsey folks figured out that the stuff really does work like...well, magic! It is silicon based, so the knots slide right out. It is amazing stuff, & I can't think of anything better for a young girl with unruly hair. Once that hair gets knotty, no one likes to yank a comb through it. Just rub some in & the mats loosen up. I found mine at a pet store/tack shop.
I did Accutane years ago. Never had a single zit again. EVER.
It sounds like your girl is going to go far in life. She has a lot to offer.. I know she probably won't realize this for some time, but she will know this eventually. And the best part is that the day you leave high school, all that crap disappears. There is none of that nonsense in college. I bet she blossoms then!
Julie
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 7, 2008
12:29 PM

Post #5216731

Well said, Julie... an older friend of mine used to say high school girls could be mean as snakes, but frankly I've never known snakes like that, LOL. There are an awful lot of really wonderful kids in high school, too, but sometimes it can be hard to hook up with the right ones when the wrong ones are shoving you off to a corner. I think Julie's right -- let her break away from high school and get to a place where smart is neat and different is cool... she's going to amaze you even more than she does now!

I think the L'Oreal detangler has silicone in it also... but I'd sure go with "Cowboy Magic" rather than a kids' product. I think I'll look for some of that myself... Thanks!
bonjon
Raleigh, NC

July 7, 2008
1:34 PM

Post #5216963

I'm going to look for those products. Sounds like they would help. The ones I've wasted money on so far havent helped a bit. My niece is into horses, maybe they know of a tack shop nearby.

JRush, what was Accutane? a cream ? a pill? never heard of it. I would just about kill to get this girl to show how lovely she truly is.

poor thing is about to get a rude awakening. I'm quitting my job (again) so I can stay with her. She's going to taking classes for the rest of the summer: Weeding 101, Watering 102, Excavation 103.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 7, 2008
11:14 PM

Post #5220145

:-)

UV is great for the complexion! Seriously, I can remember my dermatologist "back in the day" giving me UV light "treatments" at the end of my visit.

Anything that builds her confidence in any way is going to make her feel more lovely... it doesn't have to have anything to do with her physical appearance. Working with you in the garden, knowing that she is worthy of your time and that you value her contributions... that's all good. I hope you both have a wonderful rest of the summer together!
bonjon
Raleigh, NC

July 8, 2008
12:33 AM

Post #5220642

well, she adores animals. Before she discovered she has a bit of her dad's talent at programming, she was determined to be a biologist and teach other people about animals. She's tried for years to breed her hamsters - got a few babies, but the mama would always kill them before they opened their eyes - horrifying!

She has parakeets now, who produced eggs this spring. we have two babies that are almost half grown now. She says she's a "grandma." I'm so jealous - I crossed my irises first, and I"m still waiting for the seed pods to hatch! LOL

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2008
7:31 PM

Post #5225120

Bonjon, I'm so sorry your daughter has had it so rough. For the blackheads, buy a tube of face mask. Who can resist trying that? Maybe try Mane and Tail or Infusium shampoo. Give up the brush! Get a wide toothed comb! Will she go to the beauty shop? Maybe shaving some of the hair at the nape of her neck would help. I finally cut the straggly hair at my nape. It grew under my natural hairline. Now it's growing in thicker and healthier. I think it was pure split ends. Critter has a good idea. Kids detangling does work!!

It isn't your fault she doesn't feel fashion concious. I'm not a girly girl either. I imagine ignoring her appearance is to keep people at arms length if they only want to tease her. Is her hair greasy because of diet? Too many chips or fried food?

I went to school with a girl who had thick waist length hair and a real sensitive scalp. I still remember her yelling when someone was combing it for her... in high school :o) she was a junior!

Julie, well said! And so true!!

Bonjon, ROTFL over the home schooling!! She does sound like a unique person and school can be cruel to those who don't fit in. I never fit in. I hid in corners with low self esteem too. She's smart and yes, needs to build confidence. Pets are a good start and breeding birds is an accomplishment!!

bivbiv

bivbiv
Central FL, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 9, 2008
9:27 PM

Post #5231253

See if you can get your daughter to sit down and watch What Not to Wear. She'll see some really ugly ducklings turn into swans, and that might give her some incentive. She may say she doesn't care and isn't interested in her appearance, but I imagine you see that as a defense mechanism. I hope she emerges from this stage as a confident young woman; she has so many pluses on her side, too! Being a teenager seems to get more and more difficult in today's world.

