The FLOWERPOT Cafe' IV - Join us for a cup of Flowers!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Well, it seems that the winter has brought new friends into the warmth of the Flowerpot Cafe'. So glad to see the many new faces. So pull up a chair, order a cuppa of your favorite libation and let us continue to learn, share, and most importantly, make new friends.

This is a wonderful cafe' where novice and experts alike can show their works, provide floral concoctions, and have a fun and relaxing time.

Hope you continue to help decorate this wonderful shop.

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/789341/

Thumbnail by pupilpropogtr
Calvert City, KY(Zone 7a)

Pupil, you sure are up late!!!

london England, United Kingdom

Hi Sharran , we are open 24hrs a day!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Sharran, and you???

Calvert City, KY(Zone 7a)

Well yes, of course I am up........can't unwind.

But now to bed....where you should also be. Can't keep my eyes open any longer!
Nite, now.

This message was edited Dec 22, 2007 3:09 AM

YES Traci , go to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tut tut

Welcome to the Flowerpot cafe !

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

LOL. Shar, bad one today. REALLY bad. I'll ring you later and let you know about it. Good night. I am going to go to bed in a couple of hours and sleep the day away.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Well, I figured we needed something a little girly and sweet to drink, so I brought a TEAPOT of this in. I'll bring out the sugar and cream later and I made some goodies.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

My Little Pony teapot!! How cute!

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

LOL, thanks. Terri has been complaining about teapots, so I took Teensy's from her room.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Traci, how precious. Morning everyone.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Morning. I was going to to the cream, sugar, cup and saucer and plate of food, but I am too tired. Think I am going to catch some zzzz's

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Morning All,
My daughters use to love My Little Pony as well.
I'm going into the city now to buy stuff. I don't know where I'm going to be able to work and store my supplies, since I live in a 2 bedroom apartment with 4 other people. And now I have to buy teapots as well. LOL.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Get a child's set like Teensy's. lol. Did I tell you I found a glue gun very valuable and cheap. Check out the toolbox thread on here before you go. Terri has lots more that I don't. Oh, ribbon, to hide all those little mistakes.

Teensy plays with My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake. Two of my fav's growing up.

Oh, let me introduce you to Teensy (not her real name. lol. People ask me all the time).

Karma has a darlin little boy too.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Love this picture of Teensy!

Diggerette, you're going into New York City? Lucky you, or too bad?

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I LOVE NEW YORK. I have only been able to visit twice, both times for a day and a half. I need a month there.

Yea Karma, it is one of my favs. I get her TOMORROW!!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

I spent three days there, but had a bad case of the flu, stayed in Newark, took the subway, toured Manhattan on foot, in the middle of January. . .

Oh wait, one more thing. . .lost all the pictures from our trip in Katrina.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Katrina. Trip in Katrina? ls this a country or something to do with the hurricane?

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

You mean you never heard of Katrina Isles? That was New Orleans for a few weeks after the big huricane.

No, we did not vacation in Katrina. We lost all the pics from our trip to New york. Hurricane Katrina destroyed the pictures.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Too funny. Though you were going to a trip to some place named Katrina and lost the pics in New York.

Me in the big city. The bar where the Sopranos hung out.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Just your average street corner. Turns out one was from a town 20 miles from me.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

You said no pushing, no shoving in line, and I didn't. Thank you for making a new thread. I been silently slipping under the door cracks through the cafe for quite awhile, stopping and sniffing the flowers and checking out the new arrangements, which have been gorgeous folks. I do have one complaint though. I find teapots all over the place, but haven't foudn a place to refill my cup of coffee. Getting hard to sneak and out to get refills for my cup especially since it cold outside.

Just wanted to let ya all know that there is another flower nut out here in the cyber florist cafe that enjoying your shop.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Hey starlight. Glad you spoke up. Yes, they can get a little rowdy in here. Karma protested the last change and what a sad sight she became.

This is a fun thread as we get to play with FLOWERS!! If you have been slipping under the door cracks, then you know I am the newbie. Karma and Terri are the professionals. Sooo, since your hear, wanna play. It is lots of fun, a little frustrating, but very entertaining. Have you ever done arrangements before?

I'll find you some coffee. Terri doesn't like tea either. The first one is on the house.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I also brought in some Camilla tea. Feel free to have some. Just leave the money on the counter. I have to run for a bit.

WAIT, I know you. You are on Carol's site aren't you? Also, Seale, AL. Where is this located? Near the coast? Yea, another bamian. Of course I am really an Auburnian.

Which one do ya'll think. At first I didn't like this one....

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

So I did this one. But....

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

When these two are together, I don't think they look as good.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I liked these together better. Come on, hit me with your best shot!!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the cup of coffee. I feel refreshed. I am a little over an hour from Auburn ( War Eagle! ) over by Phenix City/ Columbus Ga.

A couple of years ago I took the flower arranging clas s at Auburn. I enjoyed the listening and looking at arrangements. I afraid I had the most pathetic looking arrangements. Was just lucky that the teacher never graded on talent. Some of my attempts were pretty pathetic looking. I just don't have that creative eye when it comes to making arrangements. I just love seeing the talent here and the creativity. Love looking at seeing all the pretties. Feels like your walking through a florist shop here. : )

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Good Morning Everyone,
Yesterday, my sister and I went to the manhattan floral district (crazy crowded) and took a bus to my sister's house in N.J. to create our first floral designs.
I made this arrangement.
This one was inspired by the design Contemporary Christmas (located on the last thread).
Please critique.

This message was edited Dec 23, 2007 12:33 PM

Thumbnail by diggerette
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi Karma, I Iove Manhattan also. I live in Brooklyn so it's just a train ride away.
I would love to visit New Orleans and eat my first muffaletta. I'm sorry you lost your pictures of N.Y. in Katrina.

