Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Seed Snatchin': The Art and Sport of Collecting Seeds: Collecting Seeds

Communities > Forums > Article: Seed Snatchin': The Art and Sport of Collecting Seeds
bookmark
Forum: Article: Seed Snatchin': The Art and Sport of Collecting SeedsReplies: 2, Views: 70
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Noturf
Marquesas Islands
Polynesia (French)

December 10, 2007
9:26 PM

Post #4281500

Bored to death with the limited plant selection in most nurseries in Puerto Rico, some time ago I started collecting seeds of anything that may be interesting in my terrace garden. During my walks around the city,
I observe carefully, vines, bushes, plants that grow wild, often in abandoned spaces, in which they self seed. I do not care about their identification anymore. What is relevant is their flower, leave texture, size and drought, sun, marine breeze tolerance. Collecting seeds as you have written is one of my favorite aspects of practicing serious horticulture. Thanks for sharing it.
lindagsmith
Covington, IN

November 2, 2009
3:04 PM

Post #7233319

very interesting article, I collect seeds wherever I go.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 2, 2009
4:03 PM

Post #7233520

I'm glad you enjoyed the article!

I just got back from a weekend trip... discovered seeds in my purse pocket as I was packing... I think they're Gaillardia, collected last fall. LOL

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Seed Snatchin': The Art and Sport of Collecting Seeds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Too true and it is great fun... podster 26 Jul 31, 2008 3:24 AM
loving this Dutchlady1 0 Nov 30, 2007 7:41 PM
seed snatchin' lobelialady 2 Mar 30, 2009 2:43 PM
Brings back memories! plantladylin 5 Nov 4, 2009 9:32 PM
Flower seeds Mamad2 1 Dec 3, 2007 3:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America