Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays!: Good article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays!Replies: 2, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
nap
Buffalo, NY
(Zone 6a)

December 7, 2007
2:21 AM

Post #4269806

Loved reading all about cardamom. Yes, I've tasted it before, but not in anything as good looking as that sweet bread. I may have to see if I can make that someday. Wait...I have a better idea...YOU make it, and invite me over!

Good job, Jan.
Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 7, 2007
5:28 AM

Post #4270353

Good article, Jan. Lots of information and good recipes. It's a pretty plant too. I've never seen a picture of it before.

I want to come over with Nap for some of that bread. My grandmother made a sweet bread that looked just like that and probably was the same thing. She always used cardamom in her baked goods, and Russia's not that far from Finland.
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

December 7, 2007
3:44 PM

Post #4271242

It felt good to have my hands in dough. I have a bread machine and haven't kneaded anything in a long time. I'm thinking about trying this out in the machine on the dough cycle. We'd probably have it more often. and you have to eat it fast, darn it, or it gets stale ;0)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
enjoyed your article wind 38 Dec 20, 2007 3:17 PM
Cardamom northgrass 8 Nov 30, 2009 10:56 PM
Not Christmas without Cardamom soapwort243 0 Dec 6, 2007 10:02 PM
Great article & fabulous photos! tabasco 0 Dec 7, 2007 1:06 AM
Very interesting and informative article DonnieBrook 2 Dec 8, 2007 10:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America