Getting back to the TV show, WNTW, the other day I watched an episode with a young woman who had dreadlocks that hadn't been shampooed in ten years! Eeew! They cut them off, and they weighed almost two pounds. She ended up with a darling haircut.
andidandi
Arlington, VA

July 10, 2008
12:45 AM

Post #5232293

bonjon-
I don't have any answers, but I agree completely with Julie and the others. She sounds like someone who is succeeding on her own terms in spite of some obstacles in other areas. And I'd rather be in your position than be the parent of one of those girls I see at the mall who are allowed to dress like they are 30 and of questionable morals, to put it in polite terms.

What would happen if you gave her a gift certificate to spend at a clothing store or a salon and then walked away without telling her what to choose? Who chooses the clothes she wears now?

This message was edited Jul 9, 2008 8:47 PM
jlp222
Hammond, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 10, 2008
12:49 AM

Post #5232314

I bought some Pantene "Beautiful Lengths" Shampoo/Conditioner and really like it. Part of the proceeds go to the "Beautiful Lengths Campaign" to make real hair wigs for women who have lost their hair to cancer. Here is the website: http://www.beautifullengths.com/en_US/index_home.jsp
katym
Deatsville, AL
(Zone 8a)

July 10, 2008
1:09 AM

Post #5232419

Intresting site, jlp222. Only if they want people to grow their hair out and donate it, they shouldnt say to get it trimmed every 8 weeks. Seems too often to me. Especially if your hair grows slowly, you would just be cutting off all of the growth since last trim. Sorry, got carried away there. Good idea, though to donate! I have heard of something like that called locks of love, but I think I heard that those donations were only for children with cancer.
bonjon
Raleigh, NC

July 10, 2008
1:13 AM

Post #5232437

well, that's just it...I practically raised my first two alone, even when I was married to their dad!! They never had the relationship with their dad they would have liked. Married DH, he was 39, June 1st, the kids went to spend the whole summer with their dad. DH missed them so much we had one more child so he'd have one he didn't have to give away, on the agreement that he help raise her. He has been more of her mom than I have! They have a wonderful relationship. But I didn't think about her learning to become more geek-ish from her computer genius dad!

and neither daughter is going to learn girly girl from me!!!! Both girls are gentle hearts and gorgeous hair, and built the same ways. Just I want so much for her to not hurt so much.

This message was edited Jul 10, 2008 8:01 AM
bonjon
Raleigh, NC

July 10, 2008
1:15 AM

Post #5232451

I'd actually be charmed if DD would clean hers up, cut it off!
andidandi
Arlington, VA

July 10, 2008
1:49 AM

Post #5232707

How does she feel about the situation? Does she comment on it? Does she say that she wants to change her appearance?
JRush
Guilford, CT
(Zone 6b)

July 10, 2008
1:53 AM

Post #5232733

Accutane is an oral prescription drug that you get from a dermatologist. They usually start acne patients off with oral antibiotics, but if your daughter's skin is severe, they may go straight to Accutane. It is a high doseage of vitamin A. There was a lot of controversy about this drug, because it can cause horrible birth defects if taken during pregnancy. (Only while taking the drug) After 3 days of starting the drug, my skin dried up & I never got another zit. It is taken for about 3 months, if I remember correctly. Most celebrities do Accutane. There is nothing else that I know of that can totally obliterate acne. I did Accutane when I was 21, & my only regret is that I did not do it sooner!
Such a difficult time - School is such a small, cruel little world. I would not go back to my teenager years for a million dollars! But life is NOT like school - There is so much more out there. It just takes time to get through it - You will have to be one strong Mom for her~
Julie
bonjon
Raleigh, NC

July 10, 2008
12:04 PM

Post #5234319

thank you JRush

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2008
7:01 PM

Post #5236518

Bonjon, I wonder if maybe only Dad is going to have any power here. Maybe he could gently drop hints as to how he would like to see her hair stay clean. Maybe he could buy her a special shampoo for his special girl? He sounds like a very loving Dad. How wonderful!

When I read all your posts together I almost get the idea that because of the situation, she uses that to ''show'' she's different and doesn't care. If everyone makes fun of her anyway, she'll chose what they can make fun of.

