Photo by Melody

Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!: Adding Cranberries to my grocery list!

Communities > Forums > Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!Replies: 6, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rcn48
Lexington, VA
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2007
9:50 AM

Post #4296490

Fun and interesting article! Used to do a lot of cooking with cranberries but it's been awhile. After reading your article I think I might have to make a few of those mini loaves of cranberry bread and give them as gifts for Christmas. Thanks for the idea :)

Debbie

carrielamont

carrielamont
Euless, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 15, 2007
2:18 PM

Post #4296854

Good luck, Debbie! You can wrap them in colored cellophane and tie them with a ribbon - they'll be gorgeous! x, Carrie
judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN
(Zone 7b)

December 15, 2007
6:29 PM

Post #4297641

Wonderful informative article!!

Judy
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

December 16, 2007
5:07 AM

Post #4299545

Carrie, I really enjoyed your article. My family has been eating fresh cranberry sauce for years and years...its always the first thing I make for Thanksgiving dinner, so that it has time to cool to room temperature. My girls grew up watching the cranberries "pop", and now my granddaughter gets to share in that part of the Thanksgiving tradition. Also love them in lots of baking recipes and a wonderful Cranberry/cream cheese pull-apart for Christmas morning. Yummy and pretty - just the thing for opening presents with!

Thanks for sharing the joys of a wonderful berry!

Yokwe,
Shari

carrielamont

carrielamont
Euless, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 16, 2007
3:21 PM

Post #4300252

Shari, I was just this minute wondering about you, deprived of cranberries in the South Pacific! And do tell us about your cranberry cream cheese pull-apart, please. When I used to make cran-orange-walnut bread constantly (with my new food processor and NO children) I would always serve it with cream cheese. Isn't it funny how flavors get soldered together in our brains? x, C
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

December 17, 2007
12:59 AM

Post #4301938

Not deprived...we get them frozen in the same plastic bags that grocery stores back home get them. Cranberry pull aparts: Use the Rhodes (or other brand) of little frozen bread rolls. let them thaw and poke a hole in the middle of each, push some dried cranberries into the hole, then layer them in a bundt pan with cinnamon sugar between the layers. Let rise. Meanwhile mix dried cranberries, a bit of orange juice and cranberry juice with cream cheese to make a glaze consistancy. When the rolls have doubled in size bake for about 15 minutes or until golden at 300. When they are done glaze the whole shebang with the cream cheese mixture, and set some aside for dipping. Yummyy and messy!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Euless, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 17, 2007
1:24 AM

Post #4302021

Thanks for the recipe Shari!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
No more round slices ... GreenAtHeart 23 Nov 25, 2009 11:58 PM
Hey phicks 26 Dec 16, 2007 11:28 PM
Cranberry relish - year around birder17 13 Nov 25, 2009 12:58 AM
We LOVE Cranberries all year 'round! Aunt_A 3 Mar 23, 2008 7:59 PM
I must try this, one day! NEILMUIR1 1 Nov 24, 2009 12:16 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America