Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Will the Real Christmas Cactus Please Stand Up: I have one older

Communities > Forums > Article: Will the Real Christmas Cactus Please Stand Up
bookmark
Forum: Article: Will the Real Christmas Cactus Please Stand UpReplies: 3, Views: 103
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
DaBenDan
Vancouver
Canada

December 25, 2007
11:18 PM

Post #4326734

I have a Christmas Cactus that I have had for 59 years..before that it was my grandmother's..it gets no sun and no special care..but it does bloom twice each year (as do my more modern ones) ..they are in a north window...no lower temperatures or watering restrictions and they always manage to bloom sping and fall...the older one is about 4 feet across now...In the right place these guys just want to take over everything!
levinson
montreal
Canada

December 1, 2010
2:36 PM

Post #8239652

a friend claims to get constant flowering (year-round) by adding her birth control pills to the watering solution! Should I believe her? When I saw the plant it was formidable and it was June.
tmbolin
crossville, TN
(Zone 7a)

May 2, 2011
5:44 PM

Post #8535520

That would be a stretch for me to take seriously but you know your friend and I don't so...

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 9, 2011
7:17 AM

Post #8922474

Just had to laugh at levinson's comment. So the plant is reproducing beautifully. . .how about your friend? If she's feeding her birth control pills to her plant, is she also reproducing beautifully?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Will the Real Christmas Cactus Please Stand Up Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I want one! KyWoods 6 Apr 8, 2008 3:11 PM
Thank so much doccat5 1 Dec 19, 2007 2:49 PM
Great article roadrunner 6 Apr 8, 2008 3:06 PM
Cool temps also will cause budding tommyr2006 9 May 4, 2011 6:24 PM
Grans Plant WeeDave 2 Nov 29, 2010 3:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America