Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Growing Roses from A-Z (Part I): Good article

Communities > Forums > Article: Growing Roses from A-Z (Part I)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Growing Roses from A-Z (Part I)Replies: 7, Views: 60
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2007
5:57 AM

Post #4315748

Excellent presentation of a complex subject in a made very understandable and very easy to read. Thank you :)
pupilpropogtr
Birmingham, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2007
7:41 AM

Post #4315853

Thank you so much. You may have helped me identify the rose bush which was here when we bought our house. I love it and must move soon. So now I think I know what to look for. Can't wait to read more of the article.
chris_lcf530
Peachtree City, GA
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2007
11:35 AM

Post #4315983

Excellent, the basics that I have been searching for all wrapped up into 1 article. Makes me want to go out and buy another rose bush. Looking forward to next article.
Debbie2007
Port Vincent, LA
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2007
5:54 PM

Post #4316862

Thankyou so much for this article and the ones to follow. I am a new gardener and have just begun to plant roses. This is very needed info for me. Thanks again.

Debbie
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2007
8:16 PM

Post #4317294

Many years ago I tried to grow roses, and failed miserably, except for 2 polyanthas. Your article makes me want to try just one more time.
Thank you.
Sharon
soapwort243
South Milwaukee, WI

December 21, 2007
10:28 PM

Post #4317593

I really liked your article and I'm looking forward to the up coming ones. I need all the tips I can get. I have never had luck with roses, in the past. I had quite a few beautiful yellow ground cover roses and the next year I think they got mildew or black spot. They started to grow, then died. Last year I decided to try again and planted Rugosa shrub roses and they seem to be doing well. Also, I planted Bonica and Carefree Delight Shrubs and they seem to have gotten a slow start, but are okay, I'll see in spring. Thanks for the great article -(and upcoming articles.)
Seandor
Springfield, MA
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2007
11:18 PM

Post #4317754

This was my first year growing roses - so I really appreciate an expert sharing knowledge with us. Thank you so much.
McGlory
Southeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

December 22, 2007
1:46 AM

Post #4318101

I found all the information you provided before buying and planting my first roses this year, but I wish it had been all together and easy to find like your article. Since it is my first winter with roses, so I am anxious to read your next articles. Great job, Paul, as usual.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Growing Roses from A-Z (Part I) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
your new series of articles loubarr 2 Dec 25, 2007 12:28 AM
Growing Roses A - Z t1turner 2 Dec 25, 2007 4:50 AM
high society and social climber (JP) psull 2 Dec 25, 2007 1:10 AM
Ash from Zaca Fire fertilizing Roses tallflower 4 Jan 4, 2008 5:24 AM
knock out roses schyberg 0 Dec 25, 2007 5:03 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America