Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Growing Roses from A-Z (Part I): Good article

Communities > Forums > Article: Growing Roses from A-Z (Part I)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Growing Roses from A-Z (Part I)Replies: 7, Views: 60
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2007
5:57 AM

Post #4315748

Excellent presentation of a complex subject in a made very understandable and very easy to read. Thank you :)
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2007
7:41 AM

Post #4315853

Thank you so much. You may have helped me identify the rose bush which was here when we bought our house. I love it and must move soon. So now I think I know what to look for. Can't wait to read more of the article.
chris_lcf530
Peachtree City, GA
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2007
11:35 AM

Post #4315983

Excellent, the basics that I have been searching for all wrapped up into 1 article. Makes me want to go out and buy another rose bush. Looking forward to next article.
Debbie2007
Port Vincent, LA
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2007
5:54 PM

Post #4316862

Thankyou so much for this article and the ones to follow. I am a new gardener and have just begun to plant roses. This is very needed info for me. Thanks again.

Debbie
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2007
8:16 PM

Post #4317294

Many years ago I tried to grow roses, and failed miserably, except for 2 polyanthas. Your article makes me want to try just one more time.
Thank you.
Sharon
soapwort243
South Milwaukee, WI

December 21, 2007
10:28 PM

Post #4317593

I really liked your article and I'm looking forward to the up coming ones. I need all the tips I can get. I have never had luck with roses, in the past. I had quite a few beautiful yellow ground cover roses and the next year I think they got mildew or black spot. They started to grow, then died. Last year I decided to try again and planted Rugosa shrub roses and they seem to be doing well. Also, I planted Bonica and Carefree Delight Shrubs and they seem to have gotten a slow start, but are okay, I'll see in spring. Thanks for the great article -(and upcoming articles.)
Seandor
Springfield, MA
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2007
11:18 PM

Post #4317754

This was my first year growing roses - so I really appreciate an expert sharing knowledge with us. Thank you so much.
McGlory
Southeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

December 22, 2007
1:46 AM

Post #4318101

I found all the information you provided before buying and planting my first roses this year, but I wish it had been all together and easy to find like your article. Since it is my first winter with roses, so I am anxious to read your next articles. Great job, Paul, as usual.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Growing Roses from A-Z (Part I) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
your new series of articles loubarr 2 Dec 25, 2007 12:28 AM
Growing Roses A - Z t1turner 2 Dec 25, 2007 4:50 AM
high society and social climber (JP) psull 2 Dec 25, 2007 1:10 AM
Ash from Zaca Fire fertilizing Roses tallflower 4 Jan 4, 2008 5:24 AM
knock out roses schyberg 0 Dec 25, 2007 5:03 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America