-
AuthorContent
pamsaplantin
Morgantown, WV
(Zone 6a)

December 11, 2007
6:03 AM

Post #4283213

Baked the filled cookies last night. Froze them this morning or there wouldn't be any left for Xmas. I absolutely love the cran-raisin filling. I used orange juice instead of water just 'cuz that sounded good to me. The filling is so good I'm thinking of other recipes to use it with. The chocolate filling is good, too, but I love craisins & pecans even more than chocolate. My cookies didn't look as pretty as yours in the pic above but I guess you have experience in your favor. I was impressed with how well the dough handled. I rolled it out on floured parchment paper & then used that to wrap the log in to refrigerate. I'm planning to make more dough to use for sugar cookies. It should be quite easy to cut out. Thanks for the great recipe!
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

December 11, 2007
1:06 PM

Post #4283623

Your welcome. Mine don't always look that good - sometimes I get impatient and spread the filling on before it's really cooled These originally came with a date filling, so I probably should have listed them as "Filled Ice Box Cookies from Aunt Hester Dean, Kathleen's variations." If you like dates (we do, but are allergic to them - bummer) just substitute dates for cran-raisons.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cookie Night Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cookie Night AYankeeCat 3 Dec 9, 2007 12:15 PM
Cookie Night! grammyphoeb 19 Dec 17, 2007 5:46 AM
Great article! Dea 2 Dec 9, 2007 12:11 PM
Traditions are a wonderful gift! gessiegail 3 Dec 6, 2011 6:37 AM
cookie night daphnep 25 Dec 18, 2009 10:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America