Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: The Flowers of the Season: Christmas Catcus

Communities > Forums > Article: The Flowers of the Season
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Flowers of the SeasonReplies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
soapwort243
South Milwaukee, WI

December 8, 2007
12:08 AM

Post #4272743

Mitch, Thank you for your great article and lovely pictures !!! I was given a Christmas catcus this spring. It was a clipping which rooted in water -(2 or 3 sections) and planted in cactus soil. It has grown and split and the longest branch has about 7 sections. I was hoping it would bloom soon. It is very healthy looking. Your article said it is by temperature, not length of daylight that it blooms. Does it only bloom once a year? Could mine bloom soon? Any idea? Well, thanks again
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2007
2:35 AM

Post #4273152

It needs to get a little cool to bloom - let it get in the 40s by a cold window and it will bloom.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Flowers of the Season Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
So interesting and loved the photos CapeCodGardener 3 Dec 17, 2007 5:04 AM
Flower identification wildwolf 7 Jan 9, 2008 1:16 PM
Some notes on the plants JaxFlaGardener 1 Dec 18, 2007 1:14 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America