Photo by Melody

Article: The Christmas Apples: Thank you for sharing!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Christmas Apples
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Christmas ApplesReplies: 2, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

December 25, 2007
12:54 PM

Post #4325825

What a wonderful story, thank you so much for sharing. I fondly remember many of my Grandfather's stories, he died when I was only 8, but I use to coax stories from my Mother and Aunts about their life on a farm on the Nebraska prairie. I did take the time to write them down and have preserved them for our family. I also taped my husband's Grandmother's many stories of growing up in "town" in the same little Nebraska town and her experience throughout her life. I regret I never knew my other Grandparents, but you do the best you can with what you have to work with. One of my projects this year is to start recording my husband and my life experiences. We're pretty ordinary people, but I would like to think there are "high" points that will be of interest to our future family members! Blessing of the day to you and yours.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2007
4:03 PM

Post #4326080

Ahhhhhhhh, Jeremy. What a story, and what a legacy you were given. I too grew up in the Appalachian mountains of eastern KY very near the WVa line, so I know of what you speak.
Thank you for the warm memories and for sharing your close to the heart tribute to your family. Again...what a story!
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2007
9:17 PM

Post #4326548

This was a superb read - WOW - thanks Jeremy!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Christmas Apples Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful story! KyWoods 10 Dec 27, 2007 12:55 AM
Southern Traditions gloria125 1 Dec 26, 2007 2:24 PM
Absolutely , LOVED CSMMaMaw 3 Dec 29, 2007 1:22 AM
Christmas story selrodjx 1 Dec 29, 2007 1:17 AM
Thank You! VGMKY 3 Dec 31, 2007 4:24 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America