It's so sad to see a bright young person picked on till they feel like they are the only one in school no one likes.
bonjon
Raleigh, NC

July 11, 2008
12:15 AM

Post #5238091

yup, dad and bib sister have the power - but mom has to find the information for them! LOL
cjolene
Emporia, KS
(Zone 5b)

July 11, 2008
3:15 AM

Post #5239140

I had a dr prescribe BenzaClinz for acne... I didn't break out much in jr high or high school- but I've had troubles since I was 21 when I moved to the Midwest from a desert climate. Developed allergies, too. Never had that before.

BenzaClinz works well but it's another one you're not supposed to take if you're pregnant. I got pregnant while I was using this and didn't realize I was pregnant until I was already 3 months along (oops...) so for 3 months, I was using this while pregnant. Child has no side effects. Maybe he's lucky, though... I don't know.
JRush
Guilford, CT
(Zone 6b)

July 11, 2008
3:30 AM

Post #5239221

Accutane causes awful side effects - The kinds where the infant doesn't even survive. I had to sign a form stating I would terminate if I became pregnant while taking it. This dermatologist made all of his female patients sign this form. I think it was so controversial because it was also new back then. Now all of the celebrities do Accutane like they're popping a tic-tac. But the side effects are only while you are taking the drug - It is not known to have any long term side effects, except for never having another zit!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 29, 2008
12:48 AM

Post #5335125

Just checking in to see what's new.
JRush
Guilford, CT
(Zone 6b)

September 5, 2008
1:18 AM

Post #5509539

I can never find a way to keep my hair from getting knotted at nighttime. I have tried the "whirl-a-twirl", the hairdini, plus a couple other contraptions from Claire's. The one I like best is a wire loop covered in velour, with a hole in the center. You pull a ponytail through the hole, slide it all the way to the ends of your hair, then roll the hair around it to make a bun. In the morning, I take it out & I have these lovely, smooth big curls. But the wire breaks after a while, after all that bending time after time. They are priced about $12 in the store. I finally found a seller on eBay that hand makes them, & sells them in lots of 5 for about $30. They are much sturdier than the store bought ones, & you get to choose the colors. They advertise them for use as bun rollers, but with long hair it gets too large, & it kind of resembles a large donut stuck to your head. Maybe it looks better with shorter hair. But I LOVE to use it at night - It works perfectly!
Perhaps someone else will find them useful too - I am very pleased with them.
Julie

Here is the eBay link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Roll-A-Bun-EZ-Hair-Bun-Twist-A-Bun-Lea-Buns-Twisters_W0QQitemZ220277094247QQihZ012QQcategoryZ82591QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 5, 2008
1:30 AM

Post #5509620

I appreciate the link, since my "hairdini" self-destructed a while back. I put my hair in a single braid at night, and that works well for me, even leaves a little bit of wave in my very straight hair (some days, anyway). I can't imagine trying to sleep with a "large donut stuck to [my] head" LOL...
bonjon
Raleigh, NC

September 6, 2008
2:27 AM

Post #5514220

JRush, now that sounds simple enough for daughter to do.

she's been better this year, more positive and happy, so far. school only in session for one week. but she's thinking positive. her parakeets had babies over the summer - it's been fun to watch them. I took irises to market, and she thoroughly enjoyed helping me sell them. She's asked to help weed them for $$ - heck yeah!
cjolene
Emporia, KS
(Zone 5b)

September 6, 2008
4:23 AM

Post #5514623

They look cool... I wish the photos would enlarge even more so I could see them better, though. Or perhaps used blonde haired person with a black EZ-Hair Bun or vice versa. You know?

I put my hair in a braid at night. I used to do ponytails but the pressure of it against my head kept giving me headaches. So a braid works just right for me. But I perhaps don't get the nice curls like the EZ-Hair Bun thingy gives you. lol ; )

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 8, 2008
6:55 PM

Post #5525275

Bonjon, I'm so glad! I've been thinking about her, hoping things would look up!!

I feel pretty lucky to not have to tie my hair up. Mine looks better slept on than it does freshly washed.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beauty and Fashion Tips Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
mascara doghouse 22 Apr 10, 2009 1:15 AM
What base foundation do you use? konkreteblond 38 Jul 11, 2008 5:18 PM
Fine hair, help please! IO1 89 Dec 12, 2010 5:00 AM
Not meant to be ? renwings 34 May 13, 2009 10:08 PM
imitation diamond anastatia 12 Jan 8, 2009 7:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America