We will be rolling out several small fixes mid-day today (Jan 29.) We do not anticipate any disruptions or problems, but f you spot any unexpected issues after 12 noon (PST), please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.
Thanks for the great information. Good to know that while we should be aware of the possibilities with these plants, I'm not completely barred from having them in my home as long as I'm attentive. Especially the poinsettias!
I do have an Amaryllis which my cat was chewing on. It showed up as a poisonous plant, but said it would only cause vomiting or diarrhea, so I decided to give it a try. I squirted the kitty with a water bottle when I caught her chewing on it and I don't think she's done it since. I haven't noticed any distress from her but am watching closing and checking the plant for signs of chewing.
Anyway, one of the things they never tell you on those "toxicity lists" is that a certain amount would have to be ingested before symptoms would be noticed. Consequently, we all think "one little chew and they're a goner!" Glad to hear that's not really the case. Thanks!