Hi Terri, My sister was inspired by your designs and made the ones on either side.
Adele

This message was edited Dec 23, 2007 12:10 PM

Thumbnail by diggerette

Welcome Starlight, Thankyou for joining us! No need to sneek out with your coffee cup anymore.
We don't consider ANY arrangements 'pathetic' here. We have fun, crazy ideas sometimes (my little pony)
but all our acceptable and enjoyed! The fun is in the 'making' process, not really how perfect it turns out!!!
We will be starting on a serious course soon, but even then, some of us don't have to stick to the rules!

Traci, Great idea using the little pony teapot.Thanks for the fun 'set'. Lovely flowers and your finishing touches are brilliant.

Hi Adele & Sis,! WOW, Love your contemporary, it's beautiful! Nice idea to use the wickerbasket and honesty. Well done, it's really good. (very neat) and you got great materials. Thanks for bringing these to the cafe.

I hope your Sister is going to join us too! I like her style, love the jug and ornamental gourds? Is that a huge vanilla milkshake for me? THANKYOU so much!

Karma, Hello dear! Lovely to see you. Isn't it a great christmas present for our flowerpot cafe to have new friends join us? I did last minute shop and found some fresh roses !
Merry Christmas EVERYONE! I will show you my new vases or containers (if I get any for Christmas)!!!

Thumbnail by terriculture
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Terri, I'm so glad you like them. That means a lot to me and my sister. We had so much fun making them.
I love the combination of pine and roses.It's fantastic.

Terri,Karma,
I'm ready for my next project. Starlight, Traci and all others,are you ready too?

Pupil,
I would like some tea,straight up,please.

Adele

Thumbnail by diggerette

What a lovely 'group' display, they all look great together. I haven't done mine and you are already thinking about the next one!!!
Nice selection of flowers, do you have any more or will you re-use some of these for your next project?
It would be a shame to take apart the Christmas one!
I have presents to wrap and a house that is a mess with flower stuff everywhere, that I need to tidy up!
If you want to make one of the other Christmas arrangements and need the instructions, just let me know which one. I really like your jug with the yellow Chysanths too. I spied a cocktail, save that for Traci!

Please don't worry if people don't pop in over the next few days, I know some will be away for Christmas.
We will be back!!!!!

We are always looking for tea or coffee pot arrangements for this cafe!! Karma makes a lovely oriental brew, with the most beautiful teapot.Unfortuneately it only comes out for 'special occasions'
I found these glitter sprayed tulips, see Traci, you are 'cutting edge' and 'Ultra trendy' !!!!!!!

I also found a tropical bunch for 50p, everything was going cheap! I love this tiny pinapple it's so cute!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi Adele! Your contemporary piece is awesome. I'm so happy you are joining us. We need someone who can keep up with Terri. Love your energy. . .it's as great as Traci's. I'm afraid you all will be leaving me behind very soon. Don't worry, I will try to catch up. Keep up the good work. P.S. I love your bathroom sink.

Terri, love your pineapple arrangement. The assorted foliage is great.

Hi Starlight, glad you dropped by!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Karma, Thank you for your kind words. I feel so fortunate to have met all of you. Everybody has great energy and is so friendly and helpful.

Terri, I also love your pineapple lily design. Do you write "the recipe" after you make an arrangement?

Today I went foraging at my kayak club's ground for material. I gathered dogwood sticks. They're a pretty red.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I don't have any flowers in the yard, but I was able to take a picture of the one picture of an arrangement I made, so I offer this to all of you with wishes of a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. May you have a day filled with love, peace, friendship, warmth and happiness

Thumbnail by starlight1153
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Starlight, Your piece is beautiful and graceful.
Happy Holidays!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Starlight, thanks for the holiday wishes. A belated Merry Christmas to you and everyone else. . .and a Happy New Year! Your arrangement is lovely. I like the way you have the seeded eucalyptus cascading out of the basket (?). Is that a basket with a handle or is that a branch of something that you curved over? Nice touch if it were the latter. Thanks for sharing. Did you say pathetic? I DON'T think so!

Good morning everyone! I can't believe Christmas is over. What's everyone doing today? Returns or more shopping? I'm staying at home today and doing lots of laundry and cleaning. I've neglected my plants for 2 weeks now. . . I hope they are still alive. I bought a bulb kit with amaryllis and paperwhites about a week ago that is coming up right now. Something to look forward to now that Christmas is over. I'm going to start a new thread on wedding flowers if anyone is interested in joining me over there. Will come back here with a link. Well, thanks for the coffee. . .I have work to do.

Here's the link. Please take a look! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/799557/

This message was edited Dec 26, 2007 8:09 AM

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I made that arrangement when I took the floral arranging class. Been carrying the pic for a year. Was the only thing that I made that looked worthy of even taking a pic and saving and it isn't even what it looks like.

Funny you mention wedding flowers Karma cuz that what it was supposed to have been. Pity a poor bride if she ever got one of my arrangements. LOL We was given a few flowers and one of them foamy things with the handles ( don't know what they called) and told to make a wedding bouquet out of it. When ya had to hold it by the handle thingy all the eucalyptus stuf f hung down and there was holes all aroudn the bottom of the foliage to the flowers. The whole thing was lopsided and out of balance think that the term for stuf f moving smoothly or a pattern.

I had books to carry and my seed gathering bag that day and didn't have enough arms so put it in a basket that was sittign in the room to carry home. That the basket handles. I not that creative to make one from sticks.

yep, holiday over here for the most part. tryign to catch up on tons of laundry and find my kithen table to I can more seed started. Then it will be time to tackle the dishes. ; (

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.