Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays!: Thanks so much!

Communities > Forums > Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays!Replies: 4, Views: 8
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2007
1:56 AM

Post #4282273

Jan, I just re-read your article about Cardamom. I've heard Connie talk about it many times, but don't think I've ever used it myself.

At the end of the article you posted several links to other forums, including cooking and recipe forums. You also included the Holiday and Special Event forum, which I didn't realize even existed. I've had a whole lot of fun checking out that forum. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. The timing for the holidays is wonderful and I've added it to my favorites! :-)

Janet
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

December 11, 2007
2:45 AM

Post #4282503

Janet, I'm not surprised that you haven't had the time to discover all the forums that are available. You seem to pop up everywhere, and you know that the step-by-step that you and Connie did on your copper sculpture for balvenie is one of my all-time favorite threads. I should go back and spend some time in Holiday and Special Events myself.

Nice to hear from you!

jan
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2007
3:23 AM

Post #4282643

Thanks so much Jan. That was one of my favorite threads also. So much so that I created a slide show from the thread on our new phanfare site. A big piece of both mine and Connie's hearts went into creating Penelope. I removed all of the "chatting" from the creation, leaving just the making of the sculpture in a nice slide show that can be viewed chronologically without having to open up each photo. Here is a link to the show in case you are interested. http://uniquetreasures.phanfare.com/album/478194 Because it was such a huge thread, I broke it into 5 segments, but if you click on Day 1, it continues without having to do anything on your part.

I am going to have to get some cardamom and try out some of those delicious recipes you posted.

Janet
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

December 11, 2007
12:22 PM

Post #4283517

Janet, thanks so much for the link! it was so much fun to live thru Penelope's creation again :0) I had forgotten some of the little details, and the photos are sooo good. You two girls have got THE talent for sure! When you are doing interviews with artists about garden art, don't forget yourself and Connie.

you can find lots of cardamom recipes by googling...that's what I did. I just picked one I thought I could handle LOL I'm definitely going to try some more.
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2007
12:39 PM

Post #4283551

Google is definitely our friend! 8^} How did we ever get along in this world before Google???

Jan, there are so many incredibly talented artists that populate this site and I've found several willing participants for articles on some really great garden art. We're collaborating now, but I really don't expect to have any of them completed until after the first of the year. There's too much hustle and bustle already going on for all of us to worry about that at the moment. It's going to be a lot of fun working on these articles.

I do plan on including Connie and myself in one of the articles. We've already created plenty of projects ourselves, so we've got the material to work with. But I don't want us to be the first.

Janet

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
enjoyed your article wind 38 Dec 20, 2007 3:17 PM
Cardamom northgrass 8 Nov 30, 2009 10:56 PM
Not Christmas without Cardamom soapwort243 0 Dec 6, 2007 10:02 PM
Great article & fabulous photos! tabasco 0 Dec 7, 2007 1:06 AM
Good article! nap 2 Dec 7, 2007 3:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America