Photo by Melody

Article: The Ultimate in Garden Art: The Chihuly Exhibit at Phipps Conservatory: Glass art

Communities > Forums > Article: The Ultimate in Garden Art: The Chihuly Exhibit at Phipps Conservatory
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Ultimate in Garden Art: The Chihuly Exhibit at Phipps ConservatoryReplies: 3, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
surfcat
Broadlands, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 18, 2007
5:29 AM

Post #4306006

Really enjoyed the pics and video. Thanks.
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

February 12, 2008
12:15 PM

Post #4527469

Morning Jill!
Hey, thanks to your article, hubby and I are headed for Phipps on Saturday! I'm so excited to see Chihuly's work again (he doesn't get to Pondunkville much. LOL).

I did read on the website that photography for commercial purposes is restricted. Did you have to pay the fee to get and use those gorgeous pictures? I'm frothing at the mouth to wear out my camera on Saturday, but want to be able to include some of the shots in my portfolio.

How much do they charge to let you use them?

Hope this darn snow doesn't mess up our plans.

Toni

This message was edited Feb 12, 2008 7:53 AM
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

February 12, 2008
3:32 PM

Post #4528073

Toni, as far as I could discover, that restriction didn't apply to photos taken to accompany a newspaper or magazine article. You'll have to call and ask. It may be as simple as the idea that they charge a fee if your photography requires elaborate tripods etc. that can be an inconvenience (I think they allow but charge a fee for wedding portrait photography, although I might have them confused with another place).

I'm glad you're going!
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

February 12, 2008
9:50 PM

Post #4529589

I thought the information on the photography was a little vague. Emailed, but received no response.

I'm excited! Ordered our tickets and I'm gonna have a day away from the teepee. :o)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Ultimate in Garden Art: The Chihuly Exhibit at Phipps Conservatory Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
chihuly Dutchlady1 45 Jan 1, 2013 12:24 PM
Breathtaking! roxxanne 5 Dec 31, 2012 4:18 PM
Beautifull Glass art in the garden . Blucile 3 Sep 3, 2010 9:47 AM
How beautiful! NanuBunny 1 Aug 30, 2010 1:51 PM
Mardi Gras colors... Gymgirl 5 Aug 31, 2010 7:58 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America